• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Centaurus Military Academy

Cocoabutterkisses said:
Eldirir followed Tau unsure of what was happening. He still felt just the tiniest bit eerie of what Tau said at the mess hall. He knew he was joking, it still freaked him out. "What exactly have you been working on? Do the teachers know about it?"
@Kalin Scarlet @Rosyshark
"Uhmm...probably not. Colonelo does, and uh, ms. Anarasa does, and...well, I think that's all!" Tau said, walking backwards as he answered. He still had a charming smile on his lips, shining like a star(metaphorically, of course) as he showed his teeth. Once the trio reached his room, Tauburn pressed his back to the door. His expression grew serious, and he glared at the two.

"Anything that you experience in this room is to never be brought up without my consent outside of this room. Got it?"

@Cocoabutterkisses

@Rosyshark

Echo nodded. "Understood." She was honestly curious. Obviously is wasn't anything against the rules if the Colonel was letting him do it, and Anarasa too. If she had gotten that sort of programming yet she would have felt honored that Tau was trusting them with whatever this was.

Eldirir gave a slight nod as well, "Oh okay I promise I won't." He usually tells Zeon everything, but if Tau says not to he'll do his best to stay quiet about it. He looked at Echo. She appeared to be fine with what was going on where as Eldirir felt weird. Why would Tau show him of all sneople something so secret? He just decided to roll with it and see what happened.

Tau nodded, opening his door. Inside, the room was quite kempt, and the walls were dotted with star-like energy constructs, much like the ones he'd left behind in Zeon's room. Tauburn walked into the room, his chest starting to glow slightly.

@Rosyshark

@Cocoabutterkisses

Edlrir looked around the room in awe. It was interesting. The stars everywhere were amazing. He turned to Tau and noticed the glow on his chest. He was confused by it. He looked between Tau and Echo. "Are.... Are you a snobot too?" Eldirir was unsure as to what was happening to him.

@Rosyshark @Kalin Scarlet

Cocoabutterkisses said:
Ufulo sighed and left the teacher to himself. She mumbled, "Enjoy your 'secret' meal bro." As she left the building she saw a student stumbling around. She went over and saw that it was Hasina. "Hey, are you okay? Do you need help getting back to your dorm?"
Hasina swore silently, "I'm fine," she said but tripped and had to catch herself on the pavement. She cursed her legs for not being steady. Perhaps she should have waited in her ship a little longer. She hated to be seen weak and knocked flat like this. While the breeze had dried some of her fur she was still damp with sweat. "I'll be fine," she said trying to get up.

@Cocoabutterkisses

Ufulo got closer and held out her arm for Hasina to take and pull herself back up. "You don't seem very fine." She looked terrible, like she had just swam in a pool of anxiety. "Come on, let me take you to medics. At least let them check up on you and make sure you're not ill."

@Belle Moon

Hasina accepted the assistance to her paws but tried to walk off shakily, "I'll be fine, I just need to get some sleep," she lied. Her legs were weaker than they usually were after her flashbacks. She guessed that it was because of how long it had been. "I don't need a medic, I just need to get to my room."

@Cocoabutterkisses

"Heh. No, not a robot..." He said, glancing at the two of them over his shoulder. His eyes rested on Echo for a moment longer than he'd intended, and he quickly looked away, a minor blush on his face. "Uhm, this light is my body resonating with the stars on the walls. They're a part of me, and the rest of my people. They allow us to do some pretty interesting things, too. For example..." Tau focued, and the glow on his mark expanded, forming the shape of an x over his chest. Slowly, the world around them lost shape, becoming a void for one instant, and a vast plane of light, the next. Within this light, Tauburn, Echo, and Eldirir were returned to the space that resembled Tau's dorm. All of the stars were gone, however. "We can create spaces wherein all other things around us stop. A space outside of time, if you'd like to put it that way. It helps give me time I'd otherwise wouldn't have, or hide things in a place no one else can reach." he explained, sitting in the chair by his desk.

@Rosyshark

@Cocoabutterkisses

Ufulo did her best to support Hasina so she wouldn't fall down again. "I understand." She didn't really fully understand why she didn't want to go to the medic, but respected her wishes anyway. "Do you mind if I help you to your room then?"

@Belle Moon

Eldirir jumped a little when the room changed. It took him by complete surprise. It was like the world ended for a brief second. "That's amazing. Your people are incredible. Mine are just a natural tripping hazard. It must be nice to be able to give yourself extra time like that and peaceful to be able to separate yourself from the rest of the world for a little while."

Hasina was about to protest when she felt her knees shaking, she may attract less attention if she wasn't falling. "Yes, thank you." She was grateful that Ufulo didn't press the subject. Hasina wasn't fond of showing her weakness but she remembered that her therapist told her to try and lean on others every now and then.

@Cocoabutterkisses

Ufulo smiled down at her, "You're welcome." She began to walk slowly as not to push Hasina too hard. It wouldn't be safe to stumble around the campus all alone. Hasina would end up hurting herself and really end up having to go to medic. "Don't worry. This will be our secret. I know how important it is to keep face here. You have to prove that you are capable and strong otherwise they won't think you'll hold up well in battle. I don't know what's wrong, but I hope you feel better soon."

Hasina was torn, part of her wanted to just keep her past to herself; after all don't they always say that the past is best left in the past? She also found herself wanting to tell Ufulo everything that happened. "I really think you need to talk to someone besides me. While I appreciate your openness with me, it would do you good to talk to another person." Her therapist's words from their last meeting before Hasina went back to active duty rang in her head. Perhaps it was time to lighten her emotional load, what would it damage really?

"If I tell you what happened, will you not tell our comrades?" Hasina asked before she lost her nerve.

Ufulo recognized how hard that must've been to ask. Everyone has their secrets, their hardships, and leaving them behind isn't an easy thing to do. "I'm not much of a gossip. I know what it's like to need someone to talk to and listen to what you have to say. It'll be another one of our secrets." Ufulo is continuously haunted by her own past. The horror that ensued when her planet was taken, and watching her family and friends get taken or killed. She will forever remember the last words her chief ever spoke to her. They ring in her head when she doubts herself.

Hasina nodded and took a calming breath, "for many years, two factions on my planet fought each other. I was a foot soldier fighting on the front lines. My unit got information on a strike on a civilian village. We were ordered to evacuate the civilians and defend the area." Images and sounds rang in her ears, of gunfire and shouting threatened to drag her back down, "I was in the southern corner on my own when we were ambushed. The strike was hours earlier than what was discussed, one of the superiors defected and betrayed our mission plans." Her eyes glassed over as memories began to cloud her mind. "There were still women and children to evacuate, I tried to save them..." she began to shake more as she fought to stay present, "my whole unit was wiped out and I barely escaped. I was in a mental hospital fighting my PTSD for five years before my doctor advised that I return to active duty as a pilot." Hasina began to breathe heavier, "I still have flashbacks so I was having an episode in my ship from the experience in town just now."

@Cocoabutterkisses

Ufulo was surprised at this information. To think that planets really did have wars like that came as a shock to her. "It's confusing as to why a doctor would advise you to return to war, after war is what caused your PTSD. I suppose they thought you could get past it. My planet was at peace. We didn't believe in fighting, government, I mean we barely even had a monetary system. We had small tribes with Chiefs and never once was there a dispute. We'd have dances and festivals. When one tribe fell ill or was in danger another would always come to their rescue. That's why when the Krayer's came we were unprepared for what happened. We didn't know how to fight back. One by one my people were chained or killed. My Chief was the last person I saw before I escaped. He told me 'Run. Don't look back. Don't try to save us. Just run. I know it seems wrong, but sometimes you have to do what's right for yourself, before you can save others. Only fight if you know you won't fall. Save us when you know it's a battle you can win. Otherwise run and don't ever look back.' It scared me. He always told me to never argue, and never hit. Now he's telling me to fight. So here I am. You have to take it easy, or you will fall. It'll be hard, but you know you can do it. You can get past this. You just have to remember what you're fighting for. Use it to your advantage. Instead of looking at it in horror, use it to fuel you. Remember to take day off too. It won't be good if you push yourself too hard."

@Belle Moon

Hasina nodded, "Yes, but I couldn't adjust to civilian life I'd been in the military all my life. I didn't know how to be what others consider normal. My doctor suggested entering the air force and training in one of the newest VIPER crafts. While it's still military, my experience is different; so much that before today, I hadn't had an episode for several months. War was how my PTSD came to be but the cause is loosing my whole unit, loosing innocent lives. I volunteered to be stationed here so that no more innocent beings, no matter what race, would be lost. I stay professional because if I let myself care too much then I'm afraid I'll loose more friends." She admitted. "I've never shared this with anyone but my doctor. It's hard to admit my own weakness in a place and time when we all need strength."

Hasina found herself chuckling, "Day's off aren't easy for me to take, I get restless so I tend to still work even on my day's off. I'll try and take your advice though." She grew serious again, "Thank you for sharing your own story, I know how hard it is to tell others your own past. I'm sorry for your loss."

(Gotta get up extra early to be at work by five in the morning, so I'm going to bed. I'll be back on tomorrow though.)

Ufulo nodded, "Thank you very much. I can see now why he would want you to continue active duty. I understand the fear of losing the people you care about, but also I understand that you can't survive without them. We are all people, beings, despite our different races and species. We need friends. We need people we care about and love. One day you'll let go of the wall you keep up, and you'll make friends. They'll care about you, listen to your struggles, and always be there when you need them. Even if you can't call me friend yet, I promise whenever you need me I'll be there. My people are loving and kind. It's in my nature to come to whoever calls. Believe me I won't mind. You can trust me. You'll find the strength one day and it'll make you thrive."

(Okay Good night! Sleep well!)

SAO had wondere3d into the conversation between Ufulo and Hasina and found the content interesting enough to not walk in as she otherwise would have normally done. While SAO did not care about the idea of a secret she did understand the concept as being the same as her orders to keep some information from others, this was just a personal level of that. As she listened she did learn about the two species and how different they were and she felt that might help explain why Ufulo might not have really known about the festival her kind were peaceful for the most part. Another major bit of information was the affects of war and death on organics, and how they viewed it, this was important to SAO because she had thus far linked everything to death with organics, if she could understand death then perhaps this would be easier. The best path to learn of death was from the two before her, despite how private the conversation would be to all but her as she couldn't read that mood.

" Hello again Ufulo I would like to ask you a few questions on the subject of organic death." She said walking up to Ufulo half asking half telling.

Ufulo jumped a little and almost dropped Hasina. She quickly grabbed Hasina and steadied herself. "OH my Chief! SAO don't scare me like that!" She stopped to ease her heart rate. "What? I- What?" It took her a second to gather what just happened. She went from having a meaningful conversation with Hasina, and budding a new friendship, and now SAO is asking about death. That won't trigger any PTSD or bad memories. "What do you want to know exactly?"

" My species does not know death we understand it is your body stopping its functioning, but we do not see why death is such a defining feature of organics, you form religions around it, focus on it, and seem to always think on it yet we do not see why you have stopped you biological processes it is the end why is so much of your time devoted to your end?" SAO explained trying to be as clear as she could though she was no doubt vague as this was a major subject.

Ufulo scratched her head trying to find the right words for SAO's new question. "I mean. When we organics die. We no longer exist. Our bodies are here, but our internal being is not. Our brains shut down, our heart stops, and our organs cease working, and then our bodies decompose into the ground. We will be dead. Different religions believe different things. One believes that when we die, our souls will be sent to a sort of heaven to live for eternity while our bodies on this plane decompose into nothing. Others believe that our souls with resurrect into another form. That's why so many devote their time to their end. They want to believe something else happens on the other end. That it isn't just a black void. It's hard to explain why we die. We just do. Our bodies do not allow us to live forever like yours. Do you understand?"

" So you focus on death because you're scared so you make up lies about gods and afterlives?" SAO half asked if only for confirmation.

Sao now thought fear motivated organics and it made sense, though she still didn't get why they feared death. They died that was the end she didn’t get the thought for it lives that ended should be the focus in her mind.

" I still do not get it perhaps you can explain why if you believe you get to live on why death would induce any mental disorders, if there is something after this then death should be even less than fading for us " Sao said confused.

Ufulo was very confused by the words SAO used. She only recently learned how to speak this language. "I um don't think they are lies. People believe what makes them comfortable. To them they don't see it as lies they see it as undeniable truth and it would be rude to call them lies to their faces. They believe this so they don't have to fear death. So they can live their lives and get to the other side. People like me believe in nothing. I assume all that's waiting for me is that black void, but I don't let it dictate my life. If I die tomorrow, I did it fighting for my milita. I don't care what's on the other side. I just want to live now and do what I can for my militia. Now mental disorders that I'm sorry I don't understand. Death doesn't produce mental disorders. Death kills our brains. They don't function. No impulses are being sent around our nerves anymore. It's dead."

Echo looked around at the room and back at Tauburn. "So is that what you were working on?" She asked. Though her face was still blank she had to admit. This was as they say "neat." She also looked at Eldirir. "Your kind is known for more positive things. Do not put yourself down." she added.

@Kalin Scarlet @Cocoabutterkisses

Users who are viewing this thread

Back