Other Casual rants, feel free to put in your two cents.

Sir Swigglesworth

I got two brain cells fighting for third place
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Does anyone else find it funny how some people have their minds clouded so much by religion that they get enraged when you stick by your guns to complete school and graduate rather than get taken to one of their church meetings as usual? I just had to sit patiently and calmly for 20 minutes as I get yelled at by angered 69 year old grandfather because I decided to stay home and work on my economics project. Meanwhile the moment I open my mouth to explain myself I immediately get told to stop since I'm being "disrespectful". It's honestly pathetic and I feel bad for my grandparents who've grown so dense to the point they're stupid and aggressive over their religion. I'm supposed to be the perfect little obedient child who listens to their every whim and will, I'm supposed to be part of their great religious organization, I'm supposed to be a brainwashed fucking slave! Ugh.....I can't wait to leave this house and get off to college. Literally last night when I got home from yoga with my girlfriend (Don't ask, she convinced me) I told them that it wasn't as bad as I thought and that the yoga instructor was saying some guru kinda stuff. Things like, "Open your mind and relax now, let your body sink in on its weight." and the first thing they say to me is to not listen to those lies because it allows Satan to get into my mind. Like, SERIOUSLY!?

Anyways, anyone else able to relate?

Last edited:
Meh, I just shrug it off. They have a right to be as stupid as they want, and I have a right not to mind them. Which I do.

Suppose it's the age stuff - a default "don't give a damn" attitude. After a while you just stop caring, having no time, strength, or health to get angry.

Aw, I’m really sorry to hear that! You sound like you’re a productive, stable guy and it’s a shame they are seemingly brushing that off because of a lack of religion... hopefully you’ll move out to college soon and only have to deal with that as a rarity rather than commonality :(

Aw, I’m really sorry to hear that! You sound like you’re a productive, stable guy and it’s a shame they are seemingly brushing that off because of a lack of religion... hopefully you’ll move out to college soon and only have to deal with that as a rarity rather than commonality :(
Stable sure....mentally however XD.

When my parents started teaching my brother and I about evolution, my grandparents were like, "You have to teach them creationism, too, it's only fair!!!111!!1!!!" Not to mention my great grandma, who legit flipped her shit when my parents didn't baptize me. Then my grandma telling my brother that God put fossils in the ground to trick us. Cuz, you know...God's a real troll. God be like
310x190_tous-trolls

"You like them dinosaur bones?"

Basically, yeah, I can relate to crazy religious family members.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back