Campaign

Q17

Adrian stopped in front of a door, which his instincts told him that it would be the jackpot. He cleared his throat and knocked the door.

"Hello, any secret former Overwatch agent meeting going on inside?"

He said, trying to peek inside.

"Should've brought something with internet connection."

Adrian ran his finger across the barrel of his gun, waiting for any response.

@TPBx

Q17

Adrian stopped in front of a door, which his instincts told him that it would be the jackpot. He cleared his throat and knocked the door.

"Hello, any secret former Overwatch agent meeting going on inside?"

He said, trying to peek inside.

"Should've brought something with internet connection."

Adrian ran his finger across the barrel of his gun, waiting for any response.

@TPBx

"Winston, we have another guest."

"Who is it," the ape asked.

"I do not know. The person is wearing some sort of biohazard gear so I cannot run a facial recognition diagnostic. It doesn't look like he's hostile though, maybe another Agent."

"Pull up the security feed let me take a look." Athena brought up the security camera video feed to Winston's computer. He looked at it to see if there was anything he could recognize about the person. The biohazard gear he was wearing looked like the same suits that Overwatch wears when out on missions in WHO or CDC quarantine zones. Winston grabbed the intercom mic and spoke into it, "you out there. Walk up to the scanner at the door and remove your mask so we can run a retinal and fingerprint scan. Or do something to prove that you are a member of Overwatch."

@randomizedrp

Q17

"Oh, right."

Did he bring a badge with him or something? He checked his pockets. Every single one of them didn't have any sort of thing to prove that he was an Overwatch agent.

"Facial recognition it is."

He said as he proceeded to take off the gas mask. He stepped up to the scanner.

"And now we wait."

He hoped that being officially dead but somehow alive wouldn't be a big problem.

@TPBx

"Running biometric data through known Overwatch Agent Database. . . Name: Sangho , Status: Deceased," Athena stated.

"Let him in Athena, technically Jack here is a dead man too," Winston replied. 

"Opening the doors," Athena said. The large blast doors opened up to let Adrian into the laboratory. A rush of air swung through the entrance as the air pressure inside and out dispersed.

"What is your location?" As McCree asked that question, he got a ping on his device. "How am I supposed to get there?" He asked and took a deep puff from his burning cigar. 

@TPBx

Q17

Adrian quickly wore his mask, checked it, double checked it, and walked inside the laboratory.

"So, what's all this recall about? We got a big problem heading towards us except for more conflicts between humans and omnics or conflicts between humans and humans?"

Adrian said as he kept on walking. According to the recent news and his friends, things have been a lot bad, and some of his friends themselves were thinking of bringing Overwatch back on their own. They'd love to see this happen. He thought.

@TPBx

The temperature in Gibraltar hadn't seemed to change one bit from the last time she'd been there, and it'd thus made her feel happier than she'd expected to be over something so minimal. It was likely that she felt this way because of some of the good memories that were made here, and so- in this moment, she'd suppressed the bad ones. There was no time to waste, no matter the situation, thus Angela exited the aircraft relatively quickly and made her way into the oh-so familiar structure she'd been in quite a few times before. As she made her way into the structure, her footsteps softly echoed. However, she quickly noticed that specific sections of the floor were being lit up- and it was likely a directory device to lead other agents towards Winston's location. From her knowledge he was the one who'd initiated 'Operation: Recall'. Of course, because of her familiarity with the location, she didn't necessarily need the 'directions' granted to her, and so she rushed to the location where most everyone would likely meet.

As she began to close in on her location, she'd heard footsteps which were then followed by a door closing. Had she just missed someone? It wasn't unlikely, after all, she'd took her sweet time recalling all of the positive things that had happened here upon her arrival.  With this, she continued on her path and found herself before what was more than likely the same door that'd just closed moments before she stood in front of it. She knocked on the door confidently, her sea blue eyes anxiously awaiting for when the door opened.

@TPBx

Q17

Adrian quickly wore his mask, checked it, double checked it, and walked inside the laboratory.

"So, what's all this recall about? We got a big problem heading towards us except for more conflicts between humans and omnics or conflicts between humans and humans?"

Adrian said as he kept on walking. According to the recent news and his friends, things have been a lot bad, and some of his friends themselves were thinking of bringing Overwatch back on their own. They'd love to see this happen. He thought.

@TPBx

The temperature in Gibraltar hadn't seemed to change one bit from the last time she'd been there, and it'd thus made her feel happier than she'd expected to be over something so minimal. It was likely that she felt this way because of some of the good memories that were made here, and so- in this moment, she'd suppressed the bad ones. There was no time to waste, no matter the situation, thus Angela exited the aircraft relatively quickly and made her way into the oh-so familiar structure she'd been in quite a few times before. As she made her way into the structure, her footsteps softly echoed. However, she quickly noticed that specific sections of the floor were being lit up- and it was likely a directory device to lead other agents towards Winston's location. From her knowledge he was the one who'd initiated 'Operation: Recall'. Of course, because of her familiarity with the location, she didn't necessarily need the 'directions' granted to her, and so she rushed to the location where most everyone would likely meet.

As she began to close in on her location, she'd heard footsteps which were then followed by a door closing. Had she just missed someone? It wasn't unlikely, after all, she'd took her sweet time recalling all of the positive things that had happened here upon her arrival.  With this, she continued on her path and found herself before what was more than likely the same door that'd just closed moments before she stood in front of it. She knocked on the door confidently, her sea blue eyes anxiously awaiting for when the door opened.

@TPBx

"Dr. Ziegler is outside, should I let her in," Athena asked.

"Of course, Athena, I'm glad to see she's alright after all this time," Winston replied. The doors opened once more to let Mercy into the laboratory. He turned around and went back to the computer, he spoke while going about some business, sorting through multiple screens. "So Sangho, Jack, Logan, the reason why I've recalled all the agents is for something of a greater threat than another Omnic War. Talon, the organization that spearheaded the attack on Gibraltar, has been recently targetting former Overwatch Agents and those close to Overwatch for different purposes, most likely to break apart what is left of Overwatch piece by piece. If we fail to stop them, they have the power to send the world into anothe war or worse. In order to fight them we must come back together, that's why I've initiated recall, to gather our remaining forces from around the world and find out more about Talon and what they plan to do."

---------------------------------------------------

"Sending you the pick coordinates and directions to your device, Mccree. The transport shuttle will be waiting for you there." Mccree's comm device displayed a holographic map with a red line leading from his position to the Landing Zone. The transport shuttle soared through the air and landed at the landing area, waiting for gunslinger's arrival.

@Aart 

Ashlynn sighed as she heard this news. "No... it is fine..." She said with a smidge of disappointment in her voice as she waited for them to arrive at their new destination. She was silent the rest of the time as she fiddled with her mothers items. It was a bunch of random old Overwatch items that were specific to her old kit. "Well... it seems that she was well loved..." She said to herself as she put the items back. The Overwatch Agents may want these back. "Hey Athena... When I am about to meet the agents.... can you not say I am the daughter of her? Just say Agent Gringe... please..." she said as she finished packing up.

(Ima time skip from Ashlynn to Gibraltar.)

Once Ashlynn arrived at Gibraltar, Tracer went on her way elsewhere. She was given directions to Winstons laboratory but did not know exactly where it was. She sighed as she began to walk around she eventually saw the Doctor she had met long ago go into a doorway and it closing behind her. She thought that that was the way so she came up to the door and knocked. She had hoped that Athena did what she had asked and said that she was Agent Gringe. She was also hoping that they did not forget her mother, even though she would forgive them if they did.

@TPBx (Sorry it took so long... Power was out for a few days. Drunk driver hit a power line pole and took it out for my entire block.)

Q17

Adrian grunted.

"Talon, eh? I owe a few bullets in the head. And I'd love to crush them, if we are going to."

He remmbered the moment when his friends were attacked by Talon agents. The unexpected attack took out most of his friends. Talon has been a problem since his Overwatch days, and the odds now led him to possible direct conflicts with them. Inside his mask, Adrian scowled. The idea of fighting Talon directly startled him, yet the memory of the loss of his friends made him hesitate. Even with proper teamwork, things seemed hard. Not this time. He told himself.

@TPBx

It had been so long, but Watchpoint Gibraltar was just as Lena had remembered it - she knew every room, every turn, as if she'd only been here yesterday. The first step was to meet Winston: oh, how she missed Winston. He had made her who she was today - he'd designed and built the chrono accelerator, so without him, she wouldn't even be Tracer. He hadn't just saved her, he'd given her a new life, made her into someone new, and so now it was time for her to take action. Overwatch was back, and she was going to do whatever it took to guide those who were lost or afraid. She was going to be an inspiration.

The door to Winston's laboratory stood in front of Tracer. Her heart pounded in her chest, thumping in a rhythm, but she was excited all the same - she was back. Overwatch was back. So, with a smile she knocked on the door.

"Cheerio! Guess who?"

Both

"More people... Winston how many of these untrained recruits are there, exactly?" Jack asked, as he watched a few more come in, seeing also Dr. Ziegler and... "Oh boy... Speedy decided to show to..." Jack grimaced at her voice through the intercom. He didn't hate her, no she was an amazing fighter and good person. But she was so... Cheery and happy in such grim situations, it was almost unnerving. "Who are these people?" Logan asked no one in particular.

"Welcome back everyone, I'm glad you all could make it," Winston said to everyone. He decided to keep the laboratory doors open for all to come freely in and out of the area. "Nice to see you too, Tracer, I'm glad you're bright and cheerful as always. Anyways I guess I have an announcement to make for all the veterans here," Winston declared, "we have two new agents joining us today. Agent Logan Walker from the US Navy SEALs and Agent Ashlynn Gringe, the daughter of the late Agent Gringe. Give them a warm welcome and we'll get right to sorting out our next move. As I think I said earlier, Talon is planning on striking again soon, and we must all ban together to stop them."

@Smauggo @Brink @The Unamed Beast @randomizedrp @LoneSniper87 

"Winston, I'll check up with the rest of the agents outside of Gibraltar to see what they are up to," Athena told him.

@Katakon @Sir Galahad II

"Reaper, the gauntlet is being moved to the museum soon, get your men together and roll out," Sombra said over the encrypted phone. She then switched channels to the one Widowmaker was supposed to be on, "Widow, if you aren't busy right now I need to have you rendezvous with Reaper on an important mission in Numbani, you are our greatest asset, don't screw things up." She ended the call and tossed the phone aside on her disorganized desk. She marched down the hall way into her ready room and began getting dressed for combat, donning a heavy violet jacket and arming herself with some sort of SMG.

She strutted down to the firing range to the firing range to get some practice back into her system. Once in her stall, which had a few magazines for her gun sitting on the table, a target was pulled up to her. She pulled the trigger and a spray of bullets flew out of the gun and into the target obliterating it and bringing up a second target and the spread on her shots gradually decreased. She continued repeatedly doing this until her accuracy got to the point in which she was emptying her gun's magazine into the area of a single dime. "This will do she muttered to herself, it's not like I'll beat Widow at this any time soon."

@Dante the Fallen @LaDyGrEy

Last edited by a moderator:
Q17

Adrian sat on the floor and put his gun down.

"So tell me scientist, where do you think they'll strike next?"

He said, glancing at Winston. He then scanned the rest in the room. Some he remembered and some he didn't. There was Tracer, he didn't see her in person but by other ways, such as posters, news, and an action figure in his friend's room. Then there was doctor Ziegler, similar to case of Tracer, except the action figure. And everyone else.

"And how many of us will go? Please don't tell me we're all gonna storm into our first job."

He added.

@TPBx

Angela's eyes widened in both happiness and a sense of a deep and hidden fear upon seeing her old friends once again. However, at Winston's mention of a 'threat greater than the Omnic War' she couldn't help but fear for the lives of those who were in the same room as her. 'Must war be the only solution- ?' she thought to herself, and crossing her arms before loosening up once again. She would've let these things go to take the opportunity to greet everyone once again, but there was a name called out with the title of 'new agent'- Ashlynn Gringe; she was the very same girl whose life she'd saved awhile back and now she was to take part in Overwatch operations? After all, she was only a child. With this, she walked forward.

"Firstly, i'm happy to see all of you once more, it's a pleasure to see that you're all doing well. However, of all the agents to recruit, you bring in Ashlynn? She's young yet and frankly, I don't want to see any harm brought to her or any of you for that matter," she stated sternly. She was fixated on her opinion and didn't agree with bringing Ashlynn to future and potentially life-threatening battles. Quickly, she turned to Ashlynn and warmly smiled, "And how are you doing? How's everything working for you?" she asked.

(My apologies for this honestly being both a short and overall bad post, it's late at night and I wanted to get something in before I went to bed. I'll get to editing this in the morning.)

The shuttle was waiting on McCree for a while. McCree knew it'd wait, so why would he hurry. When he got there Athena addressed him on his timing, but also welcomed him. The shuttle ride didn't take that long. That was because of the amazing speed of the shuttle, probably build by Törbjorn, he thought. When he arrived at Gibraltar he saw a couple of people standing in front of the gate. He immediately recognized the big, old man. It was Reinhardt, the German war-veteran. "Hey grandpa!" McCree said jokingly to the German. 

@TPBx @Sir Galahad II

Ashlynn smiled as she walked in and was introduced. She saw some familiar faces and some new ones. The one that stuck out most, however, was Dr. Zeigler. As the doctor spoke of how she feared for Ashlynn's safety, she let out a well deserved small laugh. She then turned to the doctor. "I am fine Doctor. The augmentations are working better than ever expected. But I think you should know I am not the weak little girl you met years ago..." she then laughed a bit. "And yes... I did take care of the Omnics in Kings row.... but..." She said with a nervous laugh as she remembered what she had done before she arrived at Gibraltar. "I do not think I should go back anytime soon.... But I am here of my own accord... and my mothers... No one asked me to join..." she said as she took the bag off of her shoulders and held it out to winston.

"I believe these items belong to Overwatch.... but... I am keeping her uniform..." She said as she placed the bag on the floor. "If I am to be apart of Overwatch, I am going to need a weapon..... and I do know my mother was known as mother nature..." She had known this due to the pictures she had seen. Ashlnn's mother was usually always found in a garden or the greenhouse while she was alive and she had the knack for gardening. "Winston, think you could help me with that?" she asked him a bit nonchalantly. "I need her old weapon.... she said it was here...." she said with yet another sigh.

@Smauggo @TPBx

"La vueve tisse sa toile," she said before lightly pressing the trigger, watching her kill fall to the ground. She had been tailing him for a few days and she finally had the perfect shot, well every shot was perfect. Time. It was key, when the kill felt alive and the look of dread when people realised what had happened in the split second. Pure bliss.

After she lifted herself back into a position from hanging out the window upside down, her earpiece lit up. "Ah Sombra, acknowledged," Widowmaker said before pulling her visor down, ensuring no one was coming close to her location before she headed out.

Jumping off the roof top, she fired her gauntlet and swung from the next. Luckily for her the rendezvous point wasn't too far. "Bonjour," she whispered as she came up behind the Reaper. A man she had seemingly developed a mutual connection with via Talon. A strange man, mysterious but a partner nonetheless. 

@TPBx @Dante the Fallen

"Saludos Widowmaker." Reaper said atop of another building. He never liked coming out in the open like this but he had hidden a jammer atop of the building that would scramble signals or digital surveillance trying to observe them. Even with the tech at Overwatch's disposal the most they could do against one of Sombra's jammer devices was maybe catch a glimpse of them from satellite imaging. It certainly would not be a clear photo and they could forget about catching any clear audio from them. Widowmaker was, like Sombra, one of the very select people he would work with without having the instant desire to shoot in the back of the head. She could appreciate a good kill so they shared that much at least.

He turned slowly chuckling behind his mask. "Be glad I expected you otherwise I may have...reacted." He said looking at her. "Here we are working together once again. Our target will be simple. A civilian museum with laughable security. We break in and secure the gauntlet. But I'm sure we may have a few agents of Overwatch coming to meet us.  The monkey has recalled the remaining agents. I did catch some of the ID's of who remained. But I know some of the agents that responded are dead..I made sure of that for most of that. So I can only guess their communicators were taken or passed on." He said before laughing again. "Which means we may run into some pathetic uninteresting untrained children and failures thinking they can change the world." He said before going deadly silent. "I want the gauntlet to please Sombra. But I want the heads of any agent that comes to stop us."

@LaDyGrEy @TPBx

"I'll see what I can," Winston said to the young agent, "I think I can whip up something similar to the weapon your mother used. Athena told me you were good on your feet so maybe something to accompany your strengths will suit you well. Probably a sword of some sort rather than the elemental gun that your mother used. I can probably take the core out of that and fashion it into something that will fit you perfectly. Hmm. I'll get back to you later once I have it finished." Winston left the lab and went to his workshop in the hangar of Gibraltar. He always loved tackling new projects and now that the personal shield generator was out of the way, he could get to work on something else far greater.

@The Unamed Beast

On the way out he found Adrian, still dressed in his Quarantine Biohazard Uniform, he realized he didn't exactly finish up his speech before leaving, he turned and addressed the small crowd in the laboratory, "Athena will make an official announcement and a plan of action once she has everything set up and figured out. She's scouring the globe right now trying to pick up any breadcrumb that Talon leaves behind. All we know now is that it has to be in Numbani, Republic Of South Africa, and that they are going after Doomfist's gauntlet." 

@ (all of overwatch)

Sombra emerged from a shadow behind them. A trail of thin light could be made out as her cloaking device deactivated revealing herself to the other two Talon Agents. Her gaudy purple jacket flew around a bit in the wind and at her hip was her SMG. "Though this is not for me by the way, its what the higher ups in Talon want. I just run things here on the ground. Those suits want the weapon because it can turn any ordinary soldier into a living superweapon, capable of leveling a skyscraper. They want to mass produce the gauntlet and turn Talon's soldiers into a feared wrecking crew. Its a pretty cheesy idea that sounds like its taken out of a comic book, but that's what they want to do," Sombra said to the two.

"Anyways I'm here to give you two your roles for the upcoming mission. I have already briefed the majority of the Talon Soldiers involved, but I need to consult you two as you are the linchpin that decides whether or not we succeed. Reaper, you will be leading the troops on the ground as always, Widowmaker, you'll be Sniper support. I'll be your guys' eye in the sky. However, there is something outside of the mission plan that I want you two to do, focus your efforts on eliminating the Overwatch Agents at the scene. I, in fact, don't give a damn about the gauntlet and its importance, but I did some digging and found that its not just rookies that have rallied back to Overwatch. The likes of Reinhardt, Mercy, and Tracer are going to be there, and I heard rumors that there is a vigilante bearing many similarities to Jack Morrison that is with them as well. Taking them out will be a larger blow than an army of Doomfists will as they are experienced combatants that can take on any foe."

@LaDyGrEy @Dante the Fallen

Widowmaker huffed at Reaper's reply. "You could try to react but a bullet wpuld already be between the eyes," she said softly, balancing her rifle on her shoulder as she spoke. "Dead? I'd like to think so, or I'd have to...rethink my partner choice," Widowmaker pulled down her visor, making sure no others were around as she listened to Reaper talk about Sombra.

"This is my mission, which is why I am here, Sombra or not," Widowmaker said lifting up her visor again and hearing steps from the shadows behind her. "Acknowledged Sombra, death will come quickly for them," 

-sorry for short post, I have a migraine, my eyes hurt, my body aches and I'm slowly dying-

@Dante the Fallen @TPBx

Reaper chuckled at the mention of the original and real members of Overwatch making an appearance but his chuckle died instantly at the sound of Jack Morrison's name. He should not be surprised that he has survived the explosion as well but nothing was concrete yet. If this man was Jack he would finish the job he started just as mercilessly and enjoy each moment again if not more so. "A vigilante? O how the mighty have fallen." He said nodding in acknowledgment. "This will be easy even if some of the original team arrive. The rookies will be easy targets as well so long as Overwatch does not send its full force to this mission which would be foolish even for them. You don't have to tell me twice Sombra." He said already itching to meet his enemies and show the rookies the mess they doomed themselves into.

"I hope your aim is good enough to hit that annoying brit. She is rather...annoying" he said walking to the edge of the roof.

@TPBx @LaDyGrEy

((Sorry @Aart, I haven't actually gotten to Gibraltar yet because I'm lazy. I'll try to respond when I get there I guess. Sorry to everyone else as well for the inactivity.))

The hail of bullets did not faze him. Reinhardt had shielded his comrades from Bastion units in the past, and he wasn't about to let this beast break him. Dozens of bullets flattened against the hardlight generated by his shield and littered the ground. Soon, the man threw the gun down along with his coat, trading the Gatling gun for shotguns. Still, even the plasma from the shotguns could do nothing, disintegrating opon impact with the barrier. He made a mental note to thank Torbjörn and Brigitte for their ingenuity later.

Step by step, Reinhardt pressed on towards the increasingly nervous man, using his shield to walk through the bullets and the snow that poured in through the door like it was light rain. A notification appeared on his visor from Athena, but he would have to ignore it for now. Once Reinhardt deemed himself sufficiently close to the man, he called out to him.

"Are you ready? Here I come!"

While doing so, he retracted the shield and took his hammer into both hands, beginning to swing back and forth. Flame danced in front of him from his hammer, the light and heat seemingly lashing out in rage against the cold atmosphere surrounding it.

A few days later...

"Sorry for the wait everyone," Winston announced to the small crowd in the hangar. "I had to finish up some things with Athena in order to prepare for this counter attack... Anyways I'll get right on with it. Tomorrow, marks a special event in the South African City of Numbani to honor the local legend and late Overwatch Agent Doomfist. During the celebration, Doomfist's Gauntlet, a powerful weapon that can level buildings in a single punch, will be moved from the Overwatch HQ in Johannesburg to Numbani's Omnic Crisis Museum. We suspect that that Talon would not launch an attack on the well defended convoy going from Johannesburg, but they will attack when the gauntlet is in the open during the parade. We will split our task force into two teams. The first team will make sure the Gauntlet makes it to the museum safely, and the second team will be stationed at the Museum to prevent any other attempt in taking the gauntlet. Logan, Jack, Angela, and Adrian, you will be part of the Street Team. Reinhardt, Tracer, and Ashlynn, you will be with me at the Museum."

"It is likely that Talon will keep resources in the city to have other attempts at taking the Gauntlet. So we'll keep you posted there for at least a couple weeks, so pack up and get ready for the long haul. We're wheels up in 2 hours."

@randomizedrp @Aart @Smauggo @The Unamed Beast @Sir Galahad II @Brink

Q17

Adrian whistled.

"Whoohoo, nice. Numbani. And Doomfist. Let me check my luggage."

Adrian looked around.

"Gun, check, gas, check, mask, check, filter..."

Adrian blocked the filters and tried to breath.

"Check. Common sense, I left it home, real identity, check, fake identity, check. Good to go."

Adrian took a deep breath after finishing his somehow pointless luggage check. He glanced at his grenades and found nothing that would be a problem now or hours later. His alternate filters were all good to go. He had enough bullets to shoot at whoever he had to.

@TPBx

Aaaand other Overwatch agents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back