• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ? camp winterian wyrd | out-of-character chat

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Sorry for the buttload of questions T.T I usually need to know what my boundaries and limits are before I feel comfortable enough to RP

So... I'd imagine they can heal, make dying plants fertile again, bloom flowers within a few seconds (perhaps?), conjure.... light!..... uhm.... cast.... a barrier of.... magic that reduces... protects.. from harm to a certain extent?

Also: I'm trying to read up more on the ljosalfar (how do you pronounce that? I'm saying Le-yo-sal-far which I think is going to make native speakers' ears bleed ouch! OH WAIT... isit ho-sal-far?) I came across this:

"The elves are some of the most beautiful beings in Norse mythology, in fact, it is said that they are more beautiful than the sun. The elves live in the realm of Alfheim one of the nine worlds in Norse mythology, the God Freyr is their ruler of Alfheim. The elves are minor Gods of nature and fertility, and they have the power to make humans ill but also to cure them with their vast knowledge of magical powers."

is this applicable? So in this sense, they would revere Freyr?

ALSO I WANT TO BE MORE BOOTIFUL THAN TEH SUN! <3
? ; it's definitely not a problem at all ! i can get like that as well ! don't apologise !
? ; yes , yes , yes ! to all of that you have mentioned in regards to their abilities ! ( it was nicely put and thought of because wow barrier of magic to protect yeee! )

(( honestly. . . . i have no idea how to pronounce it myself, much less remember how to spell it so i opted to say "light elves" ! but. . . i think the way you wrote it out the second time: ho-sal-far , sounds legitimate - wow, i want to look it up now ))

? ; but yes ! that is applicable and they would revere Freyr !

BE MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN THE SUN.
SHOW THEM WHO'S BOSS
i- mean . . . secretly

deer deer
SHHHH I'M CHANNELING MY INNER LJOSLAFAR!the spelling... I can't.... :<

source.gif

*ahem* I mean... nah, you don't have to. I rarely use it if ever. Most of my RPN time is spent while I'm at work, I find the RPN dark theme page raises less questions than discord xD. Light theme burns my eyes out so.. >.>

Last edited:
Lekiel Lekiel ; was i just 'shushed' by a LJOSLAFAR?! IS IT BECAUSE IM NOT A CHILD OF FREYR THAT I AM ABANDONED AND DISRESPECTED LIKE DISSSSS?
ugly sobs

oooooh ! you can definitely have discord on dark theme as well if that is what's causing you to not come to discord's dark side either. coughs

not a problem !
do you know what age you'll be making your ljoslafar?

Chimney Swift Chimney Swift , diwa diwa , mxlly mxlly , adored adored , Green Pen Green Pen , ShadyAce ShadyAce [ i hope i remembered all who are making elves ] are your Elven buddssss !

Lekiel Lekiel ; was i just 'shushed' by a LJOSLAFAR?! IS IT BECAUSE IM NOT A CHILD OF FREYR THAT I AM ABANDONED AND DISRESPECTED LIKE DISSSSS?
ugly sobs

oooooh ! you can definitely have discord on dark theme as well if that is what's causing you to not come to discord's dark side either. coughs

not a problem !
do you know what age you'll be making your ljoslafar?

Chimney Swift Chimney Swift , diwa diwa , mxlly mxlly , adored adored , Green Pen Green Pen , ShadyAce ShadyAce [ i hope i remembered all who are making elves ] are your Elven buddssss !

All who are not Josfarars are ugly ducklings :o BAHAH!

I don't think its the theme... it's the... I dunno, chat room ish appearance with colourful texts and stuff? Or maybe I'm just trying to be an 'ol skool rebel.

Uhh... I dunno? Maybe young but not too young? 22-24?

Wow, I thought there was only one other Jasfsofar.. dang... I've got lotsa buddies <3!

Lekiel Lekiel ; old school rebel chants, chants, chants
oooh ! okay ! the age limit is between 12-21!

ouii ! the only user who only has an elven character is Chimney Swift, so I guess you can call Arvid the "original" buddy hehe! i believe he's 1200 !

um , wow, ugly ducklings. . . are just swans! < 33

hehe, not a problem! i'm definitely going to keep this ooc thread updated as well since there are some users who aren't in the discord as well! < 33

Lekiel Lekiel ; old school rebel chants, chants, chants
oooh ! okay ! the age limit is between 12-21!

ouii ! the only user who only has an elven character is Chimney Swift, so I guess you can call Arvid the "original" buddy hehe! i believe he's 1200 !

um , wow, ugly ducklings. . . are just swans! < 33

hehe, not a problem! i'm definitely going to keep this ooc thread updated as well since there are some users who aren't in the discord as well! < 33

I lowkey knew they are swans, hence I used that term to let you have that comeback.. see I'm nice!

Oh whoops! FOr some reason I had the idea that we were asked to make characters aged 19-21! MY BAD!Now that I think about it, even this doesn't explain why I said 22-24.... .. . >.> <.<.....

I'll probably be 19-21 then! I think it's the best presumed maturity level for me to come to terms with how she would be like, given her background!

Galaxy Bear Galaxy Bear Would you be up for our characters having some sort of relationship?

Also, like, thank you so much for the mobile veiw thing. I have to quote everything else and shift through a mountain of codding, it's horrendous

Oh oh! Another question!

Would it be okay if I made my elf one of the tutors (instructors?) at camp? Perhaps in magic. Definitely not the main teacher or whatnot, or maybe a senior attendee who has been asked to help out with the instruction/demonstration of magic?

How long has Camp Winterian Wyrd been est. for?

Oh oh! Another question!

Would it be okay if I made my elf one of the tutors (instructors?) at camp? Perhaps in magic. Definitely not the main teacher or whatnot, or maybe a senior attendee who has been asked to help out with the instruction/demonstration of magic?

How long has Camp Winterian Wyrd been est. for?
Yes, an instructor/demonstrator of magic would be perfectly fine! My elf is one of the main healers & Travey's is the caretaker so of course!
& It's been around for a long time! I don't think we've established an exact date, but i would say for longer than our elf bbies have been around - although it would have changed quite a bit overtime ♡

I lowkey knew they are swans, hence I used that term to let you have that comeback.. see I'm nice!

Oh whoops! FOr some reason I had the idea that we were asked to make characters aged 19-21! MY BAD!Now that I think about it, even this doesn't explain why I said 22-24.... .. . >.> <.<.....

I'll probably be 19-21 then! I think it's the best presumed maturity level for me to come to terms with how she would be like, given her background!
its not a problem! i dont remember if we mentioned it in the cs or not!

okay, okay, you are nice. . . . sometimes, maybe. cough

Yes, an instructor/demonstrator of magic would be perfectly fine! My elf is one of the main healers & Travey's is the caretaker so of course!
& It's been around for a long time! I don't think we've established an exact date, but i would say for longer than our elf bbies have been around - although it would have changed quite a bit overtime ♡

Ouuhh! Well if your charrie's the healer wouldn't that make him/her the default teacher? I can be the protege/senior student who helps out with teaching all the other magically dumb illiterate campers? :D

Ouuhh! Well if your charrie's the healer wouldn't that make him/her the default teacher? I can be the protege/senior student who helps out with teaching all the other magically dumb illiterate campers? :D
Her forte is more so just healing and less of the other sorcery work - however if you would like them to be a protege/senior student of my babe that's perfectly fine! ♡

Her forte is more so just healing and less of the other sorcery work - however if you would like them to be a protege/senior student of my babe that's perfectly fine! ♡

Ouuu... okay..! I'll keep that in mind hmmmm.... I'll work on my CS and see where my whimsy takes mehhh~!

Galaxy Bear Galaxy Bear Would you be up for our characters having some sort of relationship?

Also, like, thank you so much for the mobile veiw thing. I have to quote everything else and shift through a mountain of codding, it's horrendous

What are you thinking? And it's no problem. I love coding but sometimes I can't see when I'm on mobile

What are you thinking? And it's no problem. I love coding but sometimes I can't see when I'm on mobile
Olivia is friends with both the Odin kids, she spars with Doran, and I'm aware that your character trains with him as well, so maybe they've become friends through that?

Have you guys started accepting people or is that not going to be done until Sunday? I'm just finalizing the final details of her backstory then I'll be done.

Have you guys started accepting people or is that not going to be done until Sunday? I'm just finalizing the final details of her backstory then I'll be done.
We can do early acceptance but I'll probably ask mxlly mxlly and diwa diwa their thoughts on the matter, but character acceptance are definitely happening august 19th! we will probably need at least a day or two to look through them and discuss. if we need people to add or edit some adjustments to their character sheet, we will be asking that of them. once done, the roleplay should begin after that!

the approx. date of starting would maybe be august 22nd - 24th! we will definitely continue updating along the way!

also, other characters such as elves, giants, and dwarves can be made! second characters such as them won't be due on august 19th but after since we want priority over everyone's first characters which are mostly demigods.

the exception to the rules are Chimney Swift Chimney Swift and Lekiel Lekiel since their first characters are Elves and their acceptance will also be august 19th. ( for you two, elven lore will be posted soon, but it is okay if your memoir is a bit shorter than others or even not as specific as others. however, alfheim inspiration is going to be taken from LOTR and the Hobbits! Freyr is the ruling god over the Light Elves so I do imagine they pay respect towards him. There's going to be [ 3 ] "faction" / "house" of light elves and those three factions will have specific crafts tied under them ! nobility is a thing so you can play around with that idea )

We can do early acceptance but I'll probably ask mxlly mxlly and diwa diwa their thoughts on the matter, but character acceptance are definitely happening august 19th! we will probably need at least a day or two to look through them and discuss. if we need people to add or edit some adjustments to their character sheet, we will be asking that of them. once done, the roleplay should begin after that!

the approx. date of starting would maybe be august 22nd - 24th! we will definitely continue updating along the way!

also, other characters such as elves, giants, and dwarves can be made! second characters such as them won't be due on august 19th but after since we want priority over everyone's first characters which are mostly demigods.

the exception to the rules are Chimney Swift Chimney Swift and Lekiel Lekiel since their first characters are Elves and their acceptance will also be august 19th. ( for you two, elven lore will be posted soon, but it is okay if your memoir is a bit shorter than others or even not as specific as others. however, alfheim inspiration is going to be taken from LOTR and the Hobbits! Freyr is the ruling god over the Light Elves so I do imagine they pay respect towards him. There's going to be [ 3 ] "faction" / "house" of light elves and those three factions will have specific crafts tied under them ! nobility is a thing so you can play around with that idea )

Oooh! Nice-soo! ANy idea when that will be up, I have just finished formulating what I want my character to be, but I haven't written it yet! Probably going to have to revise it with the stuff you guys dish out (which is a good thing ^3^)

Does Andlang exist? The supposed heaven for elves after Ragnarok.

Yes!, Andlang would exist for the Elves. I noticed Chimney Swift Chimney Swift had wrote that in his character sheet area that the Elves have a place of resting and it would make sense for that nature.

And it's not a problem, we definitely understand that! It was a good question brought up since they were having trouble with their backstory, so I figured having a least some information on the culture/society in Alfheim will help. The dwarves, on the other hand, will only have "one" ruling kingdom, much like Thorin, but positions can be given to cousins and etc. But, yes! We definitely understand not to worry and thank you for understanding!

Tomorrow, August 15th it should be up! One of the GMs have gone to bed and we want to wait for her to approve of the idea first before anything!

B-But... it's August 15th for me already :<... <-impatient donkey

Users who are viewing this thread

Back