Camp Ember

wallpaperfusion-rise-of-the-runesmiths-chronomancer-400x400.jpg

Titulus glanced between the two and cracked a smile, " Please don't worry about it. " Titulus said to Eve as she embraced her brother. " Dewfort I understand you want to protect your sister, but I would exercise caution and I need you to understand that protecting your sister and Fighting in that war are two different things." Titulus cautioned his tone indicating that his chances weren't very good should he join the war in his current state.

@Sgt Gomez

Titulus got up with his tray and nodded to the both of them, " Take care of your sister Dewfort, just don't bite off more than you can chew, and Eve.... you're going to be a wonderful mother." Feeling like he had said his piece Titulus put his tray up and walked over to Illusa after some searching.

"Hey.... got a minute?" He asked gently putting his hand on her shoulder.

@Chrysalism

Xyllia purred throughout the cafeteria, "don't pay attention to her, she is," Xyllia gave Elf lady a glance and whispered in grey's ear. "in that time of month." She chuckled to herself and hugged him from the back again. "my my the little one has fire in him!" Xyllia smiled at the little centaur, ignoring the bigger one and turning her attention back to grey. "You're so cold! we need to warm you up!" She rubbed his cheek on his obviously ignoring him. She teleported the both of them into the kitchen preferably somewhere hot. (idk what should be there so @Smol Unicorn)

@Sgt Gomez @Chrysalism @The Broken Mind @SleepyBuddha @WolfOfProphecys (i didnt know what to write so)

Xyllia purred throughout the cafeteria, "don't pay attention to her, she is," Xyllia gave Elf lady a glance and whispered in grey's ear. "in that time of month." She chuckled to herself and hugged him from the back again. "my my the little one has fire in him!" Xyllia smiled at the little centaur, ignoring the bigger one and turning her attention back to grey. "You're so cold! we need to warm you up!" She rubbed his cheek on his obviously ignoring him. She teleported the both of them into the kitchen preferably somewhere hot. (idk what should be there so @Smol Unicorn)

@Sgt Gomez @Chrysalism @The Broken Mind @SleepyBuddha @WolfOfProphecys (i didnt know what to write so)

Grey pushed her away a bit. "I'm not letting my cold barrier down Xyllia. And i don't care if it's her TOM. Attempting to heat me will result in me making it colder for you." This demon girl was something else.

At this rate, Grey was about to try her demonic anger by baiting it out. 'But i rather do it away from others. Demons get pretty bad.' He thought. "Look Xyllia. If i've got to do something so you stop clinging to me like a baby sugar glider, tell me. What do you actually want? Money, my essence, My children, what?" Grey asked in his mellow dull voice. If he could do it, he probably would.

Blade Kicklighter

Blade gazed up, more than a bit surprised that the hooded figure identified himself as an undead. Then Blade realized that he shouldn't have been so surprised. The man, who looked human, didn't smell like a human--which, embarrassingly for Blade, smelled like food.

He was about to comment to the man that Blade too was an undead. Well, half of one at least. However, the man turned around, and for someone with the Sensing personality, it wasn't too hard to look up and see the understanding in the man's fiery magma eyes. The man knew that he was a zombie. 

When the man introduced himself as Soma, a fire mage, Blade nodded his head in recognition, "My name's Blade Kicklighter. Pleased to make you an acquaintance, dead guy comrade." He swept his hair to the side to avoid having the rain drip into his eyes and blind him, "You're probably the first undead that I met, other than me, myself, and the other zombies who try to eat my friends." Not that Blade didn't try to eat people. 

@shadowz1995

More Information

Blade Kicklighter

Objective: Talk to Soma

Mood: Happy and energetic

Interacting with: Soma

'm preparing for a flash back for Blade soon.

Ash silently watched Xyllia and Grey interact. Could the demon not see that the man didn't seem comfortable with any of the demons moves? Honestly. Ash fluttered her wings behind her, having finished eating and feeding the little dragon, and had watched as the demon teleported the newcomer away. It was strange, as she felt sorry for him, but she couldn't do anything about it. Instead she stayed with her friends, sticking near the elf. It was strange to think of these people as her friends, seeing as she'd never really had any, but she was glad she had found them. It would be terribly lonely otherwise, and she wouldn't be carrying the dragon she adored. Which she had to return to its owner soon.

@Sgt Gomez @Chrysalism @Petroshka @The Broken Mind @SleepyBuddha

The full undead chuckled, his english accent making it sound more refined than it was meant to sound. 

"Aye, it's rather difficult to find the sentient undead. That and the ways undead are created are incredibly diverse. I, myself, was resurrected by a necromancer but my soul was strong enough to stay to the body and I didn't become a mindless thrall. If I'm being perfectly honest, it was because of that necromancer that I am still walking about. I learned minor necromancy from him and that's how I keep my body together. Sunlight is still a problem for me though."

He explained with a light hearted smile. Soma was happy to know that another undead was around. Something was off about him, but an undead nonetheless. 

"So are you headed to cafeteria or just exploring?"

He continued to speak casually but silently raised the temprature around them to keep them warm despite the cold rain. Its not like either of them could feel cold but warmth so something Soma could feel. Perhaps it was due to his magic of choice.

@Storm Guardian

Blade Kicklighter

Blade listened to Soma's story with an interested expression, his usual cheerful expression on his face. It was obvious that Soma's path to get to his necromantic result was different from how Blade did it. Soma got his undead qualities from necromancy, from magic. Blade got his from science. For a moment, Blade wondered if there was any rift at all between magic and science. From what he could tell, there wasn't. Chemistry was basically alchemy, and alchemy was magic.  

"Huh," Blade said, "An act of magic brought you back to life? Interesting. I was living in a small town when I was changed into what I am.

"We had some sort of zombie virus outbreak. I think what it did was it changed the body so that the person's diet would focus more on meat, especially meat of his or her comrades. The virus would spread to the brain while that happened, kill the host, and then use the small bit of brain at the bottom," Blade pointed to the place where the neck met the back of the head, "To control the victim to make what people imagine a zombie is.

"Well, a group of people tried to make a cure to the virus, but I don't think it ever completely worked. And one day, I was an idiot, and while nobody was looking, I accidentally stabbed myself with a syringe full of zombie virus. To try to cure that, I shanked myself in the neck with an incomplete virus. 

"The next thing I knew, I was on the floor, stuck in a seizure. Then I passed out. I 

"I think the antidote didn't really save me. It saved my brain, but not my body. My heart doesn't beat," Blade sighed regretfully. It felt kinda good to be able to tell someone his story, "I don't think I can even bleed anymore." He reached into his pocket and took out a pocketknife, flipping it open and deftly slashing himself on the forearm to demonstrate. To his surprise, blood, black as midnight, spurted out of the self-inflicted wound. Blade cursed from surprise, "Shit! Whatever. I still bleed."

Blade let the rain soak the wound, and answering Soma's question, which he almost missed, he said, "Nah. I just fed this morning. I think I'll be okay." 

@shadowz1995

More Information

Blade Kicklighter

Objective: Talk about his history

Mood: Surprised, energetic, and happy

"If you make it any colder you'll ruin the food!"

Xyllia hugged him tighter, her eyes starting to glow red as the feeling of immense heat started to fill the air between the two. She teleported the two someone off in the wilderness however she made it so grey couldnt tell the difference. 

"This cold is just making me more perky" She coo'ed into his ears playfully.

She let go and walked a few steps away as she made the kitchen seemed like it was starting to freeze even though the heat was ever rising. 

"oh no! the kitchen!" 

Xyllia put her hands to her cheeks in a fake expression of shock.

@The Broken Mind

"If you make it any colder you'll ruin the food!"

Xyllia hugged him tighter, her eyes starting to glow red as the feeling of immense heat started to fill the air between the two. She teleported the two someone off in the wilderness however she made it so grey couldnt tell the difference. 

"This cold is just making me more perky" She coo'ed into his ears playfully.

She let go and walked a few steps away as she made the kitchen seemed like it was starting to freeze even though the heat was ever rising. 

"oh no! the kitchen!" 

Xyllia put her hands to her cheeks in a fake expression of shock.

@The Broken Mind

Grey snorted. "Honestly Xyllia. I know your doing something as i know my powers are not this severe." The teen cracked his knuckles. "I don't care if you strip right in front of me or you get perkier then implants. End whatever your doing right now."

The ice user gave a glare at the woman. He knew better than to check her size so he stared directly at her face. "If you don't end it, i'll have to harm you. Don't think i won't do it." Clear Ice formed on his elbows and arms like armor as he readied himself. Grey wasn't kidding at this point and he would show it if he had too.

"Oh, so the viral kind. From what I've picked up in modern tellings and research. Not undead but 'zombies' a modern slang for our kind. Doth thou not find th-"

The undead cleared his throat, as he corrected his speech pattern. Every once in a while, he would slip back into his medieval form of speech. It had been rather hard to adjust to the new language, after all

"Ahem. Sorry about that. I find the term rather distasteful. Its like comparing two different ethnicities or cultures."

Soma brought his hand to his face and stroked the permanent shadow of a beard he had. Something he always did while he was in thought. The fellow undead slicing his flesh and having the black blood leave his skin started turning the wheels in the pyromancer's head. He was always the intellectual type and always found pleasure in learning theories and research. 

"I've pondered it a few times during my research. This may not be correct but I theorize the reason is because the viral undead are not truly DEAD. Merely infected with something that mimics death. Shuts down most neurological pathways and leaves only the cortex fully operational. Allowing full motor function but not any level of thought. Necromancy does something similar." 

"The virus focuses on the beings basic instincts. One of the most prominent being the need to feed. Hunger. In doing so, the virus lives on by spreading through saliva in the mouth or other fluids. This is just my theory, of course."

"As for the blood, I would assume that just because the heart has ceased functioning, doesn't mean blood haz ceased movement. After all, muscles need it to move." The medieval male began pacing back and forth. He had completely forgotten why he was even talking about this and was instead letting his mind wander on the subject.

"The only explanation I can think of is that the blood travels through the skeletal system instead. Where blood originates. It moves much slower and that's why it's so dark and oozes rather than flows. The blood coagulates because of the slow movement but it's still present and in motion. Just very slow."

Soma then blinks a few times before laughing in a bashful way. He just realized he had gone off track with that one.

"My apologies blade. I got ahead of myself."

@Storm Guardian

Blade Kicklighter

Blade gazed up as Soma slipped into medieval dialect, then he nodded towards his apology. Someone in the 21st century speaking medieval dialect... could Soma be so old that he was alive when King George the Fourth was alive? It wasn't too much of a leap of logic. Blade himself had only been a zombie for a little more than two years. In that time, Blade realized that he hadn't grown a day. His height hadn't changed. He did get heavier, but Blade suspected that it was because of his change in diet. But other than the weight, nothing had changed since three years ago. So Soma was probably 160 years old.

Done with his steps of logic, Blade listened intently on Soma's hypothesis. He wished that he had paper. Waterproof paper. Soma's ideas were worth writing down. They seemed logical.

When Soma stopped his stream of ideas and apologized for the second time in the past two minutes, Blade replied, "It's okay. I'm interested in theories. They all seem logical. I agree that the undead are not completely dead--if so, we'd be unable to do anything, because the virus would die out with nothing to keep it alive. However, I don't agree with the blood part. I don't think the blood thickens. If so, then we'd be moving very slowly. Yet, you and I, it is obvious, moving isn't an issue. I think it's because it lacks oxygen to give a rich color." He bit his lip as he realized the part that wouldn't make any sense, "But then again, if our blood lacks oxygen, then our muscles couldn't move. No, it probably is because our blood somehow changed its metal basement or that it is made of different pigments to keep us moving."

Shamelessly changing the subject, Blade asked, "So... what's up with you currently? Also exploring? In the rain?" Blade looked down at himself to realize all his clothes were completely waterlogged. His shirt and jeans stuck to him uncomfortably (for movement), but Blade couldn't think of anything to do about it.

@shadowz1995

More Information

Blade Kicklighter

Objective: Theorize with Soma

Mood: Thoughtful

Gosh dang it, I thought that because it is the weekend, I wouldn't have to worry about science. Seems not.

"My undead status is different from the viral one. My body is truly dead. Magic and my soul is what keeps me active. Curious how science and magic achieve similar effects but the means to get them along with how they are sustained are rather different."

The pyromancer motioned for the fellow undead to join him while he went under one of the nearby cabin roofs. Once there, Soma increased the heat at a staggering pace. Essentially, creating a flash fire without the fire, causing the retained water to evaporate in mere seconds for Soma but taking slightly longer for the hybrid, as he was completely soaked.

"I got into a rather bad arguement with one of my friends. She is a elf with powerful water magic. She's the cause of this sudden downpour but since it is ceasing I'm going to assume she is calming down. She is also immortal....sort of." 

@Storm Guardian

Blade Kicklighter

"It is interesting," Blade said, curious on what Soma was motioning him to do. Nevertheless, Blade foilowed Soma to the cabin roof, and flinched when his clothes all of a sudden dried. But fortunately, movement was easier. "Gracias," Blade thanked Soma, relieved.

Blade listened to Soma's explanation and gave a nod. He then remembered seeing Soma before (See more information, while all the people were attempting to squeeze their way out of a crowded cabin. Soma was part of that cabin. And so was an elf looking figure. Blade wondered if there was any correlation from that and what Soma just said. 

"What do you mean by sorta immortal?" Blade questioned.

@shadowz1995

More Information

Blade Kicklighter

Objective: Talk to Soma

Mood: Thoughtful

Sorry, rushed.

/monthly_2017_02/imageedit_2_5896508075.gif.f241fd81abf3b9f44745af3cb906a1fc.gif[SIZE=10pt]Aria had expected the hug, though not for it to come so suddenly, which nearly made her stumble for a moment, though she steadied herself with a short chuckle. She gently pet the girl’s head, glancing to Apollo who peeked out from the bag out of curiosity. Aria gave a small smile, before she pat the girl’s back soothingly when she heard her thanking her. She rose an eyebrow, before chuckling again and pulling away for a moment to look directly at the girl. Aria gave a warm smile, before shaking her head. [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]“You don’t have to thank me, really.” [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]The orange-haired girl shrugged, giving her a lopsided smile, [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]“I didn’t help ya’ because I [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]had [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]to, I did it ‘cause I [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]wanted [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]to.” [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]With that, Aria patted the girl’s back as her free hand picked up her suitcase, [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]“I can walk you to your cabin if you want… Oh! And will I be seeing you at the bonfire later tonight? It’s always [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]so [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]fun!” [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]She exclaimed cheerfully.[/SIZE]

[ @Rock And Roll Boy ]

tumblr_m5tyoeIHmN1qjjyjoo4_250.gif

/monthly_2017_02/imageedit_5_6878424968.gif.251757fffe24be494c682c51e23c571b.gif[SIZE=10pt]He had noted the sudden change in color on the girl’s face, and resisted the urge to chuckle. Somehow the way Alistair acted had always made ladies his age blush, especially considering his usually cold demeanor. At least he’d made a decent first impression, and that was a [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]huge [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]thing for Alistair. He noticed how much smaller she was compared to him, then remembered that he had inherited his father’s unusually tall height. It was easy for him to forget, much to his own dismay.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]The girl who had introduced herself as Ishliannor had also noticed that she was in the Aura cabin, and Alistair gave a small, charming smile, [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]“Well, it’s nice to know I’ll be sharing a cabin with a polite young lady.” [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]He bowed his head slightly in acknowledgment, before he backed up and seated himself on the porch swing behind him, leaving room in case she wanted to sit. [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]“So, Ishli,” [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]He started, suddenly more talkative than his usual self—He was more overjoyed to be around someone [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]new[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] “I’m presuming this is your first year going to Camp Ember? I don’t recall seeing you last year, which was my first year.” [/SIZE]

[ @Nyctophiliac ]

Attachments

• imageedit_2_5896508075.gif
    imageedit_2_5896508075.gif
    119.9 KB · Views: 0
  • imageedit_5_6878424968.gif
    imageedit_5_6878424968.gif
    59.1 KB · Views: 0
"Sort of because she isn't exactly immortal. She just lives for millenias but she will eventually die. It just takes an extremely long time to do so. Her people are like that and she is barely three centuries old. She still has much more time to live than others." 

"So, she is immortal but not really. Hopefully that makes some kind sense." He said neutrally as he let the thought sink in. Soma's ashen skin dried quickly and then he deactivated the heating zone before something combusted into flames.

The undead promptly explained after, "I'm just venturing around. You could join me or simply go where the cafetria and practice playseully

@Storm Guardian

(SSorry Sorrynk and half asleep too)

Last edited by a moderator:
Illusa 's attention wandered from the odd boy who had made the room temperature drop a little. Illusa stared at him until the demon lady teleported him away, just like that. The demon was extremely annoying, especially since she did things without asking. It was pretty childish, to be honest. Soon the cafeteria cleared out, and she was left with Ash and Titulus, who was now giving her a look which could only mean one thing. She wanted to dive behind Ash or something, but reluctantly, she got up and followed him a little ways from the others. 

The rain was a light drizzle now, Illusa's anger waning. She hated storms actually. They were always a sign that she had let her emotions get the best of her. She let the skies part, the sun freeing itself from the gray mass of clouds. Illusa let some water droplets remain in the sky, and a rainbow soon formed. She admired it before turning to Titulus.

"I'm not sure what's there to talk about. I'm not apologizing yet because Soma is probably off reading angrily. I was just trying to point out some details, though. He's a lovely person and all, but he's also a greedy human who puts power over friendship. He'll probably kill both of you the next time you duel." Illusa's eyebrows furrowed as she spoke, and she was trying to keep her feelings about the subject down.

@SleepyBuddha 

"Yes, it is my first. Not only that but my first time venturing so far from water as well." She shrugged. "It's a bit difficult getting used to using human legs to get around everywhere, and I am exhausted. Do you mind if I...?" She gestured to the porch swing, really wanting to rest her legs. She hoped he wouldn't mind. Considering that he had been polite, she didn't think that he would refuse, but merely wanted to reciprocate his politeness. It had been a long day for her, filled with fun adventures and interesting people. Despite feeling drowsy, she didn't want to go to bed quite yet as she had heard some talk about a campfire earlier on. Deep in her heart she didn't ever want to end her first day on land just yet. Being on land by oneself was practically a rite of passage for a selkie. With all the excitement in her thoughts, she didn't know how quickly sleep would come for her either...

@Smol Unicorn

wallpaperfusion-rise-of-the-runesmiths-chronomancer-400x400.jpg

Titulus looked up at the rainbow for a moment as well before focusing on the task at hand. It was always best to stop and enjoy the good moments while they lasted. When Illusa looked at him and began saying she wasn't about to apologize Titulus focused back in on her.  Titulus gave her a somber smile and put his hands behind his back almost taking a parade rest position, " Even in death mortals are unable to let go of their obsessions and lusts. All mortal races act like humans in their own way. We cannot blame them for acting in their nature." Titulus began as he gestured over towards the hiking trails. 

" What I mean to say is that you have no need to apologize. Soma's obsession with flame will one day consume him. It's just a matter of when. In a sense that will be his last death. I'd just like to ask you to not allow what happened today to cause a rift between the two of you. If I lost my only friends in the world... I don't know what I would do." Titulus said quickly becoming somber as visions of possible futures flickered in front of his eyes. Visions of his own death by the hand of Soma, or the death of Illusa trying to save Titulus from Soma. There were so many things that could go wrong and Titulus knew all of them. Now he just needed to make sure he could set everything down the desired path.

@Chrysalism

((Imma redo my intro since @TheCandyEmo dropped out its gonna be short, so sorry guys xD))

Alex arrived a little later than expected. He  was rather low on 'fuel' meaning blood. It had been a while since his last feeding and he was a little slower than usual. He smiled as he walked into the camp. He looked around as he headed to his designated bunk. He set his things down at the foot of the bed. His guitar resting on the side of the bed as he unpacked his personal belongings. After he finished unpacking his belongings he sat down for a moment. He had traveled far and hadn't fed in over a month. He groaned as he forced himself back to his feet. Walking slowly down the steps to the outside of the bunkhouse and he looked around. He was looking pale, which was unusual because he normally had more of a natural tan skin tone. He roamed around the camp looking for someone.

((Open for interaction))

Harvey

After waving goodbye to Ishliannor Frinn Valtore, Harvey made his way back to his cabin. As a phooka, he always had a feeling of direction, an innate sense of where he was although his senses alone never led him to his exact destination. As a human with impeccable memory? He never really got lost. But as a person with an attention span of a goldfish (he wondered briefly if he could shift into a goldfish..) he got distracted often.

And he was distracted by the figure of another camper, hovering by the cabins. There was an air about him he recognized to be that of a vampire, a smell and feeling that hung by the streets at night. And by blood banks. And by his first boyfriend, ensuring that it was a short relationship. He never really entirely trusted vampires, and he was assured in this belief when his boyfriend had someone else's blood in his teeth. Cautious and as silent as possible, Harvey approached the man.

"Excuse me, vampire, but where are you heading? Have you you gone to the cafeteria or are you going to prey upon these poor campers? Do you only see this place as a personal hunting ground for your blood-sucking tendencies?" Bitterness singed his tone and he creased his brow accusingly. It was this unconscious movement that made him consider his words and he bowed his head apologetically.

"Apologies. My tone was soured due to personal prejudices and I have yet to meet or come to a proper conclusion of your character yet. My name is Harvey. What is your name? If you don't mind my questioning, of course."

Blade Kicklighter

Blade nodded to Soma's explanation. As far as Blade knew, this meant the elf was actually not immortal--they were like the dwarves from dungeons and dragons. Long lives, but they will still die. This thought led Blade to question his own mortality. Was he a mortal or an immortal? Only time will tell.

Blade noticed how completely dry his clothings were, and decided he needed to ask Soma at some point on how to use fire magic. He hoped that the pyromancer would be willing to teach his art, and that he wasn't like any ordinary magician: Impressive, but unwilling to show their tricks.

"I have nothing to do at the moment," Blade replied to Soma's offer, "I'd be pleased to join you."

@shadowz1995

More Information

Blade Kicklighter

Objective: Interact with Soma

Mood: Happy

Illusa sighed heavily as Titulus spoke. He aggravated her when he became the peacemaker because he made her feel bad as well as actually having smart things to say. She hated it when she saw the far away look in his eyes because it usually meant he was seeing their futures. Seeing how Soma had his varied flames and Illusa had powers that increased with anger, she doubted the visions were that great. She patted the time traveler lightly on the shoulder.

"I-I suppose I can say a few words to him. Don't worry, you can't lose us this soon. We're the Three Musketeers. I'll go try to find him. Thanks for the talk."

Illusa headed towards Soma's cabin, but before she got there, she took some water from a nearby puddle and lt it come to her and float above her hands. Slowly it formed an object, and Illusa then turned it into True Ice so it wouldn't melt. She liked making delicate and beautiful objects simply to show there was beauty in wildness and control could be established over something so easily corrupted with her moods. The object was a delicate flower, the veins in the petals and leaves made with such delicacy it looked real.

She smiled before heading towards the cabin, knocking before entering. She was never really one for privacy, and she had seen..some things in the past. Mhm.

Illusa found two men, and both decent. What a shame. She let out a breath she didn't know she was holding before looking at her old friend. Hopefully still a friend.

She let the flower float over to the fire mage and land on his lap.

"I apologize for my behavior earlier. I have no right to reprimand you about your magic, especially when I have less control over my element than you. I just don't want to see anyone get hurt I suppose."

The elf looked rather embarrassed, and her silver cheeks were rather pink. She rather hated apologizing, but it was needed. She noticed the other man in the room and realized it was the one from earlier. She didn't really like the look in his eyes actually, and she gave him a steely glare before turning back to the fire mage, waiting for a hint of emotion.

@shadowz1995 

@Storm Guardian (wont let me tag)

The pyromancer nodded to the hybrid undead and opened his mouth to say something but only a sigh came out, as if the words were robbed right out of his mouth. The approaching presence spelled all manner of trouble for the undead mage. 

Slowly and reluctantly, the fire user turned around and locked eyes with a certain attractive, silvery elf. The fury within his breast during the arguement was completely gone and the only thing that replaced it now was hurt and sadness. Something he could not hide as much as he wanted to. As Illusa was ice/water, Soma was flame and that meant he had difficulty hiding his true thoughts and emotions. 

He regarded the elf somberly as she spoke her apology and lightly explained why she had reacted the way she did and while the apology was appreciated, somewhere Soma knew she did not make this decision on her own. Titulus had a hand, surely. 

As the intricate ice flower came to him, Soma caught it gingerly and a half a smile made its way onto his face. Soma truly did have a weakness for beautiful things. Flowers being one of them. As strange as that sounds coming from a fire mage. An undead one at that. Yet, Soma's mood did not change.

The reason for that was what wasn't spoken between the three. No matter how much he proved mastery and expertise over the flaming element, Illusa and Titulus did not trust him completely. As Illusa had said earlier, they both believed he would one day lose control and be consumed by his fire, killing them all in the process. 

It wasn't that they were wrong about the possibility of being consumed by the flame. No.....

That wasn't it. 

It was that despite how many years they knew each other, it seemed as though they still didn't truly understand him. Soma understood more than either them could imagine how EASY it would be to succumb to the ardent passion of fire. Exactly how dangerous and volatile flame is. No one in the world knew that better than Soma himself. No one. It's why his emotions were always kept in check. It's why he didn't snap back at Illusa in cafeteria or reprimand Titulus for his comment. 

The constant control he needed to keep over himself, the never ending discipline and focus. It rivaled Titulus's own control on his powers. 

Whether they understood or not.....Whether they knew or not.....The undeniable doubt they both held against him was more hurtful than any words they could say to him. Considering how deeply he cared about both of them. 

"Thank you, Illusa." Was all the undead mage said in response to the elf's apology and explanation. With a long sigh, gave a few words of his own, "You are both still my precious friends. So precious...." he said softly. 

Soma decided this was probably the best moment to reveal the newest ability he learned. A flame he learned, coincidentally, for Illusa. He had just wished he could show it to her under different circumstances. 

The pyromancer extended his hand to Blade's wounded arm and slowly, a warm flame materialized into existence. The small flame swayed lightly, as if being blown by an unseen breeze. It was almost fleeting the way it burned. The glow emitted by was bright but not blinding, like the light from a chimney fire, giving a sense of security and comfort. 

The spell was called Warmth. It wrapped every living being within its radius within warm glow and as long as it contained a soul, it could be felt. Even undead like Blade and Soma. But more surprising than the ability to make the dead feel warmth was what it really did. The soft glow from the flame would begin to close the wound that Blade had inflicted upon himself. It was slow, gradual but it was as if the fire stroked the very essence of life and coaxed it to give just a bit more to its vessel. Regardless of whether it was friend or foe. 

"Flame can illuminate. Flame can blind. Flame can destroy and flame can heal.

Flame...is what the caster wishes it to be." He whispered. That was the basis on what he created this healing ember upon. To prove to his friends that he was not some...hopeless cause that would inevitably be swallowed up in his ambitions. After all, it was his ambition and drive that led him to discover THIS flame. This gentle fire of healing. 

At first, Soma figured it was impossible but he refused to surrender. He refused to give it up. He WOULD prove it to them. 

Now he did. After they seemed convinced otherwise. 

"I created this fire thinking about you, Illusa." He explained before closing his open palm and as his fingers clenched, the fire extinguished. Soma gave one last sigh before turning to look at the elf once more, "Think about that next time you feel that I would harm you and Titulus." It was said with some measure of pain but mostly scorn. He could feel his anger beginning to rise without his permission and he had to steady his breath before continuing. 

Soma looked at the ice flower that was presented to him and a tired, but genuine smile made its way to his face this time, "Maybe one day..." he said, more to himself than anything. It was obvious what he was trying to say, even without words.

Maybe one day, you will truly believe in me.

Soma then turned to Blade after placing the beautiful ice flower within his cloak pocket. "I do have a dragon hybrid that I promised to teach how to use her natural dragon fire. Would you like to join? Perhaps you could even learn some spells yourself? Well, after Illusa finishes her little sparring match with her."

@Chrysalism

@Storm Guardian

Grey snorted. "Honestly Xyllia. I know your doing something as i know my powers are not this severe." The teen cracked his knuckles. "I don't care if you strip right in front of me or you get perkier then implants. End whatever your doing right now."

The ice user gave a glare at the woman. He knew better than to check her size so he stared directly at her face. "If you don't end it, i'll have to harm you. Don't think i won't do it." Clear Ice formed on his elbows and arms like armor as he readied himself. Grey wasn't kidding at this point and he would show it if he had too.

"Ooooh playing rough and dirty are we?"

Xyllia shifted her mood to slightly more serious and her overall posture and tone changed to fit the setting.

"if you wanna play dirty, i'll match you!"

Xyllia lifted her hand palm outstretched toward Grey, leaves flickered into the air almost blinding and grey's vision suddenly conformed to their real location. But overall nothing really happened aside from Xyllia who is seemingly gone. 

In reality she was standing right infront of the overly mad man who manipulated ice and electricity. 

@The Broken Mind

"Ooooh playing rough and dirty are we?"

Xyllia shifted her mood to slightly more serious and her overall posture and tone changed to fit the setting.

"if you wanna play dirty, i'll match you!"

Xyllia lifted her hand palm outstretched toward Grey, leaves flickered into the air almost blinding and grey's vision suddenly conformed to their real location. But overall nothing really happened aside from Xyllia who is seemingly gone. 

In reality she was standing right infront of the overly mad man who manipulated ice and electricity. 

@The Broken Mind

It was still raining outside. 'I doubt she's gone so suddenly if i'm her new victim...' Grey gave a smirk. "I think you forgot it's raining. H20 conducts electricity!" He stated, sending electricity out from himself in replace of his cold sphere, enhancing it's lethality. It was indeed a bit risky, playing with electricity in a storm but it would be fine if played correctly.

Once that was done he allowed his normal cold sphere back and cooled down the rain, turning it into freezing rain for around fifty feet. She had to be somewhere nearby for her power to work. It only made sense to the electrical ice teen. "If you fight hand to hand you'll lose. Illusions won't trick me forever either if you keep switching them Xyllia." Grey stated as wind ruffled his coat, freezing rain striking his pants and shirt mercilessly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back