Camp Ember

wallpaperfusion-rise-of-the-runesmiths-chronomancer-400x400.jpg

Titulus gave a soft smile as Illusa disappeared from view and headed towards Soma's cabin. It truly pained the time traveller to watch his friends or even to have any sort of connection to this world. That was because he of all people knew that time erases all and leaves only ruin and misery in its wake. Titulus had a sense of Soma's struggle to prove that his power could be more than just a tool of destruction. He could feel every second of eternity and how each second lead to a specific outcome. He knew of Illusa's.... attraction towards him, and of Soma's noble pursuit, but when he looked at their faces he couldn't enjoy the present with them. He was too worried about the futures that have yet to come. Every minute Titulus is tortured with scenes of Illusa's death, and Soma's eventual loss of control. He's done all he could to lengthen his time with them by picking the Best choices, but... He can't forget the ending that every has in the end. He could even see his own end. His body breaking apart and scattering through the valley of time.

Titulus had been trying to focus on the happy times, but how could he when he knew it was all going to fall apart in a few centuries? That's part of the reason Titulus still attended this camp. He was sure that eventually with the help of  Mr. G and his friends he would be able to overcome this hurdle.

Shaking off that depressed feeling Titulus followed Illusa into Soma's Cabin and leaned against the door frame listened to them. " I'm sorry about all this Soma. It's the way it's gotta be for now. When we can I'd like to speak with the both of you..."

@Chrysalism

@shadowz1995

@Storm Guardian

Blade Kicklighter

Blade raised his head as the door opened and the graceful elf figure that he was just talking about strode into the room, a crystalline, blue ice flower in her hand. He watched the elf figure's interaction with Soma. At one point, the elf figure glared directly at Blade, and Blade realized there must have been some suspicious look on his face, and he rushed to conceal it. 

As he watched their interacting, Blade's face scrunched up in confusion, but it quickly smoothed when he realized that they were talking about past events. Long lives, long memories.

He was just as confused when Soma reached out and started a small flame. Was it seriously safe to start a fire in a wood cabin? The cabin would catch on fire! Blade could almost start feeling the flames of fire lick the wood and start the warm blaze.  And it was then, Blade realized he could feel the warmth of the fire.

Blade had never felt anything since his reincarnation, other than emotions and the sense of touch. He had never felt pain, never felt warmth or cold, never felt tickled. Blade had missed such feelings. Especially the warmth--a sign of safety, something that told him predators were not going to come after him that day.

But now, he felt it. He felt the warmth. He also felt his self-inflicted wound on his forearm close, like the healing process speeding up to only a minute, and without scabs. 

He listened to Soma's explanation, and once he was done, he said, "Thank you." then he added on when Soma offered him to spectate a magic lesson, "Sure. I'd be eager to." It was the truth. If he could learn even a bit of fire magic, then he would be able to improve it, and that would mean that at some point, he would be able to feel pain and warmth and cold again, things that he never thought he would miss.

Blade looked up again for the second time of that day as the door creaked open once more, and a white-haired figure stepped into the room and apologized after the elf's apology to Soma. A feeling of not fitting in hit Blade, and he realized that there was a lot of things that were happening that Blade was unaware of. He recognized all three of the people in the cabin. The elf figure was one of the people in the overcrowded cabin. The white-haired figure was the person Blade had thought had teleported out of the cabin (Blade still didn't know if it was an illusion, a real thing, or if Blade just wasn't observant enough). And Soma was one of the humanoid figures that followed them. It was apparent that they were all friends. But why all the apologizing? It could only mean that there was a conflict between those three. And Blade knew the best course of action was to allow them to talk it out.

"Seeing as you guys need to talk a few things out," Blade said, "I kinda need to go pee." It was a lie of course. Blade never had to empty his bladder. Most of the food he ate was substance based, and he rarely ate fluid based food, other than blood, which he completely absorbed. Nevertheless, Blade backed into the cabin bathroom, saying before he shut the door, "I'll let you guys talk things out while I'm busy." 

As soon as the door was closed, Blade flipped on the lights, the air circulator, and the heater, which were all completely unnecessary. Blade wasn't going to do anything that required eyesight, there was no need for the air to be circulated, and of course, he couldn't feel the warmth. But it was all symbolic. He wanted things to be as loud as possible in the bathroom, giving the three of the people outside privacy to talk things out.

While waiting for the three to do their talk, Blade fliped down the lid of the toliet, sitting on top of the lid. There wasn't any other seating surface to sit on.

@shadowz1995 @Chrysalism @SleepyBuddha

More Information

Blade Kicklighter

Location: Apparently we're inside a cabin now. I still don't know what cabin we are in

Objective: Give Titulus, Illusa, and Soma space to talk

Mood: There are several mood changes throughout my reply

Interacting with: Soma, Titulus, Illusa

Considered making a SparkNotes summary for this monster of a reply

Fuck it all. I'm making a summary

gifsme.php

Spongebob=Blade

Door=Bathroom

There we go

Last edited by a moderator:
It was still raining outside. 'I doubt she's gone so suddenly if i'm her new victim...' Grey gave a smirk. "I think you forgot it's raining. H20 conducts electricity!" He stated, sending electricity out from himself in replace of his cold sphere, enhancing it's lethality. It was indeed a bit risky, playing with electricity in a storm but it would be fine if played correctly.

Once that was done he allowed his normal cold sphere back and cooled down the rain, turning it into freezing rain for around fifty feet. She had to be somewhere nearby for her power to work. It only made sense to the electrical ice teen. "If you fight hand to hand you'll lose. Illusions won't trick me forever either if you keep switching them Xyllia." Grey stated as wind ruffled his coat, freezing rain striking his pants and shirt mercilessly.

"hmmm how should i play with him?"

In grey's vision dozens of zombies sprouted from the ground and everything seemed to have slowly turned corrupted with a worryingly darkish-pink flesh-like tendrils making their way up trees and consuming some parts of dirt. the zombies looked like your usual rotten corpses running at Grey airs out to grab him.

Xyllia walked around grey then teleporting up on a tree to gaze down at him enjoying it all. 

@The Broken Mind

"hmmm how should i play with him?"

In grey's vision dozens of zombies sprouted from the ground and everything seemed to have slowly turned corrupted with a worryingly darkish-pink flesh-like tendrils making their way up trees and consuming some parts of dirt. the zombies looked like your usual rotten corpses running at Grey airs out to grab him.

Xyllia walked around grey then teleporting up on a tree to gaze down at him enjoying it all. 

@The Broken Mind

Grey growled. The rain ended and he had another hallucination. Perfect. As the zombies ran at him he jumped over them, grabbing a tree branch above, hanging. "Just doesn't make sense. XYLLIA YOU DAMNED DEMON!" Grey called out as he swung up onto the branch. 

"Why don't you stop being sly and actually fight me? Or must you hide for fear of death the second you try? Or because you hide behind a mask to avoid being alone?" He tutted. "You sadden me Xyllia the demon. Truly you do." He sighed, sitting on the branch, looking at the falsity ground of zombies below.

Xyllia laid down on on a branch belly first looking down at Grey's body who was standing still in reality while in her illusion he was yelling obscene statements. For a while in Grey's mind the zombies seemed to be doing their usual stuff, attempting to grab grey. It stayed like this for a few seconds until the tree was fully corrupted in the creeping flesh did the tree come alive and started to attack grey with its tendrils of flesh. All trees that were corrupted acted in simular fashion some trees in the far off distance seemed to grow into imense height faces forming on all of them looking like screaming faces of the suffered damn from down bellow. The floor itself was forming into humaniod faces all exhibiting the same expression. 

"Be a dear and entertain me!" She said into his ears with a mocking tone.

suddenly it seemed to rain red liquids and the sky turning a omnius purple. She knew she couldnt scare him this way, he was a unique person.

Back in reality Xyllia made sure nothing came in their direction to disturb their mind melding activity.

@The Broken Mind

Xyllia laid down on on a branch belly first looking down at Grey's body who was standing still in reality while in her illusion he was yelling obscene statements. For a while in Grey's mind the zombies seemed to be doing their usual stuff, attempting to grab grey. It stayed like this for a few seconds until the tree was fully corrupted in the creeping flesh did the tree come alive and started to attack grey with its tendrils of flesh. All trees that were corrupted acted in simular fashion some trees in the far off distance seemed to grow into imense height faces forming on all of them looking like screaming faces of the suffered damn from down bellow. The floor itself was forming into humaniod faces all exhibiting the same expression. 

"Be a dear and entertain me!" She said into his ears with a mocking tone.

suddenly it seemed to rain red liquids and the sky turning a omnius purple. She knew she couldnt scare him this way, he was a unique person.

Back in reality Xyllia made sure nothing came in their direction to disturb their mind melding activity.

@The Broken Mind

When the tree came to life, Grey launched himself to the next one before ricocheting off of it, ice encasing the spot he was on before sliding under the undead. "Lightning, upheaval!" He called out, short-circuiting their basically dead nerves, making them drop around him.

"I wouldn't want to give you a show so i'll end it by doing simple tricks. Trees now have moving flesh?" The air temperature dropped off quickly causing a snapfreeze along with the flesh to slow down. "Cool it like dead meat and it slows. Not too hard." Scanning nearby trees he found a normal one so he scaled it and sat at the end of the brach, back against the trunk. 'Easily done, he told himself, stretching his legs out lazily as blood ran down his cheek, freezing up in the cold as did his other wounds from the last tree he was on.

In reality Xyllia frowned as grey oped the easy and most boring way out. Groaning and laying on her back staring down at grey upsidedown she decided it was time to end it soon. 

"why must you be so boring?" 

Back in the illusion everything stared to turn a mirror-like obsidian, hardening into a black void from the distance as it encroached on Grey's position. dark obsidian fingures started to emerge from the black tide and started to jump out and run toward Grey, every food step spreading the obsidian corruption. the air around grey started to heat up as temperature seemed to increase as the obsidian sea grew. 

@The Broken Mind

Eve finished her meal and stretched. Dewey was right next to her and even though he talked tough, he was smart and didn't have to capability to be able to fight. Eve patted his head and smiles. "How has your experience at the camp been so far, youngling?" She asks. Dewey frowns, "boring! Everyone here is weird and I talked to a bird!" Everything shakes her head and laughs. "I'm sure in time it will get better. You just have to give it the chance. I'm going to see if any of my cabin mates want to hang out so you should go back to your cabin and get ready to meet your cabin mates." He frowns and slowly nods because he knew he would never win. Eve sighs and trots off towards her cabin, gently knocking on the door and stepping in. "I hope I'm not interrupting anything...."

@SleepyBuddha @shadowz1995 @Chrysalism

In reality Xyllia frowned as grey oped the easy and most boring way out. Groaning and laying on her back staring down at grey upsidedown she decided it was time to end it soon. 

"why must you be so boring?" 

Back in the illusion everything stared to turn a mirror-like obsidian, hardening into a black void from the distance as it encroached on Grey's position. dark obsidian fingures started to emerge from the black tide and started to jump out and run toward Grey, every food step spreading the obsidian corruption. the air around grey started to heat up as temperature seemed to increase as the obsidian sea grew. 

@The Broken Mind

Grey tested the heat by dropping a ball of ice. It was already melting and that worried him. 'I'll just have to do this the hard way huh?' He thought, spinning in a circle rapidly. When he stopped a tornado rushed at the obsidian beasts with frigid air taking many for a ride while Grey stumbled a bit.

"Okay... Easygoing enough." He stated. 'Seems she actually is trying now.' He smiled in his head, outside his eyes sparked. Running at one of the beasts he kicked their leg, crumbling it as the obsidian chunks hit it's comrades while the teen jumped on another's fist, allowing it to try and swat him, effectively shattering it's own arm while he busted a hole through another's chest. Sure, his shin was bruising up but it'd be alright. 

That's when Grey started going from tree to tree. By now the guy understood it was a false reality but he enjoyed it a bit. "Direct, lightning!" He called out as he jumped away from the trees, encasinng the beasts in a wide circle. 'They've been hearded pretty well...' He thought before suddenly crashing into another tree, falling down with a grunt. 

"Glad their stupid." He stated, wiping his mouth, spitting blood. "I'll have to work on impact sometime soon..." he told himself as he awaited the next onslaught eagerly. His two weakness' were against him so it was up to his wit and physical strength to win this and he intended too.

Illusa saw the mage's mixture of emotions that crossed his face before settling on a weary smile. The elf had secretly always wondered what is was like being undead. He obviously knew his relationships (romantic wise) were going to be a little off. He seemed to be the "old man" of the group, and she wondered went through his mind. Was he lonely, even with his old friends? Were Titulus and herself just temporary things?

Or maybe she was the only thing that's future wavered as the years passed.

She saw Titulus's expression when he looked at her sometimes, or mostly through. They'd glaze over, and she knew he was seeing her future. It happened with Soma too, but she couldn't imagine why. Maybe she really was a weak link. Illusa pondered this for a few moments, almost missing Soma's words. A bright light jolted her to the present, ad she tensed as Soma held out if arm and the familiar glow came forth. However, this time it seemed almost...inviting. 

She had never felt like this towards fire and it interested her. She regarded the flame with an upturned eyebrow. She almost wanted to touch it, to be quite frank.

Illusa sometimes thought she wasn't even afraid of fire, just the branding irons that used to come out of them. The burns plagued her shoulders, back, and even a few on her stomach. They were crude things, and a few were visible in the outfit she had worn, but even she sometimes forgot to hide them. However, remembering the giant flames stoked for the branding sessions that were always in front of her, raging and burning her face as she was held down, the glowing hot brands approaching her was something she never forgot. It gave her a sense of foreboding, she realized. When she saw fire she immediately felt like pain was coming.

This flame was different. It reminded her of a firefly. She had a small smile on her face when it vanished, causing the room to go to the normal temperature again. 

She heard Soma discussing training the dragon...but Illusa wanted something else.

"Soma....I think I want to duel with you." She cocked her head as the words flew out, her mind not even processing what she said yet, but even after she did realize what had escaped her lips, she didn't try to take them back. Illusa decided it was going to help her, especially since she had learned some things of her own.

"If I think I can't handle anything during the battle I'll quit. I just don't want you holding back, or it wouldn't help me." The elf beamed at the undead man as she spoke. She truly hoped he'd do it, and she'd win him over eventually if he refused now.

@shadowz1995 @SleepyBuddha @Storm Guardian

/monthly_2017_02/imageedit_5_6878424968.gif.280016b2af1310d3df403e88cb3c5fe8.gif[SIZE=10pt]Venturing far from water? Getting used to human legs? Alistair was intrigued, needless to say. He gave a gentle chuckle as she asked him if he minded her seating herself by him, shaking his head and lightly patting the spot next to him before resting his hands upon his lap again. His eyes focused to the sky as its color turned a pink and orange hue; The bonfire should be starting in just about an hour or two. He was excited, though he did a good job at concealing it. He had glanced over to Ishli, his expression softer than before.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“You mentioned venturing from water? What exactly are you? If you don’t mind me asking of course.”  [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Alistair chuckled again, moving his gaze up to the sky. [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]“Father always said I was a bit too curious for a status like my own.”[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Just then, Zephyr swooped in and perched himself upon the fencing of the porch, his watchful eye glancing between both woman and his lord.[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] “Ah, so the spoilsport returns.”[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Alistair comments, humor in his tone. The bird merely cawed at him as though he were scolding the silver-haired male, his feathers ruffling before easing himself into his perch, carefully eyeing the girl with his master to see if she was of any threat.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Alistair snapped his fingers at the bird in his own chastisement, sighing with a shake of his head. [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]“You’ll have to forgive Zephyr, he’s quite uptight for a bird.”[/SIZE]

[ @Nyctophiliac ]

Attachments

• imageedit_5_6878424968.gif
    imageedit_5_6878424968.gif
    59.1 KB · Views: 0
She dropped gratefully into the place next to him and stretched out her sore legs. Her gaze was aimed at the dazzling sky and was slightly unfocused. Wow, she thought. Even in my wildest imaginings I never thought a sky could look that beautiful on land. 

Inwardly smiling at his question she supplied the information. "I'm a selkie, one of the Seal People. And you? What do you mean by status?" Now she turned to look at him, his profile sharp against the dying light. His father...?

At that moment a bird swooped down and perched nearby giving her a hard look. Alistair snapped his fingers at the avian as if to reprimand it and sighed saying, "You’ll have to forgive Zephyr, he’s quite uptight for a bird.”

This made Ishli laugh softly. "What do you mean?" she asked thinking What a strange bird. It almost seems to have a human like intelligence. It somehow reminded her of Bryn her Hippocampus companion, how Bryn would act as her guardian in the seas. She made a note to herself to see how her friend was getting on.

@Smol Unicorn

One by one, everyone had finished eating and started trickling back into Earth cabin (there you go Storm). The pyromancer took a breath and turned away from everyone, distancing himself. He was able to handle it before but this time, Soma wasn't in the mood for all the activity. Even Titulus and Illusa's presences were beginning to grate on his nerves. Not them personally, of course. It was just having extra bodies in the cabin that bothered him. No matter who they were.

"Some other time Illusa." The undead's soft english accent rang out from under his cloak. He wasn't denying her. She seemed rather enthusiastic about it. It was just a matter of previous promises. Illusa had her little set up with the dragon hybrid and then Soma was going to teach her some basics, along with Blade. Though, the mage did wonder as to why Illusa got the sudden urge to duel him. Especially after showing her something like that. What caused the spark to fight? She didn't look mad and Illusa was never all that good at suppressing how she felt. As he joked earlier, he sometimes wondered who was really fiery one.

Soma knocked on the bathroom door a few times to signal to Blade that he could come out now before tilting his head up so his glowing eyes could regard each of them. They paused on the centaur walking in and briefly gave her a smile before they began flicking between all of the people gathered in the room. Why had Earth cabin been the place everyone liked to gather? He wouldn't be surprised if Xyllia suddenly came back around for some reason or the arrogant witch with the dog.

Soma's eyes did pause on Titulus for a brief moment and it wasn't a look of kindness. The time traveler's words caused controlled irritation within the undead. "It doesn't have to be anyway unless you want it to be Titulus. You, of all people, know how fickle time can be." He said pointedly. If Soma refused to accept the fate that awaited him, taking the necessary actions to shun those futures, then so should Titulus. At least, that's how Soma thought of it. Especially considering how much time the three had. 

The mage sighed and leaned against the wooden walls of the cabin, crossing his arms in the process. He mentally checked himself as he forgot that the room was completely cast in dim light and even though the sun had come out, the slight overcast served to make the room even dimmer. The pyromancer lit the corners of the room, as he had done when they all arrived. He was still hurt by Illusa's words, despite her apology but that didn't mean he was going to leave her in darkness. As if he could, really. Despite what they both thought of him and his ambitions.

@Sgt Gomez

@SleepyBuddha

@WolfOfProphecys(mentioned)

@Storm Guardian

@Chrysalism

@Petroshka (Mentioned)

Blade Kicklighter

Even though Blade was locked up in the bathroom, all functions running, he could still hear the elf, white-haired guy, and Soma talking. He heard the elf challenge Soma to a duel, and Blade internally thought,  Oh no. Please, not in the cabin. He was relieved when he heard Soma kindly deny the challenge. 

Blade realized Soma had called the elf by name. Illusa. It was a unique and easy name to remember. 

He was lost in thought about trying to memorize the elf's name when he heard the bathroom door being knocked on several times, and that caused him to jolt a small bit. They couldn't have finished the talk so quickly, did they? Quickly, Blade got up from the toilet cover, turned off the heating, circulator, and lights, and headed outside, to the sight of Soma's bright orange eyes. It was obvious he was observing everyone.

Obviously, they didn't finish their talk. The centaur that Blade had seen come out of the cabin earlier in the morning with Illusa, Soma, and the white haired guy had arrived, and that might have been the reason that their conversation had ended.

Soma's next words confused him. You know how fickle time can be? What was that supposed to mean? Blade looked at the white haired guy--Titulus, as Soma had called him, trying to look for an explanation. However, Titulus's eyes and face were enough to tell him a lot though.. Soma had said that Titulus knows about time. Titulus's hair was snow white colored, and his eyes showed signs of someone who's lived several lifetimes in his years. Now Blade had the facts. But he didn't know how to piece them together. In the end, he gave up on it.

Done with his analyzing, Blade sat back on his heels, looking at the flames in the corner of the room, and waiting for Soma to take initiative to train the dragon. As he stared into the light, Blade realized how much he now liked fire. It was warmth in an empty world.

@shadowz1995 @Sgt Gomez @Chrysalism @SleepyBuddha

More Information

Blade Kicklighter

Objective: Wait

Mood: Ponderous

Interacting with: Soma, Titulus, Illusa, Eve

As Grey's spit-blood hit the ground (which is now obsidian cause raisins) it quickly turned the obsidian red and stopped all movement. For a good minute everything had stopped silence had fallen over the world, until the reflective surfaces broke into various sections and started to rotate and raise in random directions marking a path of non-rotating segments. It lead to a large incline that had formed from the raising of the obsidian structures. "Come to me my little grey" Her voice vibrated through the ground originating from the top and most likely the end of the trail.

Back in reality Xyllia's ears perked up and she looked off in the general direction of the camp as if she felt something.

@The Broken Mind (sorry had stuff happen)

As Grey's spit-blood hit the ground (which is now obsidian cause raisins) it quickly turned the obsidian red and stopped all movement. For a good minute everything had stopped silence had fallen over the world, until the reflective surfaces broke into various sections and started to rotate and raise in random directions marking a path of non-rotating segments. It lead to a large incline that had formed from the raising of the obsidian structures. "Come to me my little grey" Her voice vibrated through the ground originating from the top and most likely the end of the trail.

Back in reality Xyllia's ears perked up and she looked off in the general direction of the camp as if she felt something.

@The Broken Mind (sorry had stuff happen)

Grey looked at the path then shook his head. "How about i don't Miss Xyllia. Going towards a demon is never a good idea." He stated, sighing. "Besides. I have no real reason too now do i?"

Putting his hands in his pockets, Grey looked up the path, eyes unwavering. He'd have to patch the gash on his cheek by cautarizing it and stay off his shin for a day or two but currently he was fine, awaiting the demon's answer.

(Same Petra. My dog died yesterday...)

Xyllia watched Grey walk up the path that she had created and wondered what ever she was going to do with him. He had grown increasingly more boring to deal with. Perhaps he is just a boring person to be around? in the illusion She jumped on his back hugging him again with a wide smile. "So strong, so cold!" She rubbed on him. "So comfortable in this heat!" The ground beneath the both of them gave away and they both fell into a dark void of nothingness. 

Back in reality Xyllia had teleported the Mr. Grey someone near someone (cough @shadowz1995 @Storm Guardian @Chrysalism @SleepyBuddha) she hadn't cared. and besides of teleporting home she decided to walk home corrupting the reality of the forest to her demands on the way. She wasn't in a particularly good mood, nor was she in a bad one. 

@The Broken Mind

Users who are viewing this thread

Back