• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Call of Cthulhu anyone?

Which interests you the most?

• Welcome to Cobbwood

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Fool's Conquest

• REMAIN CALM CITIZEN - ! - THE ISSUE SHALL BE RESOLVED MOMENTARILY

• [Disengaging Stasis Protocol]

• Total voters

TacoMann

Just a sweet transvestite
I've been bouncing around a few concepts for different Call of Cthulhu campaigns in my head recently. It's my favorite system, and deceptively simple. If you're not familiar with the system, I can easily help walk through the system and process. The emphasis here will be on episodic, isolated but interlocking mysteries, which shall together weave a great, terrible whole.

Give a read on the concepts, let me know what you'd like to fight for your life in the most!

Welcome to Cobbwood

A ranch town, just on the west end of what we now call Nevada. Prospectors and miners make their living at afew good caverns across the expanse, and life thrives in the growing community. But bandits and outlaws aren't quite the danger most know. Superstition spreads through the town, as a man in all black rolls in. A grin ear to ear. He leaves a night later. The east river ran red that night...

...Strange whispers through the stables at night...

...People stirring in their sleep...

...Horses and dogs spooking at nothing...

...Miners up and vanishing from their bunks...

...There's some strange things in them hills, partner....

The Fool's Conquest

An upstart has made a name for himself, across the whole of the empire. Japan is locked in a seemingly endless series of fueds and open skirmishes between its many states. Oda Nobunaga, the infamous Fool of Owari, has felled the great Inabayama castle after a brutal siege. His reach expands, as he claims to be working to unite all japan, under a single clan. At his side, a ronin, a coward, and a commoner. The Takeda and the Uesegi to the north, continue their endless blood-feud, with the Oda throwing in their hand along-side the Uesegi.

Amidst the carnage of war. Sightings. Rumors. Tall tales of Oni ransacking the desolate countryside. Of wayward spirits stalking the aftermath of bloodbath after bloodbath....

REMAIN CALM CITIZEN - ! - THE ISSUE SHALL BE RESOLVED MOMENTARILY

The city of Olympus Prime, based within the largest mountain of mars. Capital of humanity's Mars colonies, and a bustling hotbed of mining, engineering, and what passes for agriculture on Mars. A.M. Incorporated, the company funding the colony, has gone silent in the past weeks. Transit stations to other colonies have been shut down. The Extra-net has gone dark. Food, water, and air are farmed in good stock in the hydroponic sectors. But it remains disconcerting. The isolation. And that same message:

REMAIN CALM CITIZEN - ! - THE ISSUE SHALL BE RESOLVED MOMENTARILY

[Disengaging Stasis Protocol]

... Andrea Station. You where put in stasis for medical treatment. A quick scan shows no positives on any contamination or toxins in your body. The lights click on. No medical staff. No signs of personnel. A hint of iron to the air as a jammed door ticks across from the group, it's uncomfortable scraping as it tries to open itself the only noise, other than the gasps of your fellow patients awakening....

None of these will officially take-off until mid-February. Still, it's nice to test the waters, and see if anyone would be on board.

Hmm, interesting. I've heard of CoC before (specifically, I've read the story if Old Man Henderson xD ), but I'm not familiar with the system or how it works. I'd be willing to give it a whirl, though, the Nevada story looks especially appealing, some good old-fashioned Wild West-style eldritch horror :3

Oh, there will be many a reference to Tom Waits, Marty Robbins, and Sergio Leone should that be taken!

if you wnat me you have me, the fool's conquest sounds the most fun.. mainly because... well... the japanese have some freaky spirits and demons.

Pretty much a bunch of meet the percentages type of thing.

Say you had a handgun skill of 30 %, rolling a d100, getting under 30 percent means a success in blowing a hole in whatever you were shooting at.

generally it usually means if you aren't good at something, high probability of not succeeding.

much like how I can't build a rocket ship, is it possible I could jury rig up something, if I knew the basic concepts, to explode something into the stratosphere? yea, but highly unlikely, mainly because I'm an idiot.

From what i see, CoC requires alot more luck then most TTRPGs, prepare for the worst, hope for the best, try not to look the thing in the shadows.

SephirothSage said:
It has it's own system, but.
The system is ah. D100, roll under.
Orikanyo said:
Pretty much a bunch of meet the percentages type of thing.
Say you had a handgun skill of 30 %, rolling a d100, getting under 30 percent means a success in blowing a hole in whatever you were shooting at.
Sounds like the exact same concept as the Renaissance system so I wouldn't be surprised if one was based after the other. I'm familiar with it from Clockwork and Chivalry and I imagine even there are differences that it'll transfer over.

I'm liking the wild west or the desolate station. Both are excellent settings for eldritch tales of horror.

This sounds pretty good. Nice to see CoC getting some love. 7th edition or 6th?

I think Taco is at work right now, but I'll ask him on steam once he gets of, and alert him that interest is being had.

Not at work! Got fired remember! (gun)(^U^)

It'd be 7th I suppose. Simple charsheets, easy to maneuver around.

I may also take to running two of these campaigns. Depending on how poorly my job hunt goes.

Ouch, sorry to hear that. Hope you find something you like.

I'll get to hunting down the rulebook, need a refresher on this at least.

With the fool's quest in the lead two campaigns should sate those who chose another one, I for one am quite happy about having to deal with the utter foolishness that is Yokai, and anything else that comes out from the depths of who knows where.

I'm definitely thinking up a doctor of a sorts, gotta keep people alive long enough for them to distract those demons while you run away you know!

He isn't a brave man, but he is a smart one.

Smart enough to know when to start running, more often then not its before the others start.

Hehe. Mrm.. I'm thinking of a Ronin who became a Ronin due to being unusually moral, who somewhat idolizes some components of Nobunaga's methodology; such as how he promoted several low ranking individuals to high station because of ability... but also has notable issues with things like prolific use of guns, and the assaults on the temples; even if he utterly understands and agrees that monks have too much political and military power, he dislikes the ethics of burning the temples and everyone in them.

not bad, the gun thing was rather prevalent during that time huh? brought in by the... Dutch if i remember, spread like wildfire.

An now, now we start crying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back