• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy CAINHURST - OOC CHAT

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Perhaps the characters who aren't on either quest outlined should be added to a third group, maybe a third plot arc for something going on at Blackrock while everyone's away. That way, there's no confusion about where people should be or what they should be doing and no one feels left out.

Hey I'm all for ideas! Aha

Hey I'm all for ideas! Aha

Ideas? I love ideas.

-An important diplomat appears with vital news for Ulfric, but he's away to Shadowbark, so it's up the characters there to hear him out and deal with whatever it is in the Dark Lord's absence.

-Administrative officials of high rank start dying of mysterious causes and it quickly becomes clear it is not a coincidence; assassin in the midst trying to cause chaos, everyone has to find him or her.

-Something important is discovered missing; was stolen the night of the party. People have to figure out where it went, who took it, and get it back.

-Characters left behind decide it's a good time to try and explore some of those caves under the castle and see if they can find anything interesting.

-A hidden room in Blackrock that nobody knew about is discovered and people investigate what's in there and what it was used for.

-The kids decide to have a wild house party while Dad is away on business. They have a crazy Animal House type shindig and have to make sure everything is clean before Dad gets home so he doesn't find out.

-Something with chimeras, we have a couple characters who like to make those.

-Something with the abyss undead. It gets loose and they have to get it back.

-Something with the prisoners. Somebody escapes and they have to find them.

-They discover spies in their midst reporting back to the church/Hinokah. They have to figure out how many members of the staff are in on it and either purge all the informants or figure out how to use them to their advantage.

-A rebellion happens somewhere and they have to organize a force to put it down.

-Some kind of crazy breakthrough in Helmfried and/or Elazer's research projects. Need ingredients or specific spells they don't have access to to go farther. Characters have to figure it out.

-Political intrigue. Nobles trying to gain power or favor, or backstabbing each other, or something else.

-Something more administrative and mundane. There's a drought and farmers can't produce enough crops. The economy is in a slump. Not enough tax revenue. Organizing cultural projects to entertain/unite the people of Hollowvale. Revamping the education system to make sure all Hollowvale's children are one day able to contribute to society. Characters have to deal with these things or others.

-A horrible sickness is spreading throughout surrounding villages that no one has seen before and they have to figure out how to contain it and/or deal with it.

-Combat/magic training montage set to the Eye of the Tiger.

-A fire breaks out somewhere on the castle grounds. Have to figure out the cause and repair the damage. Potential arson plot.

-Investigating Klyn's kidnapping to try and figure out how security was breached, as well as by whom and why.

I can sit here and type up ideas until my fingers fall off, but since I'm not the one who ultimately has to figure out the details, perhaps it's better to leave the rest up to the authors whose characters are stuck at home.

Last edited:
Ideas? I love ideas.

-An important diplomat appears with vital news for Ulfric, but he's away to Shadowbark, so it's up the characters there to hear him out and deal with whatever it is in the Dark Lord's absence.

-Administrative officials of high rank start dying of mysterious causes and it quickly becomes clear it is not a coincidence; assassin in the midst trying to cause chaos, everyone has to find him or her.

-Something important is discovered missing; was stolen the night of the party. People have to figure out where it went, who took it, and get it back.

-Characters left behind decide it's a good time to try and explore some of those caves under the castle and see if they can find anything interesting.

-A hidden room in Blackrock that nobody knew about is discovered and people investigate what's in there and what it was used for.

-The kids decide to have a wild house party while Dad is away on business. They have a crazy Animal House type shindig and have to make sure everything is clean before Dad gets home so he doesn't find out.

-They discover spies in their midst reporting back to the church/Hinokah. They have to figure out how many members of the staff are in on it and either purge all the informants or figure out how to use them to their advantage.

-A rebellion happens somewhere and they have to organize a force to put it down.

-Some kind of crazy breakthrough in Helmfried and/or Elazer's research projects. Need ingredients or specific spells they don't have access to to go farther. Characters have to figure it out.

-Political intrigue. Nobles trying to gain power or favor, or backstabbing each other, or something else.

-Something more administrative and mundane. There's a drought and farmers can't produce enough crops. The economy is in a slump. Not enough tax revenue. Organizing cultural projects to entertain/unite the people of Hollowvale. Revamping the education system to make sure all Hollowvale's children are one day able to contribute to society. Characters have to deal with these things or others.

-A horrible sickness is spreading throughout surrounding villages that no one has seen before and they have to figure out how to contain it and/or deal with it.

-A fire breaks out somewhere on the castle grounds. Have to figure out the cause and repair the damage. Potential arson plot.

-Investigating Klyn's kidnapping to try and figure out how security was breached, as well as by whom and why.

I can sit here and type up ideas until my fingers fall off, but since I'm not the one who ultimately has to figure out the details, perhaps it's better to leave the rest up to the authors whose characters are stuck at home.

Hey these are all good!

Dad isn't the one slapping the kids in the butt if they cause a mess in the house.

Ideas? I love ideas.

Any ideas here catch the interest of our free players right now?
Refaulted Refaulted Tetro Tetro Dalamus Ulom Dalamus Ulom doneanddusted doneanddusted Kingly K Duel Kingly K Duel

I didn't think it would be an outright rebellion. I figured something like a couple of psychos doing stuff in the shadows.

I'm down for the diplomat one too.

I didn't think it would be an outright rebellion. I figured something like a couple of psychos doing stuff in the shadows.

I'm down for the diplomat one too.

Up to you!

This is for y'all to develop an idea so pick your fav, find a friend do a thing!

I will help how I can.

Looks like they found Sep's weeb cache.
(racks rifle)
No witnesses.

They discover spies in their midst reporting back to the church/Hinokah. They have to figure out how many members of the staff are in on it and either purge all the informants or figure out how to use them to their advantage.

Could possibly be a great set up for a certain (cough) future attack (cough) Avari Avari

Personally, I would go for the mundane agricultural thing. Or the Coronavirus arc sounds fun too. Time to science!

Looks like they found Sep's weeb cache.

"Wow, this super secret chamber was probably put in here by the ancient dwarves when they constructed Blackrock with powerful magic lost to time. I bet they used this room for all kinds of crazy rituals and maybe kept all their mystical artifacts here and-- Wait, why is there an anime body pillow in here? And what on Aether is a 'Waifu?'"

Literally my first day on my PC for ages (was gonna play Persona 4!) and my WiFi goes down.

Virgin Media are a joooOOoOOKe

If anyone would make good spies, I'd think it'd be ninja.

Though to be honest, I more had in mind agents undercover as like, maids or butlers or scribes or chefs or librarians or what have you. Lots of people doing their jobs admirably who seem perfectly in their element. They're just...secretly sending information back home in their off time.

But whatever works.

Albert is probably gonna sweep the castle with the recent security breach. A lot of heads will most likely fall. I think he will also give Lucrezia and Derwin some scolding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back