• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Café

Okay, so filling with spells from the starter list... can characters teach each other the custom spells?
Roleplay wise with the way divines work, no they cannot be taught, that's a mechromancer thing. Your magic improves from the source that granted it to you. You can though have a spell that you like and say it came about through divine ways.

I'll say that with your empty spell slots, you can fill them with custom spells.

Katsuya Katsuya , I gave you this choice before, right, but you chose to pick starting spells instead of make your own?

Roleplay wise with the way divines work, no they cannot be taught, that's a mechromancer thing. Your magic improves from the source that granted it to you. You can though have a spell that you like and say it came about through divine ways.

I'll say that with your empty spell slots, you can fill them with custom spells.

Katsuya Katsuya , I gave you this choice before, right, but you chose to pick starting spells instead of make your own?
Oh yeah! I forgot. XD

Knowledge 6: Metamorphose

Make a Challenging Knowledge roll. Any biological matter within the target area that has been permanently altered by an effect, magical or mechromantic, is reverted to its original form -- if and only if the spell Dispel Magic would not interact with the effect.
  • Target: 1 (+1 for every two points of knowledge over 6) 10cm cube.
  • Casting Range: Touch
  • Ritual Duration: 6H
Alternatively, invert the effect of the spell. Transform into one of five extremophile forms below upon casting. You may attempt a hard Knowledge check to cast Knowledge 1 spells in these forms and speak haltingly. The spells will require the user's Manna or supplies to cast. You must remove your equipment to gain the effects of this spell, your equipped gear does not meld with your flesh. You have a toughness of 17, +2 to your Combat, improved dark vision, and you can use your minor action to make an extra attack. Your size increases by one classification (if small, become human sized; if human sized, become the size of a beast of burden). You may receive one extra instance damage from enemies, but not from other sources (i.e. poison, environmental).

If you are reduced to unconscious while in this form, revert to your original form with the health value bloody.

"The desert takes what it pleases, she covets life. So does its scaled king."

While in a desert environment:

• Difficult Terrain doesn't slow your group's Travel.
  • Your group can't become lost except by magical means.
  • Even when you are engaged in another Activity While Traveling (such as Foraging, navigating, or tracking), you remain alert to danger.
  • If you are traveling alone, you can move stealthily at a normal pace.
  • When you Forage, you find twice as much food as you normally would.
  • Hex speed = 3
  • Gain advantage on Survival rolls.
Gain the ability Acid Spit:

As a major action, project a thin cone of caustic and poisonous liquid up to 30 feet. Make a Combat roll to neutralize a target lethally. If successful, the target and one adjacent creature takes one damage and makes a Challenging Survival roll. On a failure, the target receives -2 to their toughness and becomes afflicted with Bleed.
"-- and all of a sudden, a blue shadow as wide as the ship rose from the depths. I scorned the gods that it weren't a hurricane instead."

While in an oceanic environment:
  • Even when you are engaged in another Activity While Traveling (such as Foraging, navigating, or tracking), you remain alert to danger.
  • Hex speed = 5 IF
  • IF on land then Hex speed = 0
  • If your size is increased to human, increase your size to beast of burden.
  • If your size is increased to beast of burden, increase your size to large beast.
  • You may hold your breath for up to ten hours and are unaffected by intense water pressure.
  • Triple your carrying capacity for the purposes of transporting objects or creatures in a water environment.
Gain the ability Overwhelm:

As a major action, make a Charge attack at -2 instead of -3 against a number of foes in your path = Combat. On a successful hit, each foe takes one instance of damage and gains Panicked and Don't Move.
"There is a reason every explanation of creation states that the world was once chaos. Its blood melts flesh and turns life into dust. And yet, he is only warmed by its fury."

While in a mountainous or actively volcanic environment:

• Your group has a +1 to rolls to overcome intense heat or noxious fumes.
  • Hex speed = 3 IF
  • IF in water then Hex speed = 0
  • Gain immunity to intense heat and advantage on Survival rolls against noxious fumes produced by volcanic activity.
Gain the ability Bomb:

As a major action, make a Combat roll to neutralize a target within 1 area non-lethally. On a successful roll, the target takes one instance of damage and Don't Move. All adjacent creatures receive Don't Move.
"He is found where your breath freezes solid. That his kingdom. He is his own fortress and you will not see his white mountain of a body until he greets you."

While in an arctic environment:
  • Your group is not slowed by mild weather effects.
  • Hex speed = 4
Gain the ability: Shatter

As a major action, make a Combat roll to neutralize a target within melee range lethally. If successful, the target takes one instance of damage, and then the target must make an additional combat roll or be affected by Disarm. The next roll made by the enemy after the mentioned combat roll is reduced by 2.
"A dark shadow cast from above darts across the ground. Feathers as long as an arm tumble through the wind."

While in a mountainous environment:

• Hex speed = 6
Gain a flying speed equal to your walking speed.

Gain the ability Dervish:

As a major action, make a Combat roll to neutralize a target within one area non-lethally. If successful, the target takes one instance of damage, and then the target and each creature within fifteen feet of the target must make a survival roll. On a failure, each creature affected is thrown ten feet in a random direction and falls prone.

• Target: Self
  • Duration: No. of hours = Knowledge

Last edited:

Okay. I get the concept more concretely now. I'm going to hold off on the addition of these custom spells for now and turn their development into a matter of RP.

Good morning, Risotoo Risotoo , so for Elliot's techniques, these need to come from the starting spells from the spells tab, but you can change the name and the look of the spell to match Breath of Life and Multi-task. You seem to like making spells, maybe you would like the Divine path, since it will allow you to make custom spells instead of finding them in the rp? Or we just stay in mechromancy and we'll find the spells you want in game?

Aside from that, would you like to roll for his starting alchemicals and metals? Also, pick the weapon type of his arigami? He also gets a default weapon along with the arigami. And for his armor, is it a light or mage armor?
Heya, okay so now that i have context of what the two magics really mean. I think im gonna go w divine for now. Quick note as well, idk how to roll for the metals or supposed currency, I assumed we were all gon be broke :P
Also for the arigami thing, i feel like for Eli, it'd be something reminiscent of a pole, with light armor. Feel like macdonald's customer here or something haha.

Heya, okay so now that i have context of what the two magics really mean. I think im gonna go w divine for now. Quick note as well, idk how to roll for the metals or supposed currency, I assumed we were all gon be broke :P
Also for the arigami thing, i feel like for Eli, it'd be something reminiscent of a pole, with light armor. Feel like macdonald's customer here or something haha.
Roll 1d100 each for alchemical and metal in that order.

Which weapon category would you like the pole to be?
Weapon types are categorized according to effect, instead of form. There can be a sword that is Light, such as a rapier; or a sword that is Ranged, such as a gunsword; or twin swords that are Dual-wielded.
  1. Heavy
    Two-handed
    "Cleave". Once per turn, you can make an area attack with -2 to hit, to damage a number of foes = Combat that are clustered around you. Two-handed.
  2. Light
    +1 crit | One-handed
    Can be "Dual-wielded" when you equip a second light weapon in your off-hand, allowing you to make an extra attack, giving all your attacks -1 hit. No penalty when making only one attack.
  3. Mage
    Attack range: 3 | Spell Casting Range: +2 | One-handed
    Your afflictions penalize targets by an additional -1 and last 1 round longer.
  4. Ranged
    Attack range: 4 | Two handed
    You may use a minor action to "Aim", giving you -1 Toughness, but +2 to hit on your next attack. You have -2 to attack rolls when melee attackers are engaged with you.

And +2 Toughness from the light armor.

I was about to say, like, if you had to do all the coding and stuff for the art and spells, etc on mobile, I would have to pray for your thumbs.

What do you think about the magic?

Knowledge 6: Metamorphose

Make a Challenging Knowledge roll. Any biological matter within the target area that has been permanently altered by an effect, magical or mechromantic, is reverted to its original form -- if and only if the spell Dispel Magic would not interact with the effect.
  • Target: 1 (+1 for every two points of knowledge over 6) 10cm cube.
  • Casting Range: Touch
  • Ritual Duration: 6H
Alternatively, invert the effect of the spell. Transform into one of five extremophile forms below upon casting. You may attempt a hard Knowledge check to cast Knowledge 1 spells in these forms and speak haltingly. The spells will require the user's Manna or supplies to cast. You must remove your equipment to gain the effects of this spell, your equipped gear does not meld with your flesh. You have a toughness of 17, +2 to your Combat, improved dark vision, and you can use your minor action to make an extra attack. Your size increases by one classification (if small, become human sized; if human sized, become the size of a beast of burden). You may receive one extra instance damage from enemies, but not from other sources (i.e. poison, environmental).

If you are reduced to unconscious while in this form, revert to your original form with the health value bloody.

"The desert takes what it pleases, she covets life. So does its scaled king."

While in a desert environment:

• Hex speed = 3
Gain the ability Acid Spit:

As a major action, project a thin cone of caustic and poisonous liquid up to 30 feet. Make a Combat roll to neutralize a target lethally. If successful, the target and one adjacent creature takes one damage and makes a Challenging Survival roll. On a failure, the target receives -2 to their toughness and becomes afflicted with Bleed.
"-- and all of a sudden, a blue shadow as wide as the ship rose from the depths. I scorned the gods that it weren't a hurricane instead."

While in an oceanic environment:
  • Hex speed = 5 IF
  • IF on land then Hex speed = 0
  • If your size is increased to human, increase your size to beast of burden.
  • If your size is increased to beast of burden, increase your size to large beast.
  • You may hold your breath for up to ten hours and are unaffected by intense water pressure.
  • Triple your carrying capacity for the purposes of transporting objects or creatures in a water environment.
Gain the ability Overwhelm:

As a major action, make a Charge attack at -2 instead of -3 against a number of foes in your path = Combat. On a successful hit, each foe takes one instance of damage and gains Panicked and Don't Move.
"There is a reason every explanation of creation states that the world was once chaos. Its blood melts flesh and turns life into dust. And yet, he is only warmed by its fury."

While in a mountainous or actively volcanic environment:

• Your group has a +1 to rolls to overcome intense heat or noxious fumes.
  • Hex speed = 3 IF
  • IF in water then Hex speed = 0
  • Gain immunity to intense heat and advantage on Survival rolls against noxious fumes produced by volcanic activity.
Gain the ability Bomb:

As a major action, make a Combat roll to neutralize a target within 1 area non-lethally. On a successful roll, the target takes one instance of damage and Don't Move. All adjacent creatures receive Don't Move.
"He is found where your breath freezes solid. That is his kingdom. He is his own fortress and you will not see his white mountain of a body until he greets you."

While in an arctic environment:
  • Your group is not slowed by mild weather effects.
  • Hex speed = 4
Gain the ability: Shatter

As a major action, make a Combat roll to neutralize a target within melee range lethally. If successful, the target takes one instance of damage, and then the target must make an additional combat roll or be affected by Disarm. The next roll made by the enemy after the mentioned combat roll is reduced by 2.
"A dark shadow cast from above darts across the ground. Feathers as long as an arm tumble through the wind."

While in a mountainous environment:

• Hex speed = 6
Gain a flying speed equal to your walking speed.

Gain the ability Dervish:

As a major action, make a Combat roll to neutralize a target within one area non-lethally. If successful, the target takes one instance of damage, and then the target and each creature within fifteen feet of the target must make a survival roll. On a failure, each creature affected is thrown ten feet in a random direction and falls prone.

• Target: Self
  • Duration: No. of hours = Knowledge

Zer0 Zer0

Katsuya Katsuya Pet Panda Pet Panda Ian Temero Ian Temero Risotoo Risotoo , Ima take a GM break for a week. Will still do the timeskip and mention the cure, and also answer any questions, especially if you guys wanna get more alchemical and stuff, but other than that, consider this time free roam mode. Also, if anyone would like to GM any side stuff feel free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back