• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings 𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐲 𝐮𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞. (𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙜-𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙢 𝙤𝙘/𝙤𝙘)

blutgang

phantasmagoria
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Rich (BB code):
null moon
  • INTRODUCTION

greetings and salutations, this is your average 1x1 summons addressed to whomever it may concern! some may recognize this prompt, but i've gone ahead and repurposed it to be far more broadly appealing in the hopes of casting a wider net. for the sake of brevity, here's what you need to know about me:

1. i'm gil, i'm 23 and work overnights monday through friday (EDT). because of this, i'm mostly inaccessible in the mornings and early afternoons. BUT, my sleep schedule is woefully inconsistent and my brainworms constantly active.

2. adv. lazy lit, emphasis on quality over quantity. response time is liable to fluctuate due to work and personal health, but i try to reply at least once every day. don't ever feel pressured to rush out a response or match length with me. i only ask that you avoid one-liners because it doesn't give me much to work with.

3. only interested in ocs right now. fandom ocs fall under this category. see my inspirations tab for possible settings. i would honestly be willing to write anything from those series or something completely divorced from fandom altogether.

4. ghost friendly. life happens, interests fluctuate. you don't owe me your time or an explanation as to why. i may reach out once or twice just to check in, but i won't harass you for a response.
coded by weldherwings.

mobile friendly version!

greetings and salutations, this is your average 1x1 summons addressed to whomever it may concern! some may recognize this prompt, but i've gone ahead and repurposed it to be far more broadly appealing in the hopes of casting a wider net. for the sake of brevity, here's what you need to know about me:

1. i'm gil, i'm 23 and work overnights monday through friday (EDT). because of this, i'm mostly inaccessible in the mornings and early afternoons. BUT, my sleep schedule is woefully inconsistent and my brainworms constantly active.

2. adv. lazy lit, emphasis on quality over quantity. response time is liable to fluctuate due to work and personal health, but i try to reply at least once every day. don't ever feel pressured to rush out a response or match length with me. i only ask that you avoid one-liners because it doesn't give me much to work with.

3. only interested in ocs right now. fandom ocs fall under this category. see my inspirations tab for possible settings. i would honestly be willing to write anything from those series or something completely divorced from fandom altogether.

4. ghost friendly. life happens, interests fluctuate. you don't owe me your time or an explanation as to why. i may reach out once or twice just to check in, but i won't harass you for a response.

CHARACTERS — i like nuanced characters that could theoretically set off a geiger counter with their presence. give me your weirdest weirdos, your stubborn malcontents, your morally bankrupt. chances are, if you have some idea on what you want to do with them, i can easily find / create someone to pair off with them and we can work out a dynamic from there. my only stipulation is that i feel weird about using real people's likeness for my FCs (instagram models, celebs, etc) and using fanart of existing characters to represent mine just feels very. tacky? if you use RL FCs, that's completely fine, but don't come at me for keeping to artwork, written descriptions and silly little picrews.

DYNAMICS — full disclosure, i don't see any appeal in pairing a miserable person with a happy person so that happy person can be miserable. i would like for our characters to either uplift or completely destroy each other, maybe lane-switching between the two. i personally enjoy the vibes of bitter divorcees and doomed love and ill-fated omens. slow burns strongly preferred.

SETTINGS & THEMES — big fan of horror, low fantasy and retrofuturism: settings that have some basis in our reality but maybe carry a sort of mystical / technological sway. see the likes of infamous, bioshock and dishonored. darker and mature subjects (that don't defy site ToS) come with the territory. i want us to treat these subjects with the respect and sensitivity they deserve and not have our RP foregrounded entirely by its edge factor. so with that being said, please bring up any triggers you may have, so i know to avoid them! i try to be conscious of people's tws because i don't have any of my own.

1. only accepting partners 18+. no shade, i just don't feel comfortable writing with minors at my grown age. if you don't state your age anywhere that i can see, i most likely won't respond to any of your attempts to reach out to me.

2. please be open to ooc chatter and collaboration on plot beats. half of what sustains me in an rp is being able to wax about our characters, sharing playlists, making mood-boards, and the like. if you're a yes-man or it feels like pulling teeth to have a dialogue with you about what our characters should be doing, it's a quick and easy way for me to lose interest.

3. not explicitly looking for romance, but i'm only interested in writing wlw / nblw and nblnb romantic relationships. my characters are plenty capable of fostering sincere platonic relationships with men, so please have an open mind and don't try to haggle me about this. i'll just end the chat.

4. if the inspirations and word bank are any indication, i really have no interest in strictly fluffy or schmaltzy plots because they just aren't fulfilling to me. similarly, angst and misery for the sake of angst and misery is even less fulfilling. interweaving the tragic with the hilarious and the hilarious with the hopeful makes for a far more refined and meaningful narrative.

WORDBANK: hurt / comfort. small-town horror. psychological horror. hauntings. political dissent. cyberpunk. transhumanism. religious cults. eldritchian horror. mutual distrust. slow burns. bittersweet feelings. complicated and toxic relationships. betrayal. resentment. magic which corrupts. sun x moon.

FANDOM: bloodborne. the last of us. life is strange. echo. dishonored. silent hill. kingdom hearts. elden ring. parasite eve. rule of rose. fallout. houseki no kuni. bioshock. infamous. metal gear. we know the devil. signalis. system shock. fear & hunger.

MUSIC: anything / an unkindness. exile, vilify / the national. tefutefu / plastic tree. earth death / baths. house of metal / chelsea wolfe. dark stone / holy fawn. midsummer shadow / public memory. call for help / pearly drops. under supervision / late night drive home. everything you do is a balloon / boards of canada. shadows of my name / emma ruth rundle.

if by this point you're still interested, please feel free to PM me with what you're looking to get out of this! i'm eager to oblige and even more eager to create something with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back