• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Broken Sword Main

Characters
Here
Other
Here

• test

• strawberry-834947_1920.jpg
    John Doe Langley

Doe seemed flabbergasted by Abraxas's response. What?! Why was he eating it then?? At least when he was in that health food craze he did it under the impression it was good for him!
    "Wh--Stop eating it then!!"
    He exclaimed. After adjusting the kettle on the stove, he abandoned it and went to the nearest cupboard with food in it.
    "You need to eat some actual food! You'll make yourself sick!"

Doe opened the cupboards, maybe he could make a soup or or find some crackers for Abraxas to munch on instead. Anything would be better than letting him make himself sick on garbage. Unfortunately, What Doe found in the cabinets was... Lack luster, to say the least. The only thing he could find that he didn't have to spend an hour cooking were sweets, sweets, and even more sweets. He pursed his lips as he pulled aside a box of chocolates.. only to reveal more empty calories. Huh.. Maybe he shouldn't have put so much trust into a stranger to stock his cupboards. He couldn't live off of just carbs, looks like he was gonna have to take a trip to the grocery store later.
    After a moment of indecision, Doe hesitantly pulled out a loaf of bread and some honey--the two healthiest options he could find. It would have to do, for now. At the very least it was better than whatever that life candy stuff was supposed to be.

Last edited:
  • The Colonel gave another nod, just stopping himself from patting Taranis on the arm.
    As I said, try not to worry too much about it. In communities like this one, we are used to these things happening. As for you," he said, turning to Tolliver.
    "Try not to be so hard on your brother. He might not look it, but he probably feels bad. You might just be making it worse. Just a thought," he said, before jogging off before either brother could really respond. As he moved farther and farther from Broken Sword, he began to push himself. His legs churned faster, moving at inhuman speeds. He knew no one but the other watchers would see him, so he could really let himself loose. He felt muscles strain that had been force to remain dormant for a while. With a grimace, he realized it might have been a little TOO long. He promised himself that once all the residents were settled, he would get more in the habit of his morning workouts. For years they had been a staple. Living with a mage had made him soft. He scowled at the thought. The scowl deepened as he reached the general store and saw the two from before inside. He reached for the handle, but hesitated. With a muttered grumble, he crossed over to the Albertson's and started his to do list.

Zee smiled at Hank as he introduced himself. "I'm Zee. Nice to meet you." They quickly scanned the shelves and, when it was clear the introductions were done, strode down an isle. "Let'see..." They spent a few moments at the spice section, comparing prices, before muscle memory took over and they pulled not only the spices for the jerky, but others as they mentally ran through what they had, and planning cooking dinners. They crouched to better see the bottom rack.

They reached toward their phone to text their former roommate for a last minute list, but before they actually pulled it out, they remembered what had happened and where they were. Instead, Zee tried passing the gesture off as placing their hand down as support, pivoting towards Strunmir. "Got any preferences? Like, how hot is too hot, and any allergies."

DovahBeat DovahBeat

Last edited:

• Zee's aborted reach for their cell phone did not go unnoticed by Strunmir, but he chose not to comment on it. He knew all too well what it was like to have a past with lost relationships. Instead, he just answered their questions.

"No amount of hot is too hot, and I don't have any allergies that I'm aware of."

Indigo Knight Indigo Knight

Hank nodded in recognition of Strunmir's name.
"Strunmir, eh? Can't say I've ever heard of anyone with that name. That's great. Least you aren't stuck with something everyday like Hank," he said with a grin. He was readjusting some flowers as Zee introduced themselves.
"Very nice to meet you, Zee. I like your hair. Very colorful, and the way I see it, the world could use a little more color in it. Too much black and white in it for me." He rustled with one of the displays for a moment, before offering Zee a brilliant blue carnation.
"On the house, of course." With that out of the way, he busied himself behind the counter, making sure the items he had to package personally were all in the right places, interjecting once more on the subject of spice.
"Well, if you enjoy yourself some spice, I carry powdered peppers from cayenne to Carolina Reaper. Quite an assortment of fresh peppers as well. They're along that section there," he pointed to a long cabinet section that was full of various spice containers. Most of the dried items were in tubs with measuring spoons, plastic bags of various sizes scattered every so often.

Last edited:
As was his way, the Colonel was exceedingly thorough and efficient with his shopping. He made sure to thoroughly check any and all expiration dates. He had gotten supplies in rougher venues, and eaten them happily at the time, but he figured Abraxas would not want his new residents to be riddled with dysentery. Or worse... worms. He pulled a slight face as he remembered having to clean up after one such incident, before his face adjusted back to its usual mask of stone. Surprisingly, he was able to find everything on their list. He remembered how he had been warned against Albertson's when he first took up resident, but despite the exterior it was well maintained. He had known a few people like that. He shrugged mentally. People judged too often based on appearances. Having gathered his items, he approached the counter. The clerk there seemed surprised. The natural glare on Phillips' face stopped any notion of the usual small talk. He tried not to curse as he realized he had forgotten to ask for the money for this outing. Reluctantly, he pulled out his wallet. It was tattered and faded, and stuffed far too full. Carefully he pulled out the cash for this transaction. The last thing he needed was to use any credit. Grabbing his receipt with a mental note to get Tilly to reimburse him for every cent, he set back off down the road. It was a quiet area, so he decided to go all out on his way back to Broken Sword. He grinned as he felt his body responding properly now. Making quick time, he zoomed through the gates of the community. With the sound of squealing leather, he skidded to a stop in front of the twins door. This time his knock was heavy, as he forgot for a moment to ease off. He winced at the crack he had put in the door. Awkwardly, he held up the numerous grocery bags. He had tied them in special knots around his wrists, in order to run better. He was just beginning to reach for his knife when the door swung open.
"Hello. I uh, I brought you your groceries. If you would allow me a moment to get these off my wrists, I will hand them off to you." He frowned, the double bagging he had insisted on annoying him. With a quick grunt, he strained for a moment, snapping the bonds. He wrapped the bags tops together, holding them up.
"There we are. I do hope you were not planning on reusing those."

Zee nodded, adjusting the carnation tucked behind their ear as it threatened to fall, and turned back to the spices, pulling more out and measuring them as they chatted. "Jacob loves spicy food. You'd think he'd burn his tastebuds, the way he spices things. Don't know where my parents found him, but 'twas not Missouri."

Finished with the spices, they moved to the baking stuff, grabbing flour, etc. They contemplated getting coffee for a half second before a small bag of instant coffee was tossed into their basket. After grabbing some rice and beans, they turned to Strunmir and asked "Kay. What all did you need?"

DovahBeat DovahBeat

John Doe Langley

Doe widened his eyes as Abraxas continued to talk about his terrible dietary habits. He was visibly appalled when the mage mentioned keeping Red Vines by his bedside. Red Vines wern't even that good! If he was going to keep candy by your bed at least choose a nice one! Really though, he shouldn't keep it by his bed in the first place, he was going to go diabetic if he kept that up! Doe shook his head in exasperation as Abraxas continued to talk about his candy habits. Maybe once he got some groceries he could make Abraxas some actual food as thanks for being so generous.
    Doe unwrapped the loaf of bread from its bag and started to pull out a few slices of bread, when Abraxas's watch began to ring. He glanced over to watch Abraxas check it, then hop onto his feet.
    "Oh, already..?"
    He asked.
    "Well, alright hun, goodluck! Your welcome back anytime!"
    Doe started to rewrap the bread he had just opened. He was pensive about having someone over so soon after moving in, but, despite how unprepared he was, Doe found himself enjoying the company. Though maybe it was for the best, Abraxas seemed like a busy man, he had more important and better things to do than hang out with him. Like meeting the rest of the residents or stopping gnome invasions--
    Wait a minute.
    Doe did a double take as he registered what exactly Abraxas said.
    "Hold on a moment--Gnome WHAT--?"
    He asked just a few seconds too late. Abraxas was already gone. Albatross meowed at him from the couch cushion, as if confirming that Abraxas was long gone. Doe sighed. He sure was awfully quick to leave... Did he do something wrong? Was the 'eat healthier' talk too much? He was concerned, sure but he didn't mean to come off as bossy or overbearing. Doe furrowed his eyebrows with worry and twisted the bread bag closed. The sound of the tea kettle whistling drew Doe's attention, but did nothing to stop his running thoughts.
    He should have just kept his stupid mouth shut. That's probably why he was in this situation in the first place.
    The high pitched sound of the tea kettle drew Doe's attention, but did nothing to pull him from his anxious thoughts. He returned the honey and bread to the cupboard then clicked off the stove. He stared thoughtfully at the pot.
    Well. This tea wasnt going to drink itself.

Tilly was about to respond to Macey's obvious judgement and disappointment when Abraxas came running up. His cloak flapped out behind him as he ran up, one hand planted on his head to keep his hat in place.
"You're late," Tilly said, hands on her hips.
"You missed the twins. You should probably go see them next. First though, Macey was wanting to meet you. So here they are!" Tilly waved an arm in Macey's direction.
"Yes, Tilly. I can see them just fine. Macey, welcome to Broken Sword. Has Tilly gotten you your key yet?" When Tilly shook her head, Abraxas did a twisting motion with his hand, and a key shaped like a miniature sword appeared in his hand. He held it out to Macey with a small smile.
"So is there anything else you need? Sorry I wasn't here to meet you. I was trying to get one of our residents settled in. Making sure everyone has a smooth move in is pretty important to me." Abraxas' smile brightened for a second. He hoped he wasn't sweating too much in front of the newcomer. Running in his thick Council cloak in California got him hot way faster than he was used to. He resolved to change when he got home. He hated the heavy cloak that meetings still required a hundred years after cloaks had gone way out of fashion. He shook his head to clear his annoyance with the Council, and watched Macey carefully.

• Strunmir nodded appreciation to Hank, then began measuring out various spices to purchase, for added variety. Then, he picked up a pre-packaged Pacific bluefin tuna, the whole 130 lbs, and turned back to Zee.
    "I think this will do me for a few days. You ready to check out?" He responded, bringing his spices and fish to the checkout counter and then pulling out his wallet to pay.

The Colonel winced a bit as the door swang open. For the first time in nearly a decade, he had let himself go. Used his full speed and strength. He glanced again at the door, and remembered why he didn't do that anymore. It was different in the old days. It had been a completely different world when he was younger. The truth was, he felt he had outlived his usefulness. Abraxas had given him a second chance. Had shown him a new path. So he sucked it up and dealt with whatever came his way. He smiled and nodded as Tolliver thanked him.
"That is just one part of my job, kid. But in this case," he said, glancing at Taranis lurking in the background.
"In this case, it was a pleasure." He nodded again as Tolliver spoke about being unable to go out sometimes. In his own way, he understood that too. After Chechnya, he had crawled into a bottle. It had taken a crazy mage with a crazier idea to drag him out.
"Well, Tolliver, sometimes control is hard. After all, sometimes even the most disciplined of us lose control. Take a look at your door if you do not believe me." He laughed, just a little. It was a wolfish laugh, born of fire and blood. He did not seem to notice though, running a hand through his long black hair.
"I am sorry about the door. I will find someone to fix it." He raised his eyebrows as both twins offered to pay him, before holding a hand up, shaking it slowly.
"As I said, it was a pleasure. I have more money than I know what to do with as it is. I am not going to take yours." He frowned for a moment, considering something.
"If you need something to do with that money, then get your brother something nice. I get the feeling he could use a little more nice in his life."

To say Bran was not entirely pleased with the state of things was a bit of an understatement. He had first thoroughly checked the interior of his forge, and tutted to himself. The forge itself had been well constructed, but he could tell by experience that the heat treatment would never hold up to his standards. He needed to get materials, wood especially, to make it correct. He had resolved to put it off until tomorrow, until he saw the horrific state of his pantry. His refrigerator held nothing of use to him, and his larder was packed with so many candies he feared he would never rid himself of that much sugar. Grumbling, he pulled up directions to the nearest store, and hopped into his battered Volvo.

He drove carefully, relying on his college years to keep him on the correct side of the road, before pulling into the general store parking lot. The soft sounds of an old Boston song could be heard inside before he killed the engine. Bran smiled as he saw stacks of firewood and sacks of coal positioned on the rustic porch. Perhaps he could do two things at once after all. He hopped out, looking into the window to see what goods were laid inside.
"Whoa, big boy," Hank muttered as Bran entered. He flashed the owner a smile, befpre noticing the other two customers.
"Oh hello! My new neighbors, yes? I apologize for not giving you the proper American greeting when we first met! I am Bran Silverash," he said, reaching one of his massive paws towards Strunmir. He marveled for a second at the tuna in Strunmir's hands.
"I hope you did not take the last of those. I know Pierogi would enjoy that very much as a snack." He gave a wide smile, as though everyone there obviously knew who Pierogi was.

Zee raised an eyebrow at the giant fish Strunmir had picked up. It was HUGE, though they didn't doubt the man when he said it'll only last a few days. Swiping a portobello at the last minute from the shelf, they were craving burgers for dinner, they nodded. "Yup, I believe I am."

Their advance towards the checkout was halted when another man approached, introducing himself as Bran. They blinked for a second when the Bran mentioned the huge fish was a snack! A snack for what?! Zee didn't want to know. Figuring they were silent long enough, they spoke up. "Hey, Bran. I'm Zee." They gave no indication of offering a handshake, nor receiving one, though that was probably due to their hands being full, one holding the basket, the other holding a beat up wallet, fingers pulling a card out. Ah... That wasn't their's... They'd just have to pay thier mom back.

DovahBeat DovahBeat
Veil Walker Veil Walker

John Doe Langley

Doe placed his now empty cup into the sink. He poured the remaining tea into a pitcher he found in one of the cabinets. Jasmine Iced Tea didn't sound that bad. It might be a bit cold for that type of drink but at least he wasn't pouring the whole pot down the drain. What a waste that would be. After putting away the pitcher and washing out his cup, Doe started back towards the laundry room. He needed groceries, sooner than later. He wasn't about to eat candy for dinner tonight. Doe glanced over at Albatross, who had sprawled herself out on the nearby couch cushion. He clicked his tongue at her.
    "Do you wanna come, girlie?"
    He asked the cat. Albatross raised her head and stared at Doe for a moment. Finally she stood up and arched her back to stretch. The cat leapt off the couch and trotted up next to Doe. Her side brushed affectionately up against his leg.
    Well, guess that answered his question. He bent down to stroke Albatross's back.
    "Alright, lets go then."

Thankfully, Sequoia's shopping district wasn't that far of a walk. It only took Doe a few minutes to reach the metal gates, which automatically swung open when the sensors detected his approach. He slowed his pace as he approached the buildings. As he browsed the buildings, one in particular caught his eye, 'Third Eye Books'. He stared at the tiny bookstore from across the street. Something there seemed to call to him, he wasn't sure what or why. Doe forced himself to look away. He couldn't look right now, he needed to stay focused, or he would forget about the task at hand and wind up going home empty handed. Doe turned his attention to the general store, the place he actually needed to be. He enter the store not too long after Bran had. He silently stepped around the group that had gathered by the checkout, and and gave the store clerk a friendly wave before ducking into one of the nearby aisles. Did he even know what he needed to get? What did he want to eat...

Doe was too occupied with his shopping to notice Albatross had snuck back to the front of the store, where Strunmir was, holding the biggest tuna she had ever laid eyes on...

Last edited:
Abraxas gave a big smile and a nod at the mention of thanks. He was having a bit of trouble reading Macey. Not that he had EVER really been good at reading people, but with Macey it added a new layer of complication. The small mage thought life was complicated enough without adding more to it, and made a mental note to figure out a lightweight glamor for the skeleton. He laughed at the request, plunging a hand into one of his numerous pockets. He frowned, changed pockets two or three times. He had taken the idea from a fantasy trope known as a Bag of Holding, but he had added too many pockets to this outfit so finding anything ended up being a pain. He really should look into a sorting system of some kind, but that sounded too much like more bureaucracy. He had enough of that just dealing with Council business. Finally he grasped what he was looking for, and with a triumphant shout of
"A-Ha" he withdrew a substantial gold brick. He plunked it into Macey's hand with an effort.
"Ha, should have asked for Palladium. That stuff's WAY more valuable. Rookie move, Baines!" He looked at the skeleton as though this was some old joke he'd been doing for years.
"Boss, you can't just give people bricks of gold."
"Sure I can. I'm RICH," he giggled, waving Macey toward their waiting house.
"Don't spend that all in one place, okay?"

• Strunmir adjusted the fish in his hands so he could take Bran's in a handshake. "Strunmir Arnulf. A pleasure to meet you, Bran. There was more tuna unless someone else somehow snuck away with them all."
    Then, he suddenly felt eyes on him that weren't accounted for. Glancing down, he noticed the little black cat eying his tuna. That was a bit strange, cats usually were scared of him on account of being a dragon. This cat must've really been desperate for his fish.
    "Shoo, go away. This is mine." He told the cat, holding the fish away from it.
    He then managed to pull out his wallet and pay Hank for everything he had come here to buy.

Blaklyte Blaklyte Veil Walker Veil Walker Indigo Knight Indigo Knight

Evelyn

Interactions: Veil Walker Veil Walker (Abraxas)
Mood: Excited

As Abraxas handed over another key to another future resident, the telltale rumble of a motorbike engine cut through the relative awkward silence and peace of Broken Sword, coming to a halt in front of the group ammassed. It's rider was difficult to make out, covered entirely by various clothings, including a bright denim jacket with a rotten cherry blossom on the back, the words "Fang Shui" printed over in stictched red letters. The rider's face was also covered, a large open face helmet with a large tinted visor hiding the eyes, similar to that of a fighter pilot. The lower face was also covered by a bandana, a flora print stretching down across the figure's mouth and neck. With a flourish, the figure stepped off of the bike, brandishing a parasol and raising it into the air above her, but there was no rain to be seen. Once in the shade, which seemed to be much darker than expected under the umbrella, the figure lowered the bandanna and raised the goggles, revealing a pale woman.

To say that Evelyn's trip had been interesting did not do it justice. She'd gotten lost once, had 2 bites to eat, then 1 BITE to eat, and she'd seen a giant thermometer! which had made her nervous about the california temperature but it was still very impressive nonetheless.. Still, when the Broken Sword details had arrived on her doorstep 4 months ago, she'd jumped at the opportunity for something new, among some people who might also have an idea of what life was like for her. For them. Whatever. She vaguley recongised the man from the pictures she'd been sent. "Broken Sword? It's Evelyn Fitzgerald! We spoke on the phone!" the woman said with a smile. "Sorry I'm late, I lost track of time,"

Abraxas felt the change in the environment even before the motorcycle rumbled into view. Melek would be so PISSED, but he needed Evelyn to be here. Feathers and customs would be ruffled, but some things were more important. He just hoped there wouldn't be a vamp war in his streets. Well, if it happened, Abraxas knew how to respond. He just was banking on not having to do something like that. He watched Evelyn carefully for a moment, but then he squinted in concentration. He lowered at least fifty wards, before holding his hand out to her. The last thing he felt was fear.
"No, Evelyn. You're not late. I honestly expected you a little later. Please let me make your move in a little easier." he then flicked his other hand up, brows furrowing as he concentrated. Suddenly the world within a certain distance became darker and darker. A sharp observer would not that the light darkened within a dome shape nearly a mile around.
"Allow me to present your key." He dug into several pockets, muttering something about a sorting system before pulling out a crimson key. The head was two bats drinking, a slow flow of something crimson slowly flowing down the length of the key. Despite the flow, the blood only seemed to pool on the prongs of the key.

• Today was the day. It was the day he had been waiting for ever since Tilly had come up with the idea. Abraxas adjusted his hat and checked on his cookies... by trying one. Just the right level of chewy. Perfect. He tucked his basket full of cookies under one arm, and checked his hat was on straight. He had gone for a more subtle look. Even in fall, it was still too muggy for him to be wearing his full Council robes. He had opted for a simple black T-shirt that read 'Normality Is A Lie' in bright purple letters, and some loose green silk shorts. His shoes were black with buckles. For his hat, he had opted for a large velvet pumpkin with a small gold crown in the middle. He adjusted it once again, and then headed out toward the main pavilion where a large white awning had been stretched up, with simple wooden tables and chairs underneath it. He set his basket down at the appointed food station and checked on some of his preparations. He could only hope people liked the entertainment for the evening. Flopping in his seat at the head of one of the tables, he nervously fiddled with his hat. His foot tapped as he anxiously awaited the arrival of his guests.

Zee groaned as they climbed from the counter to the floor, grabbing aluminum foil from the top of the fridge. Why didn't they ask for shorter appliances you may ask? Definitely not because Zee's intimidated by the mere thought of asking for stuff... Their hoodie now sported chocolate stains from a fallen plate of brookies. "Damn it." At least there was still a full pan cooling on the stove. They sighed, sticking the containers of sliders out of their hoodie pocket and accessing the damage.

After a concerning amount of curses, stain scrubbing, 5 second ruling (they mopped their floor before this, thank you very much,) and foil, Zee was finally out the door, balancing 2 still steaming pans of brookies. Sadly the stains were going to stay until they actually washed the hoodie, so they opted for a messenger bag slung over their shoulder. There was a concerning amount of craft stuffs still in it, and glitter clung to the fibers, hopefully staying off the food.

As Zee approached the pot-luck, they slowed to a near crawl. 'Please don't tell me I'm the first one here...' They placed the food down in their respective places, silently thanking whatever higher power they could think of (yet didn't believe in any of them) that no glitter was in sight on the containers. Blue lidded for the vegetarian, and red for the meat. While Zee disliked the texture of most meat, they wouldn't deny that the smell of the cooking burgers made their mouth water. Or was that the brookies baking? It was hard to tell. All they could do now was hope people liked their cooking. They sat down in a corner of the yard, only half noticing the man across from her as they tried to remain unnoticed. A noncommittal noise the only indication he was seen.

Veil Walker Veil Walker

• Strunmir had spent the day preparing the giant tuna he bought. He had initially planned on keeping it all to himself, but since it was a good size and the potluck was upon them, might as well share it, right?
    He grilled the tuna with lemon and garlic, already having flayed it and separated the meat from bones and into good portions for most people. Most people being people with stomachs around the size of a mortal human's.
    After all the cooking was done and packaged carefully onto a large tray, he set off in glamour towards the potluck.
    He spotted Zee there, offering her a smile and a wave as he put down the tray of grilled fish in the designated area.

Last edited:

John Doe Langley

Doe placed a set of glass containers onto the table. After his single trip to the grocery store, Doe wasn't seen again for another week. Most of that week was spent cultivating as many plants as he could to prepare for the grand opening of his Flower Shop. He was nearly ready to open, all that was left to do was to let people know that his store existed in the first place. He already set up a few handmade fliers around the neighborhood, but it was just that, a few. He was hesitant to post any more than 2-3 fliers in the neighborhood. He didn't want to shove advertising for it in everyone's faces. Maybe he could post some fliers around town also, though, that would have to wait until tomorrow. It was too late to go anywhere now. He found it little strange that they were hosting a potluck so late in the day, were they catering to vampires..?
    Doe began unpacking the containers, one contained a large, hearty salad, containing berries, various edible flowers, lettuce, carrots, tomatoes, and other delicious veggies, all topped with a poppy seed dressing. Doe would have added walnuts, but he wasn't sure who or if anyone had allergies, so he opted to leave them out just in case.
    The second container was... another salad. Ambrosia salad specifically, a sweet desert made with fruits, marshmallows, coconut and whipped cream. He ended up making a lot of Ambrosia for the event, mostly to use up a portion of the sweets that Abraxas had supplied him with. He was definitely not going to eat through all that candy anytime soon, might as well find someone who will.
    The last 2 containers held drinks, fruit punch to be exact, also made with the overly sweet ingredients Abraxas left with him (mostly soda, juice and icecream). One of the containers had a large label slapped onto it, written in big, bold letters it read, 'ALCOHOL: PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY'. Though the label served as a reminder for all residents, Doe had put it on there mostly as a reminder for himself. Not that he would drink uncontrollably. The label was so he didn't forget which one he put the champagne in and accidentally drink from the wrong bowl. He hadn't had alcohol since...
    ...he couldn't even remember if he had ever drank alcohol before, he wasn't sure how it would affect him, but he wasn't about to figure that out now. Not at a party with people he barely knew.
    Once Doe had finished setting up his dishes, he moved to sit at a nearby table, it looked like he got here a bit early, most of the neighborhood had yet to arrive... He hoped it wouldn't be too crowded.

Evelyn

Interactions: Blaklyte Blaklyte (Doe)
Mood: Excited

As a creature of the night, there is always two options. One is to absoloutley play up the dramatic goth inside and serve bloody meat and wine so red that...could it be...blood? But Evelyn had done that before, and had spent most of the 1930s in black flapper dresses with a rich cabernet in a relaxed hand. Now was the time to make friends, so she had elected to go for something a little more daywalker friendly. And she owed it to them at least, since Abraxas had spoken to her specifically to let her know the event had been moved for her. She'd tried to explain it wasn't necessary, that she had taken enough precautions to go out during pick sunlight if she needed to, but it seemed the man wouldn't take no for an answer. It was almost too kind. Some spicy halapeno poppers stuffed with cheese for those who were brave enough for spice, and there was a substantial amount. For the less heat inclined, she had also made some with sweet peppers, helpfully marked on the tray with a little icy snowflake symbol, contrasting the halapeno's sun on fire sign.

But the real star of the show was her drink selection. 4 drinks that she had made some of in advance, though, in an attempt to get people to speak to her, she hadn't told them what any of them were. One was a sparkly, short glass drink that whirled with colour of caramel and seemed to have some kind of...glitter inside. There was a tall glass with a deep purple colour, ice poking from the top and a striped straw, and the third was very clearly a martini. She began setting down her things on the table, bumping into a taller man who had just finished setting down several salads, the drinks lurching forward as she caught them. "Woops!" She exclaimed, bending her knee to steady the tray. "That could've been worse huh?" She asked absently, dropping her goods on the table. "Please drink responsibly, ha!" She laughed. "Is this yours?"

Bran was running late, as usual. The meat had taken longer to smoke than he had counted on, and it made him wonder about the quality of the meat. Still, he had gotten his trays together, strapped the barrel to his back and made his way to the potluck. He set down his goat nachos and vegetable kebabs, and carefully unstrapped the large barrel of Flaming Blood off his back. He set it and a set of pewter mugs off to the side, and carefully took a seat. The chair gave a groan, but it held his large bulk. He resolved not to shift around too much. He was heavier than even his large size seemed to imply, the result of his dense bones and skin and it made any chair not built by him a bit of a nerve wracking endeavor. He gave a large grin and a wave to Zee, who he realized was the only person here he had interacted at all with. Well, tonight was the perfect opportunity to get to know his new neighbors and make some friends in the area. The last week he had been busy getting his smithy and workshop set up that he hadn't had any time for socializing. He looked around him, giving a nice smile and a wave to those who had shown up. As he turned, the chair gave another startling groan, before yielding to the inevitable. With a sharp crack, the seat broke and dumped him down onto the earth with a ground shaking thump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back