• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy BREAKERS - superpower characters in a group playing in a tournament-like game against controlled ene

Ranix Aurus

Languishing in Progress
Roleplay Type(s)
That's a long title, right?

The basic setting, in list form!

• Environment: modern 21st century world

• Characters: humans with superpower ability called "glitch", which allow them to break the natural rules of the world

• Background: our characters are people who awakened their "glitch" ability. There's no set reason of activation (you can speculate about the reason though), and it can activate at any time of the character's life. The only similarity is that each awakening was accompanied with a sight of a blue bird passing through. After the blue bird had disappeared from sight, your character acquired the ability.

• Plot progression: for now, your characters have been living with that power for a while (just a few moments ago? for months? for years? since birth? your choice). While they know they have such strange ability, they don't have any good explanation of why they were chosen. Then one day a character (an NPC I'll create) appeared to your character and whisked you away into a pocket dimension, alongside with other people (everyone's characters). The explanation is that they are made into a group in order to play a battle game using their ability. The game is just trying to survive and destroy the opposing enemies. If they manage to clear all stage of the game, the group will be granted one wish.

• Choosing ability: there's no real limit to what the ability would be, although it's supposedly unique for each character so the theme should be specific (for example, ability to erect a barrier). Different people can have similar ability though if you want. If it's too diverse, I'll ask you to make it more specific. But when you create the character and ability, I will apply a limitation for that ability, based on how it works. The limitation will be discussed by us before being finally decided.

Some more things people might ask and maybe will be better if I explain now?

1. Are we going to be only one group? Depend on how it will go. You can break off the group and be on your own. Split the group. Join another group on the whim, as long as the other members allowed you to. Basically the only requirement for a group is "there's at least one member in that group"
  2. Can more than one group win? The winning condition is "survive until final stage". Only one group can win the prize, but each group can only get one wish. So a large group will have to compromise and choose one wish that will benefit them all. A wish can affect everyone or just one person in particular, but the content of the wish can only be one thing.
  3. How should I position my character? Up to you. You can fight against other characters if you want, but please discuss it among yourselves beforehand.

Eh, cliche tropes. Something like this. Anyone interested?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm interested, but I have a couple questions:

1. Are the 'enemies' in the game Monsters, or other people?
  2. Is the 'game' like a video game (with quantified stats and such), or the equivalent of the Hunger Games on steroids?

Hmm, some interest. I'll wait for 1-2 more people then I'll start it  :D

@Ensig

1. Main enemies are monsters designed just to kill the participants. They can be thought of as unthinking robot. Participants (other players) are free to fight each other though.

2. No need for stats, yeah like hunger games. On steroid. A fantasy-type Gantz maybe.

Anyone interested can come here and start formulating your CS. Links to other places will be supplied there in the first post as well

Last edited by a moderator:
still open,just barely started. If interested can just head to CS. Other links are there 

BORKUS LAZORUS ADMINISTRATUM

Bork Lazer: HONAH, WHERE IS MAH SUPAHSUIT!

Bork Lazer Assistant: What?

Bork Lazer: WHERE IS MAH SUPAHSUIT?

Bork Lazer Assistant: I....uh..put it in your large closet.

Bork Lazer: WHERE?

Bork Lazer Assistant: Why do you need to know?

Bork Lazer: I NEED IT!

Bork Lazer Assistant: No, sir. I recommend you don't. This is a unhealthy obsession with other RPs that you're growing. May I suggest focusing on your current hosted pro-

Bork Lazer: THIS ROLEPLAY NEEDS ME!

Bork Lazer Assistant: Your hosted project needs you!

Bork Lazer: HONEY, DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO AND WHAT NOT TO DO! WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE GREATER GOOD!

Bork Lazer Assistant: Greater good! Sir, I AM YOUR FUCKING ASSISTANT. I AM THE GREATEST GOOD YOU ARE EVER GOING TO GET!

So, yeah..., I'm interested. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back