• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Break the Chains (Fantasy/Sci-Fi Hosted Project To-Be)

I would suggest divergence from this train of thought. The chances of this situation occurring as of now are extremely slim at best.

Well rude, you don't have to go all :/ On me.

And that isn't even my idea, I based mine off of yours on the fact that there was an artifact, that's it. Everything else from my idea may have to do with robots, but it isn't an exact copy of your idea thank you very much.

I would suggest divergence from this train of thought. The chances of this situation occurring as of now are extremely slim at best.

Look what you've done, you ruined the chances of me getting to do my idea. >:/
Now I'll probably have to play a boring old human instead...

All you all have to do is simply sit back and wait for more information to come in.

Then we can go in detail about characters and whatnot.

Seems like things are running a hair rampant. Many apologies for the slow updates, the week is proving mildly unforgiving.

On the topic of an AI being recovered; The chances of recovering a unit would be extremely slim, doubly so for a functional one. Though the concept of it is mildly pleasing. If the scenarios check out and AI are allowed, just know they will have perhaps the biggest disadvantage of anything. After all, alien tech is beyond even their understanding, and now there is no tech around to keep them maintained. (That, and they probably won't even know how to work with the revamped humans.)
In plain terms. The more people that want an AI unit, the greater it will be nerfed, if it does make it.
Otherwise, wait until further notice. If you want a relic unit, then it is best to message Exanis and I. The clearer of an image you can provide of what you want, the easier it might be to figure out a middle ground. Just know, it is highly likely that the unit won't even know their origin.

As for the Shapeshifting; Unlikely at best. The aliens made sure to wipe out practically everything that gave humans an edge. That's why relics will be an extreme rarity, before even debating on AI being present within the equation. As for being frozen, that is a solid negative. No individual will be allowed to recall the events of seven hundred years ago clearly. If you want a type of hybrid, do as was instructed for the AI. Gene splicing could very possibly have been a thing during the pre-era. Give us a very clear cut image on what you want. But do know that it will be an extreme rarity and have a severe disadvantage.

As for being an alien; There will be a need for players participating as aliens. But, that likely won't occur until a later date within the story. Human-Alien interaction (peacefully at least) will be quite limited until a few bridges are crossed. This is due to the fact that it will be an evolving plot. What does that mean? You, the players, will heavily influence the story with your choices using frequent events.

Concerning relics; Relics will 100% be a part of the story. More so, they will be quite powerful elements to tamper with that could very well change how a human works completely. If you want your character to be unique rather than 'just another human', then patience may be required. But trust me, there will be a chance. Who is to say that alien tech didn't meld with the old civilization in a place or two?

Just remember, this is close to a thousand years of humans being treated as animals by a superior race, without proper methods of record keeping.

Last edited:
I'm calling the ancient robot AI relic right now, so screw y'all who would try to memesteal my ideas! >;3

As for my idea, it included another concept of the story altogether that I had hoped to PM you about so we could discuss if it could, or would, even be feasible.

As for my idea, it included another concept of the story altogether that I had hoped to PM you about so we could discuss if it could, or would, even be feasible.

Are you talking to me here? Quotes and/or tagging would be useful in these situations.

The "cage" in which the humans are trapped in is the planet itself. All those aliens just keep an eye on them from the outside, and due to the way human technology was destroyed the climate itself has also been ruined to such a degree that it can only be considered scarred which only adds to the planet being their jail.

Not to mention there may or may not be a few creepy crawlies hidden here or there that didn't exist before this all happened.
I was going to throw my hat in right away,but the climate is iffy. When you say the the climate was destroyed, what is the current situtation exactly? Because if its going to be a believable human society which was blown back into the dark ages, then surely they would need an environment where they can grow food or hunt food. But if the climate is " destroyed", how are they supposed to survive?

I completely forgot this weekend was Easter weekend. Have to hate the holidays.

So when do we get links? Cs sheet? I need mY FIX BRO-
Probably on Monday, the holiday buzz is consuming my time, so Exanis may very well be flying solo 'till then. That is, if they are not busy themselves for the weekend.

I was going to throw my hat in right away,but the climate is iffy. When you say the the climate was destroyed, what is the current situtation exactly? Because if its going to be a believable human society which was blown back into the dark ages, then surely they would need an environment where they can grow food or hunt food. But if the climate is " destroyed", how are they supposed to survive?
This isn't so much of a 'happy go lucky' place. The world consisted of mostly technology, and with the population rate of that time it wouldn't be hard to say there was little 'nature' left to begin with. If you rip that out, then what's left is basically a scarred, barren land mass. That, and you have to deal with whatever radiation may be present on the alien technology that set us back. Sure there will be more fertile grounds, but any control humans may have developed to alter the climate for themselves are gone.

The population is roughly a fifteenth of how it was, and the lands are beyond difficult. Due to this, and the collapse of 'humanity' it's more like a fight for your life game. It wouldn't be strange to say people make a living of banditry and the like.
Then again, not everything has been ironed out quite yet.

So you're putting people in a medieval fantasy without a way to sustain themselves?

Sorry can't do this, but good luck ironing it out

Creepy crawlies? RADROACHES??? Lol anyway I'd love to join this. The lack of sustainability does pose a problem though, but I will give it a go. Could thing my medevial history is god awful lol. They had miniguns that could fire 6000 rounds a mimute in the Dark Ages, yeah?

Creepy crawlies? RADROACHES??? Lol anyway I'd love to join this. The lack of sustainability does pose a problem though, but I will give it a go. Could thing my medevial history is god awful lol. They had miniguns that could fire 6000 rounds a mimute in the Dark Ages, yeah?
That's the funny part. It's only the human race's technology that's set back. Still have to deal with the aliens. Probably even a few trades here and there for resources on the more peaceful groups. There are countless ways to survive, just shouldn't be a vegetarian. We even get bonus shipments of creatures from other planets. Remember, this isn't quite medieval fantasy. This is Sci-Fi Fantasy

Not really that stupid to leave off an economy of sorts. But, seeing as one might think we are, I don't mind too much.

One would suppose canabalism might be popular if there's all these people running about and not a lot of produce.

Good thing I'm not made of meat, eheheheheheh...

One would suppose canabalism might be popular if there's all these people running about and not a lot of produce.

Good thing I'm not made of meat, eheheheheheh...
Only the strong survive after all! You have to wonder how many people died within the first couple of years due to their reliance on technology.

Yes but my assumption is that since we have no real technology human wise, we have no conventional ammunition production as a result. Another poorly made joke by yours truly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back