• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Borderlands: The conjugal visit OOC

Characters
Here

cfavano

Borderlands: The Conjugal Visit

Eh, whats this? You want Marcus to tell you another story about Vault Hunters? Well, I was getting tired of telling these stories, but there is one I never told anyone. One that most people have forgotten. Where strange heroes from faraway worlds all joined together on Pandora to once again save the universe. Why did most people forget it? Agh, shut up will you, and I'll tell you. It all began one full
moon.

Start fancy borderlands intro video set to a rock song while also showing off the characters:

[video=youtube;sdOLFtk9joI]

Welcome to Borderlands: The Conjugal visit. This is a crossover rp set on everyone's favorite planet in the ass end of the galaxy, Pandora. If you have never played a Borderlands game, where the hell have you been for the last decade or so? It's only one of the most revolutionary FPS games in history, and probably helped revitalize the genre what with its millions of randomized guns. But you haven't come here for me to shill to you. This game takes place in an alternate timeline from the games. During the battle with the Destroyer at the end of Borderlands 1, the Vault Hunters died. Jack never rose to prominence, and thus, Zarpedon never tried to destroy Elpis.

However, what DID happen was, in the same vault that The Destroyer was in, a signal was sent out. This signal activated an ancient Eridian failsafe. You see, the Vault Hunters were not SUPPOSED to die, this timeline is wrong. The Eridians foresaw this possibility, and
created a fix. They created a vault, containing a device that would pull heroes from other universes to become he heroes of this universe, to fix the timeline and set it right. Much would be riding on these heroes, for if they failed...the timeline would be irreparably damaged.

Rules:

you know all the basic rules, I shouldn't have to repeat them, just don't be a raging dickweed and get along with everyone

But rules specific to this game:

1.The characters that are meant for this are Existing characters from published and established fictional universes. You can be an OC from some such universe, but you must also establish why an ancient group of precognitive aliens would choose them over, say, Luke Skywalker for example.

2. For the characters, you must choose one specific iteration of the character and stick to that one. Movie Luke, to use the example above, is very different from EU/Legends Luke. EU/Legends is significantly more powerful.

3. If you think picking a super powerful character will make this game super easy, as most enemies are human, think again. Part of why this device works is because it binds you to the physical laws of this world. Every hero is scaled up or down in power to fit in. SS God Goku won't be around to wreck planets, but also, someone from a non-combat world like Azumanga Daioh or other non action anime would still be able to survive.

4. Size of the character doesn't matter, they'll be scaled to human sizes, so if you wanted to be someone from say, Cells at Work, they'd be normal human size. However if they are normally larger or giant, you can have one of their action abilities make them big.

5. While the main focus of borderlands is the varied guns, some characters wouldn't use them, and that is fine. As the newest game's siren character shows (I can link the article referencing this if you'd like), a melee build is possible in borderlands, but it is high risk.

6. Leveling does occur in this game, but its milestone, not exp, and everyone levels up at the same time. Milestone means at certain story points. they will be fairly common so getting to level 50 is very possible.

7. Concerning action skills. Action skills are special abilities that are unique to characters. While older games limited you to one skill, the newest game gives you three, one for each skill tree, though the skills on the trees affect you no matter what one is active. These skills are varied, and can be active for 1-3 full rounds of posting, and have a cooldown of 3-6 rounds, depending on the power and effects of the skill. You can change your skill by using your action, but only if it is not on cooldown. You get your action skills at level 2

8. Skill Trees. Like in the game, each character has 3 skill trees, consisting of 3 rows of 3 skills, with a singular median between the fist and second and second and third, and a capstone at the end. These you make yourself, and each one represents an aspect of your character. they can have 1-5 ranks (each specific skill), and the more ranks, the bigger the effects can be. Eventually, by level 50, while not their full power, they are exceptionally more powerful than they are at level 1. To get to each row takes 5 ranks in that tree, and the medians are typically more powerful than the rows of three, with the capstone skill being a dramatically powerful one.

Character sheet:

Name:
Universe:
Race:
Class:
Equipment: (the eridians provide. you start with one basic melee weapon, an sdu, and an echo device)

Action skills:

SKill Trees: (spoil these)

Bio (provide link to wiki page if canon character)

Ork2.png

Name: Barbrippa Madclompa
Universe: Warhammer 40k
Race: Ork
Class: Dakkamancer
Equipment: Kustom Uge' Choppa, SDU, Echo Device
Action skills:
ARMED TO DA TEEF: The User gains an unlimited magazine for their currently equipped weapons as well as a vastly increased fire rate and multishot for their weapons, bullets also gain an explosive and ricochet effect.
DA OLD WAYZ: The User gains an extreme strength and speed boost combined with durability and regeneration but may not use ranged weapons for the duration of the ability. Each enemy targeted may be charged too directly to be melee attacked and has an increased chance to explode entirely or be flung backwards into other enemies as a makeshift projectile.
'ERE WE GO!: A Partywide buff that decreases the damage taken by those around and increases the damage given the closer to the enemy they are. Upon activation all shields, health pools and magazines are restored to full.

SKill Trees:
1582826006007.png
1582825964438.png
1582826039011.png

Bio: One of the most cunning and brutal Orks of the recent generation raising from a simple Mechgalz to a full-blown Dakkamancer able to make nearly anything explode whether intentional or note, as well as an accomplished Loota in there scavenging of scrap and weapons to turn into propper Ork weaponry. This is reflected in her physical statue having grown considerably despite their relatively young age and victories standing heads above those around them with an extensive supply of teef having gained them even more lootz.

(Quick CS. I will try and make skill trees later, its a bit hard doing something that isnt just copying another and making 3 classes is a bit much for some RP's, maybe just keep it to themes for those trees for simplicity sake?.)

Last edited:
I mean you can take skills from existing characters if you want. Its mostly just to keep with the theme of borderlands

I see you are also going with the old 2e or 1e 40k lore when there used to be female orks instead of asexual masculine.

Im mixing a bit of both honestly.
But yeah alot of the skill trees were +X% to a skill/damage type, -/+X Seconds to a CD/Reload when Y happens etc. Never found them particularly fun outside the odd single point ability that gave you a new function/feature.

Yeah so guess i can slap in a existing one and ignore it for the most part, seems a awful lot of work otherwise for something that really doesnt matter/get used.

I mean mix and match abilities from various characters. Its all about theming it is also a gauge of howbfar the story has gone

Ill past in pictures i guess, easier than coming up with 42 skills.

I copied the full trees and slapped them in since otherwise is far too much work for something that will never get used/doesnt impact anything.

I think the freebooterz tree would be more one of fake jack's trees since you arent doing a custom one

I honestly forget what each of those did, more just picked them for the names/images.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back