• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Boku no Hero: Peace Sign Academia Characters

Is it alright if I join? I hope so~ Haha.
Quote:
Name: Yoobin Oh

Nicknames: Binnie, Yoo

Desired Hero Name:
{S}

Chosen Extra Class:
Support

Appearance:
View attachment 324732

Hero Costume:
A navy bodysuit, coupled with white, heeled lace-up boots and white gloves. There's white-colored armor plating on the chest and shoulder regions, as well as on the stomach. There is also a red 'X' shaped tie around my neck. All in all, my hero costume resembles the stereotypical sailor image

Personality:
I have Asperger's syndrome, so that definitely plays a part in dictating some of my personality. I'm not too good in social situations, but I love to be in high-action places, as long as they're not too loud. I'm absolutely terrible with social cues and tend to interrupt on accident, but I'm trying to work on that. I'm unintentionally loud, especially when someone brings up something that I enjoy. I'm very kind and I love having my friends around. I hate for them to be in arguments, so I try to make sure that everyone is happy before myself, though that may be a bit of a flaw. I tend to get attached very easily, and always question whether someone that I know considers me a friend because I consider them one as soon as I meet them. I'm not too good with telling whether someone is making a joke or being sarcastic, though I use the latter heavily. Because of my Asperger's, I have a very low empathy quotient, and I tend to feel more empathy for animals than humans. This often causes me to appear apathetic to people's opinions or statements, and I often don't think my words through. People tend to get a bit mad at me because of it, even though I don't see much wrong with the way I react.

Warm Drinks
Water, though that's quite obvious, if you take my quirk into consideration
Cats

Dislikes:
Temperature extremes (too hot or too cold)
The feeling of being watched
People hovering over me when I'm trying to get things done
Loud, high-pitched noises

Fears: Losing those that matter most to me, what could be lurking in the dark

Mannerisms: I fidget a lot, mostly with my hands or by shaking my legs. It helps me to feel grounded and to concentrate on the task at hand. I also tend to break out into random dance, simply because I love doing it. Usually, if I'm doing anything, you can also hear me humming along to whatever song is stuck in my head.

Backstory: I moved here from Korea about a year ago. My dad had to take a new position at his job, so he moved my mom and me across the way to Japan. I was really nervous when I first came here, but I've grown to love it! It was a little sad to leave all my friends back in Seoul, but I had to mostly grin and bear it. I don't keep in contact with them much, considering they're busy and I'm busy, but regardless, I guess it was for the best. It was a bit of a culture shock moving here, not to mention the language barrier, but my love of culture and languages helped me push through.Even before I got my quirk, I had always loved water. I used to spend hours in the bath and that only increased when my quirk manifested.

Relationships: My mom and dad. I don't have any siblings. I would love to make new friends here, though!

Quirk: Aquatic Pulse- I can take water out of the air and manipulate it in its most basic state, liquid. I can control it to my heart's content, as long as it isn't part of a living being. Days that are humid give my power a little bit of a boost, and on dry days and in dry climates it can almost be nonexistent. However, using my quirk under any circumstances for more than 15 minutes at a time can leave me feeling very dehydrated. As for lifting it, I can carry about 4 pounds of water for 5 minutes, and the amount of time increases as the weight decreases. I hope to be able to get better at it and increase the time I can use my quirk as well as increase the amount of weight I can carry

Special Moves: Water Encapsulation- Just as it sounds, I can enclose myself and others in a bubble of water, as well as lift them or myself up in the bubble with it.

Items: Being the office supplies freak that I am, I brought a lot of notebooks and pens with me. I like to be prepared, so I usually carry at least a pen with me at all times.

Skills/Talents: I love both singing and dancing, as well as speaking 3 languages, and I'm also pretty good at doing makeup

Theme Song: Spring Day by BTS

Favorites: I love cats, and my favorite food is bibimbap, a traditional Korean rice dish

Idea Idea I finished editing it. How is it?

Accepted!

-How much damage does it take to break her bones? The same force as a normal person or is it sturdier and if so, what will break them? I ask cause this needs to be concrete and also because bones are more fragile than one realizes. It simply happens that they normally don´t suffer the whole impact because our skin and muscles pull a Noumou and absorb some of the shock.

-If she is pulling bones out of herself, and she pulls all the bones from a certain part, won´t that part become flacid and unable to move?

Students are only allowed to start with one special move
So I deleted the other special move, sorry about that :)

As for the bones, I have replaced hardening with them being able to become more dense so that they aren't as fragile and can absorb damage. I also gave a example of what kind of force could damage the bones.

Ya though that's mostly in the arms and fingers as that's where most of the bones have to be pulled out to work.

Name: Riba Hone

Nicknames: N/A

Desired Hero Name: Bones Marrow

Chosen Extra Class: Mentoring

Appearance:
bacbc92d19889f8cd692491a767d5694.jpg

Hero Costume:
-Riba's costume is a black sleeveless jumpsuit with a bone jaw covering the bottom part of her mouth. Along the sides of the jumpsuit are white rib like pieces and a white shoulder piece that extends from one shoulder to another, ending in a V towards the bottom of her chest only for aesthetic reasons. She also wears black boots which have grips to cling to surfaces when she brings out her bone claws and needs to scale something.

Personality:
-Riba is a straightforward type of person, someone who is mostly blunt and only sees her own goals over the ones of others. She doesn't go for believing something immediately and needs definite fact in order to see something as true. Riba is also a workaholic, working until someone either stops her or she finds no way to work. At every moment, she tries to act more mature than most adults and will get aggressive if she is treated like a kid.

A dominant emotions for Riba is seriousness and aggression. Riba will get angry even for the smallest things, like, something not being in the proper place can set her off. She doesn't put up with people who are mostly bubbly, giggly, or just immature. It will be shown too, as Riba isn't one to really mask her emotions to others and will tell them what's up. She will always work by herself if given the chance as she sees others as only pulling her down.

However, even a skeleton has a heart somewhere inside. Riba does have respect for heroes or people who work hard on their goals much like her. She shows love to her uncle though some of her affection can come off as aggressive or mean-spirited. She also has a soft spot for children, seeing them as who she once was, and will protect them before herself.

-Calm environments
-Reading
-Music
-Working on her own
-Children
-Working

Dislikes:
-Loud noises
-Noisy people
-Working with others
-Reminders of The Skillful Skulls
-People who look down upon her.

Fears:
-Fear of Failing
-Fear of Death

Mannerisms:
-Biting pens/pencils in times of frustration
-Slamming her head against something when she's angry

Backstory:
-Riba was born into a family of villains known as The Skillful Skulls. She was the youngest in the family and was going to be the next to one day lead the family but luckily, their time had run out and the group was taken to jail. This left Riba with the only family member who didn't join the gang, her quirkless uncle, Seth.

However, her troubles weren't over after her family left. At school, people saw her as a villain-in-training so many would bully her or use her as a way to look heroic. She didn't have friends as most would be 'saved' by others when they got close to her. She was always brought down by the others, each seeing it as protecting from the villain. Then one day, she finally said the words that put her life in motion. "I'LL SHOW YOU! I'M GOING TO BE A GREAT HERO." Ever since then, Riba studied, she trained her quirk, and did whatever it took to rise her to the top.

This constant working made her anti-social behavior and relying on herself more than others. She would pass her classes and would spend many nights studying. All her work payed off when she finally got into PSA, her goal was one step closer to being realized.

Relationships:
-Mother and Father: Riba doesn't have a great connection with her parents as she was taken away from them at a very young age. She does try to connect with them but it always end with their disappointment because to them, she's just another goody two shoes hero.
-Uncle Seth: Riba and Seth have a good relationship for the most part. However, it can get sour from time to time. This is because of Seth having to be a parent more then a friend and Riba trying to be her own person at such a young age.

Quirk:
-Bone: Used by The Skillful Skulls, this quirk allows the user to manipulate the bones in their bodies in multiple ways. For Riba, it allows her to use her bones as weapons and armor.

• The armor is created by her making her bones denser, while they don't reach the surface, they are close, making them like a inner suit of armor. While the bones can absorb a lot of damage, multiple hits with the equivalent of a sledge hammer(4 good swings) can wear them down and finally break them.
  • Weapons of her body are usually from her elongating or sharpening the bones in her body. These include claws, spikes from her palms, and even the ability to grow multiple spikes from different parts of her body, almost like a porcupine. This also counts to bone bullets, an attack that allows her to shoot bone from her hands like bullets from a gun.
-While both powerful attacks, each do have their own drawbacks. If Riba uses armor for more than 7 minutes, this will cause her bones to ache and become more sensitive to attacks. Her weapons aren't all powerful either as they can be broken easily since most are made for fast attacks, not heavy hitting. Bone bullets are the worst to use; the excessive use can lead to her actually deboning her arms until all they become just like paper. She can regenerate bone back but depending on the damage, it could take from mere seconds(simple cracks) to 20 minutes(entire arm).

Special Moves:
-Bone Porcupine: If Riba wants to go on the defensive, she can make her body create multiple spikes to protrude from all over. Making it very hard to touch her without cutting or stabbing yourself though this does weaken her and shortens the time of use to a minute and make all other attacks weaker.

Items:
-Skull keychain
-Old photo of Riba and Uncle Seth at a fair when she was 6
-Shoulder bag containing a laptop, school books, pencils, and pens

Skills/talents:
-Studying under pressure
-Hand to hand combat
-Singing
-Adaptable

Theme Song:
Favorites:
Other:
Approved!

Quirk: Kiss of Life is the ability to transfer life energy through a kiss, whether it's to steal someone's energy for yourself or gift yours to someone else.

As Sanpei is not adept at controlling the transfer, whoever is on the receiving end will find themselves feeling refreshed and clear-headed, and the donor tired, sluggish, and feeling foggy. This lasts until the energy is naturally expended by the receiver, and the donor naturally regains it through things such as rest, sleep, eating, etc.

Taking energy from two or more people can result in a temporary 5-minute boost in strength and speed in addition to the previous affects.

Life energy also depends on the donor- an athletic youth in the prime of their life would be more useful to take energy from than say, a sickly child.

Sanpei can also take energy from one person, and then donate it to someone else. As previously stated he is bad at controlling it, and still ends up sluggish and tired.

It is possible to receive too much energy and enter a manic-like state. In Sanpei's current state, he can't take energy from more than 3 people without it being too much for him.
There doesn´t seem to be any real problems with the CS, just need ya to add in a few more details, like how long a kiss produces what effects on himself and on others (what is the exact increment to his ability or that of others, what happens to the person the life energy was taken from) and most importantly, what is the upper limit of both of those effects (since I won´t be approving fatal quirks any time soon if I can help it)

There doesn´t seem to be any real problems with the CS, just need ya to add in a few more details, like how long a kiss produces what effects on himself and on others (what is the exact increment to his ability or that of others, what happens to the person the life energy was taken from) and most importantly, what is the upper limit of both of those effects (since I won´t be approving fatal quirks any time soon if I can help it)

thought i'd specified the first few (feeling clear headed and peppy lasts until you naturally expend the energy like you would if you just woke up feeling refreshed, whoever donates the energy is tired and sluggish until they naturally regain it through eating sleep etc, and any boost in strength or speed are 5 minutes tops.)

other than that now that you mention it im trying to figure out how id put a feasible cap on how much he could take from someone (since yeah that could be dangerous.) maybe the donor has to be conscious?

thought i'd specified the first few (feeling clear headed and peppy lasts until you naturally expend the energy like you would if you just woke up feeling refreshed, whoever donates the energy is tired and sluggish until they naturally regain it through eating sleep etc, and any boost in strength or speed are 5 minutes tops.)

other than that now that you mention it im trying to figure out how id put a feasible cap on how much he could take from someone (since yeah that could be dangerous.) maybe the donor has to be conscious?
donor has to be conscious or do you mean has to remain conscious?

DEA NOVEMBER
View attachment 324940

“‘Tis wonderful to meet new people, I think, even if they are but commoners.”

Desired Hero Name:
RANGER SHINING

Chosen Extra Class:
General Studies

Appearance:
Dea is 5'7" in height. Image is as depicted above.

(soon to be) Hero Costume:
View attachment 324939

Personality:
As a person, Dea carries herself with the air of an elite, confident, upright, and unwavering. She falters to no force easily, and presents herself as a pillar of justice and righteousness. She believes in tradition and honor, but has a penchant for eschewing those and written rules for her own independent opinions. Her love for tokusatsu shows shines through her actions of love and care for her allies and enemies, resorting to violence only where it is the last resort.

Dea was raised amongst the elite, and never had much of a social life outside the other kids in their ivory playgrounds. Fed daily with cutlery of silver, she has absolutely no idea how the common folk behave. As such, she comes off as rather condescending, even if she doesn’t mean to, with her language and behaviour. While she does not believe that the commoners are lower than she is, due to her father having actually worked his way up from the level of the common folk, she has a habit of referring to them as ‘commoners’. She doesn’t mean anything by it, but it just comes out wrong, no matter how one sees it. She also lacks the normal sort of empathy, reacting with a nonplussed look over something that might normally devastate a commoner (like losing your wallet or something).

For all her flaws in social etiquette, it is a rare thing to see Dea not meaning well with her actions. She often takes on a rather sisterly and maternal role in groups, advising on the most practical action to be taken, trying her best to keep morale and hearts high, and putting herself on the line ahead of her other compatriots. Even foes and enemies are treated as younger siblings by her- she will attempt to assist wounded personnel, no matter their standing. Similarly, she is not afraid to put her foot down and demand for manners and respect, not only for herself, but for others as well. She is seemingly fearless of anyone, and is more than capable of delivering a withering glare when she needs to. She comes off as a natural worrier, too, sometimes getting flustered and anxious about whether someone she knows is doing well or not. Furthermore, her inability to restrain herself makes her an outspoken individual, as well as an excellent choice to rally others to the banner of justice.

●Prime rib steak, medium rare.
●Company
●Manners. The more polite a boy, the more attractive she finds him.

Dislikes:
○Well done steak. ‘Degeneracy’ is what she calls it.
○People who like it well done. 'Degenerates' is another word for them.
○Disrespect
○Edgy and anti-social people. They really ought to, as they say, ‘chill out’.

Fears:
◎The loss of those precious to her
◎Dying, par the course

Mannerisms:
※Closes her eyes and makes a throaty ‘hm’ when deep in thought. Shares this habit with her father. She lacks his slow nod.

※Clasps her hands together at just above chest level when excited or overjoyed. Shares this habit with her mother, though her mother’s is slightly more subdued.

Backstory:
Deus was a foreign superhero who fell in love with a local Japanese supervillain when he came abroad on a request from a penpal. A classic romance story for the ages, to be sure, but not one for today. Both of them retired their capes and their day jobs to start a family and make amends by normal means.

As a result of his growing estate empire, Deus’ first and only child, Dea, was raised in an environment where things were done for her, and food was cooked to perfection. She was spoiled silly by her parents, and she was loved by both. She was raised to be the pretty, regal lady who had an air of nobility to her, masking her parents’ origins. Attending tea parties with politicians and other elites, going to high-key events, mingling with same said high-key individuals, this was a part of Dea’s regular life. Despite this, Dea never actually turned into one of those haughty nonces on the TV shows. As a matter of fact, due to being exposed to tokusatsu shows on television, she turned out to be the exact opposite. Her father was disappointed that his girl would want a hand in the hero business, especially after he worked so hard to get out of it, but her drive was infectious, and soon, he could only encourage her from the sidelines.

Kamui November nee Kagatsuchi taught her daughter everything from young, homeschooling her on every related topic that could be found in school singlehandedly and more. She was a capable woman, that fact cannot be denied. She was also quite puzzled at her daughter’s insistence to join the ranks of heroes. What lady had she been raising? Were her teachings just so inept that a mere television show would influence her daughter that much? Kamui worried, but Dea never turned out to be the tomboy that she was. She was a dignified lady, just one with a heart of burning fire.

Her dreams brought her to PSA, where she looks ever forward to becoming a hero worth mentioning in the books.

Relationships:
Deus November: Dea’s father. Finnish, and rich as all heck. Loves his daughter way too much. Used to be a superhero, before using his earned savings to start his own company. It only went uphill from there until he became the rich man today.

Kamui November: Dea’s mother. Japanese. Dotes on her daughter. Was a villain, but retired her cape when she met Deus. Her love for him is pure and all-powerful. Do not make moves on her man or she will destroy you. She is the one that tutored Dea on everything she knows today.

Quirk:
Shining Magnolia:
Shining Magnolia is an amalgamation of Dea’s parents’ own respective Quirks, namely to gain strength from the Sun and the ability to channel light and heat into a force of nature. Dea more or less rolled a natural 19 on the superpower lottery.

Shining Magnolia allows the user to absorb and gain temporary strength from the Sun and bright light, and subsequently channeling that light and heat into their extremities to deal damage in multitudes of ways. Dea is able to store said energy for an extended amount of time, about 2 days at most, allowing her to use her power even if she isn’t exposed to sunlight for a couple of days, or stockpile power from weaker light sources.

Special Moves:
Burning Heart! Magnolia Crater!: A powerful punch driven by the power of the Sun/light sources. Dea imbues her fist and arm with all the shining might of the Sun and punches forwards, producing a shotgun blast of energy upon contact or at the apex of her punch, blowing away anything in contact with it with the force of a fully-loaded truck speeding down the highway at 80 km/h.

Items:
N/A

Skills/talents:
Sommelier: She studied wine and their taste out of interest, and is fairly capable of identifying different wines, though not their age. She still needs more practice. She also has problems with cheap wine, mostly because she has never bothered to try one.

Economics: Has done a bit of reading in economics and has once or twice dabbled in it, with her father’s guidance and permission. Is skilled in predicting the flow of income and prices for seemingly useless things.

Piano: Grade 5 pianist. Pretty good at it, but not a professional.

Intelligent: Not a genius by any level, but she is well-learned and well-educated. It’s all hard work and good tutoring on her mother’s part.

Theme Song:

Favorites:
N/A (optional)

Other:
N/A

Almost perfect. The personality needs serious flaws (yeah, she is PERCEIVED as condescending and doesn´t really have the normal etiquette, but I struggle to see a situation where that can lead her to really fail and need to grow) and a small correction to the backstory, it´s not "super"heros or "super"villains. In the boku no hero universe hero is an actual profession, and it´s just that, hero. Villain is a type of criminal, and it´s not supervillain, it´s just villain.

donor has to be conscious or do you mean has to remain conscious?

would that be effectively the same thing or am i missing something >o<

would that be effectively the same thing or am i missing something >o<
Well, the first means that after sucking out the lifeforce the person no longer has to be conscious, while the second implies the person would still have to be conscious after the life force is sucked out. The first one limits the targets to people who are conscious, the second limits the end result of sucking out lifeforce

Almost perfect. The personality needs serious flaws (yeah, she is PERCEIVED as condescending and doesn´t really have the normal etiquette, but I struggle to see a situation where that can lead her to really fail and need to grow) and a small correction to the backstory, it´s not "super"heros or "super"villains. In the boku no hero universe hero is an actual profession, and it´s just that, hero. Villain is a type of criminal, and it´s not supervillain, it´s just villain.
k. will update in a bit

Well, the first means that after sucking out the lifeforce the person no longer has to be conscious, while the second implies the person would still have to be conscious after the life force is sucked out. The first one limits the targets to people who are conscious, the second limits the end result of sucking out lifeforce

ahh i see. i'll go with the second one. i'll edit the cs, then

Name: Shiri Itami
Nicknames: Twintailed Terror, Pain in the Ass
Desired Hero Name: Shuten
Chosen Extra Class: General Studies
Hero Costume: He doesn't think he needs one.
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 122lbs

Personality: Just as much of a hellion as his appearance would suggest, Shiri is a veritable blood knight of a boy. He lives and breathes the thrill of the battle, always dashing into the fray with a grin on his face, and with no intent in turning back. He is a fighter, a troublemaker, and a friend.To him, violence is the way the way the heart speaks, believing firmly that the heart is best spilled after your guts, laying exhausted on the battlefield where you and your foe can laugh freely, as equals. His egregiousness knows not the bounds of the battlefield, either. Casually, he is just as much of a menace, speaking and acting without filter to dole out whatever compliments, insults or any other acts that he deems fit. He even regularly dresses as a girl, just to mess with people.

His self-styled persona, as he puts it, is that of the 'Demon King' magnificent, unabashed, and shameless. He's indisputably arrogant, making light of the need to train his body, doing away with it completely due to his Quirk's easy access to physical strength. He'll not easily listen to advice, either, unless its giver can back him into either a mental corner, or dole out a physical beat-down until he has no choice but to sit still and listen. That, the way of the strong, is how he enjoys life. The greatest of people take, they command, and they prosper, and the rest have no duty other than making sure they don't fall. They can climb up, but with only sheer will and achievement, he believes luck to be nothing more than excuse doled out by those too lazy or incompetent to hoist themselves up. Those 'weaker' people aren't people he hates, but he definitely sees them as something less than the greatest of society at large.

In his heart of hearts, Shiri is a good person. To really infuriate him, and not just send him into wide-grinned battle frenzy is a task indeed, his becoming an existence of justice is something he wishes for from the bottom of his heart, and the concept of murder abhors him to his very core. But his air balloon of a head is only the first thing he's going to deal with before he can start calling himself one the best, let alone a proper hero of peace.

• 90's Action Movies
  • Cross-dressing. Specifically in different types of traditional garbs. Especially shrine maidens.
  • Hugs
Dislikes:
  • Magical Girls
  • Beggars
  • Quiet People
  • Prudish Folk
Fears:
  • Fire
  • Being helpless
Mannerisms:
  • He'll often fiddle with his twintails when upset, or let them down to pull at his hair in its entirety when something is really bothering him.
  • He calls people he disrespects "Chikin-kun", "Chikin-chan" and etc.
Backstory: What you'd call a hood rat, neither of Shiri's parents are rich people. A pair of dropout vigilantes, the two of them were hardly ever able to support themselves let alone their accidental, love child of a son. During his childhood, the family would scoot by on whatever change they could scrounge up, beat out of evildoers, or skiff off of people's goodwill, spending more nights squatting in the newly cleared hideout of some two-bit villain, than they did in their own run down apartment of a home. It was a rough life, to say the least, one that'd have most parents of good, or ill enough will dumping their unexpected son on some orphanage's doorstep.

But Odokuro and Ushi Itami were both too loving, and irresponsible to do that.

Instead of leaving the boy, hoping he'd find himself a proper life in the arms of some adoptive family, he instead became a common companion to them on their endeavors. During his infancy, his endless crying would be feared throughout the criminal underworld, for all the times his parents would schedule themselves a 'bring your child to work day' to skimp on a babysitter. By the time he was seven, he was already playing the role of their squire. When fighting villains, he'd be close behind, carrying whatever medical supplies they'd been able to scrounge, ready to distribute refreshments, and usually doling out a dirty hit or two, and when saving people he'd be right there by his side. The rambunctious child was with them always, the both of his parents too blinded by his wholehearted acceptance of their lifestyle to stop and consider the risks.

Their wake-up call didn't come from a villain, though, but instead a run of the mill rescue job. An apartment building had gone up in flames, and the Itami family who just so happened to be passing through the neighborhood dashed onto the scene. The trio made their way through the blazing building, going through their usual routine until the real heroes showed up and they made their dashing escape. Until the floor collapsed below Shiri's feet. Plunging through a patch of wood, rotting and further weakened by the fire, he plunged into the depths of the burning building, his parents only realizing what was going on when they heard his screams echoing down through the building's floors. In the end, they weren't even the ones who rescued him, an intrepid hero dashing onto the scene to whisk him away before they had the chance.

Ultimately, he came out of the experience without any permanent damage, but to his parents it was a rude awakening. That day marked their mellowing out, his father taking up the first job he could, working his way up the fast food chain to an eventual position of manager, and his mother breaking into her secret art skills to make the family a pretty penny on the market. And Shiri hated it. His parents had given up, in his eyes the fire and passion they'd once had for life had been put out, and it was all his fault. He tried for years to get them to give up their aprons and take up their capes, but found no avail.

So he'd take up the mantle himself, he decided. For months he tried to do so on his own, sneaking out at night to fight crime, always coming home either alone and beaten, or in his parent's tow, about to be scolded. It wasn't until a particularly rough experience that he realized he wasn't cut out for it. Sure, he was strong for his age, but he was inexperienced and the world would eat him up whole if he tried to take it on how he was now. It was just a matter of time.

It's for that reason and that reason alone he chose to come to Peace Sign. He'll forge his talent, follow in his parent's footsteps and leave, that is his goal. To reject the title of Hero, become a Vigilante, and continue their legacy.

Relationships:
  • Odokuro Itami - Shiri's father. The two of them love each other as a family should, but their relationship is strained, thanks to Shiri's rebelious streak. He can't bring himself to blame the boy, being the source of it himself, but really wishes he would calm down sooner rather than later. He hopes that Peace Sign will help Shiri but all his energy towards something productive, and stop him from dropping out like his parents did.
  • Ushi Itami - Shiri's mother. Both the more free spirited and stricter of the pair, Ushi is the one who wears the pants in her relationship. She and Shiri love eachother just as much as he and Odokuro do, but you'll see her scolding him much more often than his father. Forced him to learn calligraphy from her, and really wishes he'd stop cross dressing. At least for his more abrasive reasons. She's glad he's going to peace sign, but isn't as optimistic as her husband is about it, already having a whole speech prepared to get him to re-enroll if he ever tries to drop out.
  • Atusushi Junsou - A girl he teamed up with during the Entrance Examination. He's irrtated by her personality, and holds a minor grudge over a close call during the test. Either wants to settle things through a fight, or have nothing to do with her.

Quirk: Waste Engine - Shiri's body is completely immune to toxins, poisons, venoms, and any other substances that would do his body harm. He is even able to neutralize acids, so long as he is ingesting them rather than having them applied to his skin. The only exceptions to this are bacteria, viruses, and fungi. Further, he's able to take these neutralized substances and use them as fuel to invigorate his body and amplify his strength dramatically. He burns them as a normal human would fat and other essential resources, increasing his endurance, the fortitude of his muscles and bones, and backing his blows with explosive force, in his words "GOING BEYOND THE LIMITS OF MORTAL FLESH", though, that may be subject to some exaggeration. His mutated appearance is inherited from his mother, giving him the guise of the mythological, booze drinking oni of old.

His ability works something like overclocking a computer. The more he uses it, the higher his body heat will rise, and while he is more resilient to it than a normal human being thanks to the mutation he inherieted from his mother, it will eventually cause his to collapse from heatstroke if he doesn't somehow regulate his body temperature. Assuming he is drinking to his limit, and releasing all of the energy he generates as soon as possible, he can last around two minutes. Either by limiting his output, or through pacing himself by regulating his intake and release, he can sustain his ability indefinitely, but due to his habit for excess the longest he will usually go is around twenty minutes. At his maximum output, steam can be seen rising from his body. Waste Engine is also much less effective within his respriatiory system when compared to his digestive system. It still functions to some level, but like a muscle it needs to be trained to be of any real use. Currently it can only filter at ten percent of the rate of his digestive system- which functions perfectly- with anything beyond that capacity affecting him normally.

Armed with his club, and at his maximum output Shiri is strong enough to brake concrete, at a maximum of 30 cm thick. For reference, reaching this level of strength requires him to drink around three litres of waste, after this point, he need to consume half a litre a minute to keep his maximum output going. His body isn't tough enough to handle his maximum on its own, but he's strong enough to knock people through the air if he gets a good hit in. As wounding himself with every punch is beyond even him, Shiri normally only uses sixty percent of his maximum strength when unarmed, but he's not unwilling to use it all if he's in a pinch. His endurance is boosted to the point where he can take around one third of the punishment he puts out, but it will rapidly drop back to normal once his Quirk is deactivated, either by running out of waste, succumbing to heatstroke, or manual deactivation.

Special Moves:
  • Iron Club, BULLET - Shiri drinks as much waste as he can stomach, and then takes his club in both hands. Spinning on the spot until he's accelerated as fast as he can, he releases it with... Some level of accuracy, sending it speeding through the air like a bullet, hard and fast enough to pierce and shatter boulders.
Items:
  • He keeps various alcohols stashed in his room. He can't actually get drunk, so it's fine. Don't tell the staff, though.
  • A heavy iron club. Pictured above.
  • They got confiscated.
Skills/Talents:
  • Cross Dressing - His parents wanted a girl. He also just likes to screw with people, but he enjoys just wearing girlish clothing too. Though he isn't adverse to boy's clothing either.
  • Calligraphy - An unexpected talent of his mother's that he picked up and made his own. It's one of his only hobbies that doesn't involve violence, being loud, or just being generally egregious.
  • Finding punk ass law breakers to beat - He learned from the best.
  • Cheating - Essentially the only thing that he's got going for him in combat- other than being able to hit things hard- is his willingness to cheat. If he knows something he can take advantage of, he will, no questions asked.
Theme Song:

Attachments

• __original_drawn_by_m_da_s_tarou__sample-2b01be25e6cb68633df9194d7a0d03b9.jpg
    __original_drawn_by_m_da_s_tarou__sample-2b01be25e6cb68633df9194d7a0d03b9.jpg
    486.7 KB · Views: 470
Last edited:
W.I.P.
Quote: "Becoming a hero was a lot more of a pain then I thought it'd be, but I won't give up."
Name: Tao Joben
Nicknames: Spitball, Paper Cut, Paper Brain
Desired Hero Name: Captain Mummy
Appearance:
6b3eb6f7e3469e18a79acc2bc5e8f6d6.jpg

mummy_man_by_lotusmartus.jpg

He literally wraps his body in paper giving him more to work with. Over the paper he has a leather jacket, leather pants, and a captain's hat. The extra clothing keeps the paper dry and covers him should he need to use a lot of the paper.
If Tao was asked to describe himself with one word, he'd say "normal". He's decently athletic, and he'll gladly participate in sports he can still do. He's smart enough to get by, but he generally doesn't apply himself. Even when he accomplishes something impressive, he often downplays it dismissing as something "any regular guy" could do.

Tao's a very down to earth, relaxed guy. He likes to focus more on the here and now rather than the past or future. Due to this, he's surprisingly perceptive, and he will often stop and notice things others wouldn't. However, whether that thing gen notices is an important clue or a butt shaped cloud varies. Since he doesn't worry too much about the future, he's not generally one to plan ahead which often causes him a lot of unnecessary trouble.

Due to his rather layed back nature, Tao tends to lack passion and will just accept things that come his way. This also means he can be a bit of a slob at times, and his living quarters are generally a mess of organized chaos. However, he is dead serious about becoming a hero, and he will stubbornly fight over any obstacle that blocks his path to becoming one. While he's not particularly arrogant, he hates being called weak or useless. Anyone who calls him either will be lucky to not have a fight on their hands. One other thing he hates is being pitied, so he prefers so solve problems himself. This causes him to often perceive an act of help as an act of pity.

Other than that and comments about his family or friends, Tao is generally pretty friendly. He does his best to treat everyone with respect unless they give him a reason not to. However, he doesn't feel the same way about rules. While he's not a total rebel, he does view rules as "guide lines" rather than a strict code.

Despite being good at making friends, Tao tends to remain rather distant from them emotionally. This behavior stems from a fear of losing people he gets close to. He rarely if ever voices his emotions; he hides them behind a wall of jokes and sarcasm. That's why he'll often make jokes about his arm.
  • baseball
  • Horror and action movies
  • Romance movies (secretly)
  • Video games
  • Tempura
  • cleaning
  • studying
  • bullies
  • Squid/ octopus
  • Feeling helpless
  • Being called weak or useless
  • letting his friends or family down
  • Things with tentacles
  • Failing to become a hero
  • Losing those close to him
He likes to make and test paper origami animals when he's bored.
As soon as he was born, Tao's future was decided for him. His father planned on his son following in his foot steps and becoming a hero. Tao had no problem with this. Like most kids, he dreamed of becoming a hero, and at first he looked up to no man more than his father. Even when his parents got a divorce while he was still quite young, this didn't change. When he was little, he could never understand why his mother didn't want to be with his father any more. He grew up moving back and forth between their houses in joint custody.

Tao's want to be a hero increased after his first encounter with one when he was little. It was also his first encounter with a villain. On his way home from grocery shopping with his mother, they were attacked by a villain. This villain had some sort of quirk that gave him an octopus like body with tentacles. He took Tao's Mom hostage and was about to make an escape when a water themed hero named Captain Riptide arrived. He made quick work of the villain's tentacles with his high powered water jet blades. The guy was only a small time hero, and many saw his act as "corny" or "over the top", but to Tao he was the coolest hero to ever exist. Thus spawned his idea for a hero name (and his fear of tentacley things).

After he found out about his quirk, Tao was a bit discouraged. He didn't see how someone with such lame quirk could become a hero. His father was quite disappointed as well. While their marriage wasn't an arranged one, it was expected that their child's quirk would be quite strong due to their quirks (carbon shaping and plant manipulation). To cheer him up Hino drew a picture of them as heroes. In the picture, she was "Princess Hino", and Tao was her "Paper Samurai". She had said he could be her sidekick if he didn't think he could be a hero. While it cheered him up temporarily, Tao soon found himself discouraged again when people started picking on him. People in his class, particularly those who had stronger quirks, would make fun of him, and he would sometimes get beaten up when he refused to back down. They made up various insults one of their favorite being "paper cut" because they claimed that was the scariest thing he could do.

When Hino found out about the bullying, Tao suddenly found that they started avoiding him. However, by then the damage was done. The combination of bullying and pressure from his father had made him all but give up on his dream to become a hero, and he had instead planned on inherenting the restaurant like his father wanted. Hino did not give up his dream so easily; she begged and pleaded him not to give up, but Tao refused. He insisted he was just wasn't cut out for the hero business.

After that not much changed. Tao found more time to focus on his other passions cooking and baseball. Hino continued working towards her goal of becoming a hero. She even managed to get into a more prestigious middle school, so they hung out less often, but their friendship remained the same. In fact, they'd been such good friends for so long; their parents thought it was a given that they'd one day get married. When asked about this, Tao could only respond with crossed arms and a slight blush. Hino on the either hand would just giggle and say something like "I guess marrying a chef isn't the worst thing that could happen to a girl." It was obvious to most that their feelings went past friendship.

Sadly, fate had other plans. In her last year of middle school, Hino was diagnosed with Leukemia. There was some speculation that it might have been caused by her bone manipulation quirk, but one thing was sure. It was killing her. It was then Tao promised her he'd follow his childhood dream and become a hero if she promised not to give up. Then they could work together when she got better. Tragically, that day never came. Hino succumbed to the cancer, but she never gave up. This is why Tao enrolled. (Well that and he couldn't get into UA). Hino kept her side of the bargain; now he plans to keep his.
Father- Tao had a good relationship with both of his parents. However, his relationship with his father has become a bit strained due to his father's belief that Tao's dream is "unrealistic." His father values order, routine, and logic which is likely why his restaurant is so successful. Traits of both his parents can be seen Tao, but he hates being compared to his father.

Mother- Tao has a great relationship with his mother. Despite being a bit overprotective, she's extremely loving and supports him in everything he does. She believes that if Tao works hard enough he can accomplish anything. A free spirited person, she helps out in the restaurant but also dabbles in various forms of art. While she can be a bit of a ditz at times, she can also be quite wise, and she's always there for Tao should he need advice.

Younger Sister- Tao's sister is more similar to their father. Despite her young age, she views herself as the "responsible child", and she's quite intelligent. They often get on each other's nerves, but in the end they love each other, and Tao would do just about anything to protect her. While she'd never say it to his face, she thinks it's cool that Tao is going to a hero school.

Hino Satoko- Hino is a childhood friend of Tao. She's the reason he's pursuing his dream of becoming a hero. She currently resides in the cemetery of Tao's hometown. Whenever he visits, her grave is the first place he goes to.
Origami Master- it allows Tao to manipulate paper that he's come in contact with in the past ten minutes. He generally uses this quirk to make two forms of origami: static origami (takes a shape but does not move), and animated origami (moves at his will after shaped). Static origami can take any form that's not more than twice the size of the user. Animated origami has the same restriction, but it must take the shape of an animal. The origami will have similar strength and speed to whatever animal it takes the form of. The user cannot move while he's animating paper. This quirk can be deceptively powerful because Tao can also manipulate the composition of paper. By isolating the carbon molecules in paper, he can make paper extremely durable. Doing this does require more physical exertion on Tao's part. It's similar to flexing a muscle.
Paper Air Fleet- Tao makes ten paper airplanes. Each one is controlled by one of his fingers. When hardened, their wings become extremely sharp, and he can cut a foe by causing one to fly by. While they can't inflict particularly deep wounds, they add up over time. The strongest part of this technique is that it allows him to attack a foe from multiple directions.
Modern Katana: it was a gift from Hino on his birthday. He doesn't know how to use it, but he plans on learning how.
Laptop: A teen's best friend.
Cellphone: A simple flip phone nothing fancy.
Pictures: A picture of him with his family, a picture of him with Hino, and the picture Hino drew for him as a kid.
Poster boards: Tao always keeps poster boards folded up in his bag, so he's never unarmed.
Cooking- Tao is a wiz in the kitchen. Practically trained to cook from birth, he's able to cook several delicious meals with just a few basic ingredients.
Baseball- Tao's favorite sport. He loves playing it, and he's quite good. He also knows a lot of baseball related trivia.
Theme Song: I'll find something

Last edited:
[border]

Sei Ichiyama

• “I could study hard to get into a University and get a job or become a Symbol of Justice but… I don’t want to work myself to death just to live my life."

Name: Sei Ichiyama

Appearance:

79dae3c5f8f163ffcc71eaba0b30c115.jpg

Nicknames: N/A

Personality:

Sei is described to be a minimalist, someone who is satisfied with the bare minimum. He finds working beyond his natural limits to be a hassle and treats life as something to just be settled with. Much of his life was focused on the sole idea that working too much isn’t worth it and that he should only settle for just the requirements in life. At the same time he will always try to find enjoyment in his life as well as finding satisfaction with what he does which does not strangely clash with his minimalistic beliefs. The reason is because he separates the ideas of work and the pursuit of happiness as two different things. Seeing the world of heroes in action, Sei decided that he will stick to his minimalist beliefs but will also become a Hero in order to find meaning for himself. Heroes put themselves on the line for others, they also use their Quirks in ways unimaginable. To work toward that end feels like the perfect minimum for him.

On a daily basis, Sei is a by-the-books person. He prefers to keep to himself and talks when someone asks of him too. To rely on facts and what is actually feasible is one of his main assets in a day-to-day basis. In order to avoid problems, he does his best to please others since that seems to fare better than causing disagreements. When it comes to solving problems, he relies on only what he knows instead of his personal feelings. In a conversation he isn't the conversation starter rather he only responds when someone asks him a question. He'll try to answer with a straightforward answer in order to avoid any confusion. Sei is also strangely organized as he tries to organize himself in a simple and orderly manner. When asked to give respect he'll give respect; if he is asked to jump then he'll ask "how high?" Obedience is one of his notable traits as being obedient is one of the right things to do. He also finds it rather difficult to understand others as he only sees what's in front of him rather than what's on the inside. When it comes to emotions, he tries to hide what he is thinking. Even if he feels even a bit angry, he won't try to show it. While it's true he'll put up with just about anyone, it doesn't mean that he feels content about it.

Backstory:

Why is Sei a minimalist, one who tries to live to a bare minimum? It's a question that isn't on the minds of others but to answer this question one will have to go back to Sei's childhood. This all originated from his time spent reading books. There were books that weren't really for his age such as war novels and autobiographies. These particular ones gave him an early look at how life is generally unfair and cruel, especially to hardworking men. Besides the books, he would often head out onto the streets to see homeless men begging for money with cups, heroes being berated for their actions despite trying to protect the common citizen and etc. Eventually this would shape him to become a minimalist, someone who would only live up to the required amount. It is often noted that those who work for the top become the target of life's many obstacles. Why work hard to face intense struggle when the simple things in life are well simple? As he took on this new belief, others around him saw Sei as lazy, someone who doesn't want to work himself too much as long as things are done. Even his parents and older brother worried about Sei because they felt that he wouldn't be able to keep up his grades as well as make friends. Yet he manages to pull through in school with great grades and a healthy amount of social interaction with friends. Why? Because oddly enough this is what he believes to be the essentials, succeeding in school and finding an occupation he can be satisfied with.

Despite that he does have a sense for Justice. Even he sees the good and wonder of pro heroes, especially All Might who is the symbol of peace. To become a symbol of piece is an entirely large responsibility, something that Sei, himself, would never bring himself to do. Yet here is a man who is willing to do so in order to preserve peace and deliver Justice with a Texas Smash. In fact this very sense of Justice is what led to Sei helping out others such as his friends, family and simple strangers on the street. His very actions contradict his code yet Sei feels that what he is doing isn't breaking past his minimum requirement. There's no such thing as a minimal requirement for helping people is there? Sei had decided that he would one day become a hero of justice in order to help others during times of misfortune and disaster. He believes that even with life's unfairness, there can still be something done about it. Upon hearing the news that his older brother had become a pro-hero, Sei sets on out to join Peace Sign Academia to do the very same.

[/border]

Last edited:
Sei is described to be a minimalist, someone who is satisfied with the bare minimum. He finds working beyond his natural limits to be a hassle and treats life as something to just be settled with. Much of his life was focused on the sole idea that working too much isn’t worth it and that he should only settle for just the requirements in life. At the same time he will always try to find enjoyment in his life as well as finding satisfaction with what he does which does not strangely clash with his minimalistic beliefs. The reason is because he separates the ideas of work and the pursuit of happiness as two different things. Seeing the world of heroes in action, Sei decided that he will stick to his minimalist beliefs but will also become a Hero in order to find meaning for himself. Heroes put themselves on the line for others, they also use their Quirks in ways unimaginable. To work toward that end feels like the perfect minimum for him.

In terms of social skills, Sei is generally average. He has no problems with human interaction yet he won’t go out of his way to be the center of a conversation. Same really goes with how he treats everyone else. He won’t push himself to keep friends but that doesn’t mean that he doesn’t treasure having friendships.
The personality as it currently is is one dimensional. It needs expanding.

Why is Sei a minimalist? It's a question that isn't on the minds of others but to answer this question one will have to go back to Sei's childhood. This all originated from his time spent reading books. There were books that weren't really for his age such as war novels and autobiographies. These particular ones gave him an early look at how life is generally unfair and cruel, especially to hardworking men. Besides the books, he would often head out onto the streets to see homeless men begging for money with cups, heroes being berated for their actions despite trying to protect the common citizen and etc. Eventually this would shape him to become a minimalist, someone who would only live up to the required amount. It is often noted that those who work for the top become the target of life's many obstacles. Why work hard to face intense struggle when the simple things in life are well simple?

From the age of 8, Sei lived his life with the minimalist outlook in mind. He wasn't particularly known for any achievements in school but his friends do note of his expansive knowledge and observation. His parents, while happy that Sei is living his life the way he wants, are a bit worried about how his minimalism may present roadblocks for him in the future. It is also fitting that his Quirk is one that isn't flashy or "cool." So why did he choose to attend Peace Sign Academia where he will undergo intense training to become a hero? His older brother, Daigo Ichiyama, is a pro-hero and a person that he looks up to because of the fact that he found his place in life despite the hardships endured to get there. It was a general response: If my brother can be what he wants even after life's obstacles, then will I find a similar feeling? He will begin his new journey at Peace Sign Academia wondering if he can still live his life the way he wants despite the challenges as a Hero.
This backstory is entirely centered on minimalism, which is a problem not just because it is centered on a single factor, but also because if you took a survey right now I doubt that 1 in 10 people would know what minimalism even is. So, at the very least, please add some concrete actions that would lead to the kind of reactions you atribute to them reacting to minimalism.

"Turn up your music and drown out the world!"

Name: Ayako Grace Nagai

Nicknames: Aya, Miss Nagai, or Aka-chan (By her friends)

Desired Hero Name: {S}

Extra Class: General Studies

Appearance:

ayako_nagai_by_psychopathy1912-dbe2cnp.png

Ayako's facial features are soft and rounded with large, bright eyes and pale, porcelain skin. Her bangs fall short of reaching her eyes, and the ends are usually swept to the side almost as if a gentle breeze had brushed them out of the way. The longest lock of her hair reaches the middle of her back, barely grazing the small of her back. Aya's natural hair color is a rich brown with highlights of gold to reddish brown, and her natural eye color is a deep, emerald green. However, she is rarely seen without her eye contacts, and her hair is periodically dyed black. She's thought about dying her hair back to brown, but she doesn't have any plans set in stone yet. She weighs 90 pounds and stands at 5'2 and a half. Aya has a tiny scar on the edge of her lip, a faint scar on her right eyelid, and a few on both of her hands.

Both of Ayako's ears are pierced multiple times in both ears, and she can be seen wearing earrings roughly 90% of the time. She has a total of five piercings in each ear: an industrial, a standard lobe, an upper lobe, and a one between her lobe and upper lobe piercings. Most of the earrings she wears are black, silver, or steel gray.

Aya's casual wear consists of baggy t-shirts, loose sweaters, jeggings, and sweatpants. She doesn't like dressing herself up, so she sticks to wearing comfortable clothing outside of class. Besides, she doesn't have anyone to impress outside of school.

Desired Hero Costume: A traditional, raven black, karate gi that fades to lavender at the bottoms of the pants. Darker lavender, wispy swirls curl around the bottom of the pant legs and up to the shin of the pants before dispersing. The top's sleeves are quite long and get larger as they go down, just a foot or so from touching the ground. The sleeves themselves are fashioned to look like wings with each feather stitched with lavender thread to stand out, and they too fade into a soft purple, it's just not as prominent as on the pants. They may look cumbersome, but the material is very light, so it doesn't hinder her abilities. However, it does make a pleasant, fluttering sound when she moves around a lot. Much like the top's sleeves, a feathered tail is attached on the back of the pants that can be removed from time to time; the tail only has three feathers on each side unlike the top's seven. Tied around the waist of the outfit is a red cloth that fades to a soft yellow that is roughly 4 inches wide and 3 to 4 feet long. The cloth is a worn at the ends giving it a battle-torn look even though it's practically brand new. To protect her feet, Aya wears traditional Japanese sandals that have a black, cloth strap attached to the sole, holding her feet in place. A bird-like mask with a faded, dark purple beak stretched into a grin finishes off the look. The mask has swirled, upturned, yellow eyes with a mark of red above them almost like eyeshadow and the feathers covering it that are blackish purple in color. A few feathers situated at the end of its beak and above its eyes match the cloth tied at her waist. Ayako can see out of the mask's eyes and speak since the mask's beak can open and close like a ventriloquist's doll, even though the mask covers her face completely.

Personality:
Ayako isn't much of a people person. She prefers to keep to herself than actively make friends, but she isn't coldhearted or distant. Aya's just nervous around groups of people and enjoys her being alone every now and then. She rarely smiles around strangers mostly because she's mentally freaking out. However, if someone manages to speak to her and shows interest in something she likes, it's quite hard to get her to shut up.

She's indecisive and not good at working under pressure, making her a poor leader. Most think she's not suited to become a hero because of this simple fact, but she won't simply give up just because of someone's opinion. After all, she's still young and still has to learn a lot in life, so she has plenty of time to grow into a person worthy enough to become a hero.

Aya values her close friends and family over everything else, and she'd do anything for them. When she does get attached to others, she becomes quite protective of them, but nothing overbearing since she doesn't want to annoy her friends by constantly protecting them. She knows that her friends can fight for themselves, but that won't stop her from worrying about them.

At times, she allows her emotions to get the better of her. This can either be a good or bad thing depending on the circumstances. For example, she will fight harder for what she believes in when she's in if she's in a determined state of mind.

Despite her initial shy behavior, Aya is stubborn and will refuse to be helped if she believes that she can do something by herself, no matter how large the task. She's had arguments with others over the stupid things due to her bullheadedness. Despite this, she can and will back down depending on the situation and her mood.

Ayako hates to see others get picked on for being weak. She can't stand it, so she usually ends up getting injured when she faces off against those bullying others. Although, she doesn't fight back. In her eyes, it's better for her to get hurt than for others to be injured. These encounters usually end up with her in the nurse's office and being questioned on why she didn't fight back or just get a teacher. She has a few scars from a particularly bad fight in secondary school.

Finally, she is pretty laid back when she's not stressed out of her mind. She enjoys taking it easy and doesn't like being too serious. Aya is open-minded and not quick to judge. She's trying her best to be more social along with giving positivity a chance. All in all, she's making changes to herself so she can be a better person and a hero.

Likes: Cats, solitude (sometimes), music, scars, cool weather, her friends, and various fizzy, sugary drinks

Dislikes: Frogs, being alone in large crowds, essays, villains, bright lights, hot weather, and herself (most of the time)

Fears: The death of close family or friends, and pitch, black darkness

Mannerisms: Has a tendency to pick at her skin or crack her knuckles when she's nervous. She also picks at her nails frequently since she refuses to cut them normally.

Backstory: Ayako was at the young age of 10 when her parents informed her of some life changing news. They had decided to move to Japan, her father's mother country, so they could be closer to his family. Aya, of course, was not thrilled with the sudden decision not only because this was the first she'd heard of the plan, but because of how far away she'd be from her friends that she'd had since her first year at primary school. However, it could also give her the opportunity to make even better friends, and she'd be able to finally put her Japanese to good use with people other than her parents, so it wasn't all bad. After some mental deliberation, young Aya eventually gave in, and the family of three sold their home before boarding a flight to Japan.

Over the course of a few months, the small family had begun to settle into their new home near Kaito's family. Her father had picked up a job working as a technical translator for a product manager at a well-known food sales company, while her mother stayed at home to take care of Ayako. Her mother helped Aya with her rusty Japanese while Kaito was away at work, and in turn, the child would help her mother around the house. It was a peaceful little system, but that peace was short lived when Ayako had to enroll in a local school.

Aya had never truly enjoyed school, but she hated it here. She knew no one at her new school, and the kids assumed that she had a weak quirk since she never showed off her powers. She knew that it was distracting to have children demonstrating their quirks in class, so she kept to herself so she wouldn't get into any trouble. That only seemed to spur on the troublemakers in her class, though. But, everything changed when she made a few friends. Her newfound friends stood up for her and inspired her to stand up for others. That day she swore to herself that she'd return the favor by standing up for her friends just as they had done for her.

Years later, Ayako finally gets the chance to see if she can achieve her goals by applying to a new school that had been funded by U.A, a prestigious school for students who wanted to become heroes. She knew that U.A was too far out of her reach since her father made just enough to keep them happy, and she couldn't ask her mom to get a job just so she could get into a school that she thought was too intimidating for her. Besides, a few of her friends had already applied to P.S.A, and the school couldn't be too scary with a name that literally had the word peace in it, right? Even if Aya wanted to, she doubted that she could rescind the application she'd sent in. Time to find out if she got in or not.

Relationships: Evelyn Gray/Nagai - Mother - American
Kaito Nagai - Father - Japanese
(Others to be added)

Quirk: {S}

Special Moves: {S}

Items: Silver and white cat ear headphones, a pair of thin, black glasses, red eye contacts, her white cell phone, pictures of her family, an oversized yellow jacket, the overcoat in the picture, and black gloves.

Skills/Talents: Bilingual- Ayako is fluent in English and Japanese as are her parents.
Writing- Her mother used to work as an editor so she taught Aya to write at a young age.

Other: Ayako has slight social anxiety and moderate depression, but she does her best to manage without help.

Contains flashing images and moving words. Do not watch if you suffer from severe motion sickness or epilepsy!!

Consider the character approved, however, I do recommend you make your quirk not a secret. Afterall, given what it is, I don´t think you can really hide it even prior usage.

The personality as it currently is is one dimensional. It needs expanding.

This backstory is entirely centered on minimalism, which is a problem not just because it is centered on a single factor, but also because if you took a survey right now I doubt that 1 in 10 people would know what minimalism even is. So, at the very least, please add some concrete actions that would lead to the kind of reactions you atribute to them reacting to minimalism.

Edited those two indeed I did. Hue.

Name: Bunny Carstaires
Nickname: Bun
Desired Hero Name: the cotton cavalier
Chosen extra class: General Studies
AppearanceView attachment 324577
Hero Costume:

Personality: Bunny is a very giggly and humorous woman, dying over bad jokes and anything related to a pun. She's difficult to get annoyed and sometimes refuses to get serious in rather inappropriate situations. She does what she thinks will make people laugh and thrives on other peoples' happiness, despairing when others get angry with her or become sad, particularly if it was via her own actions. Should Bunny ever truly get angry, she would become rather vicious and would say anything that could come to mind, while being slightly more aggressive in her actions and being more likely to attack if provoked. Depending on the situation, should an acquaintance get hurt, Bunny would be either aggressive, or sad. She is prone to fear if left on her own and requires orders frequently, having somewhat poor decision-making and relying on others due to her mindset.
Carrots
Animals
People

Dislikes:
Crying
Harm
Serious environments
Other people or herself panicking

Fears: Death of loved ones or those close to her
People with no/messed up conscience

Mannerisms: Bun is very bouncy and tends to move around quite alot, finding it quite irritable when being unable to hop around the place

Background: Bun did high average on the test thanks to the adaptability of her ability, the reason she decided to attend the academy was thanks to her upbringing. In an environment where pain was everywhere and tears were shed on a daily basis, her alone mother worked on the basis that if others where happy, she should be happy, and as such, she drilled that into her daughter's mind, making her a mother of sorts to her friends, always striving to help where she could. She managed to work her way into the school due to the utility of her quirk, it being capable of a large variety of feats, be it helping people from underneath rubble or defending them from range. Her way of life prior to the test was simply hectic. Picked on for her appearance and purposefully treated horrendously due to the viciousness of her quirk, be it attacking her without reason or simply excluding her throughout the school day. The pupils and teachers both trying to bring her down because of the in-built hatred they seemed to have against her "luck". Where others could simply control a bit of water or make animals speak for a minute, they allowed their jealousy to be directed as anger towards the young woman. Bunny managed to persevere simply due to a few supportive friends and her mother, who had been treated similarly during her own childhood. Bunny's father rarely ever came home, being a diligent, yet low-ranking member for one of the support companies working full-time to sustain his family.

Relationships:
Her mother
A few friends that live near her house
Birthday: January 17
Items: a small wand that doesn't do much, but she finds it comforting to have as it help her concentrate on her quirk

Quirk: The Knight's Arsenal - Bunny has the ability to create single-hand, metallic weapons that do not require any other component (short-swords, shields, spears) at will and manipulate them around the battlefield, the wand is simply for show e.g. Summons sword and whisks it flying through the air.
She can manipulate them up to about 10 meters in range (they could still be carried by momentum, but she would have no control over them, and they would simply disappear after about 15 meters.
She has difficulty creating them under pressure, such as summoning them bent/broken
Bun tries to use them as more for a means of subduing her opponent rather than attacking as it is difficult to control them from range
Her weapons move with speed approximate to her own agility, with about the same level of strength behind their blows. (If she is slowed via netting/other substance, her weapons would be slowed down as well)
She can summon up to a maximum of four at once, but has much more difficulty controlling more than two simultaneously (2 hands)
The general use of her weapons would take up the same amount of energy as if she were actually holding them with her hands, meaning the quirk quickly saps her of energy to be manipulating many at once
Continuous creation of blades would drain her energy astonishingly quickly, it taking only about 8 creations before rendering her too weak to perform
She find moving the summoned items difficult to use or manoeuvre efficiently, and as such, they can only currently move at around 10 mph.

Special moves: phalanx: Bunny creates three shields and a sword, using the three shields with one hand and the sword with the other, allowing her to attack and defend at once. The shields are typically held in a triangular pattern or a straight line for the task of controlling all three at once to be possible

Skills/talents: Bun is a moderate chef and is quite good at home-cooking due to having to care at home for both herself and her mother.

Is quite fast, but not incredibly strong

Great sense of hearing, but her ears are sensitive to loud noises or rough treatment

Theme:

Approved!

Dude... I get it, he´s a minimalist, but there´s more to a person than a particular trait. NO ONE IS ALL ABOUT ONE THING

Excuse the slight rudeness it´s hard to come up with a polite way to say this while my head is aching but I don´t get what part of "one-dimensional" you don´t understand. Your character has one face to them, and it´s "nice guy who doesn´t want to give a f*ck", but there has to be more to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back