• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Boku no Hero: Peace Sign Academia Characters

Decrease the durability of the sonokinetic constructs, since most students in PSA can only breakthrough concrete trying to break through something nearly solid as steel will be very challenging. It's not that bad of a problem and if Idea says that it's okay then it's okay, but just to make things a bit more even with others you know? As of now though you don't have to change it. This isn't a problem but rather a compliment, as the special move is unique and creative so good on you. Deysha's personality is also improved and seem's good, but in order to get a final estimate I'll as Idea to see if it qualifies (I think it does, but he's the head GM so I want to clear it. Until then I'll let you know.

Thank you for the help, it was much appreciated.

My apologies for not personally attending you, life has been using me as boxing bag so it was a little hard to set priorities in motion. Regardless thank you Space_Kaiser Space_Kaiser for your aid! Let me tell you excellent job in your review. You missed a couple things, but then again, we are different people so that's to be expected. Hopefully I can finish that review guide sometime.

(soon to be) Hero Costume: Her costume is a changing dress. It will be changed by the button pressed on a ring she has. Her costume was from her orginal parents and is all she has. Each stone has its button ob the side. By pressing all four the user gets a rainbow colored dress(#1). The dress has the ability to absorb shocks from physical attack. It can absorb up to 70% of it. By pressing the ruby button they get a simple red school looking outfit(#3). This outfit give heat resitance and ice resitance. By pressing it agin they get a even fancier version of that(#2). This can do the same as the other with water resitance. By pressing the sapphire a ROTC uniform with style is created(#5). This suit can allow user to beest absorb soubd to piwer up. By pressing it again a purple dress is created(#4). This dress can help user to move faster and jump higher. By pressing the emerald the user gets a dark purpleish dress (#6). With this the user legs become strong as steel.
Now, getting back on topic, this will not do. The hero costume has three main conceptual issues:
1. Being given hero costumes from anyone other than the PSA breaks the cannon of this roleplay. The PSA is the one supplying the hero costumes and I even made a point of having them have a policy of not letting anyone bring such things as hero costume with them, as this would constitute an ufair advantage, speaking of which...
2. This hero costume is a massively unfair advantage. Not only does it have various options (and I will talk about the issues of that in my next point), each of said options are far too advanced and offer far too much without being in tandem with her quirk. You cannot have advanced technology in your hero costume if it does not directly relate to your quirk. Bakugou's gauntlets are an example of this. They are a special piece of technology that allows his quirk to work better but by themselves they are just oddly shaped boulders. Navel laser guy's laser belt helps him orient his laser. That is directly related technology. "absorbs shock" when your quirk is "makes sound energy summons" is not related. And the actual numbers and types of boost themselves are stronger than I would let some quirks be. Long story short your hero costume's tech is a series of boosts that are both overpowered and contribute nothing to the character other than trying to make you a fighting machine, giving an unfair edge over others.
3. The last point is that these options are in the best case scenario only advanced tech and in the worse case scenario actual MAGIC. There is a ring and some stones, it sounds like she is transforming into a magical girl or something. And that is an issue. The blurr between quirks and magic is hard enough as it is, but the tech in this world is only about as advanced as our own.

All in all, I just don't see this hero costume working in any way.

Deysha may be a good person but there are also quite alot of many bad things. She can get very sarcastic if she wants but it may not be consciously. She also can be really shy and not really talk to the prople around her. She may even go as far to ignore people altogether. Deysha can also be quite messy when doing certain things and sometimes even forgets to do her chores. She also has hint of sadness inside of her and that cause nightmares sometimes. She wonder why her parent gave her up and did not keep her.

Deysha also lies but only if its for a good reason Though she has done it for other reasons. Sometimes she get really lazy or distracted easily and forget the task at hand. She can also be stubborn about matters and not letting others tell her otherwise. She also can be controlling if she may not believe a group can do the work by the due date. Sometimes she is a mster procrastinater.
I quote just this bit cause this was where you tried to add flaws and I'm sad to say but these are not serious flaws. "can be" "sometimes" "a hint of" "but only if it's for a good reason" are all flaw-killers, because they take away the point of being certain mistakes your character is bound to make by being themselves at important times.. This can be fixed if the rest of the sentence suggests a more definitive approach but I didn't get that sort of idea from the way you phrased things.

"Sarcastic" is not a flaw it's just a tone of speech and a figure of expression. "shy" barely counts as a flaw as I can't really see it impacting much since you do not have a choice but to interact with people anyway.

Being a procastinator is ok, but you didn't develop it like with the others, so it looks more like an after thought than something you are willing to commit to.

Items:
-Two wristbands made of a speccial metal and a few electronics to limit the sound she picks up. Also it can help collect more sound.
-a diamond, emerald, sapphire and ruby ring she got from her orginal parents. It also hold a costume made by them.
I can forgive things like these when a character is disabled and needs it or when it's clearly not gonna be used for combat purposes, but this is hero costume material, not for items. It's an unfair edge as an item.

My apologies for not personally attending you, life has been using me as boxing bag so it was a little hard to set priorities in motion. Regardless thank you Space_Kaiser Space_Kaiser for your aid! Let me tell you excellent job in your review. You missed a couple things, but then again, we are different people so that's to be expected. Hopefully I can finish that review guide sometime.

Now, getting back on topic, this will not do. The hero costume has three main conceptual issues:
1. Being given hero costumes from anyone other than the PSA breaks the cannon of this roleplay. The PSA is the one supplying the hero costumes and I even made a point of having them have a policy of not letting anyone bring such things as hero costume with them, as this would constitute an ufair advantage, speaking of which...
2. This hero costume is a massively unfair advantage. Not only does it have various options (and I will talk about the issues of that in my next point), each of said options are far too advanced and offer far too much without being in tandem with her quirk. You cannot have advanced technology in your hero costume if it does not directly relate to your quirk. Bakugou's gauntlets are an example of this. They are a special piece of technology that allows his quirk to work better but by themselves they are just oddly shaped boulders. Navel laser guy's laser belt helps him orient his laser. That is directly related technology. "absorbs shock" when your quirk is "makes sound energy summons" is not related. And the actual numbers and types of boost themselves are stronger than I would let some quirks be. Long story short your hero costume's tech is a series of boosts that are both overpowered and contribute nothing to the character other than trying to make you a fighting machine, giving an unfair edge over others.
3. The last point is that these options are in the best case scenario only advanced tech and in the worse case scenario actual MAGIC. There is a ring and some stones, it sounds like she is transforming into a magical girl or something. And that is an issue. The blurr between quirks and magic is hard enough as it is, but the tech in this world is only about as advanced as our own.

I quote just this bit cause this was where you tried to add flaws and I'm sad to say but these are not serious flaws. "can be" "sometimes" "a hint of" "but only if it's for a good reason" are all flaw-killers, because they take away the point of being certain mistakes your character is bound to make by being themselves at important times.. This can be fixed if the rest of the sentence suggests a more definitive approach but I didn't get that sort of idea from the way you phrased things.

"Sarcastic" is not a flaw it's just a tone of speech and a figure of expression. "shy" barely counts as a flaw as I can't really see it impacting much since you do not have a choice but to interact with people anyway.

Being a procastinator is ok, but you didn't develop it like with the others, so it looks more like an after thought than something you are willing to commit to.

I can forgive things like these when a character is disabled and needs it or when it's clearly not gonna be used for combat purposes, but this is hero costume material, not for items. It's an unfair edge as an item.

Yeah I was to focused on the personality and quirk itself and completely forgot the costume itself XD. That's my bad man, and yeah now that you point it out the next time I'm able to do this I'll make sure to remember these flaw killers.

Yeah I was to focused on the personality and quirk itself and completely forgot the costume itself XD. That's my bad man, and yeah now that you point it out the next time I'm able to do this I'll make sure to remember these flaw killers.
No problem. If anything it was a huge help that you already went over the character while I was busy plus this way I got to see how you faired at it for future reference

Is this better?

Is this better?

Quote:
“The world needs dreamers and the world needs doers. But above all, the world needs dreamers who do.” - Sarah Ban Breathnach

Name:
Kurosawa Kaoru

Nicknames:
Ru-chan
Shadowy
Kuro

Desired Hero Name:
Anaumbra

Chosen Extra Class:
Support

Appearance:
shirobako-episode-22-18.jpg
Yasuhara.Ema.full.1783595.jpg
3539842e8572b8a106c091cc4af3feb1--anime-cat-anime-kawaii.jpg
17267464_1011135562350937_1041967153433018368_n.jpg

(soon to be) Hero Costume:
sword-art-online-oculus-rift.jpg
Jumpsuit.jpg
Her Hero costume is made to conserve energy in every way possible. Her jumpsuit and boots has been made to thermoregulate to avoid wasting excess energy to do so biologically. The simplest clingy design is meant to avoid getting caught on anything. Her visor though usually off can be turned on to activate night-vision so that no matter what the lighting she can see the creature created from her quirk.

Height:
5'4 || 64 || 162

Weight:
140lbs || 63kg

Personality:

Kaoru is a very social person and the type to want to get to know everybody. She gravitates towards the center of conversations and tries to find a thread of connection with everyone. She's the type of person who nudges everyone she can into being more social. It's not uncommon to find her attempting to force shyness out of people, either by volunteering them into the spotlight or inviting in strangers to their conversation. This winds up giving her a confidence that borders on arrogance. She doesn't ever see these interactions in any other context than her own so she refuses to believe that other people could get uncomfortable in these situations.

While she many not acknowledge that other people have different comfort level that doesn't mean she doesn't notice a change. Kaoru actually does her best to be as perceptive as possible new habit, slight change in expression, or shift in style, she catches on and digs in questioning on it no matter what the company surrounding them is. Not to mention the fact that she is definitely the last person you'd want to go to for emotional support. She'll throw practical solutions at you for days, but if you say that you just wanna encouragement is foreign to her.
Another big part of her personality is curiosity and drive to improve. It's common to see her find ways to try to fix every problem she comes across. She tries to be hyper prepared for anything the world throws at her. That doesn't mean she's good at doing so though. She is definitely the type to treat symptoms rather than try how to fix the root problem. Her approach to problems can lead to the problems being fixed at that moment but the bigger issue being left unaddressed, in both a social and mechanical sense.
One huge flaw in her character is her impatience. She goes by the motto "If I get it, everyone should". She sees it as if she's already taken the time to cooperate and plan then she has no intentions of sticking around to help make sure everyone understands it. Repetition will bring out the worst in her causing her to become annoyed, aggressive, and prone to taking unnecessary or even straight up stupid risks.

-Fresh Fruit
-Sushi
Unagidon
-Cooking
-Drawing

Dislikes:
-Mountains
-Caffeine
-Tempura
-Spicy foods
-Dancing
-Writing

Fears:
-Earthquakes || She doesn't get immobilized by it but she definitely gets shaky and paranoid, would struggle to use her quirk during one
-Locked in small spaces (less than her arm span) || will immobilize her and stop her from logical reasoning

Mannerisms:
-Tend to deal with stress by laughing, loudly and creepily

-Really stops to analyze the worth of of things before buying, usually out loud in a low mumble

Backstory:
Kaoru grew up in a small four room (two bedrooms, a bathroom, and a kitchen/living room) apartment in a poor neighborhood. It was really common for parents to have little to no time outside of working. This led to the kind of mentality where everyone took part in raising everyone. Often your neighbors became extensions of your family. It was common for the older kids in the neighborhood to become free babysitters or tutors, especially if you had a quirk good for distracting children. Since Kaoru grew up in a poor area there tended to be higher rates of quirkless or kids with lackluster quirks, considering anyone with a good quirk found a way for it to work in their favor be it the path of a hero or criminal.

If you asked Kaoru would say the most impactful moment of her childhood was around the time she was six just before the start of the school year. At the time several of the neighborhood kids came together in the old junkyard to secretly practice using their quirks. While usually this managed to go alright and never really got any of them noticed, however this specific time went sour fast. After an argument started up between three or four of the oldest around, starting an all out fight. While some of the kids had the good sense to go look for one of the oldest kids, several including Kaoru attempted to break it up themselves. Before long one of the older kids had landed a rather solid punch on the wrong person. This led to Kaoru being knocking into an unstable pile of trash and being buried beneath. After several minutes of panic the neighborhood big bro, Suzuki Daisuke, had managed to get there and dig the two out. This wound up inspiring Kaoru to stick to the fourteen year old like glue.

Daisuke wound up teaching her a great deal about how to help keep the attention of young children, basic first aid, and how to spot signs of a problem in the making. This is around the time she started to always attempt to be hyper prepared. She started to always carry a first aid kit. At the beginning she kept everything she could on her, even things she didn't necessarily know how to use at first. Around the time Kaoru turned ten, Daisuke had graduated into the adult category although he still tried to be around for them he had a full time job that he had to devote himself to. It was time to pass the baton and Kaoru had wound up being the person the neighborhood kids went to in times of trouble. She had begun to really stick out as someone who was reliable.

Relationships:
Kurosawa Akira || Mother

Kurosawa Ichirou || Father

Suzuki Daisuke || Big Brother Figure

Akura Datsukaeru: An child friend / victim, that she was closer to around the ages of 9~13. Kaoru spend most of their school years attempting to force Akura out of her shell dragging her into the spotlight as she kept on doing what she usually does. For the most part Kaoru thought of her as backup since she could never really get the girl outta her shell and there were always others around that were more willing to keep up with her. They drifted apart more when they turned 13 as Kaoru kept putting in minimal attention even as Akura started to put up a bigger wall. Refers to her as Datsu-san.

Lían Shimizu: Kaoru has a very odd relationship with the girl as Kaoru continued to try to have friendly interactions with her despite both of them rather disliking each other. It started simply as Kaoru noticing that the two of them shared majority of their commute to their schools together and approaching Lían for company. However very quickly Kaoru realized Lían was a rather unpleasant person, this just made her more likely to seek the girl out though as she calmly brushed off Lían's attitude and continued to annoy her. In fact to most outside observers they'd be hard pressed to understand the interactions of the two. Kaoru refers to Lían as "Li-chan" because it's just familiar enough to not be downright insulting but still annoy her.

Quirk:
Little Shadows || Type Emitter
Shadow_KHII.png
Kaoru has the ability to use up her own energy to create a small one foot tall pitch black creature with claws and fangs, that she simply calls "Shadow" which she can use to attack or as an extraneous set of limbs. The power behind these attacks is proportional to the amount of energy she puts behind the summoning, with 10% being her normal strength, 50% being about twice her power, and 90% being about three times her power. On the other hand the durability of her quirk is inversely proportional to the amount of energy she puts into it. At 10% of her energy they can really take hits it would require ten to twelve hits from someone reasonably powered, though anyone with a super powered punch could easily destroy them. Generally the standard for this form is usually about seven minutes. As a side note giving them 1% of energy is technically possible but highly illogical as it literally have a infants strength and basically just exist. Kaoru recovers about 5% of her energy for every fifteen minutes of rest, which is defined as staying at a resting heart rate.
Things that are constant no matter how much energy she puts in would be the ability to carry weight, jumping height and speed which are always exactly equal to Kaoru's physical ability. Another constant is the fact that although she can remotely control the creature through her own brain waves, it doesn't have its own senses at all. Since it is more akin to removable extra limbs she not only doesn't want it to be out of her sight but cannot tell if it still exists if she cannot see them as it doesn't transmit any signals back, making the activation range basically within 50 feet inside of her line of sight. However so long as she leaves herself with enough energy to be conscious she can keep summoning it at an activation speed of 5 seconds per percentage of power used.

Special Moves:
Shadow Explosion Strike: Kaoru is able to focus her mind on the stronger versions of her quirk, >60%, when they are close to be destroyed to force them into exploding using the rest of the energy they have. While this isn't all that strong it works as a great distraction.

Items:
-Bookbag || Two strap, with a tiny Micky Mouse at the top (The two below are kept in the bag)
-First-aid kit: Bandages/ gauze, Alcohol pads, Muscle relation cream, and Emergency Ice Packs
-Sketchbook and Pencils
-Handmade Quilt: Each square was drawn up by a different kid from her neighborhood before her mother stitched it up as a going away present. It's clumsily made but filled with all the love of her friends and family.

Skills/talents:
-Kaoru is really good at both abstract art and anime style drawing
-She has a greater knowledge of first aid than most people her age

Favorites:
Color: Green
Food: Unagidon
Animal: Spiders
Music: Heavy Synth Music
Season: Fall
Temperature: Cool
Place: Parks & Gardens
Video Game: Never played Yet || Will be Party Games

Theme Song:

Last edited:
(soon to be) Hero Costume: Her costume is a changing dress. It will be changed by the button pressed on a ring she has. Her costume was from her orginal parents and is all she has. Each stone has its button on the side. By pressing all four the user gets a rainbow colored dress(#1). By pressing the ruby button they get a simple red school looking outfit(#3). By pressing it agin they get a even fancier version of that(#2). By pressing the sapphire a ROTC uniform with style is created(#5). By pressing it again a purple dress is created(#4). By pressing the emerald the user gets a dark purpleish dress (#6). Two items are also created with the suit. Two wristbands made of a special metal and a few electronics to limit the sound she picks up. Also it can help collect more sound.

1-50% increase in design complexity and sound absorption.
2-25% increase in design complexity
3-10% increase in design complexity
4-25% increase in sound absorption
5-10% increase in sound absorption
6-35% increase in design complexity and sound absorption.

1506207177241-jpg.353961

The hero costume still can't be a gift from her parents and it swapping hero costumes is not something I think you can pull off. I'm not gonna say it's impossible, maybe there is something I am not seeing, but as of now you're describing a method that is magic.

Personality:
Deysha is a very optimistic person and always finds the good side of everything. Deysha is very understanding and avoids being judgemental toward others. Deysha likes to have and create postive environmrnts ratger than negative ones. Deysha also doesnt really get mad at other because she is a very nice person. She attracts all the positive energy and prevents the negative energy.

She intrigued by anything science and love because of the intellectual conversations as they stimulate the mind. Her IQ had actually reached 190 but Deysha doesnt act like it.
Deysha doesnt really like talking about others and really prefer to ignore boring stuff that doesnt have to deal with her at all. This causes her to avoid most mean and negative people. She just doesnt find the purpose in going on people. Deysha tries to stay away from irrational people to prevent getting caught in thier problems. She doesnt like to get dragged down by others.

She is very forgiving of other unless they cross her. She even cracks jokes with her opponents. Deysha is a huge jokester sometimes. She loves to laugh and is pretty goofy sometimes. She likes to be with more relaxed people than the most serious people. She also prefers
people who help helps her up and push her further to a good future.

Deysha loves to have friendships. If a person is bringing her down though she ignores them and cant be on the list of possible friends. Its a really small group that she considers friends but many she calls acquaintances. Deysha also very patient with others and doesnt mind waiting. She tries her best to get along with everyone.

Deysha has her own ways of doing things rather than the normal ways. She can be creative when she want to be. Deysha is a very calm and cool person who likes her space. She also prefers to be with others in a group rather than herself though it depends on the activity. Deysha is a very responsible and respectable person according to those around her.

Deysha may be a good person but there are also quite alot of many bad things. She can get very sarcastic if she wants but it may not be consciously. She also can be really shy and not really talk to the prople around her. She may even go as far to ignore people altogether. Deysha can also be quite messy when doing certain things and sometimes even forgets to do her chores. She also has hint of sadness inside of her and that cause nightmares sometimes. She wonder why her parent gave her up and did not keep her.

She can also be quite the mean person to those around her. She hates the golden children who have almost no flaws. She may even go as far to challenging them in battle. She is also rude when she sees people who brag about being strong or having a cool true family.

Deysha also lies and even does it unconsciously Though she has done it for other reasons. She get really lazy or distracted easily and forgets the task at hand. She can also be stubborn about matters and not letting others tell her otherwise. She also can be controlling if she believes a group can not do the work by the due date. Deysha is known as a master procrastinater.

She is also very violent when it comes to fighting. Once she gets her rhythm, she becomes a beast of instict and strategy rather than a fighting human. She also finds it good to work off stress and other things by fighting. She also will fight anyone who challenges her even if they are a teacher. She may not always be the topdog bit you wont get away with threatining her. If she is reading, she will act totally uniterested with your presence.
Your personality also is sticking to the problems of before- the flaws you added, if I'm not mistaken in the fact you tried adding them, are still hesitant, either offering a justifying condition rather than making it an actual flaw of the character or making it so it only "may happens" or "happens sometimes".

Again, the point here is for you to FAIL. To fail hard and fail at important times. For you not to be best person you can be at all times so there is room to grow as a human being. We like to think we are like what you described here, but this personality doesn't match a person it matches a robot.

It also hold a costume made by them.
As I said, this is forbidden

Kaoru is the poster child for acceptance of change. She had to develop this growing up because plans could change at any second. At any moment she could wind up in charge of a bunch of children so she learned to just relax and accept that not everything is going to go to plan.
-Warmhearted-
Kaoru has a great capacity for empathy. She embraces the role of big sister with open arms. At home she was always someone that had the most tolerance for scared or lonely kids, often taking the time to draw them pictures or give them lots of hugs and stories.
-Full of Determination-
One thing that comes solely from her mother is her can do attitude. She view anything she struggles with as an obstacles to be climbed. She does her best to slimply throw herself wholeheartedly into her work.
-Tactless-
While she may be caring, she is definitely no saint. Kaoru doesn't like to mince words on a regular but when she thinks you either caused your own problems or even worse are refusing to fix them then the kid gloves come off. She can just as easily yell at a person for being lazy or stupid as she can give affection.
-Impressionable-
Kaoru has this strange need to try almost anything she finds cool, provided that it's physically possible. obstacle courses, tongue twisters, cartwheels, straight up high level parkour. Luckily enough its something that only really happens after a great period of boredom.
There are no serious flaws here, the character is at the moment mary sue. Please add some serious flaws

If you asked Kaoru would say the most impactful moment of her childhood was around the time she was six just before the start of the school year. At the time several of the neighborhood kids came together in the old junkyard to compare quirks and try to help the younger kiddos to manifest theirs. While it managed to go alright several of the previous years this specific time went sour fast. After an argument started up between two of the eight-year-old kids, the oldest around, some of the four year olds started to panic. While some of the kids had the good sense to go look for one of the older kids, several including Kaoru attempted to break it up themselves. Before long at least one of the preschoolers had found their quirk, the ability to shake the ground with their cries. This led to Kaoru and Suou knocking into an unstable pile of trash and being buried beneath. After several minutes of panic the neighborhood big bro, Suzuki Daisuke, had managed to get there and dig the two out. This wound up inspiring Kaoru to stick to the fourteen year old like glue.
this entire scenario is inconceivable. If you don't develop a quirk past the age of 4 you will never develop one. Quirks only manifest betweent birth and 4 years old

Kaoru is able to create tiny shadow creatures at will. They are pure black with glowing eyes and mimic her silhouette. All of them are fully solid, capable of picking things up and moving around and away from her, but are more like extensions of herself than separate entities. Although they are about as durable as a piece of paper they come in handy in other ways. Anything they see or hear Kaoru does as well. This winds up being horrible when she calls out more than one.
-define what exactly the "shadow" is
-do these things anything reassembling internal organs?
-how strong, fast and agile are they, exactly?
-how many can be summoned and how far away?
-how does communication work between them?
-do they just stay around permanently?
-are there any conditions or limitations to the summoning?
-do these things come with anything sharp?
-do these things have any ability other than existing?
-how are they an extention of himself?
-do they have personalities and thoughts of their own or are they obedient machines or are they animals?
-does he also feel other sensory things like their pain?
-can these things communicate among one another?
-is there an interval between summons?
-how long does it take to summon one?

I may yet have more questions

Special Moves:
Shadow Puppets: Kaoru is able to shift her shadow's form to look like silhouette of anything that is smaller than a foot and a half, provided she knows what she's trying to make it look like. This can be very helpful if she knows a fear that an enemy has.
rejected for too much variability

Idea Idea I have changed how Kaoru's quirk and special move. I wanted to just get feedback on if the changes are acceptable as that will drive which of the two ideas I have for the alteration of her personality.

Also I have a question on which part of the backstory scenario you'd like me to change. I may have just worded it poorly but I meant to convey that it was a small child, 3-4, who awoken this quirk, though I recognize that preschool may not be the same for all areas, and that it was fairly weak only managing to startle the others into toppling an unstable structure. Kaoru at this point already recognized what her own quirk was and has a feel for it already. I can change the events but I'd prefer to keep this as a moment where she develops the fear of earthquakes and claustrophobia as well as connect with a person who would she would look up to and try to imitate so I'd probably just shift the background characters a bit.

Also I have a question on which part of the backstory scenario you'd like me to change. I may have just worded it poorly but I meant to convey that it was a small child, 3-4, who awoken this quirk, though I recognize that preschool may not be the same for all areas, and that it was fairly weak only managing to startle the others into toppling an unstable structure. Kaoru at this point already recognized what her own quirk was and has a feel for it already. I can change the events but I'd prefer to keep this as a moment where she develops the fear of earthquakes and claustrophobia as well as connect with a person who would she would look up to and try to imitate so I'd probably just shift the background characters a bit.
Yes, the way you phrased it was very confusing to me, but more importantly right now, the kid's quirk would never have been powerful enough to knock people back. Bakugou's explosion were tiny useless sparks at the time he manifested his quirk, to give you an idea. No qurik first manifesting is powerful enough to hurt someone.

Kaoru has the ability to use up her own energy to create small one foot tall pitch black creatures with claws and fangs, that she simply calls "Shadows" which she can use to attack or extraneous limbs. The power behind these attacks is proportional to the amount of energy she puts behind the summoning, with 10% being her normal strength, 50% being about twice her power, and 90% being about three times her power. On the other hand the durability of her quirk is inversely proportional to the amount of energy she puts into it. At 10% of her energy they pretty much won't be able to be disrupted until they run out of the energy she put in as the only part of them that is solid is the clawed hands and fangs, with the rest being a ghostly substance. Generally the standard for this form is usually about fifteen minutes. As a side note giving them 1% of energy is technically possible but highly illogical as they literally cannot do anything at that amount except exist.
Things that are constant no matter how much energy she puts in would be the ability to carry weight, jumping height and speed which are always exactly equal to Kaoru's physical ability. Another constant is the fact that although she can remotely control them through her own brain waves, they don't have their own senses at all. Since they are more akin to removable extra limbs she not only doesn't want them to be out of her sight but cannot tell if they still exist if she cannot see them as they don't transmit any signals back, making the activation range basically within 50 feet inside of her line of sight. However so long as she leaves herself with enough energy to be conscious she can keep creating more at an activation speed of 5 seconds per percentage of power used.
-15 minutes is a huge amount of time for the standard

-how fast does she recover her energy?

-how many can be summoned (and/or stay summoned) at once? Most of this is balanced for a single summon but you often mention them in plural

Idea Idea So I hope to get to the personality today but I have to go to my cousin's party so that's probably going to be done tomorrow.
I've changed the standard to seven minutes(?) if it still needs to be less than I'll fix it. Also I was mixing tenses as I had another version if this was completely shot down that worked differently but to be clear this version of quirk would only allow her to use a single one at a time, I've adjusted word choice to match. Apologizes this balancing has been a bit difficult for me. Also I'll be working on adjusting the second para of her back story next.

Idea Idea So I hope to get to the personality today but I have to go to my cousin's party so that's probably going to be done tomorrow.
I've changed the standard to seven minutes(?) if it still needs to be less than I'll fix it. Also I was mixing tenses as I had another version if this was completely shot down that worked differently but to be clear this version of quirk would only allow her to use a single one at a time, I've adjusted word choice to match. Apologizes this balancing has been a bit difficult for me. Also I'll be working on adjusting the second para of her back story next.
no worries take your time. I still got to get to Illiterate Illiterate 's first anyway. And make the new search thread

Personality
"Smartass."
That's it.
That's the perfect word to describe Ray.
He's the guy who blurts anything that comes to mind. That's offensive? So what? That's unnecessary? So what? The guy is ignorant of any and all feelings of most people, as he believes that his opinions and words don't affect others in any way.
In layman's terms..-He don't care. As long as his words and actions don't affect him,

then it's not a problem as to what people say, save for some softer spots of his inner personality.
More on that later..

"Why So Serious..?"

Another aspect of the especially ignorant Ray, is that he's quite the joker.
Being one whose middle name might as well be 'Satire', Ray isn't one to stay away from argumentative topics. In fact, he relishes the challenge of one being presented to him, seeing it as an opportunity to poke fun at someone or something. Pushing the buttons of others is something that fills him with joy, as it requires him to look through a person's persona, figuring out what does what for which reasons.. It's just a mind game for him, and who doesn't like to make people rage quit from a game? This doesn't mean Ray is an asshat, it just means that he's not a boring person. Just someone who takes joy in joking.
Definitely a Joker..

"Narc, Narc, Narc..-"

While he wouldn't classify for a full-blown narcist, Ryo holds himself in high regard for reasons that involve his life's financial setting, but incorrectly uses this as an excuse to come off as an arrogant asshat. He believes that he must strive to be on the top of the pile because the world is ever-growing, which means everything he does in life is a competition for first place. He believes he's the best because he has the mentality of it being the only way. The numbers don't lie, heroes make more money than most jobs. That's just a simple fact.. At this state, he has a large amount of mental conflict, as there are times where he'll talk about his superiority, but the very apparent truth is that he's just another struggling kid.
The numbers may not lie, but he surely does.

"What's Underneath?"

With his outward appearance, and his highly expressive personality hardly ever make others question what Ray's thinking about on the inside. Yeah, he's got some more to him than shitty puns and talent for pissing people off. See, anyone who pays close attention to the boy's antics, can find some of the variables that make up his eccentric personality. First, when disrespecting someone, he never initiates it through something they've done. Only disrespecting someone when they've dissed him to start. The only grant to this is when he feels that someone needs to be put in their place, because if there's one thing that Ryo's doesn't tolerate, it's someone who doesn't appreciate what they have. Or someone who doesn't appreciate what they've been given. Through the majority of Ryo's life, he has been taught to take what's his, and protect it with everything he has. Never take anything for granted.
Because life is always better than you think it is.
I am quite on the fence about this personality. While it is for the most part a good one, the last bit kinda screws it over by seeming to claim that he only seems all other things on the surface and beneath it is none of them- which would by itself nullify every flaw he had.
I'm gonna take a leap of faith here and hope that he doesn't turn out as a goody-two shoes or someone that never fails.

His next phase is where physical stimulants stop effecting his transformation, as they simply can't get to the extreme levels that emotional stimulants can trigger. In this state, his body undergoes some more serious changes, which allows him to shift from bipedal to quadrupedal in a quick shift of bones, and allow his wings to extend out from his back. In this state, his physical attributes are more than doubled, allowing him to brush off a baseball bat heavily swung at his head, bite through metal chains, and can squat over one-thousand pounds (Granted that's also an adrenaline thing, as he'd probably pass out afterward.). Though this form is quite hard to control mentally, as there will be plenty of instances where he's not exactly in a sane state of mind, Ryo has enough control to make competent conversation and understand instructions.
this is way too strong for a middle-stage

the whole quirk is something I'm gonna have to think a lot about and may just be one of the most risky ones for me to accept. While I want to make this quirk as consistent with my normal rulings as possible, it is also true that it is on a whole different playing field. It's reliance on damage and emotion makes it hard to translate into actual physical strength. You clearly put a lot of work into this quirk though, it shows you are dedicated.

So, here's what I''ll do. I won't make you add percentages to everything like I would do in most other cases, but I still need you to be a bit more concrete at least on the level of damage and emotional breakdown needed to achieve any of those forms.

In particular, do make sure to make the full-dragon one pretty much impossible, because otherwise I can't approve it, as it falls into something that could cause permanent damage.

Kaoru has the ability to use up her own energy to create a small one foot tall pitch black creature with claws and fangs, that she simply calls "Shadow" which she can use to attack or as an extraneous set of limbs. The power behind these attacks is proportional to the amount of energy she puts behind the summoning, with 10% being her normal strength, 50% being about twice her power, and 90% being about three times her power. On the other hand the durability of her quirk is inversely proportional to the amount of energy she puts into it. At 10% of her energy they pretty much won't be able to be disrupted until they run out of the energy she put in as the only part of them that is solid is the clawed hands and fangs, with the rest being a ghostly substance. Generally the standard for this form is usually about seven minutes. As a side note giving them 1% of energy is technically possible but highly illogical as it literally cannot do anything at that amount except exist. Especially considering that the only way for her to regain this energy is through resting for a about six hours.
Things that are constant no matter how much energy she puts in would be the ability to carry weight, jumping height and speed which are always exactly equal to Kaoru's physical ability. Another constant is the fact that although she can remotely control the creature through her own brain waves, it doesn't have its own senses at all. Since it is more akin to removable extra limbs she not only doesn't want it to be out of her sight but cannot tell if it still exists if she cannot see them as it doesn't transmit any signals back, making the activation range basically within 50 feet inside of her line of sight. However so long as she leaves herself with enough energy to be conscious she can keep summoning it at an activation speed of 5 seconds per percentage of power used.
Ok, so after some thought I don't think the idea of you having a being that is invulnerable but can have an effect on the physical world is approvable. If it always had an appropriate time limit, then it would be ok, but by the way you phrased the 10% and 1% things, they can't be touched but do actually have an effect and only can be stopped when the user (that doesn't have to spend more energy to mantain them, only to summon them) runs out of energy. Being impossible to hit back or stop is not something I can approve.

In addition, you still haven't given me a rate of recovery for her energy as I asked.

Idea Idea I have changed it so that they are fully tangible now at every point. I also changed the wording of "Especially considering that the only way for her to regain this energy is through resting for a about six hours." to "Kaoru recovers about 5% of her energy for every fifteen minutes of rest, which is defined as staying at a resting heart rate." something that gives a concrete and measurable definition of her recovery time.
Is there anything else that I should adjust?

Quote:
“The world needs dreamers and the world needs doers. But above all, the world needs dreamers who do.” - Sarah Ban Breathnach

Name:
Kurosawa Kaoru

Nicknames:
Ru-chan
Shadowy

Desired Hero Name:
Anaumbra

Chosen Extra Class:
Support

Appearance:
View attachment 355557

(soon to be) Hero Costume:
Her Hero costume is made to conserve energy in every way possible. Her jumpsuit and boots has been made to thermoregulate to avoid wasting excess energy to do so biologically. The simplest clingy design is meant to avoid getting caught on anything. Her visor though usually off can be turned on to activate night-vision so that no matter what the lighting she can see the creature created from her quirk.

Height:
5'4 || 64 || 162

Weight:
140lbs || 63kg

Personality:

Kaoru is a very social person and the type to want to get to know everybody. She gravitates towards the center of conversations and tries to find a thread of connection with everyone. She's the type of person who nudges everyone she can into being more social. It's not uncommon to find her attempting to force shyness out of people, either by volunteering them into the spotlight or inviting in strangers to their conversation. This winds up giving her a confidence that borders on arrogance. She doesn't ever see these interactions in any other context than her own so she refuses to believe that other people could get uncomfortable in these situations.

While she many not acknowledge that other people have different comfort level that doesn't mean she doesn't notice a change. Kaoru actually does her best to be as perceptive as possible new habit, slight change in expression, or shift in style, she catches on and digs in questioning on it no matter what the company surrounding them is. Not to mention the fact that she is definitely the last person you'd want to go to for emotional support. She'll throw practical solutions at you for days, but if you say that you just wanna encouragement is foreign to her.
Another big part of her personality is curiosity and drive to improve. It's common to see her find ways to try to fix every problem she comes across. She tries to be hyper prepared for anything the world throws at her. That doesn't mean she's good at doing so though. She is definitely the type to treat symptoms rather than try how to fix the root problem. Her approach to problems can lead to the problems being fixed at that moment but the bigger issue being left unaddressed, in both a social and mechanical sense.
One huge flaw in her character is her impatience. She goes by the motto "If I get it, everyone should". She sees it as if she's already taken the time to cooperate and plan then she has no intentions of sticking around to help make sure everyone understands it. Repetition will bring out the worst in her causing her to become annoyed, aggressive, and prone to taking unnecessary or even straight up stupid risks.

-Fresh Fruit
-Sushi
Unagidon
-Cooking
-Drawing

Dislikes:
-Mountains
-Caffeine
-Tempura
-Spicy foods
-Dancing
-Writing

Fears:
-Earthquakes || She doesn't get immobilized by it but she definitely gets shaky and paranoid, would struggle to use her quirk during one
-Locked in small spaces (less than her arm span) || will immobilize her and stop her from logical reasoning

Mannerisms:
-Tend to deal with stress by laughing, loudly and creepily

-Really stops to analyze the worth of of things before buying, usually out loud in a low mumble

Backstory:
Kaoru grew up in a small four room (two bedrooms, a bathroom, and a kitchen/living room) apartment in a poor neighborhood. It was really common for parents to have little to no time outside of working. This led to the kind of mentality where everyone took part in raising everyone. Often your neighbors became extensions of your family. It was common for the older kids in the neighborhood to become free babysitters or tutors, especially if you had a quirk good for distracting children. Since Kaoru grew up in a poor area there tended to be higher rates of quirkless or kids with lackluster quirks, considering anyone with a good quirk found a way for it to work in their favor be it the path of a hero or criminal.

If you asked Kaoru would say the most impactful moment of her childhood was around the time she was six just before the start of the school year. At the time several of the neighborhood kids came together in the old junkyard to secretly practice using their quirks. While usually this managed to go alright and never really got any of them noticed, however this specific time went sour fast. After an argument started up between three or four of the oldest around, starting an all out fight. While some of the kids had the good sense to go look for one of the oldest kids, several including Kaoru attempted to break it up themselves. Before long one of the older kids had landed a rather solid punch on the wrong person. This led to Kaoru being knocking into an unstable pile of trash and being buried beneath. After several minutes of panic the neighborhood big bro, Suzuki Daisuke, had managed to get there and dig the two out. This wound up inspiring Kaoru to stick to the fourteen year old like glue.

Daisuke wound up teaching her a great deal about how to help keep the attention of young children, basic first aid, and how to spot signs of a problem in the making. This is around the time she started to always attempt to be hyper prepared. She started to always carry a first aid kit. At the beginning she kept everything she could on her, even things she didn't necessarily know how to use at first. Around the time Kaoru turned ten, Daisuke had graduated into the adult category although he still tried to be around for them he had a full time job that he had to devote himself to. It was time to pass the baton and Kaoru had wound up being the person the neighborhood kids went to in times of trouble. She had begun to really stick out as someone who was reliable.

Relationships:
Kurosawa Akira || Mother
Kurosawa Ichirou || Father
Suzuki Daisuke || Big Brother Figure

Quirk:
Little Shadows || Type Emitter
Kaoru has the ability to use up her own energy to create a small one foot tall pitch black creature with claws and fangs, that she simply calls "Shadow" which she can use to attack or as an extraneous set of limbs. The power behind these attacks is proportional to the amount of energy she puts behind the summoning, with 10% being her normal strength, 50% being about twice her power, and 90% being about three times her power. On the other hand the durability of her quirk is inversely proportional to the amount of energy she puts into it. At 10% of her energy they can really take hits it would require ten to twelve hits from someone reasonably powered, though anyone with a super powered punch could easily destroy them. Generally the standard for this form is usually about seven minutes. As a side note giving them 1% of energy is technically possible but highly illogical as it literally have a infants strength and basically just exist. Kaoru recovers about 5% of her energy for every fifteen minutes of rest, which is defined as staying at a resting heart rate.

Special Moves:
Shadow Explosion Strike: Kaoru is able to focus her mind on the stronger versions of her quirk, >60%, when they are close to be destroyed to force them into exploding using the rest of the energy they have. While this isn't all that strong it works as a great distraction.

Items:
-Bookbag || Two strap, with a tiny Micky Mouse at the top (The two below are kept in the bag)
-First-aid kit: Bandages/ gauze, Alcohol pads, Muscle relation cream, and Emergency Ice Packs
-Sketchbook and Pencils

Skills/talents:
-Kaoru is really good at both abstract art and anime style drawing
-She has a greater knowledge of first aid than most people her age

Theme Song:

APPPROVED!

I am quite on the fence about this personality. While it is for the most part a good one, the last bit kinda screws it over by seeming to claim that he only seems all other things on the surface and beneath it is none of them- which would by itself nullify every flaw he had.
I'm gonna take a leap of faith here and hope that he doesn't turn out as a goody-two shoes or someone that never fails.

this is way too strong for a middle-stage

the whole quirk is something I'm gonna have to think a lot about and may just be one of the most risky ones for me to accept. While I want to make this quirk as consistent with my normal rulings as possible, it is also true that it is on a whole different playing field. It's reliance on damage and emotion makes it hard to translate into actual physical strength. You clearly put a lot of work into this quirk though, it shows you are dedicated.

So, here's what I''ll do. I won't make you add percentages to everything like I would do in most other cases, but I still need you to be a bit more concrete at least on the level of damage and emotional breakdown needed to achieve any of those forms.

In particular, do make sure to make the full-dragon one pretty much impossible, because otherwise I can't approve it, as it falls into something that could cause permanent damage.
Goody-two-shoes aren't fun.
I make fun characters.
Screen Shot 2017-06-03 at 4.32.52 PM.png
For the middle stage, I've toned back its strengths, but when adding more concrete ways to reach this state, I added the flaw of it causing permanent damage..-
Which I fixed by saying permanent damage heals, but it's not painless.
Oh yeah, added more concrete ways for him to transform.
And his final form is pretty much impossible to get to.

The hero costume still can't be a gift from her parents and it swapping hero costumes is not something I think you can pull off. I'm not gonna say it's impossible, maybe there is something I am not seeing, but as of now you're describing a method that is magic.

Your personality also is sticking to the problems of before- the flaws you added, if I'm not mistaken in the fact you tried adding them, are still hesitant, either offering a justifying condition rather than making it an actual flaw of the character or making it so it only "may happens" or "happens sometimes".

Again, the point here is for you to FAIL. To fail hard and fail at important times. For you not to be best person you can be at all times so there is room to grow as a human being. We like to think we are like what you described here, but this personality doesn't match a person it matches a robot.

As I said, this is forbidden

I changed and added more to the personality. I also made a more realistic costume along with it being made my PSA as said. Is it to the standard?

Desired Hero Name: Colorful Sound

Name: Deysha Ressau-Persan

View attachment 353962

Chosen Extra Class: mentoring

Appearance: Deysha applied with the others at the same time. She was one of the people who didnt bathe in the limelight but if she wanted to would.

(soon to be) Hero Costume: Her costume is a armored chameleon. the first form has simple armor that allows for enhanced sound absorbtion. This form also has a cape but it can be taken off. The armor is as durable as iron. Once the armor is released off the user, the second form increase that. She wear tights under her costume that keeps exposed parts warm. In both forms the user wears combat boot heels that can be switched out for combat boots. Her costume is also white in the second form rather that black like the the picture.

25% increase in sound absorption.
50% increase in sound absorption.

View attachment 356424

Height: 1.8 meters

Weight: 59 Kilograms

Personality:
Deysha is a very optimistic person and always finds the good side of everything. Deysha is very understanding and avoids being judgemental toward others. Deysha likes to have and create postive environmrnts ratger than negative ones. Deysha also doesnt really get mad at other because she is a very nice person. She attracts all the positive energy and prevents the negative energy.

She intrigued by anything science and love because of the intellectual conversations as they stimulate the mind. Her IQ had actually reached 190 but Deysha doesnt act like it.
Deysha doesnt really like talking about others and really prefer to ignore boring stuff that doesnt have to deal with her at all. This causes her to avoid most mean and negative people. She just doesnt find the purpose in going on people. Deysha tries to stay away from irrational people to prevent getting caught in thier problems. She doesnt like to get dragged down by others.

She is very forgiving of other unless they cross her. She even cracks jokes with her opponents. Deysha is a huge jokester sometimes. She loves to laugh and is pretty goofy sometimes. She likes to be with more relaxed people than the most serious people. She also prefers
people who help helps her up and push her further to a good future.

Deysha loves to have friendships. If a person is bringing her down though she ignores them and cant be on the list of possible friends. If someone keeps bothering her, she Its a really small group that she considers friends but many she calls acquaintances. Deysha also very patient with others and doesnt mind waiting. She tries her best to get along with everyone.

Deysha has her own ways of doing things rather than the normal ways. She can be creative when she want to be. Deysha is a very calm and cool person who likes her space. Interypting that time will enf up with a slap. She also prefers to be with others in a group rather than herself though it depends on the activity. Deysha is a very responsible and respectable person according to those around her.

She is unreliable and unhonest to people. If she believes she can benefit fron them, she doesnt have them around. She is cheater when it comes to tricks and almost every card game. She is no gambler but she would seem to be a very lucky one.

She is a mean person to those around her when she feels like it. She hates the golden children who have almost no flaws. She may even go as far to challenging them in battle. She is also rude when she sees people who brag about being strong or having a cool blood family. She also is pessimistic when she doesnt see the bright side.

Deysha also lies and even does it unconsciously. She get really lazy or distracted easily and forgets the task at hand. If you wake her and she isnt ready to get up, she will slap you across the face. She can also be stubborn about matters and not letting others tell her otherwise. She also is controlling and rude when she is int he middle of work. Deysha is known as a master procrastinater.

She is also a very sore loser. She absolutley hates losing so if she really wants to be someone, she will cheat no matter the cost. She also makes it look like someone else did something wrong. She also is a master analyzer of battle so she will even go for a low blow to win.

She is also very violent when it comes to fighting. Once she gets her rhythm, she becomes a beast of instict and strategy rather than a fighting human. She also finds it good to work off stress and other things by fighting. She also will fight anyone who challenges her even if they are a teacher. She may not always be the topdog bit you wont get away with threatining her. If she is reading, she will act totally uniterested with your presence.

Deysha may be good at somethings but absolutely hates lazy intelligent people. She also hates heros for being fake all the time like, why does smiling matter.

-candy corn
-animals
-children and babies

Dislikes:
-broccli
-homophobes
-crimes that arent justified
-silence

Fears:
-claustrophobic
-being alone for more than 2 days.
-a world with no music

Mannerisms:
-she scrathches her hair when she is nervous.
-she falls alseep if she isnt intersted in something.
-she taps her fooot when she is excited to do something when sitting.
-she may cry in the middle of a match to trick an enemy.

Backstory:

Deysha Ressau-Persan was born on September 25th. She was adopted by an adoptive family as a baby. Though she knows she is adopted, she isnt treated any different then her brother. He was born a year after her. She treated him like a twin to him.

In elementary school, she worked hard and joined different activities. She was a honor student and finally got her quirk and so did her brother. He had the "super smarts" as she said and helped her better monitor her power. She ws finally able to start her journey to a hero school.

In middle school, she did swimming and loved to play tennis. Her power developed nicely and she was able to apply to a hero school. She was planning to go to one of the top ten in america along with her brother. Sadly thier father got moved to japan for a job. Not all hope was lost and they were Ble to apply to another school.

When she turned 14 a year before she entered the school, she recieved a ring and letter from her adoptive parents. Her real parents had wanted them to send the ring that could make her costume appear. Though they has the hero All Might, she still looked up to the american heroes.

Relationships:

Remi Persan- the adoptive mother in her family. She has a quirk with powers to grow plants at a very fast rate though its limited to only 2 times. Remi works in the plany store she owns. She does the laundry for the family and gives Deysha advice.

Endran Persan- the father figure in her adoptive family. He has a quirk with the power to find a person by having something with thier DNA on it. He is naturally a detective and loves his work. He loves doing the cooking for the family and spending time with his family.

Ethan Persan- Her brother and only adoptive sibling. He was one year younger than her But was already starting due to his power in the supporting class. He has a quirk of extreme intelligence and likes to help his sister with her power. She is also his guinea pig so he is more than welcome to his help. She doesnt mind unless it messes up her hair. He also made two braclets that help her control her power. He also had a crush on her friend Seth.

Seth Granhm- Her best friend who also came to school her. He has a ice creation and has new her since they were still very young kids. He was her knight but she was also a knight that was his. Surprisingly they didnt like each other like that. Actually that last comment is a lie, it would never work since he is gay. He also liked her brother back but didnt know how to approach them. She could only laugh at them from afar.

Quirk: Sound Distortion

The user can refine sound to make sonokinetic energy. That energy can then be used to make sonokinetic constructs. They each last up to 5 minutes with up to 3 at a time. There is a cooldown time of ten minutes. This requires moving sound around the user so naturally at a stadium they ahve the advantage. Destroying them lets out a blast of sound energy that knocks back the user and those around the sound object. If the user isnt within the 5 meter range they arent affected. Depending on the users strenght is how much they may get knocked back and the max is 3 meters. If the oponents strength is high enough, they may not even feel it. The constructs appear in a light blue color. The constructs are as durable as ironwood.

Special Moves: Dragon creation- the user can create 1 three meter tall sonokinetic Dragon. They can move alone but need to be controlled by user to keep attacking an enemy. The user can also fuse with them as armor to fight with. The durability is that of wood and its weakness is its wings. It can move 15 mph.

3 minute duration- 10 minutes cooldown

Items:
-a diamond, emerald, sapphire and ruby ring she got from her orginal parents.

Skills/talents:
-cooking
-singing
-any kind of dancing
-roller blading/ice skating

Theme Song: Im Weak by AJR
View attachment 353959 View attachment 353960
APPROVED!

Kaburagi.T..Kotetsu.full.764702.jpg

Quote:
“You’re under no obligation to be the same person you were five minutes ago.”-Unknown​

Name:
{S}

Nicknames:
Tanaka-Sensei
Ver-San
Dodgy Asshole

Hero Name:
Vertigo​

What they will teach:
General Studies Extra Course

Appearance:
-See Above/Gallery-
Kaburagi.T..Kotetsu.full.1256551.jpg
Kaburagi.T..Kotetsu.full.671952.jpg
Kaburagi.T..Kotetsu.full.968598.jpg

Hero Costume:
6690970b117edfab992f690abefed6f6--anime-outfits-fashion-outfits.jpg
The Left One
il_570xN.1269109677_bl37.jpg
medieval-slavic-cone-helm-helmet-armor-with-face-mask-visor-6.jpg
While the base to Vertigo's Costume is purely aesthetic the pauldron, helm, and arm braces are the real costume here. The armor isn't meant to protect at all. Rather it's meant to constantly catch and twist light to cause the colors to shift and intensify the feeling of vertigo. An opponent either risks watching his movement by powering through a stronger headache or avert your eyes leaving an opening for him to take advantage of.

Height:
6'1 || 73 || 185

Weight:
175lbs || 79kg

Personality:
Vertigo Is someone who is fulled with enthusiasm at the little things in life. He takes great pleasure in learning new things and more importantly sharing it with others. He not only aims to spread enthusiasm to his friends but genuinely expects them to give their own views and opinions. He sees life as a puzzle where everyone holds some of the pieces and you only really see the whole picture by meeting new people and sharing experiences.
That said he's not all talk. Vertigo is someone who wants to always be there to lend an ear for others, especially his students. He may not be good at solving the problem, really he isn't, but he can damn well make sure that you don't let it consume you. He constantly carries around a stress ball and encourages his students to practice deep breathing exercises.
At his core Vertigo is an emotional being, a very emotional being. Part of the reason Vertigo is so for helping his students mediate their emotions is because he's so bad at it. While he loves to get positive feedback, it's not uncommon for him to become extremely stressed about negative feedback. He has a hard time avoiding associating criticisms with a attack on his character. It's actually really common for him to bottle up these negative emotions until it leads to violently emotional outbursts as his response.
The criticism isn't all that undeserved though. Vertigo is a very impractical mess. He's not bad at his job but dang is he bad at organization. Routine is a completely foreign concept to him, and start times are purely optional. He may start five minutes early or fifteen late. He a has a very hands-on day by day approach to teaching which leads to overwhelming procrastination on all things paper related. Usually when it does come time to get around to it he has to beg for help or drown as he has a hard time focusing on the practical side of the job.

-Chocolates
-Running
-Instrumentally Focused Music
-Letters

Dislikes:
-Deserts
-Ginger
-Watching Sports
-Horror Movies
-Paperwork

Fears:
-Fear of Heights
-{S}

Mannerisms:
-Hunches all the time
-A tendency to loom over others

Relationships:
{S} : Mother

{S} : Father

{S} : Sister

{S} : Nephew

Michiko Ueno: Longtime Friend: Vertigo has know the woman since she returned from America, ~10 years. They met during a team up for hero work. He knows that by most standards people would call their friendship "odd" or "shallow" but they make it work. Vertigo's always willing to listen to her whenever she needs to vent or let out steam. He usually goes to beg Michiko for help with dealing with paperwork or to hang out with to avoid dealing with his responsibilities, though by now he's learned that he better be ready with a good bribe. He refers to her as Mi, both as a reference to her name and as calling her beautiful.

Backstory:
{S}

Reason for becoming a teacher:
Vertigo decided to become a teacher half because he felt like he'd be a good teacher half because it was something he would enjoy doing while also avoiding paperwork

Notable Feats as a hero:
-Captured several villains
-Assisted in capture of numerous villains
-Assisted in the covering/defending exits in hostage situations
-Assisted in emergency evacuations

Hero Style:
Capture

How He Helped The School:

Vertigo had been unable to use his quirk to help create the school but instead used his knowledge and skill in carpentry and flooring to help construct parts of the school and most of the furniture.

Quirk:
Shifting Center
Vertigo has the capability to induce the feel of dehydration onto his opponent through physical contact with the target. More specifically he must have the palm of his hand touching the target while focusing on the feeling of dizziness for his quirk to activate. This causes the target to become lightheaded and nauseous. The length of which is determined by how long he maintains contact. If he only manages to touch his opponent for an instant than the effects lasts a minute. If he can grab his opponent for half a minute he can keep the effect going for three minutes. Each half minute of contact raises it by two minutes of effect up until the effect hits seven minutes, however most people aren't going to let him grab them willingly which means the effect usually stays from three to five minutes.
Since Vertigo's quirk isn't an enhancer things like blow strength, durability, weight, speed, and jumping are all not useful measures in evaluation. In terms of activation it does takes a full minute between uses but generally, Vertigo's quirk doesn't really have an upper limit to the amount of times he can use it.

Special Moves:
{S}

Items:
-Pocky
-Ginger Snacks
-Crackers
-Stress Ball

Skills/talents:
-Skilled at playing the Piano
-Skilled at Carpentry & Flooring
-Skilled at General Maintenance / DIY Projects

Favorites:
Color: Sepia
Food: Tamagoyaki
Animal: Dogs
Music: Jazz
Season: Summer
Temperature: Warm
Place: Mountains
Video Game: Story Based Games

Theme Song:

Last edited:

• z4ap99V.jpg

Why does everyone feel like their opinions really matter? Seriously, no one actually gives a damn..-"
    -Rayō

Name: Ryotai Takahoma
    Nicknames: Prefers Ray', as he doesn't like to be compared to a currency.
    Though a select few get to call him Rayo. (He prefers it to be resting with a select few..)
    Taka was the name he went by as a child, but very few actually know of this.
    Height:Five Feet, Seven inches. [Or 173 centimeters, for ya' non-americans.]
    Weight:Two-Hundred Sixty-Three Pounds. [Or 119 kilograms, for ya' non-americans.]
    Appearance
    With a somewhat messy hair that is hardly ever seen without a cap over it, Ray takes little interest in how others perceive his appearance. But to make things simple and comfortable for himself, he has a set of outfits that he wears. Two tank tops, one black and one white (Two Beanies of the same color, each corresponding to its opposite tank-top.), and Athletic pants that are black, white, or grey. He also a small series of shorts and graphic T-shirts, but these are seen very rarely.
    'Nuff about his clothes, (definitely not because he'll be wearing a uniform most of the time) because his outfits are nothing without his broad appearance.
    Ray has a very dense build, as it is one of the byproducts of his mutation quirk. This makes him weigh much more than his physique would normally make him. His bones are much denser than the norm and are essentially wrapped in a thicker marrow that allows for major bodily shifts, i.e the large wings that burst from his back, are simply well folded under his heavily layered tissue, muscle, and flexible bone. These oddities make certain parts of his body jut out awkwardly, such as his scapulas' stick out, making it look like he slouches in an unhealthy manner. Other things that span from his mutation range from features that appear minuscule like his nails being very tough and sharp, to the very apparent patches of scales placed all over his body, or even just teeth that are much sharper than the norm. Most will notice the small patches of scales on his body, as they appear on his hands, forearms, neck, shoulders, and in random places on his lower body. One will often see the occasional bruises on his body, as he tends to take plenty of hits when boxing.

Theme:

I will have to keep an eye on it, but you clearly put enough work on this to earn a leap of faith. APPROVED!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back