• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Boku No Hero Academia: The Persephone Initiative (OOC)

What should the RP's theme song be?

• Something Else! (Post your suggestion in the thread)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rise Against- Reeducation

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AtlannianSpy

Alarmed and Strangerous
Boku No Hero Academia: The Persephone Initiative
---Interest Thread---OOC thread(you are here)---Character Thread---IC---​

This is the Out of Character discussion thread for BNHA: The Peserphone Initiative. Before posting in the IC make sure you check in here, post a character sheet in the character thread and wait for it to be accepted.

Questions, comments and concerns regarding the RP should be posted and discussed here, it's also a great place to chat with and get to know your fellow RP'ers so come on in and pull up a seat!

There are a few basic ground rules to get out of the way, hopefully they shouldn't be too much of an issue.

1. No godmodding: That is to say, don't determine what happens to other people's characters in your own posts, for example deciding that an attack lands and so writing the results of it in the same post as the attack occurs, deciding for someone else how much damage their character receives. From time to time I will throw weaker NPCs at you and tell you, expclicitly, that you can deal with them however you'd like in your own posts, if I don't tell you to do this then refrain from godmodding those NPC's as well.

2. No metagaming: Refrain from using knowledge that you have, but that your character would not have access to, to inform their decisions. Outside of combat, keep in mind that what you know and what your character knows are different. IF your character can reasonably deduce information or use their skills to discover something then that's fine and fantastic but make sure that information isn't coming from behind the fourth wall.

3. Be nice: I hope I don't have to explain this one too much, just be civil with each other, it's really far more pleasant on average. You guys are totally free to discuss things among yourselves and its fine if you don't agree with each other all the time. But if you can't settle something and I'm are not available to settle things officially then you may need to drop the matter and wait for us to resolve things rather then derail the thread. No when to walk away.

4. Quality and Quantity: I'm not really one to enforce arbitrary post lengths, three line minimums or anything like that, but I will talk to you if I think your posts aren't up to scratch and discuss how to improve. Generally it's important to have a certain amount of detail as it fleshes out your character and gives other rpers something to work with. If you aren't too sure how to do this then I will be more than happy to help you either in the OOC or privately by PM, as long as we're all putting up an honest effort then the rp will be more engaging and fun for everyone.

5.If you're unsure of anything, ask
: Seriously, I love the attention and it's better to clear things up right away, if you're wondering about it probably it's because something I set up was just confusing and other people are wondering about it too.

6. If you have ideas, share them:
I can't promise that I'll be able to implement everything but you guys are the stars of this show so if you want to go in a particular direction let me know! Want a figure from your mysterious past come back to haunt your character? Want them to face a heart wrenching moral quandary that will leave them forever scarred? Want an opportunity to show off their wicked sousaphone skills? I’ll try and work personal arcs and moments in where I can.

7. Have fun!

ANNOUNCEMENTS

The Character thread and skeleton are up! You can find them here and get started on your character. There's no rush if you need a bit more time though, we aren't going to start right away

We're looking for a themesong for the RP as a whole for a bit of extra flavor. If you have a suggestion feel free to post it here in the OOC. If we get enough I can put a poll up and we can vote on it. If nobody is really interested I'll just pick something, it's not a big deal either way.

Last edited:
Would anyone like to commit a robbery with my character? Maybe they've known each other since before the attempt?

I still am. Do you have anything filled out for your call yet?
Not yet. I've plenty of ideas floating about, though, with a general idea of how I want his backstory to play out. If you have anything on yours, we could discuss the shared history between our characters via PM. My post count isn't high enough to make PMs yet though.

Speaking of, I also have a quirk idea that I should probably run by Atlannian before posting it. I call it Nebula, and it works like this; the user's body generates a special type of gas in a dedicated organ and can release it through several holes on his body. Once released, the user can manipulate the gas to form solid or explosive objects, similar to how stars and planetary bodies form out of actual nebula clouds. The drawbacks are that the gas itself is harmless until condensed, and only a small amount can be stored in the organ that produces it; the rest has to be generated as the user uses his quirk, which puts strain on the organ and can cause serious internal bleeding if overused. That sound good, or is it too strong?

EDIT: For clarification, the explosion part is less "big fiery ball of death" and more "condensed gas suddenly and rapidly expanding," which would cause an explosion-esque shockwave.

Last edited:
Not yet. I've plenty of ideas floating about, though, with a general idea of how I want his backstory to play out. If you have anything on yours, we could discuss the shared history between our characters via PM. My post count isn't high enough to make PMs yet though.

Speaking of, I also have a quirk idea that I should probably run by Atlannian before posting it. I call it Nebula, and it works like this; the user's body generates a special type of gas in a dedicated organ and can release it through several holes on his body. Once released, the user can manipulate the gas to form solid or explosive objects, similar to how stars and planetary bodies form out of actual nebula clouds. The drawbacks are that the gas itself is harmless until condensed, and only a small amount can be stored in the organ that produces it; the rest has to be generated as the user uses his quirk, which puts strain on the organ and can cause serious internal bleeding if overused. That sound good, or is it too strong?

EDIT: For clarification, the explosion part is less "big fiery ball of death" and more "condensed gas suddenly and rapidly expanding," which would cause an explosion-esque shockwave.

I like it. Pretty dope with some nice drawbacks. I don't have enough post either

I think the quirk sounds good. You guys can discuss your backstory here if you can't use PM's, the thread's here to be used.

Alright, we'll do that then.

I guess the first step is figuring out how long they've known each other; whether they've been friends for life or have only known each other for a few years.

Which of those would you prefer? My character's background is pretty flexible so I'll leave the choice to you. DarknessSama17 DarknessSama17

Last edited:
So while waiting for Darkness to get back, I'm gonna throw out a suggestion for the Rp's theme.

It's not a Jpop song, obviously, but I think it fits the "criminals looking for a second chance" vibe.

Sheet's done. The pretty one and the basic one. The only thing the basic one has over the pretty one is the added theme song. I couldn't be bothered with inserting it into the format.

I have a song I think would be good for the theme:

I picked it since it fits the idea of not giving up.

Okay so first off, we have at least two theme song suggestions, so I think I will go ahead and make that poll. I'll still be accepting new suggestions until we settle on one so feel free t suggest more if you want.

Now: characters!

OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi

I like Mercury, I think he has a strong angle and his backstory and all that work well. My thoughts are that ghost in the machine seems a bit too flexible in its current form.

I'm mostly concerned with what he can do in the physical world. Am I understanding correctly that -as long as he has access to a electronic device with a screen- he can transform into a sort of construct that can turn invisible, physically resemble anyone and is very difficult to destroy.

That seems sufficient to cover two, or possibly even three separate quirks and that's without even taking into account his abilities in the virtual world. So I'd like to see that side of his quirk be reduced in terms of what it can do. I can discuss some specific limitations or if you have an idea about how to change it that fits what you want for the character we can look at that.

DarknessSama17 DarknessSama17

Since the app's still a bit of a work in progress I won't cover everything although I would love to see the personality section expanded a bit if you're not still working on it.

The quirk seems good. The ability to make his crystals animated gave me pause but I think the limitations you put in place are sufficient to balance it out.

In terms of his stats, I just wanna note that finesse is maybe a bit more broad than you're thinking, it can affect all sorts of things. In Kaden's case finesse would influence his ability to finely shape whatever he creates, as his finesse increases he'll be able to craft more varied and complex shapes or make things small, detailed things. I suppose since he can only create a couple of different things at the moment that actually works out well though.

Hello! I was wondering if this RP was still open because I've noticed the "seven juvenile delinquents" part in the interest check. >w>7

And if it is, I'm just wondering. Are CSs first come first serve or will they be accepted based on quality?

I have a question as well~!

So I saw that our possible characters should've committed a crime and have been sent to jail. While I can imagine those in the 16-19 range being tried as an adult, I find it difficult to grasp children as young as 14 to 15 being sent to the big house. Would it be possible they get sent to a correctional facility/juvie instead?

Hi hi! I have a question as well... (it's like a little train lol) I noticed that the few character sheets that are up have non-Japanese names so I got me wonder.... Boku no Hero Academia's story was based in Japan but you never stated whether this rp would be the same or not? Could you clarify this?

Hi hi! I have a question as well... (it's like a little train lol) I noticed that the few character sheets that are up have non-Japanese names so I got me wonder.... Boku no Hero Academia's story was based in Japan but you never stated whether this rp would be the same or not? Could you clarify this?
I actually have the same question!

*tacks on another question to the train*
Not 100% sure if I'll be going this route, but in regards to the criteria that quirks must have room to grow, would this requirement be covered by the way that the quirk is applied? What I mean is, would it still count if the "improvement" is within the application and knowledge of the quirk rather than the quirk itself? For example, let's say that the quirk is actually very basic, so the quirk itself can't really be expanded upon but due to its simplicity, it's fairly flexible and can be used in different ways depending on the situation, though it's up to the user to use it effectively.

I kind of wanna expand on this question since I think I'm going to go with a mental quirk like mind reading, or minor thought control. Would increase the intelligence of the character has an effect on the quirk? I.e. learn more ways in which to use it? Like Nano said the quirk would be basic in nature but perhaps grows in a non-traditional way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back