Other Board gamers?

DeafLordess

Fear me, for I hear not your complaints
Any board gamers out there? My family and I are all big board game players. We play a lot European games. Some of my favorites are:

• Dominion
  • Ascension
  • Thunderstone
  • 7 Wonders
  • Machi Koro
  • Catan
  • Splendor

Very much yes.

I love Dominion and other deck building campaigns.   I also enjoy Agricola, Colosseum, and other worker placement and economy games.   I used to love cooperative games, but I find that one person usually dominates the game and plays everyone's turn.  

Very much yes.

I love Dominion and other deck building campaigns.   I also enjoy Agricola, Colosseum, and other worker placement and economy games.   I used to love cooperative games, but I find that one person usually dominates the game and plays everyone's turn.  

I play a lot of co-op games, one of my favs being Pandemic. It's a pretty fun one, but that is also my style of game. Though, to be fair, I play just about anything. Even WIn, Lose, Banana

Tokaido is super fun. Take the most relaxing japanese vacation ever. Comes with minis if you get the deluxe edition. 

My family just got a bunch of new games and now, my current favorites are:

• Sentinels of the Multiverse
  • Ora et Labora
  • Munchkinz
  • Saboteur

Catan is definitely one of my favorites to play at any friend-gathering! It's easy to teach people and it's very entertaining.

I've recently discovered a board game called Above and Below and I'm finding I really enjoy it. Betrayal at the house on the hill, another great but sometimes complicated one. Pandemic, Elder Sign, god there's a lot of board games I like but I can't even remember all of their names. =D

Catan is definitely one of my favorites to play at any friend-gathering! It's easy to teach people and it's very entertaining.

I've recently discovered a board game called Above and Below and I'm finding I really enjoy it. Betrayal at the house on the hill, another great but sometimes complicated one. Pandemic, Elder Sign, god there's a lot of board games I like but I can't even remember all of their names. =D

I LOVE Betrayel, but like you said, it's complicated. And Pandemic is another great one. My dad and I played it all the time during my surgery recovers.

I absolutely love tabletop games, and am a DM myself. Other than that though, my favorite board game ever is called Dixit. I also enjoy Elder Sign, Sheriff of Nottingham, Pandemic, Cards Against Humanity, and many MANY more. This chat is probably where I'm going to live for a bit.

D&D, Pathfinder, Shadowrun, Risk, a couple card games if those count, Monopoly, Battleship, Clue, Life, Trivial Pursuit, Backgammon, Chess, Checkers, and many others. I haven't been able to play many of them that much any more.

Actually, I have something that may be of interest to the thread.

This is a show where Wil Wheaton invites people to his house in order to play board games. It's very well done and someone that you might know may end up being a guest. It is also a great way to learn about new games.

FREAKING LOVE CATAN

But my Sunday School class (where we actually learn nothing about stuff) just sits around, talks, eats donuts, and plays board games. Favorite right now is Tiki Topple.

If any of you have tabletop simulator, perhaps we could get a group together sometime to play some games. : D

I just got the Talisman digital edition, and it's freaking addictive. Especially if you've got a few of them expansion packs.

Other than that, I've also played Space Hulk (though I haven't played the base games, I still find the setting of warhammer 40k very interesting), Exalted (though, I barely understood the concept; very confusing), and good ol' D&D. 

And there's a bit of Shadowrun too, but not much. I don't have a lot of cash, as you can see.

So guys, we should totally make a tabletop simulator group for RPN. Hopefully we can convert more people on the site to games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back