• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Blood Ties (DrTrollinski & Soul OMU)

DrTrollinski

Don't let the name scare you.
(1x1 RP between myself and Soul OMU)

Glenbrook, Nevada - July 29th, 2015.

It was an early morning in the Summer of 2015. The sun was beating down on Nevada like it did every day, and life in the King household was going well, as per usual. It was a luxury life with a luxury home and an even better lifestlye - it was filled with love, overall. Love from the parents, and love between the siblings. The siblings play the most important part in this story, strangely, but that shall remain a mystery until the end. Why were they so important?

It was a day before Cole's birthday and he was spread across his bed in his very lovely and spacious bedroom - he had a double bed, like George did, but Olivia only had a single bed. There wasn't really any need for her to have a double bed just yet, plus, she was only a little girl, and she was so fragile and sweet, whereas the boys liked to lounge about and absolutely loved their comfort.

George came speeding into Cole's room and hopped onto the bed beside him, hitting his chest.

"Cole!"

"Ugh!" He quickly opened his eyes and gasped. ".. George..." He muttered, taking a deep breath and setting his head on the pillow. He never shouted at his brother and sister unless they deliberately tried to annoy him, which wasn't very often. ".. Sup, bro?" He laughed a little, George slid into the bed beside him and hugged him.

".. Nothin'... I want you to come downstairs and watch me in the lake. I don't like goin' there alone." He said quietly, looking away.

"What's up, worried the giant water snake's gonna' eat you?"

"Nuh-uh... It's 'cause of what happened when I was little..." He said, Cole hugged him with one arm and then took a deep breath, looking at his watch. It was just about nine o'clock in the morning.

".. Okay. Let's wait a while, Olivia will probably be up soon." He smiled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Olivia was curled up in her bed, blanket over her head as she laid asleep. She may be young but she loved her sleep almost as much as most Teenagers, she knew that sleep helped you grow but most of the time she was just tired from the long day of playing with her brothers, or going shopping with mommy or playing with Lex's hair when she came over to visit. To be honest she wished Lex could stay over more because she liked having another girl in the house that wasn't her mommy.

Brandon woke up and slowly got out of bed; he looked down at his wife. God, she was beautiful; he planted a gentle kiss on her lips and then slipped on his bathrobe after picking it up from the floor. With a yawn he made his way out of the room and over to Olivia's room - he could hear the boys talking from where he was standing, so this was the most he'd do. He pushed the door to her room open and left it like that, knowing that it'd eventually wake her up. He and Olivia were close, like a lot of fathers and daughters - He was very close to his two sons, but he still loved spending time with Olivia as well. Despite his work, he always took the time to take the kids to school every morning, and thankfully his job allowed him to work from home, so during the Summer, things with the family were great.

He went downstairs and used the coffee machine to make himself a cup of coffee, then he went and sat over at the small table by the double sliding glass doors that lead out to the wooding decking that overlooked the lake. (@Soul OMU)

Miranda smiles a bit in her sleep and curls up deeper under the covers, making you wonder where Olivia got her tendency to sleep in late and curl up deeper under the covers. She had a late night, last night finishing an article, she unfortunately kept her husband up last night and knows she'll make it up to him somehow.

Olivia yawned softly as she slowly started to wake. She slowly sat up as the covers fell off her and into her lap as she rubbed her eyes tiredly. Despite loving her sleep, she was a very light sleeper and woke up easily, so when her father opened the door of her room.

(@DrTrollinski)

(I guess we'll say that she went downstairs after she got up. It would kinda make sense, to be fair.)

Brandon was sitting at the table and simply sipping his coffee when he heard a little pair of footsteps making their way down the stairs. He turned to look over towards the entrance of the kitchen when he saw Olivia walk in - the sweet and quiet little girl with dark hair and a small frame. Too cute, in his eyes.

".. How's my little sweetheart doin' this morning?" He asked, smiling across at her.

--

Cole slowly got out of the bed and pulled George up with him, lifting him onto his shoulders.

"Let's go see who's up." Cole said, he exercised quite a lot, so he was strong enough to support the weight of the boy sat on his shoulders. When they were walking by the bedroom, George scrambled off of him and hopped down off of his back.

".. I wanna' get mom and dad up." He smiled and then shot into the bedroom.

".. See you downstairs, then." He said as he started to wander towards the stairs, but then turned and went into the bathroom and locked the door. George went into the bedroom of his parents and looked at the bed; he could only see his mom in there, so he walked up to her side of the bed and then gently shook her forearm.

".. Mom..." He said softly to her, a gentle smile on his face. He loved his mom just as much as he loved his father, but his mom was always the one who was there to comfort him when he got upset or when he had a problem with something, so he liked to spend time with her and sink into her kindness. (@Soul OMU)

Last edited by a moderator:
Olivia hugging her stuff bunny, currently just cladded in her pink pjs. "Morning Daddy... And I'm okay..." she said as she rubbed her eye tiredly and made her way down the last two steps before walking over to him and reaching up, wanting to be picked up obviously, loves being picked up in her dad's arms since she's never worried about him dropping her.

--

Miranda groaned a bit as she slowly opened her eyes and looked at her youngest son and smiled a bit. "Morning sunshine... what is it?" she said softly while yawning a bit and blinking her eyes a couple of times to get the blurriness and drowziness from them since she was still a bit tired but loved her youngest son to bits. (@DrTrollinski)

"Aha." He laughed a little and then leaned over, sweeping her up off of the floor and sitting her on his lap. ".. That's good. That's very good indeed." He smiled and kissed the top of her head, holding her close. ".. So, you and mommy still haven't told me what you got Cole for his birthday tomorrow." He chuckled a little and looked down at her.

--

".. Nothin'... I just wanted to know if you were gonna' get up." He shrugged and smiled before climbing into bed beside her and lying down, his head on her pillow while he looked at her. His face was so soft and sweet, and his smile only shone a perfect set of white teeth. He hugged her a little and then yawned. ".. Did you sleep good?" He asked. (@Soul OMU)

Olivia giggles a bit and shakes her head before hiding her face behind her rabbit. "I can't tell you, I'm sorry daddy." She said while looking at him.

--

Miranda smiles a bit while hugging him gently. "Ah... Okay, also I slept fine darling... How about you?" She asked while stroking his cheek.

"Well... That is a shame, bunny-face." He said, it was a bad joke that any little kid would have found funny. He had to use appropriate and simple jokes with her, that was just the rule. He leaned her back and then started tickling her under her arms and on her stomach, but only gently so that he didn't hurt her, or anything. ".. Are you suuuuuuuuuuure you can't tell me?" He asked with a grin while tickling her.

--

".. I slept good, mom." He smiled at her. God, just smiling at her brought back the painful memory of when he almost drowned after going out of his depth in the lake. He still remembered the salty taste of the water and how Miranda and Cole came diving in to save him. He was only five years old of the time, and he's been terrified of swimming in the lake ever since. ".. Can you come and make breakfast, I'm really hungry and everyone else is awake." He smiled at her. (@Soul OMU)

Olivia squeals in surprise and starts giggling, trying to get away. "Eep! D-Daddy! N-noooo! H-hehe! Stooooppaaaah!" She squealed whiled trying to get him to stop.

--

Miranda lightly strokes his hair and sighs before smiling. "Alright... Let's go even thought your dad could cook for you darling." She said as she got out of bed. (@DrTrollinski)

"Raaa!" He roared as he tickled her for a few moments more, and then finally stopped and took a deep breath, then he simply went to hugging her and keeping her sat on his lap. A toilet was heard flushing from upstairs, which showed that Cole was to be arriving at some point soon. He looked towards the stairs and then kissed the top of Olivia's head. ".. I love you, honey." He chuckled a little under his breath and then looked around.

--

".. Yeah, but--.." He yawned as he shuffled out of the bed and scrambled up to stand beside her, smiling. ".. You can cook way better than dad can." He grinned. "I wanna' have waffles and syrup, mom." He added. (@Soul OMU)

Olivia giggles a bit as she starts to calm down while leaning back against him. "I love you too daddy." She said softly while smiling a bit.

--

Miranda smiles a bit and laughs. "Alright alright... Let's go." She said as she slot got up and yawned as she grabbed her house coat. (@DrTrollinski)

He smiled. He loved his kids so much - they completely completed his life, and he didn't think that they realized that at all. He hugged her tight and then took a deep breath. ".. I think I hear mommy and someone else on their way down, so we should get some breakfast soon." He said.

--

Cole walked out of the bathroom as Miranda and George exited the bedroom. He smiled at them both. ".. Morning, mom." He said, beginning to walk alongside them. ".. How was your night? I was up pretty late with George here, and we could here you tappin' away on your laptop at stupid o'clock." He chuckled a little. (@Soul OMU)

Olivia smiles a bit and giggles softly while snuggling into him. "Yay..." She said softly while hugging her stuffed bunny.

--

Miranda smiles a bit while walking with them. "Morning my almost grown man. And I slept alright... Sorry for keeping you boys up... I had to finish my article." She said while walking downstairs. (@DrTrollinski)

".. Eh, it's fine. We were up playing video games last night, anyway. You didn't keep us up." He chuckled and ruffled George's hair. ".. And that's good that you got it done. It'd be even better if I read the paper, but... You know, it might be something dad would read." He laughed a little as he went down the stairs with them. "So. What's for breakfast this morning?" He asked.

George grinned. "Waffles and syrup!" He chirped. Cole smiled and chuckled. Awesome. Cole had been really happy recently - it might have been because of his birthday being soon, or it could have been because he was just simply enjoying life. It was kind of hard to tell. (@Soul OMU)

Miranda rolls her eyes a bit as she smiles while making her way into the kitchen and over to the stove to turn on the burners while she got started on the pancake mix. "So anything special planned Cole?" She said while looking at him, she finished making the batter and was now just waiting on the butter to melt in the pan. (@DrTrollinski)

Cole sat down beside his dad and Olivia, but shuffled up one seat so that Olivia could have her own as well; once she shuffled over, he hugged her with one arm and then looked up at George who was sitting beside the chair that Miranda would sit in.

"For my birthday, you mean...?" Cole asked, he reached up and scratched the back of his head. ".. Well--.. Unless something suddenly comes up, I was planning to spend the day with all of you... Unless you want me gone, of course." He chuckled a little and set his hands down on the table, linking them in front of him. (@Soul OMU)

Miranda smiles a bit and shrugs. "I was just wondering since you usually hang out with Lexie." She said while starting to pour the batter on the pan. Olivia slides over and sits between her daddy and big brother, smiling a bit while humming a bit. (@DrTrollinski)

"Well, I'm sure she could come over here and hang with us." He shrugged and smiled. ".. Any ideas what we could do tomorrow? I mean, there's the lake, and the weather forecast for tomorrow is blazin' hot like it always is this time of year." He shrugged again. "Anything else?"

"Well, I can tell you one thing, I don't want to be sittin' in the house and wastin' a nice day. We should have a barbecue, good and proper. What do you say about that, honey?" Brandon asked as he looked over at Miranda. (@Soul OMU)

"Yeah, that'd be awesome." George grinned. "Cole's friends are all cool." He smiled, Cole laughed a little and then nodded in agreement while he waited for his food. He looked over to Brandon and sighed.

"Dad... Can we have drinks and stuff, this time?" He asked, Brandon grinned teasingly and turned to him.

"You can have milk and juice boxes like you do every year, yeah." He and George instantly burst out into laughter. George was a joker, just like his father, and everyone knew that.

Cole went red. "No, I mean like... Beer, and stuff." He squeaked, Brandon sighed, patted his shoulder, and then looked at Miranda.

"Hey, sweetheart... Think we should go easy on him this year and let him figure out why it's bad to get drunk himself?" He asked her, smiling. (@Soul OMU)

Miranda carefully moves the pancakes onto a spare plate. "I don't see why not so long as you make sure you have you know what in your pockets just in case!" She said while bringing the plate over to the table.

Olivia blinks and tilts head before taking a pancake and putting it on her plate in front of her. (@DrTrollinski)

Brandon and the boys also did the same thing, taking as many pancakes as they desired but also leaving enough for Miranda.

"Thanks, mom, dad." Cole said. Woohoo. A birthday party with alcohol at long last. He joyfully scooped some of his pancakes into his mouth and chewed on it. Miranda always had been an amazing cook - Brandon's cooking could never top it, not by a long-shot.

George looked at the pancakes for a moment and then looked over at Miranda with a grin. "Mom." He called her, grinning in a warm and playful way as he leaned over and whispered something into her ear. ".. I said waffles." He pulled away and looked at her with that cheesy grin and soft eyes. She knew he was only joking - He always did that. George was such a soft and sweet kid. He was grateful for everything he got, and he never got into any fights or scraps at school; he helped out around the house when he could, too. He pulled back and continued eating, a smile glued to his face. (@Soul OMU)

Miranda smiles a bit and sits down. "Your welcome Cole and George!" She huffed a bit but her eyes were bright with amusement as she took his nose playfully. "Ahaha! Your nose is mine!" She said while Olivia smiled a bit and started eating her pancakes quietly. (@DrTrollinski)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back