• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Blood Ties (DrTrollinski & Soul OMU)

DrTrollinski said:
"Thanks, mom..." He smiled at her and hugged her again. "Is dad gonna be able to come home again today? Or does he have to stay here?" He asked quietly. He was already ready to accept it if his dad had to stay, but it'd be nice to have him back at home again.
Miranda sighs. "I think daddy needs to stay here longer just so the doctors can make sure he's 100% okay." She said while looking at him.

".. Okay, mom..." He sighed a little and then went over to dad and gave him once nice big hug, but ensured that he didn't touch his stomach at all. Brandon gave a weak smile and hugged him back, rubbing his back a little as he did so.

"You've been a brave boy, haven't you? I hope as the man of the house, you were taking care of mom and Olivia for me." He smiled and gently tickled his side. George squirmed and giggled for a few moments, but then settled down and took a deep breath while resting his head on Brandon's chest and looking up at him from that angle.

".. Kinda'... I did try, dad." He said, Brandon ruffled his hair and chuckled a little.

"Good boy. You've been braver than me during all of this, eh? You think you'd be alright with being the man of the house for a few more days until I can come home?" He asked, George thought for a moment but then smiled and nodded.

"Uh-huh. I can do that, dad."

"Gooooooood..." He ruffled his hair playfully and then looked up at Miranda. ".. There you go, honey... You've got a big strong man to replace me for a while." He winked at her and smiled. "Why don't you get Olivia up and take these two to get some breakfast? Being the man of the house sure works up an appetite." He laughed a little.

DrTrollinski said:
".. Okay, mom..." He sighed a little and then went over to dad and gave him once nice big hug, but ensured that he didn't touch his stomach at all. Brandon gave a weak smile and hugged him back, rubbing his back a little as he did so.
"You've been a brave boy, haven't you? I hope as the man of the house, you were taking care of mom and Olivia for me." He smiled and gently tickled his side. George squirmed and giggled for a few moments, but then settled down and took a deep breath while resting his head on Brandon's chest and looking up at him from that angle.

".. Kinda'... I did try, dad." He said, Brandon ruffled his hair and chuckled a little.

"Good boy. You've been braver than me during all of this, eh? You think you'd be alright with being the man of the house for a few more days until I can come home?" He asked, George thought for a moment but then smiled and nodded.

"Uh-huh. I can do that, dad."

"Gooooooood..." He ruffled his hair playfully and then looked up at Miranda. ".. There you go, honey... You've got a big strong man to replace me for a while." He winked at her and smiled. "Why don't you get Olivia up and take these two to get some breakfast? Being the man of the house sure works up an appetite." He laughed a little.
Miranda smiles a bit and sighs quietly as she looks over at Olivia who doesn't seem to be waking any time soon. Olivia snuggles up to Brandon and coos softly as she yawns and curls up tighter, not going to be happy if woken.

Miranda looks over at Olivia, "maybe we'll leave her with you and get something to eat and bring you guys something back to eat." She said softly while looking at them.

"That sounds like a plan." Brandon smiled and then put an arm around Olivia, holding her close. ".. You can take my wallet and pay for it with my card, if you want to... I don't mind at all." He said to them both, and then looked up at George and took a deep breath. "'Dunkin' Donuts', eh?" He chuckled. "Well, that does sound very nice indeed... You can get me the... Bacon, Egg, and Cheese bagel, eh? I could use some good breakfast... Get me a black coffee with that, and a glazed donut." He winked at him and then hugged him with his free arm.

"We will, dad." George smiled and hugged him back, and then turned back to Miranda. "Let's go, mom. We can't let 'em get too hungry." He grinned at her and tugged on her arm a little. (@Soul OMU)

Miranda smiles a bit and takes his hand as they head out. "Of course not... We need to make sure that they stay satisfied..." She said in anusement while walking with him to Dunkin donuts.

Dunkin' Donuts was a fair distance away, so they were going to have to drive there. The first thing George did when they got outside was spy around for his mom's car, and as soon as he saw it, he dashed over to it to wait for her. As soon as she unlocked it, he did something that he never really got the chance to do because he usually wanted to sit with Olivia - He took the shotgun seat and buckled up his belt.

"Are me and you gonna' stay there to eat our stuff and then buy dad's and Olivia's, or are we gonna' eat it all together back at the hospital?" He asked. ".. I wanna' get the ham, egg, and cheese one... and... A... hot cocoa, and... a strawberry sprinkle donut. We gotta get hash browns, too! Hash browns for all of us! Can we do that?" He asked with a smile.

Miranda smiles a bit. "We'll probably eat it all together back at the hospital darlin'. It's only fair we all eat together... might make your father feel better after what happened... Besides i'm sure your sister would want to eat with you too." she said while getting in the car and starting her up as she pulled out of her parking spot and started to head towards the nearest Dunkin' Donuts.

"Awesome. I'm okay with that. I wanna' eat it all with dad and Olivia, anyway. It'll be just like at home when we have breakfast." He grinned as he looked out of the windscreen whilst fidgeting his legs about a bit. He should have used the bathroom before he left, but he knew he could wait. He figured he may as well make the effort to make mom aware that he needed to go, though. That way she might move along a little faster. "Mom, can we get there quick? I gotta' go pee." He said, linking his hands in his lap.

--

They came into South Dakota by the morning. It wasn't an easy ride, but they got there eventually. Cole didn't give them any trouble after they threatened his brother and sister. He'd take every beating they could give him if it meant keeping those two safe. He couldn't let anything happen to them. He wouldn't let anything happen to them, even if he was going to have to go across the country to make sure of it.

They went into the small down of Pine Ridge in South Dakota, and then drove straight towards the industrial area. Well, it wasn't industrial, but it was warehouses. So far, this wasn't looking good.

Miranda sighs softly and starts driving a bit faster. "Of course hun, but you should have warned me darling." she said while heading towards the Dunkin' Donuts.

"Okay... Sorry, mom." He said, shrugging a little. Yeah, maybe it would have been a good idea to tell her about it before they left, because he could have gone then, but oh well. What's done is done, right? "You gotta' remember, dad wants the bacon and egg and cheese bagel... And a black coffee, he said..." He paused and thought for a moment. "Oh, and a glazed donut!" He grinned. "What do you think Olivia will want?" He asked. He didn't really know what her preference was when it came to Dunkin' Donuts.

Miranda smiles a bit and shrugs. "I don't know what she would want, probably anything sweet." she said while turning onto the road where the Dunkin' Donuts was.

By the time they were actually there, George was pretty desperate to get to the bathroom. He was certain fifteen minutes ago that he could hold it, but now he wasn't so sure. When he saw Dunkin' Donuts, not only did his stomach grumble, but his bladder felt like it was trying to punch out of his body.

"Mom... We gotta' go in there now." He said, his legs fidgeting all over the place. He had his hands cupped over his groin, but he certainly couldn't walk into the place looking like that. He wasn't going to, either. "You gotta' get Olivia a proper bagel, too." He said right as he hopped out of the car and waited outside for Miranda. He wasn't going to be running off without her.

He was near enough dancing as he walked alongside Miranda, holding her hand as they made their way into the store. It wasn't actually that busy this morning, but as soon as they got inside, he spotted one thing: The doorway that lead through to the bathrooms.

Thank god.

"Mom, I'm gonna' go bathroom... Don't forget what I want." He smiled. "A ham, egg, and cheese bagel, a hot cocoa, a strawberry sprinkle donut, and... we gotta' get some hash browns for all of us. Don't forget!" He grinned at her and then spun on one heel and took off towards the bathroom, dashing through the door and running right through to the men's room. For a minute, he thought he wasn't going to make it. He did, thankfully.

(@Soul OMU)

(@Soul OMU)

He was actually in the bathroom for quite a while. A couple of minutes, at least. Of course, some of that was spent washing his hands and drying them off, and so on. Once he was done, he went back out of the bathroom and straight back to Miranda's side, tugging at her sleeve.

"I'm back, mom." He smiled up at her, and then leaned against her while he waited for the food to be given to them.

(Do you want to write something for Cole's side in your next post? If you go back, you'll see what I wrote about him @Soul OMU)

(There isn't much I can write for that except that she's still following...)

Miranda smiles down at him while waiting for their order. "Hey hun, I just finished ordering and we just have to wait for our order."

(Alright.)

"Yeah, I know." He smiled and then hugged her leg whilst looking around at some of the people that came up to order as well. They all looked down on him and gave him a smile - What can I say? George was a cute kid, and he'd get a smile out of anyone, even if they were the most cold-hearted people in the world. He was certain he'd be able to get at least a faint smirk onto their lips.

--

Cole was soon dragged out of the back of the van and dragged straight into the warehouse. The doors were locked right behind them, and he struggled and kicked in an attempt to get free, but he only got punches to his gut to stop him and enable him to be dragged along. How horrible. Who the fuck was going to save him now? There were skylights on the roof of the warehouse, but that was it. No one could jump down from that height unless they climbed across the boxes and shelves, and so on.

Cole was dead. He was sure of it. (@Soul OMU)

DrTrollinski said:
(Alright.)
"Yeah, I know." He smiled and then hugged her leg whilst looking around at some of the people that came up to order as well. They all looked down on him and gave him a smile - What can I say? George was a cute kid, and he'd get a smile out of anyone, even if they were the most cold-hearted people in the world. He was certain he'd be able to get at least a faint smirk onto their lips.

--

Cole was soon dragged out of the back of the van and dragged straight into the warehouse. The doors were locked right behind them, and he struggled and kicked in an attempt to get free, but he only got punches to his gut to stop him and enable him to be dragged along. How horrible. Who the fuck was going to save him now? There were skylights on the roof of the warehouse, but that was it. No one could jump down from that height unless they climbed across the boxes and shelves, and so on.

Cole was dead. He was sure of it. (@Soul OMU)
Miranda ruffles his hair a bit while standing with him, waiting for their order to be done or called.

The young woman watched as they dragged him into the old warehouse and managed to sneak in before they locked the doors and was hidden among some crates.

"Mom... Did you order dad what he asked for?" He squeaked in question. He was starting to worry about dear old dad again. What if something happened to him while they were gone? No. No... That wouldn't happen, would it? No, it wouldn't. Dad was fine, and he was with Olivia, so they were either both awake, or Olivia was still asleep. "When do you think dad's gonna' be able to come home?" He asked quietly. "Is he gonna' be in hospital long?"

--

Cole was dragged over to the center of the large warehouse and then thrown into a chair that he was instantly tied to. He was crying, sobbing. He just wanted to get out of here. He wanted to go and tell mom that he was okay. He wanted to see if his dad was dead or alive. He wanted to hug George and Olivia and tell them that it was all going to be alright.

That wasn't happening.

"So. Cole." One man started as he slipped some gloves onto his hands. "Why do you think you're here?"

"I don't know..." He sobbed weakly.

Miranda looks at him and nods. "Of course I did love. And probably in a few more days." She said while patting his head.

--

The young woman watching while narrowing her eyes a bit.

".. Okay... We ain't gonna' have to stay at the hospital for those nights, are we? Like, dad won't mind if we go home, right?" He asked. He liked staying with his dad, but the hospital bed was nowhere near as nice as his own one. He wanted to go home and curl up into bed after having a bedtime story read to him. He wanted to be able to take a shower in his own bathroom. He wanted to be able to walk outside and sit in one of the loungers on the back patio.

And then the Dunkin' Donuts bag was placed on the counter in front of Miranda.

"That'll be twenty dollars, fifty cents, ma'am." The man said. And all of a sudden, all of George's worries were gone. They had a little disposable tray that the drinks were sat in, too.

--

"You owe us a lot of money, son." He said to him, and then gave him a straight punch to the side of his jaw. Cole let out a cry and looked at the floor, the tears falling from his eyes.

"No I don't! I don't even know you!" He sobbed loudly to him. "Just let me go... I'm not in any debt... Please, let me go home..." He whimpered.

Miranda nods and takes the money out of her wallet and hands it to him. "Here you go. Keep the change." She said as she took the tray and the bag.

"Have a nice day, ma'am." The man said as he shoved the cash into the cash register. George held Miranda's free hand as they walked out of the store and back towards the car. He had a bit of a spring to his step - he couldn't wait to tuck into the amazing breakfast mom had just treated him to. "Thanks for buyin' me somethin' nice for breakfast, mom... Can I have my drink in the car?" He asked, giving her a cheeky little smile.

(@Soul OMU)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back