• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Blood & Ruin (A Dark Fantasy Roleplay)

Oh hey, I knew this looked familiar! You tried hosting this on another site 18 months ago, but the site didn't really have enough traffic to gather a strong cast.

I'm still invested. Mind if I bring over the character I made back then? He was an antiquarian working with an Antiques Roadshow-esque company, which is why I'd like to see if PowerElite PowerElite is cool with sharing space with another merchant type, and if AI10100 AI10100 and . D O V E . D O V E would like to have a recurring client.

Yeah, I'm okay with that. Now that I'm planning the character out more, they're going to be a fairly inexperienced merchant lol

Also, how long has this civil war been going on for?

I'd love to join. I've used RPNation before a couple years ago so this isn't my first rodeo. I have two very good and super cool friends as well (we all wanted to give this type of roleplaying a shot to switch it up from tabletop) Beeza Beeza and M MaymayA ! I'm just wondering when the applications are due!

Oh hey, I knew this looked familiar! You tried hosting this on another site 18 months ago, but the site didn't really have enough traffic to gather a strong cast.

I'm still invested. Mind if I bring over the character I made back then? He was an antiquarian working with an Antiques Roadshow-esque company, which is why I'd like to see if PowerElite PowerElite is cool with sharing space with another merchant type, and if AI10100 AI10100 and . D O V E . D O V E would like to have a recurring client.

I'm down! We could have it where my sellsword accompanied him to Bellus? Since I was trying to think of an excuse as to why he's here and not at the crux of the fighting where all the money is lol

Alrighty, I finished my character sheet! Let me know if anything needs to be adjusted, still a bit new to RPNation, haha

Name
Calliope “Cali” Arnault (formerly Isabel Camonte)

Appearance
Calliope has black hair tied into twin tails towards the back, stretching down her lower thighs, alongside two red bow hair ties and two short bangs at the front of her hair. She has amber eyes and a fair complexion. She is slim yet slightly muscled and stands at 5’7”, weighing around 102 pounds. She has a long scar on her shoulder, a longer scar on her back, and a shorter scar on her right thigh, but those have mostly faded as the incidents that caused these scars happened a long time ago and have mostly healed. She still actively attempts to fix them and does her best to hide them. Other than the scars, Calliope has unblemished, nearly perfect, soft skin that she does take care of often.

She wears a black, somewhat fancy, buttoned long black top made with comfortable cotton material. The top stretches down to just below her stomach. She also wears a medium-length red informal dress that stretches down to her knees. Additionally, the dress has a belt with a simple leather quiver attached. She wears simple black leather low boots, short white socks, and a silver pendant necklace.

Personality
Calliope is a very resilient person. Despite all she’s been through, she’s still standing. But despite that, she doesn’t have a lot of confidence in herself. She constantly blames herself for things that are out of her control. Additionally, she’s a bit paranoid, especially at night.

Calliope isn’t the best person for social talk, either. She usually comes off as serious and cold, even if she doesn’t mean to. She does her best to keep herself secretive and won’t usually reveal much about her other than her new name and made-up background. Also, she’s one to talk about the flaws someone may have, and she can easily get angry.

Calliope longs for someone with whom she can confide her whole self and backstory. She longs to live a normal, everyday life and grow up peacefully with a loving partner.

Background

Calliope (Isabel at the time) was born to an infamous, ruthless family of assassins. In her home country, they were the most feared and successful assassins, with kills almost entirely guaranteed. As a young child, her parents had already begun to train her to become an assassin. She had to deal with hours and hours of brutal training, constantly throwing up, being sore 24/7, and getting sick almost weekly. After a few years of training, she became a strong assassin. Due to her parents’ harsh conditioning and training, she accepted her life as an assassin early. As she grew into an older adult, she was known for her agility and quickness and was ready to start taking in clients. Her weapon of choice was the family longsword, which she was probably the best in the family at using at the time.

She quickly dealt with her first target, one of the country’s nobles and advisors. That being said, Isabel, who was taught never to feel bad for her targets, actually felt guilty. The next week, she couldn’t sleep and cried herself to sleep. However, she was forced to take in more clients and reached five kills. She felt guilty for most of them, thinking about the families they left behind. She never actively resisted doing this, but in her mind, she was thinking of how to stop this. She wished she could just live a normal life.

She decided she needed to end this. Now.

With her parents unarmed in the backyard of their mansion, she took fate into her own hands. With a loud growl, she killed both of her parents instantly. However, a family member who had just arrived saw this and attacked Isabel. The fight was brutal, with both sides taking blows and a lot of shouting and crying, but in the end, after Isabel withstood three blows, she killed the family member, too.

She fled the scene, taking the money she had received and a backpack, and decided to leave, far, far away. Originally, she traveled by foot to escape her city but soon took a carriage and even a few ferries with her savings. She found herself far away in the Kingdom of Salos, an unfamiliar land, and arrived five months ago.

There, she ditched her previous identity, grew out, and even dyed her hair, changing her normal outfit and even changing her weapon to a simple bow. She doesn’t mainly use the bow for combat, as she does it as more of a hobby because she doesn't currently have much experience with it. She also works part-time in maintenance to keep money afloat. Despite not really meeting anyone, she still has found a new purpose: living a normal life, with potentially some adventure.

But her past life as an assassin still lingers in her mind to this day.

Weapon
Basic Simple Bow
(formerly Longsword)

Other
N/A

I'm still fully thinking and writing it out, but my character is basically going to be the daughter of a successful merchant in Bellus who recently passed away unexpectantly. Now they're in charge of the business and don't know all the ins and outs of it. So maybe their father could've had contacts with some of your characters. Would make some sense, merchants would know other merchants and all.

I'm down! We could have it where my sellsword accompanied him to Bellus? Since I was trying to think of an excuse as to why he's here and not at the crux of the fighting where all the money is lol
Sure! He could've been hired as a caravan guard, and if he has some roguish qualities, he'd be a welcome addition when they're searching for artifacts.
I'm still fully thinking and writing it out, but my character is basically going to be the daughter of a successful merchant in Bellus who recently passed away unexpectantly. Now they're in charge of the business and don't know all the ins and outs of it. So maybe their father could've had contacts with some of your characters. Would make some sense, merchants would know other merchants and all.
Of course. My guy has over 11 years of experience. He's in Bellus because it's one of the stops on his route, plus it's where he grew up.

Sure! He could've been hired as a caravan guard, and if he has some roguish qualities, he'd be a welcome addition when they're searching for artifacts.
That he definitely does! I see my sellsword as the type to undertake any kind of challenge due to being a bit of a daredevil so he would very much like to tag along in artifact searching.

k waaaaait! changed my mind! I'd like to apply actually with Comet pls? I loves the creativity, energy and enthusiasm of the RPers up in here!

And when I am Queen ...

"Coms" -Comet Blossoms- 'The Flower Girl'

Comet1.jpg[

'Neeyar,' Ms. Blossom, 'Garden Bunny', 'That Lil' One Eye'

She/Her ○ 20yrs ○ 5'5" ○ 130lbs ○ Blonde Hair ○ Green Eyes ○ Tan Skin ○ Sturdy, Toned build
Fisherman/Tackle Store Girl ○ Former Pirate ○ Weapon: Big Knife

This is Coms...

~Looks:

Comet-1-1.jpg

Comet is a sturdy and sinewy young lady who has more strength and go-go than a mule. The girl is decent looking but does smack of simpleton. One may definitely see that in that lone green eye not covered by her eye patch. Blonde hair reaches mid-back and usually tied down with a kerchief or wrangled up in a single braid. Streaks of gold highlight her hair and during summer it is completely wheat gold. Skin is tan and weathered from the sea. Turns a lovely golden brown in the sun. Clothes are simple and functional; the only fashionable ones she has are the ones donated to her by Auntie. Boots and buckle are always shined and in tip top shape. She will always be seen hauling something or other and always with a new bandage somewhere on her person. Either that or covered in dirt and greenery after spending hours in the garden.

A bright grin and friendly look always seems to be plastered across that face. She does look young however her skin does look worn somehow. Upon staring at her facial features and skin colour, she also looks to be of mixed heritage and her 'exoticness' extends further into her strange manner of speaking and accent too.

Scars/Mods/Piercings:
Multiple scars across her body but in particular are the criss-crossing ones upon her back and thighs. // Tattoos: cheeks, neck, chest, arms, hips, thighs and buttocks. Of note is defo the skull and cross bones spanning across her back and shoulders. // Pure gold hoop earrings worn while not working.

~Acts:

+ | Polite, Reliable, Loveable
+ | Task-Driven, Hard-Working, Tireless

+ | Green thumb, Animal Whisperer, Loves Kids
+ | Daring, Athletic, Highly Skilled

- | People pleaser, Impatient, Gullible
- | One-track mind, Over-exertion, Injury Prone
- | Low Self-Esteem, Simple-minded, Blind Devotion to Auntie
- |Daring, Aimless without Orders, Cannot Improvise

~Bio:

○ | She was a street urchin named 'Star' that lived with an enclave of other street kids until got raided and kidnapped. They were sold and Star ended up going to a red light performing establishment that had an underground sleaze network.
○ | Star became 'Starry Nights' when she was turned into a performing 'toy girl'. That's all I'mma say about that part of her background. In her late teens, she was discovered by pirate Captain Rai when she was being transported for trade.

○ | For whatever reason the pirate captain saw her and decided to rescue her. She bought Star's freedom and renamed her Comet.
○ | Captain Rai took her under her wing and nursed the girl back into at least a functional young lady, but still she had problems integrating into society. There was only one place where she would be able to fit in of which Rai was absolute certain she could take her simple little ward.
○ | And so onto marine escapades the girl went with Rai aboard her ship, learning as she went and opening up a little more each time. It was back breaking work, day in, day out. She was the 'gofer', manual labourer, and dancing entertainment for the ship.
○ | She learned firsthand the reason the crew called the captain; "Ms. Wicked." It was not for a good while until did she find any reprieve from the harshness of Ms. Wicked's demands. But upon proving herself her mentor found a confidant in Comet and Comet herself was found fully accepted by the crew. She cried her heart out; Others finally gave her Respect.
○ | And then tradgedy. She was on a sortie away from the ship when their longboat was capsized by a rogue wave. She was cast ashore, alone, weak and scared.
○ | But being a sturdy girl with a never-quit attitude, she managed to survive and nurse herself back to health so that she may travel. She was taught that people congregate and make towns on rivers.
○ | Comet followed the river tirelessly until she finally found the town of Bellus. It was here where she was taken in by a kind soul; Mrs. Shantal Kolah. The widow of famous fisherman Darnello Kolah.
○ | The childless woman and the lost girl took to each other. Comet would know her as 'Auntie Shan.'And soon enough Comet was working in the Fisherman/Tackle shop and the business was beginning to flourish again.
○ | So despite the ongoing war, they are still thriving; people need to eat afterall. And when not working at the shop, the girl is in the garden tending to her flowers. And when not doing that, she is walking through the city, handing out flowers and talking to the poor and destitute, keeping an eye on the lost and orphaned street kids too.

Trivia:

○ | Around town she is known as 'The Garden Bunny' or 'The Flower Girl' since she has quite the rep for her gardening skills and handing out flowers to the poor. Mean people call her 'That Lil' One Eye' and dismiss her since she is a bit slow and gullible. Others just nicknamed her 'Neeyar' in passing due to her saying it a lot.
○ | Got her eye blown out when learning to mix chemicals to make bombs for her ship. Never made that same mistake since.

○ | Tattoos were strategically placed by her captain. They cover up the whiplash scars and wipe away the names of those that owned her. Rai said that Comet will never be called a 'toy girl'. Ever again.
○ | Captain Rai named her Comet when she brought the girl on board. Those bastards that owned her called her a falling star as she became an older toy girl. Rai said that she is not fallen; she is a ball of fire that will fly away, high into the skjy and away from this hell some day. Just like a comet.
○ | Has this charming, goofy chuffing laugh that although makes her look simple, it is adorable nonetheless. She has her best laughs when she fiiiiiiiinalllly gets the joke.
○ | Always pines to be attached to Auntie Shan's hip and is her confidant. Desires to please and protect her Auntie stems from her overprotectiveness of her former captain.
○ | Just stands there, looking down, playing with her eye patch and shakes her head whenever she realizes she just stuck her foot in her mouth or just realized she is saying silly things.
○ | Always seems to have an animal follow her around town or when in the garden, esp birds. Has a knack to calm barking dogs or upset mules.
○ | She takes the orphaned kids to her garden to teach them how to grow things and maintain the land. They were the first to call her 'Ms. Blossom'. And so she took it on as her surname.

○ | Has not practiced dancing nor fighting for the year she's been here. But still has a yearn to do such things. And so in private, she will go through her routines and training to scratch that itch. Her huge hunting knife is precious to her; a keepsake from her times as a pirate.
○ | Huuuuuge crush on another girl in town but has not acted upon it. She has no idea how. She has no experience romantically.

Relations
○ | Layna - acquaintances with the struggling business owner. Doesn't understand a lot of the fancy talk about businesses but always willing to be a sympathetic ear.

○ | Dr. Remona - has been to the imfirmary a few times. [/SIZE]

Last edited:
This roleplay has garnered much more interested than I thought - I’ll reserve sign-ups for everyone until next week. I’m thinking next Thursday. I don’t think I am able to handle a super large amount of people participating in this roleplay so I think that time frame is more than fair!

The war has been going on (back and forth) for about 6 years now. It has just started tipping towards Grandora’s side in the past 2 years.

For everyone that has created a sign-up, I’ll glance through it when I get a chance tonight to see if you are approved! I’ll update the opening post with list of approved players, and hopefully create a discussion thread as well.

c2421fec166b101ef41acb819d9fefad.jpg

Name: Eurig the Antiquarian
Appearance:
Eurig isn't a particularly imposing man, standing 5'10 and sporting a typically welcoming face. His body is overall firm, but not particularly bulky. He keeps his hair and beard clean and neat enough to not embarrass himself when speaking to potential clients and customers.

Eurig commonly wears variants of two different key outfits. The first kind is worn when he's in town and usually consists of an indigo and white beret-style hat, robes, comfortable tan pants, short brown boots, and a few golden medallions (good luck charms for merchants). The other outfit type, worn while traveling, consists of a white shirt with the sleeves rolled up, his usual medallions, a scarf worn over his lower face to block dust and vapors, a leather vest, an open-front indigo surcoat, leather bracers, and black pants tucked into taller boots.

Personality
Overall, Eurig is a fun-loving and easygoing person, fond of luxury goods, drink, and parties. As a merchant, he sets a high standard and has a stringent code of business ethics. His fascination with history shows, as he mainly deals in antiques and has a plethora of history texts and collector's catalogues lining his bookshelves. He also has a great zest for travel, treasure hunting, and exotic sights. The downside to his love of luxury and unique items is a tendency to overindulge, bordering gluttony in some instances. However, he never drinks alone unless he's severely depressed. His tendency to grab antiques and artifacts also makes him prone to danger and an ideal target for booby traps, unless the deceit is obvious; he's not a fool, but also not trained to assess hidden threats.

Background
Born into a middle-class family, Eurig was initially expected to become a doctor like his father when he grew up. However, chance encounters with several eccentric characters in the Hive district's marketplace cemented his desire to become a merchant himself. There was frequent conflict in his house regarding expectations for him and his siblings. His father finally acquiesced and sent him to work at an imported goods shop—usually maintaining the shop while listening to the shopkeeper speak and pitch new products like silk, dyes, and perfume. The various exotic items made him dream of traveling far and wide as a young teen, while the shop's wealthy and avant-garde clientele strengthened his wishes to be more. He often spent his free time reading about faraway destinations, history, and commerce.

At 19, Eurig met a band of traveling merchants who were staying for a week. While browsing their wares, he demonstrated his understanding of trade routes and history, plus his skill at appraisal and speaking. Since a small handful of merchants had split off from this band to found their own company, Eurig seemed like a prime candidate to join then and soon fill their old colleagues' shoes. He didn't disappoint.

The Roaming Emporium, as they were called, turned out to be more than mere merchants. While on the road, they made occasional detours to explore ruins and bring back artifacts to sell at auction. On top of the antiques and regular goods they sold, their antiquarians also appraised the locals' valuables by request; some found they had nothing of value, while others had priceless heirlooms. Owners of the finer pieces could put them up for auction towards the end of the company's stay in town, or simply sell the valuables. This was Eurig's favorite part of his time in each location. He has done this for 11 years, and it never gets old for him.

At the present, the company is back in Bellus, Eurig's hometown. Talk of war and a more fortified town have his family and his colleagues on edge. It is disrupting trade routes and indirectly causing a plethora of issues across the continent. Now, more than ever, the future is uncertain in the eyes of the antiquarian.

Weapon: Wine bottle

Other:
TBD

And here's my boy!

6f7f877f5a93fd684c5311776f970865.jpg

Name: Darryl Hardin

Appearance:
Darryl stands at a rather decent height of 5'10. Due to his line of work, he always keeps himself physically fit, leading to his rather broad and muscular frame. He often keeps his hair short and tries to keep it slicked back so that it doesn’t get in the way of his sight. He tries to keep himself clean-shaven, though some remnants of a stubble can sometimes be seen due to improper shaving. He has hazel eyes that are often described as bright and full of life, often accompanied by a wide grin on his face. His eyebrow has a scar across it from an incident involving a knife, a friend, and that friend’s extremely jealous lover. He has tanned skin due to his extensive work under the sun and has faded scars across his body.

Due to his line of work, Darryl can often be seen in his armor— primarily metal armor that is interwoven with cloth and leather, it is made to be both light and durable to allow for comfortable use for long periods of time. He typically wears leather gloves and boots for extra protection. He also owns a green cloak with a hood for harsh travels. He often has his spear on hand or using it like some form of a walking staff. While it is rare to see him off his armor, he can typically be seen in a brown shirt and, dark pants and his leather boots. Off duty, he only keeps his dagger strapped on him as his spear would be stashed away.

Personality:
Darryl is loud, exuberant, and energetic. He's the most likely to strike up a conversation with a stranger and carry it with no qualms. Awkwardness does not exist in his vocabulary and, as such, never feels the emotion either. If the other party is not interested, he'd move on with a shrug and a farewell. However, this overt friendliness can sometimes lead to fights— or small competitions as he likes to call them— which is also something he is more than willing to get into. Darryl is smart enough to back down when it's a losing battle, but he's also foolish enough to be there at the start anyway. After all, if you never try to win, then how will you end up getting the prize?

He is a daredevil at heart. He's been known to accept odd or risky requests to satisfy this part of him; which often leads to either grave injury that puts him on bedrest for a few weeks or a story to boast about to people at the tavern. This has created a persona of him as either the arrogant mercenary or the idiot— neither of which he appears to deny or particularly dislike.

Despite everything, Darryl is reliable on the job. He follows his contract exactly as it is and his clients can vouch for that. From his years of experience as a mercenary, he is surprisingly knowledgeable in many fields— oftentimes curious enough to listen to explanations of clients or from observation when he's on the job. This allows him to be highly flexible on what kinds of jobs he can take and even influences his decisions in day-to-day life.

Background:
Darryl had been on the road for as far back as he could remember. Born in a band of mercenaries, he was brought along in an adventure through the continent. This had exposed Darryl to more culture and more knowledge from a young age. It was only natural that he would follow his father's footsteps to become a mercenary to satiate his wanderlust— but also because it was the only thing he had ever known to do. The band of mercenaries was like a tight-knit family but Darryl watched as the family grew smaller and smaller in size when he was a teenager. Some never returned from their jobs while others strapped their swords and bows and settled down in various parts of the continent.

And Darryl's father passed when it was just him and his father left on the road, in the kingdom of Solas. It was not a tearful goodbye. Darryl simply woke up to his father's still body and he took him to the nearest cemetery and had a priest pray over him. It was only him and the priest, and then himself, and then no one.

And then he took to the road. He began to pick up whatever kind of job was available. From a temporary farmhand to delving into long lost tombs for historical research, Darryl did not discriminate as long as it was within his bounds to do and didn't go against his personal creeds. Multiple times, he found himself involved in many groups across Solas, often returning to certain clients whenever he crossed paths with them. Unlike his father and his band of mercenaries, Darryl tended to stick with his clients for months at a time as long as he was paid for his services instead of taking singular requests. Through this, Darryl managed to spread his name as a sellsword, a mercenary, and an odd job helper throughout Solas.

When the flames of war had sparked, Darryl had been witness to a village getting ravaged by the opposition. He, and the family he had been helping that day, managed to flee before they could be caught. Due to the extreme situation, he did not charge the family for anything because they had lost most of their items during the battle. Determined to continue his job, he had started taking jobs around the perimeter of where the resistance would be based to help with evacuations, but never staying to fight for either side. Recently, he had gotten back in contact with an old client and took on the job to return to Bellus.

Weapon:
Though he is trained in common weaponry, he prefers to use a spear; though it is nothing extraordinary. It is either found on him or on his horse stashed away. He has an emergency dagger on him at all times should he get disarmed.

Other:
→ Darryl owns a Friesian black horse named Ollie
→ He doesn’t know where his mother is as his father never told him her name or talked about her in detail
→ Despite just being a sellsword, Darryl considers himself to be fairly well-off from his savings; though he keeps his gold separately stashed on him and on his horse.

Alright, here's my character.

Lady Sword42.png

Name: Layna Hurst

Background:
Layna was born and grew up in Bellus. She never knew her mother as she died in childbirth and so her father, Alaric took care of her alone. He owns a successful weapon's and equipment shop in the Bunberry District which also serves as their house. While they are not nobility, Alaric has enough business for them to be very well off. Especially in the last four years since the start of the civil war.

Growing up, Layna was given more than the average girl. Along with well-kept clothing, her father was also knowledgeable enough to teach her reading, writing, and basic math. She kept the house and store clean while also handling the cooking. She grew into an honest and rather stereotypical young lady. Her plans for the future were simple as well: Fall in love with a nice man one day to either bring into the business or support one another with their own endeavors, start a family, and basically just live as a happy house wife. She didn't dream big nor did she desire anything complicated. Despite that, she never got her foot off the ground with the first step just yet... Not for a lack of being unpopular, but instead because she believes in love at first sight. At least that's what her father said it was like when he met her mother. So she looks for the same but hasn't found that special someone yet.

Her love life issues were the least of her problems though, as her father grew ill when she was 18. Doctors couldn't do much to help and he shop had to be closed down while she took care of him, but he ended up passing away about a year later.

Despite her grief, she didn't have much time to mourn. She's been living off savings for a year and while the shop did well in the past, she didn't have infinite money. She attempted to re-open it herself, meeting up with her father's contacts in the city and try tore-establish a steady flow of merchandise to sell. However in the year her father's been sick, people have moved on. Buyers are going to other stores, Companies got others to sell their stock and established new contracts. It didn't help that she wasn't half the salesman her father was. He could meet with nobles and speak with confidence while she was nervous simply speaking to another businessman. She was by no means 'shy', but she wasn't ready for the cutthroat attitude of others in the occupation.

Her coffers continued to decline and she had to be much more frugal with her money. She even sold some of her personal belongings to keep a roof over her head, but all of this was just delaying the inevitable.

At present date, she just turned 20 and is still in search of away to keep the business afloat. Part of her knows it's better to cut her losses here... Maybe sell the property and find cheaper residence than in the Bunberry District. She was educated so she could find work doing something more than washing clothes or doing dishes. But another part of her couldn't let go of it all. Anyone who she goes to and talk business with just sees her as a girl out of her element with a failing business whom they don't want to associate with...Unfortunately they're not wrong.

Appearance:
Layna stands at a height of 5'4" and weights around 120lbs. Her complexion is healthy and clothes are clean that with just a glance anyone could tell her family is well off enough. She usually wore casual gowns during her chores or when she helped in the shop with her father but has taken to tunics and trousers after his passing. She had to do more work around the shop, some of which consisted of heavy lifting from time to time and the longer gowns got in the way.

Her hair is a mix of red and brown, an auburn of sorts and her facial features lack any blemishes. She holds herself as a 'proper' lady though isn't against getting on her hands and knees for work. Her father always told her that appearance and work ethic are equally important.

She was usually cheerful during casual hours of the day or focused when she had work to be done. But after her father's passing her expressions became more subdued. There's rare moments where her positive nature pokes through, usually when she's cooking or doing some other mundane task. But for the majority of the day she has a stoic or focused expression while she works.

Personality:
Normally went through life with a smile, happily assisting her father and spending time keeping their home and shop tidy. She enjoyed the simpler things in life such as cooking and cleaning. She wouldn't call the ladder 'fun' per say, but she didn't mind it. Though she truly did enjoy being in the kitchen. She would always prepare dinner for her father and herself, as well as bake pastries to bring into the shop for their customers.

Though with her father's passing she became more reserved. Her whimsy seemed to have left her and she's been keeping herself busy tending to the business. A cloud of frustration and depression hangs over her that she can't seem to shake. Though it hasn't taken her feelings of responsibility away as she's still dutifully does her best to keep the business alive. In fact, she feels determined to, and those who meet her currently would likely find her to be rather stubborn.

Weapon:
She carries a small dagger around, though is an amateur in actually using it. It's more there in hopes it's presence on her hip would stop conflict from beginning than for her to wield it.

It's a bit sad, but I wanted an unfair 'fall from grace' sort of situation for her. Now she has to struggle to get it back.

Very very cool & thorough world. Are royal guards fine to play?

Guards aka Peace Keepers are allowed yes! My character is one :) essentially they are the law enforcement of this world. You can read up on my character to get a feel for their uniform!

Guards aka Peace Keepers are allowed yes! My character is one :) essentially they are the law enforcement of this world. You can read up on my character to get a feel for their uniform!
How about guards personally appointed to the royal family? I.e: strictly guards the family instead of the people? Reason I ask is 'cause I saw somewhere a mention of playing a prince. Totally fine if you'd prefer Peace Keepers only!

Ahh I gotcha - world-wise, guards appointed to the royal family would still just be peace keepers that have been assigned to them. With that said, the current town this roleplay starts is not where the royal family currently lives in anyways as it is not the royal capital. Hopefully that makes sense?

I know the creator of this RP said this earlier, but I really love the diversity of the characters here; it's definitely going to make this RP interesting and enjoyable! I can't wait to get this started, this'll be really fun!

1712538467753.png
Name
Eden Pheraios

Appearance
With a levelled chin and shoulders propped high, Eden comes off as towering. He does, in fact, reach a lengthy height of 188cm, but it's the trained posture of a soldier that really enlargens his person. Like most Peace Keepers, he's built for combat and carries enough muscle to betray his role. It is near impossible to catch a glimpse of Eden's face — (which consists of medium-dark eyes, dirtyish blonde hair, and many scars and marks littered upon a soft stubble, most notable by the long slit over the side of his lip) — as he always wears his visor.

Eden is always seen in the formal attire of a Peace Keeper. He dons a tunic, red in color with bone-white trim, cuffed sleeves, bulky chestplate armor that seems to match his visor and the common steel bracers saddled over his arms. At his hip sits a longsword. His bottoms help to complete the set with armor pieces layered over coal-dark pants.

Personality
At first glance, Eden seems like but another Royal Dog, trained and molded to fit the role of a perfect Peace Keeper. With little to no lip service and an unreadable expression (what, with his visor and all), Eden comes off as the stone-silent type. Robotic, in the sense that he easily moves from point A to B on command, and strictly loyal in that he prioritizes his role over his job. See: keeps order, not peace. In hindsight, he'd be best compared to a machine. He doesn't just stick to the law, he incorporates it. Over the years, he seems to have adopted no real habits outside of his profession. A soldier-like stride, instinct to reach for his weapon at the first disturbance, etc...

Perhaps when alone, he behaves different...?

Background
Eden comes from a military family. Peace Keeping practically runs in his blood, and due to them priding themselves on this, Eden's parents have done all they could to keep Eden in line. Which, ultimately, translates into a strict upbringing. Early weapon training, daily combat practice, hourly chores — all meant to help push him down a path chosen for him at birth. As a result, Eden grew to embody loyalty and rigidity. Unfortunately, what he grew to lack was perhaps the one thing he needed the most as a Peace Keeper: empathy. Or so it seems?

Weapon
A Longsword with red and white details cluttering the handle to convey his role: a symbol of a lion, referring to the royal capital of Salos, Kale.

Went for Peace Keeper anyway! Let me know if anything needs adjusting / editing.

oxicodone oxicodone I could see my character and Eden simultaneously getting along but also butting heads as well xD you are ofc accepted!

Just out of curiosity, if I could get a show of hands how many more characters/sign-ups are we waiting for? I feel like I am getting rather close to my maximum that I want for this roleplay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back