• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Blood Courtiers

“Вие сте добре дошъл.” smiled Ilya, visibly pleased with the youth now, before leaving. He seemed happy anyways, even his dark eyes were gleaming. He let Dana embrace him, and took the tray into one hand to held his wife.

Tibor smiled back to his new companion, his future Childe, biting the inside of his mouth. He has replenished his blood already with Kissing Ilya, so he was sure he could taste the youth’s lips without struggling with his hunger, no matter how seducing Ganyemedes looked like.

“I love them. Kind of a family symbol for me, actually. I think we have a common point here, too…” and he beckoned the boy, feeling quite happy at his blush. At least this time it wasn’t him getting a bit embarrassed.

“I would love to do that, actually, so don’t tease me” he half-joked. He was sure that the gesture would feel warm. The hug already made him feel warm, and he embraced Ganyemedes, lifting up the boy a little.

It was worth it. All of that mess, it felt like it was worth it, as the boy kissed the bruises on his face. The vampire made a mental note about replicating the injuries again.

“I am the one who needs to thank you” he said quietly, answering in Greek with elegance. “You are the one giving up past and family for this home. I need you here, my midnight star. Stay with me, and be my sunshine.”

He leaned forward, caressing the youth’s face as their foreheads touched.

“Please, tell me you will stay. And give me a kiss” he asked, with the blood already flowing inside his mouth.

With a kiss, the boy will be strengthened even more…

"You will be part of my new family." He whispered softly, his smile in his voice as well. He rubbed his nose against Tibor's in a slight nuzzle. He radiated warmth, and so did his aura. There was no sadness, no fear that usually tinted the colors of his soul. There was simply love, happiness, and contentment.

At the command to kiss him, Ganyemedes did not hesitate. He leaned his chin up and kissed the vampire in his arms. The blood seeped into his mouth when he deepened the kiss. He suddenly felt all the hairs stand up on the back of his neck. A tingle spread through him starting from his lips and his tongue while he mapped the actor's mouth.

He pulled away after a long moment, and panted softly. His hands had found their way into Tibor's hair during the kiss. Eyes were half open, and pupils were blown wide. "I have no defenses against you, Tibor. I fall apart when you kiss me." He initiated the kiss once more, making a soft noise of satisfaction into the other man's mouth.

It felt just as amazing as the first time they kissed. Although Tibor wouldn't think about that yet: he simply couldn't. Despite his best attempts to keep his cool, Ganyemedes tasted so terrific that he almost Kissed him despite feeding only recently. He wasn't what is he feeling now, lust or hunger... both would have been surprising. After all, he should have been satisfied already.
He wasn't.
Tibor kissed the youth with all of his being. He didn't even try to control his Majesty, letting his aura cover the room with his happiness.
This. I want more of this.
He was smiling as they parted.
"I feel the same, Ganyemedes. I am supposed to be the one doing the seducement, you see. Yet I am here, trembling from a kiss" he whispered huskily. He felt alive, more than ever in the last fifty years. Not even fighting was this invigorating. "I need you. I want you. More than you would believe...."

Ganyemedes chuckled slightly. He hung off of Tibor, and pressed their bodies closer, but not in an erotic way. "Oh? You're the one seducing me? I say I am seducing you. Quite successfully I might add." He smiled and closed his eyes, and pressed their foreheads together once more.

"Or maybe we aren't trying to seduce one another. Maybe our souls just enjoy one another. And in our mundane existence, we take that as seduction. But the truth is, we are just happy being in the same room as one another." He sighed and placed a kiss on Tibor's lips once more, but more chaste than the last kisses.

He laughed as he pulled away. "Sorry. I tend to get a little existential when I am tired. Tired isn't the right word. Exhausted. But I feel also elated, being in your arms." Another kiss, he could not get enough of Tibor's lips.

Ganyemedes was so God damned tempting. Somehow, not only lust and hunger filled Tibor, as the warm body pressed to his cold one… it was warming, truly warming in every sense. Before his otherworldly sight, the youth seemed so happy and contented, and with this, he felt better.

He needed Ganyemedes. He wanted him. He wanted to take him so much, and now, not until to take his company, not only to use him for his aims, but just to stay with him…

….but he shouldn’t take the boy yet. He promised, and the vampire could feel the dawn, and with it, the leaden dream approaching. He needed all his willpower to resist the death of the morning…

….Ganyemedes also seemed tired. Tibor smiled.

“Everything in existence is about wishes and seducement” he whispered. “From the original sin, to the smallest little creature, it is about want, it is about need, and it is about joy. You are right, even my soul feels joy now, no matter how dark it is. I am indeed happy. Thank you, little sunshine. And you are still so alluring, you woke up my senses… But I can see how tired you are…”

He sighed, replying to the kisses with his own.

“I would take you if I didn't promise else. Not only for your body. I want your soul whole. I kind of wish that I could devour you whole, your soul, your mind, your beauty… keep you forever. But this is not what you wished for. I cannot be that selfish. You wouldn’t want me forever – after all, you are still so shiningly young. I think you will get tired of me. I will be satisfied if you stay with me for a good while before leaving me, my golden midnight bird…” he sighed, lifting the youth into his arm with a movement so quick he had no chance to resist.

“I’ll tuck you in. Nothing else, promise” the actor’s voice was kind, warming. After all, he swore to be patient, and…

…something else…

He will take those chilling words from before literally. Now, his veins brimming with Ilya’s blood, he would be able to fade Zephyr's memory from the youth’ mind, since he also promised that. He was aware what those words meant, in that situation… “help me forget”… while asking for sexual acts. It was subtle, but it aroused his suspicion, and maybe in the end those words pushed him to finish Zephyr, earlier than he would have.

Still, he could take it literally, like a genie, and now, with his powers supplied by enough blood, it would be easy to do…

He would have wanted this back then, when the vampire who ended up siring him came for him. He might have even used the same words – and the vampire mistook them, not erasing the memory, although introducing a very exciting and new type of enjoyment, showing him that it all wasn’t supposed to hurt and feel wrong… it eased his soul somehow, but it wasn’t oblivion, and sometimes, the memories still resurfaced.

Ganyemedes won’t have to suffer from that.

He held the boy closely, leaning forward, his hair loosening from the braid, touching his lover’s face.

“I can do that, right?” he asked huskily, without thinking about whether the youth even knows what is he thinking about….

Ganyemedes chuckled as he hung off of Tibor, drunk on Majesty and drowsy from lack of sleep. "Your dark soul... Tibor, you talk as if you are evil. You aren't. I might have not seen your soul, laid bare for me. But I can taste it when you kiss me, and it is beautiful. No darkness there, not of the kind you speak. I can taste your sadness though, even if it is faint." He laughed, slightly giddy. "I wonder how I taste. Like fear and desperation?"

He frowned slightly, then, as Tibor continued to speak. "I don't want to be devoured, and kept hidden away in your stomach. I would much rather find my pleasure by your side. Or maybe at your feet. And don't... don't assume things about me either. You fascinate me. And if I fascinate you thoroughly, then we can live in each other's world of our own creation for eternity."

He chuckled micheviously and leaned in close, letting his breath fan over a Tibor's ear as he spoke. "Although even in this state, I'd let you take me. I trust you. And I want you. So much it makes ache, Tibor. Sometimes, before I met you, I'd imagine--"

He was suddenly picked up by the (slightly) taller man. He made a small noise, and held onto Tibor tightly. Then after a quick pout, (both about being lifted so easily, and about the reiteration that nothing would happen) the youth laughed. "You are awfully strong, aren't you? Picking me up like a damsel in distress." He went limp in Tibor's arms, and through a hand over his eyes. "Take me to my chambers, my prince. The night will soon be over, and our time together is limited. "

Ganyemedes sat up with a grin and a giggle. He cupped Tibor's face and kissed him one more time. "Of course. I'd love that." He hummed and twirled a lock of Tibor's dark brown hair around his long fingers. "I like your hair. Adds mystery to your character. Keep it this way? For me?"

“Now, now, I knew it is a selfish desire. You should experience real pleasure” smiled the vampire, happily from the contact. “You should have all joys in the world.”

He sighed for a moment, although he didn’t need it.

“And you should choose your favourite pleasure to share with me. Be it anything. I just need you with me, creating wonders for us. Then it will be a perfect world.”

It wasn’t a lie. It wasn’t entirely a lie.

It was simply that he had a very specific art form in mind.

“Beautiful little star. I wouldn’t dare to do that. I wish for your complete permission and participation” he chuckled, then laughed softly at Ganyemedes’ words. “I like that wish. You are not a damsel in distress, though, you are my treasured companion. And now, let’s tuck you in, since sadly so you are right. I am tired, too.”

He nodded at the boy’s wish, exiting his room with ease, walking at a leisurely pace. He carried the youth like a pillow, smiling lovingly.

“If you truly wish so, I will” he promised. After all, this was the least…

The actor carried the youth to the grey room, and gently placed him upon the massive bed. He laughed for a moment, touching his face with loving fingers.

“I cannot decide whether I should help you get changed” he said, his blood stirring. His long fingers reached the youth’s temple, and his powers moved, seeking out and fading all memories he could…

Ganyemedes pressed his forehead to Tibor's shoulder as the actor walked and carried him. He dozed lightly as the vampire took his time getting back to the grey room. His dreams were soft and playful and full of sunlight and laughter. He had not been so content, and so happy on a very long time.

When he was laid down upon the bed he woke with a slight twitch, and hum of confusion. He smiled, and placed his fingers on Tibor's face, mimicking the action. "We have a conundrum, here. If you don't help me out of this suit, I am sleeping in it. If you do help me, I might get a little excited. Actually, I doubt it. Too tired to even get aroused. I didn't know that was a thing." He laughed lightly.

His horrid memories began to fade with each passing moment. Tibor was privy to everything that happened to Ganyemedes: every tear he shed; every desperate, unheard plea; every moment of hopelessness. It was more disturbing than was initially revealed.

The relationship was not new. It started when the youth was at the tender age of eleven. Back then, Ganyemedes was too naive, too young to realize, to know what was happening. Zephyr acted so kind and caring as the boy grieved the death of his mother. But it was all a plot to get the youth willingly into the older man's bed. And the youth was seduced, his innocence taken from him. It played out like some sort of Nabakovian tale. At sixteen, though, Ganyemedes had had enough. He tried to end the relationship. Zephyr reacted violently. As he beat the boy, he told him he would be careful never to scar his beautiful skin. And while the poor youth was terrified, scared of his future, and beaten black and blue every where but his face, his uncle held him, and assured him everything would be okay. Thus started the abuse cycle. Zephyr went through periods of kindness, where he would do anything for the boy, followed by long periods of violence and abuse, then by more kindness, where he would try and redeem himself. Each time, the cycle got more intense. One particularly harsh memory was when Ganyemedes was tied up, vulnerable and naked, for hours while Zephyr went to a meeting. That was only a few weeks ago. It was also revealed that the drugs were not taken willingly, most of the time. Yes, sometimes Ganyemedes took them to alleviate panics and nightmares (both either caused by or about his uncle), but quite often he was told to take them, when he was being particularly stubborn and refusing Zephyr's advances. The nights he slept the best he woke up the sorest. The nights he did not refuse, and simply bowed hs head to his uncle, were the nights he cried the most. And it went on and on, these terrible memories. In fact, he had.more horrible.memories that happy ones, it seemed.

Ganyemedes was indeed an abused child. It was a wonder how he had gotten through any of it, without support from anyone. Not even his father, who likely knew about the abuse, was there for him. It made sense now, why the boy had such strong will power; he needed it to survive. But now the memories were fading, almost gone. They were like dust in the wind to the poor boy that laid on the bed with a smile on his face.

Totally unaware of what was happening to him, Ganyemedes looked up at Tibor. "You are so sweet, so kind. I'm glad I met you."

It was maddening.

The eyes of Tibor’s mind glazed over as he watched those horrible memories, encountering each with shock, all of them reminding him something, which he hoped to bury centuries ago. He had to keep up the smile while watching Ganyemedes’ suffering for such a long time. Ten years – in his unlife, it was merely a glimpse. For the youth, it was an eternity, an endless cycle of love and abuse, mixing everything up, twisting and turning every goodness in his life upside down…

…Tibor wasn’t strong enough to take it. He started shaking, as he touched upon the memories, so familiar but somewhat feeling worse than his owns… he tried to erase all, even if he knew well enough he wouldn’t be able to do that. He didn’t even care that this might endanger his own aims, that this will most likely change every single one of his plans, that he won’t be able to use Ganyemedes like he wanted to. He simply couldn’t bear seeing the abuse, and knowing that the perfect youth is affected by those memories was something he couldn’t handle.

The vampire let his blood and powers burn and stir, touching upon the memories, trying to erase them. He was shaking mightily with the extortion, his face going deadly pale, green eyes staring into nothingness beneath Ganyemedes’ gaze…

He couldn’t do more than a very strong fade; he couldn’t take them away entirely as he wanted, he promised. He could only make sure that it will take a lot for these memories to resurface. He knew that now, the boy won’t feel that strong emotional attachment to him for saving him from his family members, and he might not bend to his wishes as he won’t remember why is he supposed to, but right now, he felt this was more important.

He got dizzy as he finished up, slowly, staring at the youth for a very long time, without blinking. As he got through the memories, he felt getting sadder and sadder by the moment, caressing Ganyemedes’ face, and it was so intense he couldn’t even hide the emotion.

He should have killed Zephyr slowly. He should have made him suffer. Tibor almost said this out loud, but he wouldn’t have been able to form words now; he just kept the same pose the best he could, his long hair touching the boy’s face. He knew he should have been speaking, telling him that he will help him, gladly, but he was overwhelmed by the task he took upon…

Ganyemedes noticed the change almost immediately. But instead of panicking, or asking questions, he simply closed his eyes and sat up to rest his forehead against Tibor's. He did not know what was happening, even as his invasive thoughts of the abuse started to fade away. But he knew what ever was happening, was effecting Tibor negatively. So he sat, and held the other man as he relived the memories that soon Ganyemedes would barely remember.

Finally, after so long, he asked Tibor, "What is wrong? Is there anything I can do to help? Tibor, you look so sad, so miserable, almost ill. Let me help you, as you have helped me."

Already his mind was piecing together new information. The abuse of Zephyr now all but gone, his reasons for leaving changed. His neglectful father, the fact that he was forced into a life of politicking and business, his piano lessons cut short, all of it added up in his mind to Tibor being a prince in shining armor. In Ganyemedes' mind, Tibor was taking the wistful youth away from a stifling environment to let him grown and blossom into the artist he truly was. It was not as dramatic as the truth was, but it was enough to explan his reasoning away. Ganyemedes had the need to explain everything.

The vampire had to collect himself for a few minutes, shaking from what he has seen still. It was all mixing up within his mind, connecting to elements from his own past, and linking to fresh memories. It was all a painful, thorny-spiky blur in his soul, and the sharp edges were cutting into his heart.

He felt like he was bound by roses, thorny and beautiful at the same time. He used his blood too much. It was worse than fighting, to be honest – this was wasteful from every single angle. He still needed to do that, needed to soothe Ganyemedes somehow, and, if he wanted to be entirely honest, soothing himself, too.

If he had to remember all those… others shouldn’t.

When the youth finally spoke, Tibor just embraced him tighter, this time his hold was not only for safekeeping. It was the actor desperately hanging into the living, breathing proof of that this was worth it.

“Please… please, just stay with me for a little while. Let me hug you. Let me cuddle a bit. I need you here. I… I just feel so tired and worn. Problems of age” he tried to joke, but his voice was trembling. He felt the unholy anger again, and he could barely hold it back still. He knew that he shouldn’t drink from Ganyemedes, not yet. But he drank too deeply from Ilya already, and he couldn’t feed from blood bags…

Dana. He will need to drink from her… he wouldn’t want to break his promise. Not this one.

Somehow, his paleness made the remaining injuries even more striking. He almost felt pain. It was a disturbing feeling.

Like he was alive again…

Ganyemedes, entirely unaware of what had just transpired, laughed lightly. He nuzzled Tibor and smiled, eyes closed. "Of course. I like that you are affectionate. Not very many people in my life were. Here... Let me hold you."

He adjusted, sitting up on the bed slightly. Gently, Ganyemedes placed his hand on the back of Tibor's head, and urged him down to hide under his chin, to lay his head on his chest. The youth smiled, and nestled back into the pillows. "There. You look like you need held more than I do." He paused. "Now, you do not have to tell me what happened. But please, understand you aren't alone. Besides me, there is Dana and Ilya, who I am very sure would be quite happy if you came to them with any personal problems you had."

He pulled away slightly, just enough to look at Tibor with a gentle yet wide smile. "I'm here for you, as you are here for me. This relationship cannot be mutually exclusive. Let me help you. Let me be with you. Don't do anything weird like devour my soul" (That line still haunted Ganyemedes) "But let our souls, our minds intertwine. Let me be yours, and you mine."

The youth pressed a gentle kiss to the bruises on Tibor's face. "I'm sorry about my uncle. I just don't know what got into him. Sure isn't the nicest person, but beside the teasing he was fairly nice to me." The fade had been successful, and proof of it spilled from Ganyemede's mouth.

He sighed heavily, his chest heaving as he did so. "If you need my company as well as my affection, keep talking to me. I might fall asleep on you otherwise."

“I am, for one, need affection” sighed the actor, speaking earnestly now. He leaned into the boy’s embrace, now he was the one nestling up to Ganyemedes, enjoying the youth’s warmth. He closed his eyes as he replied, hugging the boy close to him.

“I am just very particular about where I draw love from” he said quietly, brushing his hair out of his face before hiding under Ganyemedes’ chin as invited. “And I apologize. I am just… going through a rough patch right now. I need this hug, as you stated. Maybe more, too. I will tell you when I get an idea about how should I, really. Dana and Ilya… they cannot really help in this. Maybe you will refuse me too, but I will at least try and ask you. Will this be all right?”

He laughed softly, tiredness settling into his bones, filling his limbs with lead. He knew he should leave now, but he didn’t want to move yet. He wanted the warmth, the intimacy of the moment after seeing the horrible memories.

“Thank you. I want you… I need you. And I won’t devour your soul… I promise. I might be a devil, but not one who does that. Besides, it would be selfish. That is not right…”

He sighed, somehow finding solace in the fact that the exhaustion was worth it. Ganyemedes didn’t remember the humiliation. He seemed to think Zephyr “beat him up” for something else…

“I think that maybe it was more about the prospect of losing business, than generally being a brute” he probed quietly. “And about losing control to a… how did he said? Vagabond. I took offense to that. Especially since he seemed to know who I am…”

The youth laughed again, this time more tired than anything else. It was the sound of a breeze filtering through lemon trees. "You might be a devil, but I shall claim you as my devil nonetheless." He kissed Tibor's dark locks and hummed happily.

The new connection, the false memory had not been made yet. But it clicked into place when Tibor lightly suggested. "Oh that's right, you threatened the company. I bet he did not think of you as some rogue thespian come to take his favorite nephew away when you did that. Maybe he will leave us alone. Maybe he will realize how good this is for me."

A yawn escaped Ganyemedes, who did not even try to cover it. He nestled down further into the pillows and blankets. "You are a little devil, aren't you? But I am going to keep you, if that is all right. Make you my little devil, use you for my own nefarious purposes. Like pranking Dana." His eyes had closed, and he was drifting off into sleep while he spoke,

“I will happily be your devil” murmured the actor, enjoying the boy’s warmth, his kisses, the soft heartbeat thundering in his ears. “Everywhere you wish. Just let me stay here, all right?...”

He chuckled as Ganyemedes made some new memory, some connection from the fragments he left him. It almost felt nice, even if he had to act hurt.

…it was so tiring… he didn’t want to get up…

“That pale-livered minnow was rubbing me the bad way. Calling me derogative names is excessive, especially if he wants to do business with my companies. I felt hurt. And he almost ruined my face. I have a performance tomorrow, you know…” he pouted, then laughed. “Although I think he will realize how much he was in the wrong when he faces your first creations. I am looking forward to prove you will be happy and whole here for him.”

The leaden dream from the morning started to overwhelm him. For a moment, Tibor pondered whether he should get up, or stay there… he was enticed by the thought that he would be able to wake up right in the same position he was now, with his head still pressed against his lover’s chest, listening to the sound of a beating heart...

…he shouldn’t, no matter how tempting is it… Ganyemedes still doesn’t know about his true nature, he shouldn’t make him panic…

Tibor tried to somehow collect enough power to raise. But he couldn’t; the leaden dream of the dawn finally took over, and he dozed off into peaceful death still cuddling the warm boy…

Ganyemedes chuckled, though it was more a light hum, a soft breath of air leaving his nostrils and fanning over his lover. "You can stay here forever, until we turn to ash. And you face looks perfectly fine, Tiboraki mou. Gorgeous as always."

Ganyemedes barely noticed Tibor becoming heavy against him. He had a tendency to babble in his sleep, especially when exhausted like he was now. He drifted off into a peaceful dream of gardens and sphinxes. But the dreams did not last long. Ganyemedes had been plagued by nightmares for years. His subconcious could not be so easily overridden as his memories. But nonetheless, he slept soundly.

After a while, Dana started to realize something was amiss. She finished putting her husband into bed, and the sun was up, but she couldn’t remember seeing her master return to his own bedroom.

It was rare and disturbing. Also, the ghoul was pretty sure that the boy still didn’t know about the small fact that Tibor was a vampire. His boss never told that right away.

So she opened the door quietly, peeking inside. She laughed, her heart warming up from the sight. Tibor was cuddling with the boy, who was snoring peacefully. He looked pretty much dead, though, so after a few moments of fascinated admiration, Dana sighed and stepped inside. She knew she was strong enough to lift the boss easily, and she didn’t want the boy to freak out if he wakes up accidentally. She moved to gently untangle the pair, chuckling silently in herself as she managed to slowly part his boss and the new ghoul. They were sweet this way…

Thankfully, Ganyemedes didn’t wake up. In fact, he snored quite loudly, and drooled a bit, sleeping as deeply as the vampire himself. Dana still checked his pulse to make sure Tibor didn’t drain him, but it was strong and steady. The boy must have been dead tired, but he surely wasn’t drunk dry. She chuckled a bit more, tucking the youth in, although not changing his clothes.

All right. The ballet dancer lifted her boss effortlessly, and hoisted him up on her shoulder in a firefighter’s hold, heading for the door.

Time to put the boss into bed.

Ganyemedes did not wake until late afternoon, roughly twelve hours after falling asleep with Tibor, who was no longer there. He awoke drowsy, and with a groan. The nightmares were fading from his memory as he blinked his eyes open. He had slept well, despite not taking his drugs. But he was not entirely sure where he was. As he rubbed his eyes, his memories returned. "What the fuck did I do last night...?" He said aloud.

He placed his feet on the ground, and realized he still had his shoes on. He groaned in annoyance and took theose off, stretching out his feet. He remembered only vaguely why he was here, the fight with Zephyr and Tibor, and some half contrived reason to leave the company. What he remembered vividly, and with a blush, was Tibor. The man was so different in person, even more alluring than when he was on stage.

Walking to his bag, he ran a hand through his tousled hair. This did not sound like him. He was always so careful, so cautious. It sounded more like a story he would read and hide under his bed. Especially the part about their "encounter" at the club. He blushed more brightly at the mere thought. That did not sound like the youth one bit. Compared to other young men his age, Ganyemedes was practically asexual. He had no interest in fulfilling any half thought up fantasies, even if Tibor did center around a good third of those fantasies.

First things first, he had to unpack. He started rifling through the contents of his bag, double checking that he had everything he wanted. He did, except he had a lack of formal clothes; which was odd considering he knew what the lifestyle entailed. Why would he not pack any suits? That was right, Tibor offered to buy him a whole new wardrobe. Ganyemedes must have been in a very odd mood to actually accept such an offer; he hated being in debt to anyone, and hated abusing people's generosity/ In fact, this whole thing was abusing Tibor's generosity. I twas all very uncharacteristic for the youth.

As Ganyemedes unpacked, he thought about his actions. He doubted his father or Zephyr would appreciate a his attempts at returning home. His life there wasn't that bad. It was constrictive, but it was not like he was abused. (Something like a heavy drum beat went off in his head, he ignored it.) This would be his new life now. Hopefully he would be a good artist in whatever field he chose; Tibor opened them all to him. If Ganyemedes was no good at this, as he expected, he would use the influence from the popular actor to get into a social cirlce of some sort. He had the means to run a successful business. Perhaps he would run an art gallery, or something of the sort. What he feared was the worst; he would become dependent on the older man, and be indebted to him forever; he would have to maintain their realtionshp at all costs, even if that meant being on his knees in a loveless union.

But Tibor was kind, if somewhat eccentric. He seemed to fall just as hard for Ganyemedes and Ganyemedes had fallen for him. Maybe the youth's mumblings from the night before were true, though. Maybe they would be happy together, living as equals in a manor that was more an art museum or a palace than an actual residence. And even if that fantasy was false, maybe he would be good at the piano, or the violin, or drawing. Maybe life would give him a veritable treasure load, and he would be exceptional at his chosen art, and things with Tibor would work out.

He was finished unpacking. With a sigh, Ganyemedes stripped of all necessary clothing. It would cost a fortune to clean and iron that suit, espceailly after last night. He stood in his socks, undershirt, and slacks. He looked himself over, making sure he looked at least half presentable, and exited the room; but not before first grabbing a turtle neck sweater and some tan chinos. He needed a shower, bad. Mainly because showers were a safe place he could think in and not be disturbed.

Ganyemedes started to trek around the lower levels of the mansion in search for Dana, or possibly a bathroom, or both. As an after thought, he should have checked to see if his room as directly connected to a bathroom. He was so tired last night, that he barely remembered where the stairs were to the upper levels, let alone where any of the other rooms were. Besides, it's not like he could crawl into bed with Tibor, who was surely back in his room. Tibor's room was restricted. He was not sure if he even wanted to do such a thing. He needed to think, to mull over what other dreadful and irreperable decisions he had made last night.

What had Ganyemedes gotten himself into?

Dana was practicing when she heard the soft footsteps over the flowing music. She stopped dead in the middle of her routine, and ran to the door, breezily and sweaty, beaming nonetheless. She recognized the footsteps, and greeted the slightly confused looking Ganyemedes in the corridor, enveloped with the sunlight. Otherwise, she wore only ballet flats and gym slips.

“Here you are! You were asleep so peacefully, we didn’t have the heart to wake you up!” she laughed, looking over the boy’s slightly dishevelled form. “I think you would need a shower and some snack, right? Guess you haven’t found the washroom door in your room. I always campaign to renovate them with a different colouring, but the boss says the same-colour tapestry over them is fashionable…”

She snorted.

“Well, it was fashionable maybe in the nineties. I mean, in the seventeen-nineties. Seriously. Ask him to change that. It is very, very difficult to find those doors when you are sleepy, and it is the same in every room. He is the only one who finds them easily, seriously… Oh, by the way, if you want the boss, he is still sleeping. Sorry. He seemed to be a bit… drained last night. Maybe a tad under the weather. I mean aside from beaten up.”

She opened the grey room’s door, and led the boy to the wall on the right side of the fresco. She showed him the well hidden bathroom door. It was covered in the same silk wallpaper as the other parts of the wall, and the knob was a steel rose. It was easy to miss.

“I called Tibor’s tailor for you” Dana added. “He has a performance tonight, and I guessed you would want to see him in the Tempest, so I picked out a suit for you. Giano will fix it so it would fit you, and take measurements for your new wardrobe. Ilya made some lunch, Kiev beef roast or something similar, it is in the lunchroom. Will you be all right on your own for another hour? I need to finish my routine, and the tailor will be here soon…”

The youth's shoulders slumped and he sighed in annoyance. But there was a soft smile on his face. "I apologize. I was so very tired last night. And even though I slept exceptionally well, I take a bit to wake up."

He raised his eyebrows. "It was behind the fresco? Oh of course I didn't find it. But I am rather attached to the idea. Makes things smoother, more elegant. Pardon me of I don't convince Tibor at all." He smirked softly and followed Dana back down the stairs and to his room.

With another smile and a soft laugh, he nodded as Dana pointed out the door knob. "Oh, there it is. Thank you so much."

He went to go open the door, but paused as Dana continued to babble. Politely, he smiled and nodded, and waited. "Oh that will be wonderful. Thank you. But I can entertain myself for an hour. I have my journal to keep up, and after last night, I have quite a bit to write."

He smiled, and made a motion to continue into the bathroom, but paused. Ganyemedes gave an embarrassed laugh. "Um, could you ask Ilya if there was any garlic in the food last night? I forgot to mention I too have a mild allergy. Mild, mind you. If there was I will simply have an upset stomach." He smiled pleasantly. It was just an odd, mild allergy. But he probably slept through the worst of the upset. No wonder he had such vivid nightmares last night.

“Not behind the fresco, it is in the wall on its right” corrected the ballet dancer, beaming happily. She didn’t seem to be upset by the rejection. “I still think it is kind of stupid. You try and stumble into this washroom after a night worked through.”

Then, as Ganyemedes spoke, Dana nodded.

“All right! You keep a journal? That is nice. I tried several times. Always managed to lose it or forget it… if you need any writing instruments, they are in the secretaire over by the wardrobe.”

When the youth asked her about the food, Dana visibly pondered for a moment, then nodded.

“Yes. Yes there was. I am sure of it. I think it will be better if I ask him to leave garlic out next time. The plumbing is kind of old here…” she laughed, and kissed the youth lightly, then pulled away. “Yuck! Go clean thyself! Quick, before boss wakes up…”

"Oh, I see. So you mean behind the fresco?" He smiled, blue eyes dancing slightly with a mischievous glint. He had not forgotten about their arrangement the night before, about the teasing.

He laughed and shook his head. "Would you believe me if I told you I had a special pen to write in it? From my grandfather. He instilled the practice in me."

But before he enteres the bathroom, Ganyemedes shot Dana a glare, his blue eyes piercing. "Did you just? Okay fine. Fine." He was not embarrassed about her making a rude joke at his expense. In fact, to him this was great. It meant he could lower the bar on his jokes.

He rubbed his cheek and gave a face of disgust, though it was clearly over exaggerated for comedic effect. "You don't smell like cherry blossoms yourself, Dana. Now go back to your dancing; I expect a lesson soon." He smiled and walked into the bathroom, at last.

“Well, you try and smell like roses after four hours of constant jumping up and down!” shot back the ballet dancer. “I will come back with Giano. Do kindly take care of that smell until that! And we will see about the lessons…”

She left the room still laughing, happily, to return to her routine…

THUNK.

Tibor sat up straight, hitting his head hard on the sarcophagus’ top. He barely noticed the pain; he was actually gasping for air now, air he didn’t need, his skin covered by a thin film of blood. Sweat.

He had a nightmare. He had those since a while, and he simply couldn’t lock them away, or get rid of them. After all, these weren’t simply fears or untouchable bad feelings.

It was a memory, repeating incessantly, over and over, sometimes only parts of it, still no less horrible than all.

The Prince’s elegant, strong hands on the iron handcuffs tightened around thin wrists. That expression of pure terror and pain on the trophy’s beautiful place. That tray, filled with horrifying instruments. The small glass bowl, the steel piercings inside. The small pot with embers and silver rods.

That scarily alluring, twisted and strained body.

The smell of ancient blood in the air.

Tibor unconsciously pushed the sarcophagus’ stone top away, like he could actually take in air like that. He was somehow in pain, hunger eating his insides, and he realized he didn’t pass out in his sarcophagus, he passed out over Ganyemedes…

…thankfully, judging from the fact he was still in the same dress, and he could smell Dana’s perfume on himself, his ghoul carried him back. Tibor sighed, running his slim fingers through his messy hair.

He needed to drink, right now. That meant he won’t have a driver for tonight. Maybe he should ask Daniel…

…he slowly stepped out of his resting place, putting back the heavy lid effortlessly. Then he reached for a string, ringing it for the dancer girl. He was somehow hoping that the boy wasn’t up already, and maybe that Dana will be pumped up enough for him to satisfy his hunger…

Ganyemedes let the water rush over him. The hot water felt soothing, and tinted his pale skin pink. It almost hurt, but he finally felt something other than numb. He was disappointed in himself. He had more control than this. This was so impulsive so brash. He hated it.

His fist clenched against the shower wall as he leaned against it. The hot water streaming down his back contrasted sharply with the cool wall his forehead and fist rested upon. He sighed heavily. What was confusing him even more were these almost invasive thoughts about Tibor. They were domestic; Tibor and Ganyemedes sprawled over top of one another, reading their own books. They were artistic; playing the piano for Tibor; Ganyemedes watching him paint and sculpt with fascination. And then there were some thoughts that were not so appropriate.

It was maddening, especially the more illicit thoughts. He hated sex. Well, he assumed he hated sex; he was a virgin. (Was he still?) Just the idea of intercourse did not sound appealing. He understood physical pleasure, but that was not what the thoughts were about, at their core. They were about intimacy. He craved Tibor's touch, and even though he had spent one night with the man, and only a few moments intimately, he felt like he needed it more than air.

It was a long shower, full of thoughts and ideas about how to deal with his situation. But he never did change his mind. The idea of living away from Tibor, distanced once more as just a fan (perhaps groupie would be more appropriate now), the idea chilled him, enough to make the hot shower worthless. Ganyemedes stepped out, and grabbed a towel, and quickly and thorougly dried himself. Then he clothed himself, in a tight, black turtleneck sweater that showed his light musculature, and hip riding, stylish khakis. Looking down at himself, he laughed "No, I'm not out to seduc anyone tonight."

Blonde hair still wet, he went to the secretaire, where he had placed his notebook and pen. Luckily for both him and Tibor, he had decided to bring one of the new, leather bound journals, rather than the one he had been using. He had decided, even then, that this was a new chapter of his life, and deserved a new journal. Ganyemede sat down, and began writing in a neat, albeit cramped, Greek.

He paused at the end, pen hovering over tha page. He tilted his head to the side and smiled. He wrote a few final lines, this time in English. "Oh thunderous heart/calm your beating/tomorrow brings another day/tonight will bring the stars."

Ganyemedes closed his journal, and placed it in the drawers of one of the desks, along with the special pen. He went to the door, and poked his head out into the hallway. It was time to explore. Well, as much as he could without a key card. He needed to map this massive place in his mind, the sooner the better.

Ilya appeared on the corridor, silently, as Ganyemedes started to wander around. He was very pale, and seemed like he cannot walk too confidently, but at least this time he was smiling.

“Here you!” his accent was thicker than before, but the voice wasn’t commanding. “Come. Lunch wait. I make card too. Come finish.”

He made an inviting gesture, leaning to a wall.

“Come. Eat, make card, then you go look. Place… amazing. Explore.”

Dana arrived quickly, still in the sweated-through gym slip, her hair tousled and only half done up. She looked happy, though, her movements swift and graceful, and she was smiling.

“Don’t worry about your new little bird, boss” she said, closing the door behind her. “He is up and chirping since an hour. Showed him where he finds the bathroom. He needed it, though. Giano will be here shortly to fit a suit for him.”

“Thank you, Dana.” the vampire smiled, beckoning the ghoul closer as he did up his buttons and smoothed back his hair. “You are a great asset, as always. But I have bad news. I am famished.”

“After having Ilya for the night? You are insatiable, master” teased the woman, immediately stepping closer. She hugged the actor, caressing his face. “Should I call someone to drive? Daniel said something about personally taking care of the Kronns’ transportation tonight, and I think he will be happy to drive you too, if you don’t want me to call your Zeno.”

“Let’s try Daniel then, first. Thank you, Dana.”

“Oh, it is all right” the ballet dancer was smiling, as she pulled out her phone, still hugging her master with a hand. She touched the screen a few times, then as the phone lit up, she pushed the button, and gave it to Tibor.

“Oh hey, butterfly girl” boomed Karas’ voice.

“Not that one now” said the actor, somewhat amused.

“Oh, it’s the Rose Lord personally. Thank you for the booth! Kliick was really excited. He even said a thank you, and hugged me. Even Ichabod looked less sour about the whole deal…”

“Oh. It is my pleasure. How are you with my request?”

“Finished. Stored the guy in a fitting place until he can be found, and I think I have the best place in mind for that, too. Do not worry, everything is in order. Coroner will say the right date.”

“Perfect. Listen, Daniel, I have another request from you. I will need a driver for tonight…”

“Why the hell are you not keeping more ghouls? No offense, I will drive you, I already agreed to help the mages, but unlike them, you could afford having more ghouls without suspicion. You would need company, anyway.”

“I have company.”

“That new kid? No offense, but you need someone who understands the situation…”

“He will” said Tibor quietly. The line went silent for a moment, then Karas sighed.

“All right, all right. I will be there soon, after picking up the Kronns.”

“Thank you, my friend.”

“My pleasure.”

Tibor gave back the phone to Dana, who sighed.

“Next time, hold it close to your face, boss. It won’t eat you, I promise” she said, putting away the phone, then she sat down to the rose chair, and held out her arm with an eager smile. “But you can eat me…”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back