• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Blood Courtiers

Tibor got very, very embarrassed as it was revealed that he mistook the name.

“Sorry” he spluttered, although not really blushing like it would have been appropriate. “I am terrible with names. I am indeed embarrassed about this. I have no idea how could I mistake something so glaring…”

“That is not really nice from you, indeed” laughed the Gangrel, patting the actor’s shoulder. It almost seemed like he was pressing the smaller man into the ground with the motion… Tibor hissed a bit. The Sheriff quickly relented. “Sorry, sorry…”

He took the youth’s had gingerly but firmly, greeting Ganyemedes with a sincere smile. He didn’t seem to be bothered by the youth’s lighter grasp, and he was careful not to crush him. It was a very well controlled motion, in fact, his hold firm enough to feel nice but not hurting the boy’s slender hand with his paw.

“Of course you can, I prefer my given name anyway. Unlike our beloved thespian here who is prone to change his in every few years. Well then, although it is very nice to see you, Ganyemedes, I am afraid I have to take Tibor away for a few minutes. I have some minor business to settle with him, intimately, then you can get your mentor back. Would that be all right?”

The actor smiled.

“But first, we should go inside, Daniel. I think Dana would be glad to show Ganyemedes around the house while we talk, and Ilya promised some food for him…”

Tibor got very, very embarrassed as it was revealed that he mistook the name.

“Sorry” he spluttered, although not really blushing like it would have been appropriate. “I am terrible with names. I am indeed embarrassed about this. I have no idea how could I mistake something so glaring…”

“That is not really nice from you, indeed” laughed the Gangrel, patting the actor’s shoulder. It almost seemed like he was pressing the smaller man into the ground with the motion… Tibor hissed a bit. The Sheriff quickly relented. “Sorry, sorry…”

He took the youth’s had gingerly but firmly, greeting Ganyemedes with a sincere smile. He didn’t seem to be bothered by the youth’s lighter grasp, and he was careful not to crush him. It was a very well controlled motion, in fact, his hold firm enough to feel nice but not hurting the boy’s slender hand with his paw.

“Of course you can, I prefer my given name anyway. Unlike our beloved thespian here who is prone to change his in every few years. Well then, although it is very nice to see you, Ganyemedes, I am afraid I have to take Tibor away for a few minutes. I have some minor business to settle with him, intimately, then you can get your mentor back. Would that be all right?”

The actor smiled.

“But first, we should go inside, Daniel. I think Dana would be glad to show Ganyemedes around the house while we talk, and Ilya promised some food for him…”

Ganyemedes shot a suspicious glare to Alois, wait, Tibor. He raised a delicate, blonde eyebrow. "So your real name is Tibor? Interesting." He shoved his hands into his pockets.

He smiled at the Gangrel and Toredor. "Oh that's fine. I heard your name on the phone; though I didn't understand much else; I don't speak... whatever language that was. You two go and conduct your business, and Dana and I will chat. Maybe gossip about the both of you." He turned to Tibor and beamed, winking at him. He know knew that the samll action had a tendency to distract the actor thoroughly.

He turned to Dana and smiled, offering his arm. "Shall we?"

“Actually, it sounds more like Tiborcz with the original pronunciation” said the actor, half-irked about the fact that his friend never took care to learn his current aliases. He intended to tell his name to the youth this night, true, but he planned to do that in a much more romantic setting. “Tiborcz Mikesh, at your service. Sorry, Alois Gracieux is a stage name, which I kind of prefer now. I want to use that, not my original one, for a reason, and only one of that is the small fact that people love French artists, and most of them never even heard of my home country…. I apologize. Rant over…”

“I like your original name more. Rolls of my tongue better” grinned Daniel, almost shoving his yellow, animalistic teeth. “I would suggest you choose which one you like more, youngling, and call him on that. He listens to Rose Lord, too.”

“I did not just hear that” sighed Tibor, shooting a death glare which had the gigantic man stepping back and somehow turn away for a second. Then, as Ganyemedes spoke, he nodded, after staring at the youth's smile for more than just a split second.

“Oh. I kind of believed that you speak Bulgarian somehow, but it seems I am believing lots of stupid things in the moment… Ilya is not fluent in English, so I learned his language. Makes talking easier. Maybe later we can take some lessons together, if you want… so, come inside, you three. Dana, if you would please…”

“Gladly!” smiled the girl, taking the youth’s hand without any kind of reservations, pulling him forward so they can enter before the vampires. “I will also set up a security account for him with Ilya right now, so he can come and go as he pleases…”

“Terrific idea. Please do” Tibor watched intently how Ganyemedes will react to the inside, too; he judged he already loved the exterior.

The interior was not so simple. While the lines were kept classical and sleek, the walls creamy coloured, every single room bore a different, soft, powdery shape, and at least one wall had a fresco, most of them made by Tibor himself, or some of his Childe or ghouls. These frescoes were opening windows to other worlds, mostly at soothing, quiet scenes, the “entrance” of those worlds adorned with ivy and small creatures…

…some of them showed battles, or hauntingly beautiful, empty landscapes, some of them were depictions of historical scenes, mostly violent. Some of these were accentuated by statues positioned right next to the fresco, half-embedded in the wall’s shallow indents. These were flanked by tall, narrow bookcases, which were filled with old books and codexes, all of them in mint condition, kept behind glass doors.

The hall they entered was more fitting for an art museum than a living area; while it had furniture, technically, all of those were visibly old, pieces of gone by eras, and vitrines were scattered around, holding artefacts of the past. Here, in this hall, they held theatre relics, from masks through books and paraphernalia to a proudly displayed, and seemingly originally handwritten Shakespeare manuscript. In the western corner, a cembalo stood, a rose-wood piece, adorned with etched roses, the keys carved from ivory. It was a work of art itself.

Ilya, a handsome man with a dark complexion, smiled at the arrivals.

“Master, I wait you dinner.”

“A bit later, Ilya” the actor touched the ghoul’s shoulder softly. He changed to Bulgarian for a sentence again. “This is Ganyemedes Cy… Mars. Our new resident. So be very nice to him, please; he is someone very special for me. Take care of him like you would take care of me, Ilya… I want him to feel safe and comfortable here. Excluding my own bedroom for the time being, all of this house is available for him. And all art supplies and instruments.”

Daniel leaned to the youth for a moment. He translated quickly and quietly what Tibor said, without a commentary, smiling throughout. He seemed amused.

Ilya nodded, although a bit less happily now.

“Yes.” he said, then turned to the youth with a sour smile. “I Ilyalko Georgiev Stoyanov. You call Ilya. I made pie. Want some?”

Before Dana could pull Ganyemedes away from Tibor, the youth got a wickedly mischievous smile, the same smile he had before the incident in the car. He gently wrapped his arms around Tibor's shoulders, brought him down to his level, and let his lips graze over his ear as he spoke in Greek. "I will call you Alois in public, but in bed you are Tiborcz." Dana finally managed to pull him away. The blonde youth watched the vampire over his shoulder for a moment. He winked before turning forward.

When he entered the mansion his jaw droped slightly. He looked around the room in shock. It was so different from what he expected. He did not know what he had been expecting, honestly. It certainly was not this. Ganyemedes could not keep his eyes still. He looked from object to object to fresco to statue, completely dumbstruck. As Tibor and Daniel came up behind the two, Ganyemedes looked to his mentor. "You live here? Sure we didn't accidentally wander into a museum?"

He listened intently to Daniel as he translated for Tibor. The youth smiled, a warmth spreading over his features and aura. Though he did feel slightly disappointed when Ilya's smile dwindled. It made him feel unwelcome and exposed.

But he smiled warmly and nodded at the ghoul's invitation. "Yes, please. Sounds nice." He kept his English simple, already knowing Ilya did not speak it fluently.

Tibor blushed, actually blushed, blood he needed so dearly rushed to his face as the youth spoke. He shuddered from the touch, too.

Daniel suddenly laughed, loud and booming, his voice deeper than the actor’s, but just as warm now. He understood Greek, of course, even if he was of low birth, four hundred years meant he was able to learn a lot… and he had almost animalistic senses. He heard all.

“What? You actually managed to take Tibor to bed? Nice, youngling, and very promising! He rarely does that, I think you must be a special one, then…” and he patted the Toreador’s back, his strength pushing the slimmer man forward with ease.

Tibor loved the stunned look on Ganyemedes’ face, though, as he admired the innards of the mansion.

“I love art. I collect every beautiful thing I can get” he said, watching the boy’s face lovingly. “I actually live here.”

“And by that, he means the artefacts live in the actual mansion, and he lives underneath” supplied Daniel, laughing all the time he spoke or listened. “All of the rooms became showrooms during the years. I think he could open the place for public and get richer from museum tickets.”

“There are also modern pieces there. Besides, I think my own creations wouldn’t draw enough attention…” sighed Tibor, looking at Ilya. He changed back to Bulgarian. “After you feed them, could you bring something to me? I am starving, too…”

“Of course, sir.” Ilya looked back at the boy, and his forced smile became somehow warmer. “Follow me, then…”

Ilya and his wife led Ganyemedes down the stairs, Dana excitedly beaming the whole time.

“What Mr. Karas said is true, all living quarters are down in the basement. Three levels are occupied by showrooms and ateliers, but practice rooms are also upstairs. You see, every art needs sunlight. Boss thought sleeping and cooking won’t require that, so he prioritized” she explained with the carefully prepared lie. “But we can practice our arts or read on the main levels, so it kind of balances out. Even the kitchen is down there, and we have a terrific wine cellar, so I think you will find it to your liking.”

“Food tasty” added her husband, almost truly smiling this time. “Sir buys good. Likes nice kitchen.”

“And Ilya cooks well. You will see” said Dana brightly, opening the door of the dinner room. It looked like Ilya prepared a veritable feast; small dishes covered the oak table, almost Eastern style with the several small meals. It wasn’t only one pie, either. Most of the food was some kind of pastry, that was true, small pockets of dough filled with sweet or savoury goodness, emitting a divine smell. There was also a small roast with several vegetables, and red sauces in small silver saucers, all set up and organized like a perfect feast. Blood-red wine waited in the already opened bottle to be tasted. The smell of spices filled the air.

It was evident that Ganyemedes was awaited; there was three set of plates laid out, with the glasses. Also, a big, covered silver tray waited on a side lowboy.

“You sit here. Start eat now” said Ilya, pulling out a chair for Dana, then Ganyemedes. He almost seemed proud, although he still eyed the youth with some palpable coldness.

“Do not mind him, young friend” said the girl brightly, taking her place on her husband’s side. “He doesn’t really like new faces. He will warm up to you, I promise.”

“I not cold. I feel…”

Once the others left, Karas turned back to the Toreador, pulling him back out to the garden.

“It wasn’t Freedom then, really?” he asked one more time. Tibor laughed.

“No, no, really. I needed to look beaten up, for the kid’s sake. He thinks his uncle roughed me up. By the way, that is why I need you.”

“You killed him, then.”

“Yes. But for one day or two, he needs to stay alive, at least in theory. I left no traces, and I didn’t drink his blood, so that part should be fine. I haven’t broken the Masquerade, but I need time.”

“I’ll take care of the police, then; my ghouls will be glad to help. Where do you want him to be find?”

“The shadier place the better. Maybe in the red light district. Around a place where you mostly find rent boys. He can be dead in about two days from now. But I want Ganyemedes to believe he died a natural death, and not now, when I might have done anything to him.”

“You didn’t really mistake his name, right? You wanted me to know who he really is. I can see why you want that. Smart choice. Kid looks nice, too. Is he really that special?”

“Yes, he is. I didn’t only want his father’s company. I want Ganyemedes himself.”

“You have chosen, then.”

“He will be my Childe. Thank you for your support already.” nodded Tibor, smiling thankfully. He knew the Sheriff meant his promise. He was weird like that, friendly and sincere; maybe the kindest vampire in the entire city. Certainly the nicest he knew.

“I think he will do well, and will actually help you feel better. I will be nice. Promise.” the Gangrel gripped the Toreador’s shoulder lightly. Usually, this would have meant a threat; this was a gesture of friendship, though. “Do you still miss them?”

“Only my son. My daughter deserved it” said the actor quietly. “But Stephan…”

“Let’s try our best that this boy wouldn’t end up like him. All right. You will perform tomorrow night too, right?”

“Yes, in the Tempest.”

“Very well. His Grace requested his usual lodge, and Kliick also wants to come. Could you give him a seat?”

“My personal one, then. Tell him and his father that they will be welcome” smiled Tibor. He was glad, actually. Most likely, he can present Ganyemedes to his best friend and his son, too…

“Thank you. I will be taking my leave, then. Still… be careful. Karen said Francis still wants your blood. Do not let them near you.”

“I won’t” promised the vampire, and watched as his friend left, contented.

Zephyr was taken care of. Time to care a little for the youth again.

Ganyemedes was glad when the subject was taken off of him. He din't expect Daniel to hear, let alone understand Greek. The blush of Tibor's face was worth it though.He smiled to himself, satisfied. As always, he tried to listen carefully. But he was so distracted by everything around him, he did not seem to be listening. In fact, he was. He was always listening.

He let himself be drug away by Dana. With a broad smile he waved over his shoulder to Tibor and Daniel as he left. "Interesting. So not only am I practically running away from home, I'm going to live in a veritable art museum's basement." He grinned and wiggled his fingers at Dana. "Like some sort of vampire." He laughed at his own joke, and did not notice the odd stares or uncomfortable laughter.

When they entered the dining room, he was floored by the scents first, then by the elegance of the meal. Ganyemedes smiled wide, looking between the food and Ilya. "You made this? It's wonderful. If it tastes as good as it smells, I will be in heaven." He sat down at the seat he was given. He looked at the layout and smiled. It reminded him of his grandmother and how she used to cook.

His grandfather was a business man, like his father before him, and like Ganyemedes' father. And while Giagia was born into a sort of "merchant class" as well, she was raised and taught by her nanny; and she knew how to cook. Though it did bring back memories that made Ganyemedes uncertain. Zephyr had been the youngest son, and supposedly his mother had cracked soon after he was born. She told him in the dead of night how he was a demi-god, a son of Zeus. But Ganyemedes only had good memories of her, of her being sane.

Ganyemedes then realized how hungry he truly was. Being drained of even that small amount of blood (even if it was unknowingly) and then that ordeal with his uncle left him famished. But at the same time he was stumped. The food was vaguely familiar, but he did not know what the given manners were. So he sat, and waited to see how Dana and Ilya acted, while his stomach rumbled and he salivated.

“Well, if that helps, I think you would make a terrific vampire” offered Dana, laughing sincerely at the youth’s words. She must have found the irony amusing, but still not told anything to the boy yet. “You might have to become nocturnal anyway, if you are going to live here. It is a crazy place, mark my words… Boss is supposed to have a strict routine, but he almost always sleeps through the day. And what Karas said was true. He might have a slight hoarding problem. I do not think he really needed to buy everything he ever fancied. Nor should he got a copy of everything he couldn’t buy.”

“Boss taste nice” said Ilya, looking slightly offended. “No badmouth him.”

“This is just ribbing, dear. Of course he has excellent taste in arts. But I would have made showrooms downstairs too.” Dana took up the serving, placing some pastries to Ganyemedes’ plate. “Pour some wine for us, dear. Ganyemedes, do you like the European cuisine? This sauce is terrific. May I pour some over your food? These are boiled in a strong broth, and filled with lamb. Ilya’s speciality, in fact. The sauce is made with spices and sour cream…”

The man poured them some white wine.

“This dry” he said quietly, visibly trying to form sentences carefully. “But old. Nice. From Hungary. You like it. Try with the food.”

“It is a bit strong, though, dear, so be careful.” said Dana, serving her husband now, then herself. “Eat a bite first, then the wine. I think Tibor didn’t feed you properly yet, did he? He will most likely eat in his room, though. I can ask him if you could get a good night kiss as soon as we got you settled.”

“Opened grey room. You see. Smells nice” supplied Ilya. “Big bed. Piano. Big bath. You like it.”

Ganyemedes felt slightly overwhelmed. Dana was talking so fast, that he could not keep up with her words. He tried to reply when he could, though he often felt he could not get a word in sideways.

"Yes, I love all cuisine. European though is my favorite."

"Yes please, I would love to try the sauce."

He did as was suggested though. Delicately he picked up his fork, and cut into one of the pastries. He swirled it around in some excess sauce, before placing it into his mouth. He closed his eyes and savored the food, and chewed slowly. When he swallowed, he washed it down with a touch of white wine. When Ganyemedes was done with the small ritual he beamed at both Ilya and Dana. "It is wonderful!" He exclaimed.

Then his cheeks started to tinge a soft pink; they did not stop until Ganyemedes was a fully flushed coral. "I um... thank you." He whispered softly and repeated the same ritual with the food, a tad quicker now.

"But the grey room sounds lovely. I used to play piano; maybe I remember a few things and can pick it back up again." He smiled at Ilya warmly. It still disturbed him that the other man seemed cold. But he was assured by the way his wife was, that he would warm up soon.

Dana shook back her fair hair, as Ganyemedes blushed, and laughed softly, without any malice.

“It is all right, my dear; it is fine, don’t be embarrassed now. It is very, very obvious that our master likes you. And I think everybody loves him. Hell, I would love a night kiss and I am happily married!”

Her voice was sincere and clear. Even Ilya smiled a bit.

“Me too” he said, and actually blushed. The Bulgarian man almost looked embarrassed now, and dived into his plate, eating a little fast.

Dana laughed.

“Slow down, dear.”

“Still take food for boss.”

“Ah, right. Sadly, Ganyemedes, usually our host cannot dine with us” the woman turned back to the youth, explaining. “He has a few food allergies, and we don’t like to tease him with the sight of the dishes he cannot taste. Ilya always delivers his dinner separately, or it is me… but he almost never sits with us. Especially when he has some business to deal with. All right. You said you played the piano? That is good. There are several more musical instruments in the house. We also have a musical room and a ballet room. I think I can get you some easy notes, so you could practice, but I do not play the piano.”

“I do. Might can help. During day, too” Ilya sighed. His eyes were slowly warming up, as he realized Ganyemedes wouldn’t be a real threat. “Boss will like it…. want?”

Ganyemedes laughed and shook his head. "Whew. Thank goodness. I was getting worried. See, I have been following him on stage for several months, but this is the first night I have met him. I almost feel like I am jumping in over my head. Almost." He laughed.

At the mention of food allergies, the youth nodded. "I understand. It is a shame though. Ilya is a wonderful cook! Thank you very much." He started eating again, happily. He relaxed, and a warmth came into his eyes. Food was one of his few escapes from reality. And while he did not cook frequently, or on the same level as Ilya, he did indulge himself quite often.

He looked up from his plate of food, and wiped the corner of his mouth with a napkin. "Oh? You play the piano? I'd love to get some lessons, even just a review. It's been several years." He tired not to think to much about his piano and violin lessons being stopped short. He suspected Zephyr and his controlling nature had something to do with it.

Last edited:
“Oh, well, you are definitely in over your head” laughed Dana. “It is a not a bad thing, though. I think you will be able to catch up quickly, besides, I ponder if you needed this rush. Might be the best thing that ever happened with you.”

Ilya just shook his head, and said nothing for that, but he brightened up as Ganyemedes praised his cooking skills.

“Thank you kind. I love cook. Good food is best thing after love” he said, and actually laughed a bit. The ballet dancer seemed to loosen up slowly now, his demeanor less cold than before, and the last shards of ice melted in his eyes as Ganyemedes said he would love to play the piano.

“I can. Not good like dancing. Just a bit. Good will be for warm up. Then you get real teacher. I want you help then.” he stated, and smiled at the youth happily. “Sir will happy. You see. Try that plate too. Filled cheese and herbs. Sauce is there.”

He showed the boy the second dish, and Dana moved to help already. Ilya watched them contently for a moment, then he stood up.

“Apologies. Will take sir his dinner” he said, picking up the tray. He somehow seemed excited for that, as he left. His wife smiled at Ganyemedes as they were left alone.

“Sorry about this being so crazy now. I think he will warm up quickly, but he needs some time around new faces. Ilya is kind of skittish since his injury happened and people started to be mean towards him… he got mistreated in the hospital, since he is not local. Now, he is still not comfortable around strangers. Keep up praising his cooking, and he will be nice, though…”

The blonde youth nodded in agreement. The move was likely going to be the best thing that ever happened to him, without a doubt. And by the sound of it, he did not really have to worry about his relationship with Alois--Tibor. It seemed that this escapade was as rare for him as it was for Gayemedes.

"I agree. Food is what connects us. And I would love to get lessons from you. Maybe you can teach me some of your language as well?" His eyes brightened as he reached for the plate, but was interrupted by both Dana and Ilya serving him. He laughed, his stomach shaking. "Thank you."

Ganyemedes waved goodbye as Ilya left to take food to Tibor. He was slightly suspicious, because Ilya seemed elated to take him his dinner, a usually mundane task. But when Ilya was gone, Dana explained her husband's situation. The youth covered his mouth and gasped. "That's terrible! Oh my I am so sorry. I'll make sure to make it clear how much I really enjoy his food. But, Dana... what injury? He seems fine, outwardly."

“I can, and want. Will be good. Sir knows it too” stated Ilya before leaving, looking quite happy. Dana smiled at Ganyemedes, pouring some more wine for both of them. She looked a little sad, now, as she started to explain.

“Actually, he is mostly fine now. Not so fine that he could return to the stage already… his knees got injured from a bad fall. Practically, he got hamstringed… and that means hell for a ballet dancer like him. He has almost gone crazy when he realized the extent of what it seemed like a simple misstep at first…” she sighed. “He got even worse in the hospital, you see. He doesn’t have a citizenship here, and insurance didn’t cover the surgeries. The boss did. He got really upset about Ilya getting mistreated. He even lets us live here while he recovers. So Ilya worships him, and I agree. He saved our marriage, after all. I hope you can understand this. And the fact that he is this attractive only adds to our love. Sorry if it seems weird for you at first, but it is. Nothing is simple here. Not in this house.”

Ganyemedes was sipping his wine and eating as he listened. Then he stopped. He placed his napkin to his lips and gently dabbed at the corners of his mouth. He had one more sip of wine, then folded his hands in his lap. "What does Alois--Tibor, whatever. What does he being attractive has anything to do with his generosity and saving your marriage? I... sorry. I am very confused." He looked down and shook his head. "Do you two have some sort of relationship with him? I understand, it's just unexpected is all."

Thoughts started clouding his mind. He did not expect to have a normal relationship with Tibor, not by any stretch of the imagination. He expected an odd, nurturing relationship that bordered between fatherly and oddly sexual. That was odd enough as is. But this was completely unexpected. He pondered, and wondered if he would even had agreed to this if he knew beforehand that he would not be the only interest, the only lover. He would not want a sexual relationship with him, he decided. Simply a mentor relationship with some affection would have been fine. But at the same time, he did initiate the sexual experience; and Tibor gave him ever chance to stop, even when it felt like he could not.

He took another bit of food, but his smile was gone. The food was merely to keep the appearance of calm. It was hard to swallow around the lump in his throat. He did not expect Tibor to be that sort of person. Small part of him had hoped that he would be the only one. Of course that would not be the case. Every good situation had a flaw.

Thoughts of his relationship with Zephyr surfaced. He tried to dismiss them with a shake of his head. But it kept resurfacing. What if Tibor took him from one overly complicated and manipulative relationship to another? A thousand thoughts filled his mind, none of them good.

Despite this, could not feel angry; in fact, he felt overly calm. Maybe it was the nearly four glasses of wine in the course of a few hours, maybe it was something else. But without the calming presence of Tibor, he started really questioning his decisions. But he was away from Zephyr, and in a place he could finally grow and prosper. That was all that mattered.

Dana seemed to sense the change in the boy’s mood. She gently reached over, rubbing her slender hand against Ganyemedes’ shoulder.

She could see his anger and hurtfulness, and she decided to have mercy.

“Actually, we wish. But technically, our relationship is not sexual, after all. He must like us, I know that; he took me for his ballet troupe, he lets us live here, he lets Ilya practice while he recovers… but we cannot reach his bed. We serve him, feed him, sometimes we get a kiss…” she sighed, pulling back her hand. “He never agrees to a threesome. Although that would be perfect. Sometimes I even dream of that.”

She pouted about that for a few minutes, changing their plates for a sweet pastry. It indeed looked like a very fancy apple pie, and it radiated warmth and the spicy smell of cinnamon.

“You are lucky. I mean… what Daniel said back there… you actually managed to somehow seduce boss to bed? It is true? I see how he blushed. I think he never did before.” The ballet dancer was grinning now, leaning over excitedly. “Tell me. Did he bed you? Or did you bed him? In truth?”

She looked very, very enthusiastic, thrilled even, and maybe a tad jealous. Seemed like this thing was important for her.

“Tell me! Please!”

Ganyemedes listened closely, and at the mention of a threesome, nearly spit out his wine. He laughed in embarrassment, then at the absurdity of the comment. His shoulders relaxed and he let out a gentle breath of air. He shook his head. "Sorry. I over reacted. It's just... After what I've been through with... previous affairs, it's hard to find anyone I can open up to like I can with Alo--Tibor."

He looked at the pastry and smiled. He was not thinking about the pastry though. It made him happy knowing what he suspected was false. Still, the look in Ilya's eyes when he left to go bring Tibor's "dinner" was still suspicious. In fact, he was not so sure that Dana was telling the truth. He started to eat his pastry.

But when the fork was about to enter his mouth, Dana started asking questions. He stared at her, open mouthed, as the food dropped off his fork. Clearing his throat, he set down the fork. He was blushing like mad, and was a lovely shade of pink. "I um. Well... I can only vaguely remember what happened; my memory is a bit fuzzy. It was rather intense for me. But I can tell you what, it was definitely more than kissing." He took another sip of wine, avoiding eye contact with Dana. Rather he stared intently at the pastry. "Um... we... uh. I suppose I seduced him but I would be the one who would be bedded? If that's what you're asking?"

Thoroughly embarrassed, Ganyemedes went back to eating his pastry. He looked flustered and still refused eye contact. He could not believe he had just answered those questions. It felt wrong. But it was almost fun to tell someone what happened.

"Don't worry about that, love. I love to embarrass pretty young men" Dana laughed, gesticulating gracefully. "You will be all right with the boss. I think you were wise to choose him as a mentor... and more. Let me tell you something. He hates his stage name. It sounds great, and since it is French, people like him more, but he is quite attached to his real name. Call him Tibor with ease. He will like it..."

The woman laughed again at Ganyemedes' visible shame. She reached over to pet the boy's head.
"Sorry, sorry. I just had to ask. I thought about that... I do not think he has been seduced, ever. And believe me, several tried. I suppose this is a mighty achievement. He must see something special in you. Not many of us has been offered to live here, either. But you have to deal with my ribbing. I cannot really contain myself. Bad habit. I think this is an occupational hazard. I apologize. Eat some more, Ganyemedes. Ilya will appreciate that, and I would guess you had a long day. Eat, then we go ask for a goodnight kiss..."

Ganyemedes nodded when he was told of Tibor's dislike of his stage name. "I will try." He murmured. He was stll thoroughly embarrassed, and the patronizing pat on the head made him pout slightly. He stuffed food in his mouth like he was trying to gag himself with it. In fact he was trying to make himself feel better.

Finally he swallowed roughly. "Fine. Tease me all you want, but be prepared, Dana. When I am well slept, you have a worthy adversary. But after... wait." He started counting on his fingers. "Nineteen hours. I've been up for nineteen hours. So I'm a little drowsy." He laughed.

"But you don't have to tell me to eat more. I'm starving." He picked up his fork once more and started eating again, a little slower, and with more grace, now that he had calmed down considerably. There was still a soft blush on his cheeks. He thought of the idea of Tibor, leaning over hm, his hair creating a barrier between them and the utside world. It was not a sexual thought, but the intimacy behind such an action made him blush still.

Dana giggled like a schoolgirl, taking a bite of her pastry too.

“All right, it is a deal! I tease you and you tease back. In exchange, I might mentor you in Bulgarian and dance, mainly ballet, if you want…” she sighed. “Nineteen hours? Seriously? I think you must be indeed tired, then. And I am sure you will be my equal after some rest, which sounds exciting. I guess the boss might be tired, too, and maybe somehow preoccupied. He has been working very hard on the new play. He got up early, too. What do you say if I take you to him after you finish your plate? Or do you want to see your room first? Ilya chose well, I think, but we should take your stuff there, too…”

She sighed, somehow dreamy. She was playing with her fork now, finished with her plate.

“I am jealous. Seriously. But I think I like you. Maybe only because he likes you, I have seriously no idea, but I enjoy this nonetheless. Tell me you will be staying for a very long time, please. Even after he made you really successful in your chosen art. Stay with him, and make him happy. He needs that. I have no idea why is he so gloomy lately, but he actually laughed tonight; first time in many weeks. Keep that smile on his face. Please.”

"I would love to learn ballet. I know seveal ballroom dances; my mother insisted." He smiled and finished his pastry, then his wine. He wiped his mouth and placed his napkin, which had stayed in his lap, onto the table. "That was amazing. I must compliment Ilya... maybe that's what you can teach me first, is how to say thank you in Bulgarian?"

Ganyemedes tilted his head to the side and watched Dana with a soft, but still probing gaze. He nodded and listened. His soft smile turned into a slight, worried frown. "I promise; I will stay with him; I will make him smile and laugh" He smied and laughed lightly. "It's funny; that's part of our deal. I was told not only to give him my first works of art, but also my joys. If he has been as gloomy as you said, perhaps I see his reasoning now."

The boy stood, placing his hands lightly on the table. It was a pose of power, but it was relaxed enough not to be threatening. "I would like to see my room first, if you do not mind. Although I might pass out before he arrives." He smiled and snorted in amusement. "Let's go."

Dana nodded.

“I can show you some moves” she said, smiling brightly. “I have to warn you beforehand, most likely you won’t reach a level like us, if you didn’t learn ballet since childhood, but it will surely increase your flexibility, and help you move more gracefully. It is a great way to relax, though. You will love it.”

She cocked her head to the side as the boy complimented her husband sincerely. She looked happy, and entirely relaxed. Like the situation was perfect.

“It is easy; благодаря много.” she pronounced the words with ease, and repeated it a few times for Ganyemedes. She looked increasingly satisfied, especially as the youth made his promise.

“If he asked you, I am sure he really needs some joy now. He is pretty fair and square as it comes to deals. You give exactly what he asks for, and you receive what he promised, and maybe more. Come with me, then. We should go and get your packs, though; I left them in the car. Sorry…”

She led the boy upstairs for his bags, and grabbed the biggest one with ease, lifting it like it weight no more than a feather. She chatted excitedly.

“You can wander around once you are rested, I will make Ilya give a security pass for you. Sorry, most of the rooms need that keycard, since this place is so choke-full of artworks… but I am sure you will love them. And I will show you an unused atelier, too, so you can try your hand at everything. I am rubbish when I paint, for example, but it still feels good… oh, and I think you will love sculpting, too. Boss loves almost every arts, including performance arts, so he knows several teachers. You will get any help you need, you just need to ask for it. And here is your room…”

She shove the rosewood door in. It had a grey, steel rose worked into the surface, and the silk wallpaper was exactly the same colour inside; the parquet was grey ash, too. The room was almost simple, compared to the others, but it had a full wall fresco, the cracked doorway seemingly leading into a garden scattered with the remnants of columns, and buildings. A cliff was hanging over the silvery green plants, and a sphynx was looking down from it, its beautiful face, with amber eyes, watching the remnants solemnly. It was hauntingly beautiful and mysterious, somehow filling the room with anticipation.

The furniture was made from ashen wood, too, with grey and blue carpets and holsters. The big wardrobe stood open, and the bed was already made. Electric fire burnt in the fake fireplace, and soft music was playing from hidden speakers, filling the air with solace. Even the piano was grey, just as the mirror. It was still a delightful place, maybe from the elegance of the lines, and the fresco on the wall.

“Here it is.” Dana said quietly. “Do you like it?”

The boy nodded and repeated the word several times, until he got close to correct. He smiled in satisfaction. Again, Dana was chatty. Ganyemedes could barely get a word in sideways. "Oh I am already quite flexible. Maybe not ballet dancer level. But I take fencing to keep in shape."

He followed her up the stairs, listen to her babble. She was beautiful, and so was her voice. He didn't mind at all. So he simply nodded at an approproate time and urged her on to speak. He blinked in surprise when she easily hefted out a bag that weighed nearly fifty pounds. "I can-- okay never mind." He laughed softly. He grabbed his small messenger bag with all of his electronic devices. He was used to being waited on, but he still was not used to it. He was too caring; he hated seeing people like Zephyr and his father use people and treat them as dirt.

When they finally reached his room he raised an eyebrow. It was beautiful, and he immediately felt relaxed inside of it. He could easily make this his new home. "It's very beuatiful. Goes with my eyes? Don't you think?" He tucked his hands under his chin to frame his face and bat his blonde eyelashes.

Ganyemedes laughed and placed his bag down by the edge of the bed. "It's very lovely. Maybe I will have dreams of sphinxes with that wonderous creature watching over me." He sat down on the bed, facing the fresco. He stared at it with a soft, content smile; and in his drowsy state started getting lost in it. His thoughts started to wander, and go into an almost dreamlike state. Colors started to morph and change and dance.

He shook his head and blinked a few times. "If I am going to see Tibor before I sleep, I need to go now. I almost fell asleep right there." He laughed and stood up, swaying slightly. "I need more affection, dammit." He laughed and blushed slightly. It was not a lie. His mother had been very affectionate, be she died of infection when he was seven. His father was not an affectionate man, by any means.

The only person who ever showed him love was... And did that even count?

His throat started to swell and he shook his head again. Tears prickled at his eyes and he took a deep breath. "Sorry. I'm just so happy to be here." He half-lied.

“Oh, really? Fencing is good! Tibor also likes it; you two can practice together! You will enjoy it, I promise. He is very good, actually…” the ballet dancer followed the youth in, putting down the heavy pack. She was smiling.

“You like that picture? Boss painted it not so long ago. Guess that is why Ilya chose this room” Dana seemed happy with this, somehow. She leaned to the boy, hugging him tight for a minute, watching the wall with him. Then, as the boy started to get drowsy, she nodded.

“All right. I will show you how to find his room. But it is off limits unless he lets you in. It is off limits to us, too. Boss seems to like his privacy…” she stood up, pulling the boy with him. She hurried out to the corridor, guiding her protégé through the maze-like setup. She stopped before a very simple oak door. It seemed old, decorated with burnt lines forming rosebushes on its surface. Before Dana could knock, though, the door opened, and Ilya stepped outside, with a smile bright like the sun. He seemed very, very tired, carrying the silver tray with shaky hands. He was pale now, but happy, even beaming at Ganyemedes.

“Sir waits you. Go” he instructed, and kicked the door a little more open.

Inside, the interior looked like an Elizabethan room. It was tidy and somehow still messy, a curtain closing off what looked like sleeping quarters. The sofa and the simple table before that was covered with sheets of paper carrying differently styled sketches and paintings of various subjects, and art supplies waited on a table. The walls were lined with bookshelves. In the middle of the living quarter, on a pedestal, a half-made work waited. A statue, formed from clay, a man covered and bond by roses…

Tibor turned towards Ganyemedes, smiling, putting down a small tool. He looked healthier now, with a touch of colour on his bruised cheeks. The injuries stayed, though, their colour slowly deepening. He still wore the suit from before, even if he had some clay on his hands.

“Oh! Does this mean I indeed get some good night kisses?” he asked brightly.

"Oh he's good? Maybe he can help me. I wish I could say I went to competitions, but sadly no." He yawned and rubbed his eyes as he was lead through the underground maze. "I could get lost in here..."

To the drowsy Ganyemedes, they seemingly appeared in front of the odoor. He examined the burn lines closely, smiling. When the door opened, and Ilya came out, Ganyemedes smiled widely. He repated the words he had just learned in Bulgarian to Ilya, before he left. He was so excited about this, that he did not remember to be suspicious.

The youth was dragged into Tibor's room, and quickly was engulfed into a world of wonder. The room was indeed an artist's room. Scattered pages and art littered every surface, but it was the sculpture in the middle that caught his attention. He smiled at it. "You must love roses quite a bit. I do, too. Mother grew them."

Ganyemedes blushed brightly at the comment about good night kisses. He laughed softly. "At least I'm not making you tuck me in."

He stepped forward and threw his arms around Tibor, unabashedly. He hummed in happiness. When he pulled away slightly to look at Tibor's bruises, he frowned and made a noise of concern. "You poor thing... Let's start here." He placed a gentle kiss on each bruise, cupping Tibor's face as he did. He moved to place his forehead against Tibor's and smiled. "Thank you." He spoke in Greek, wthout knowing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back