• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Blood Courtiers

Ganyemedes smiled at Ilya and followed. He repeated his one phrase in Bulgarian he knew, a quick thank you. He tried to make conversation, being quick and concise, taking care to remmeber Ilya's verbal handicap. "Is there garlic in this food? I have a small allergy, nothing like Tibor. I was too tired to ask last night. It was wonderful all the same."

He followed beside Ilya quickly. In his mind, the man was competition. Ilya was stronger, more talented, and knew Tibor better. Though it sounded like their relationship was purely platonic and almost business like, Ganyemedes did not trust an bee to obey its queen. Even less so trust a man who he knew loved (to some degree) Tibor, and came out of he bedroom of his "boss" looking overly elated. And whatever transpired there had him still blissful. Had he really noticed last night, things would have ended differently. Then again, he would not have ended with Tibor asleep on top of him. And to lose that...

What had happened to Tibor last night? What had happened to Ganyemedes?

So even the young man's footsteps were calculated to match the longer legs of the ballet dancer. If he wanted to keep the upper hand on the situation (which he currently thought he had, given the events of last night), he had to play the psychology aspect as well. He was dimiutive in status, that was true. But if he could keep up with Ilya in other ways, the ballet dancer might respect him more.

These terribly paranoid thoughts did not show on the youth's face. He smiled widely at Ilya. "You seem in a much better mood than last night. I'm glad."

Ilya looked at the youth a bit scared, with a tad guilty expression. He seemed to take the question seriously, and somehow ashamed. At least it looked like he shed the suspicion from his attitude. It was replaced by some tiredness, though.

“Allergy? Sorry. Never ask. Garlic was in. You good?” he cocked his head, stopping in the lunchroom. He pondered a bit, then snatched up the plates. “Garlic is in beef too. Make you else. Sit. Wait it.”

He smiled a bit, not only with his mouth now. He seemed to appreciate that Ganyemedes cared.

“I feel better. Sorry. Was talking to Sir, last night. He tell me, you are not to hurt him. You not to mock me. You nice, and will nice. Will be here for him. He… loneness. Swallows and hurts. All moody. Now smiles. Smiles really. You learn thanks quick. We will all right. We might friend. But you stay here. For Sir. Please? Make smile again. He tired. Wake up.”

He sighed.

“Sorry. English no good. Still. Be here. Make friend. I make you food. Deal?”

Ganyemedes' smile sofetened and became more affable. His blue eyes twinkled. "Oh I'll be fine. Don't worry about me. I can eat garlic. I might get a small sotmach ache. A rash if there is a lot. But your food is worth it." He sat down, and watched as Ilya snatched the plate away.

He listened, as always, intently, unscrambling Ilya's words as he went. He smiled and nodded. "I will. Dana told me the same thing. I need him as much as he needs me." He doubted his words. "As for your English, we will practice. You can help me with my Bulgarian."

The youth felt guilt well up in his stomach. He always assumed the worst in people. Rarely was he proven wrong, but when he was, he regretted his attitude. It was a self defense mechanism; he could not help it. But Ilya was proving to be kind. Still, he was a threat to some degree. And last night was still fresh in his mind, and made him suspicious.

“I still make without garlic. Allergy is bad” said Ilya, hesitating for a bit with the platters in his hand. “Sir has many. Not good. Rash not pretty either. Sir like pretty. You pretty.”

He was almost smiling again, taking out something else from the fridge. He quickly checked the small pot’s contents, then nodded contently, and placed it before Ganyemedes. It seemed to be some kind of rice pudding, smelling from cardamom and golden with saffron.

“Practice good. Find piano? That good too. Language good. Eat this calm. I make more. Salt. I mean… savoury. No garlic. And…”

He fished in his pocket for a while, then pulled out a small metal case, and handed it over.

“Keycard. Keys. No finger yet. Will do, yet you eat. First eat. Will need power. Go to theatre with Sir? Tempest on. Good show…”

Then he raised his head to a sound of a bell.

“Ah, good. Giano here. You need suit…” and he left the dining room to let the tailor in, but soon returned, alone. “Sorry. Was someone else. Did you finish pudding?”

Dana was almost moaning softly as Tibor drank, taken by the euphoria of the Kiss. The vampire drank slowly from her hand, trying not to lose his cool and take more than he needed. He hated the idea of making Dana weak, but it was better than draining Ganyemedes accidentally. It was times like this when he hated that he cannot really use blood bags; he was averse to tepid blood. Even the bottles in the club were a stretch, no matter how recently they were taken right there in the club…

He filled up as much as he dared, letting Dana go. The girl was paling and panting, but practically beaming with pleasure. She almost seemed heartbroken that the Kiss ended.

“Thank you, Dana. Can you move?”

The girl nodded, and stood up, a little less gracefully, but no less happy.

“I will be all right by tomorrow, don’t you worry your pretty head off. Speaking of that, do you know you still have injuries on your face? What did you do?”

“I had a disagreement with my sarcophagus.”

“You should give that up, boss. A bed here would be just as good. I know you are a sucker for traditions, but…”

“I am sleeping in that, not you. Please, Dana, let it go already. I would have needed to replicate some injuries for tonight, anyway.” Tibor looked into the mirror. He would need to spend a little more blood for making it believable, a little less beaten but still not healed face would be the best…

So he did that, and dressed into a suit, while Dana left him alone to lead the media contact to a library.

Ganyemedes was beginning to realize why Dana and Ilya were married; the both flitted around like birds, and chittered just as much. So he remained silent, inserting appropriate comments at the right time. Though the comment about him being pretty disturbed him. Yes he knew he was attractive, attractive to the point where he turned heads. But that should not be such a big concern for someone like Tibor. Unless Tibor was more shallow than he thought. Ganyemedes contained a sigh.

When the pot was placed down in front of him, he examined it. The smell of the pudding wafted up to him and he smiled. He started to eat when Ilya pulled out the metal container. "Thank you. I am excited to see it; I saw Measure by Measure last night; that is how Tibor and I met. But he is doing two plays at once?" He was slightly shocked. That was a busy man.

The youth heard the doorbell ring and watched as Ilya left. He looked around for a moment and sighed. He wanted to push the pudding away, even though it was delicious. He just felt empty, lifeless. All he wanted to do was sleep. Then he recalled that he did not take any medication last night. Ganyemedes rolled his eyes at himself. Of course that was why he was feeling depressed, his antidepressants were leaving his system. Though he did not know why he thought it was so important to come off of them; obviously they were doing something. And he thought it odd how insisitent Tibor was that he came off of them. Maybe he thought depression and insomnia and anxiety would make him a better artist. The youth scoffed and finished off the pudding.

When Ilya retured, Ganyemedes nodded. "Ah. All right. Yes, I did. It was delicious, thank you. Should we put me into the system, now?"

Ilya nodded.

“He general work three play. Now two he play. One in work. Very nice game.” he stated, satisfied.

Putting Ganyemedes into the system was longer and Ilya did it in silence, visibly concentrating to the procedure. It involved a laptop and several pads, and the ballet dancer usually only motioned the youth where to put his hand, or where to look at. He seemed satisfied by the end, though, and he even smiled.

“Good. Now you free go. You like. Now…”

It was when the doorbell rang again. Ilya stood up, excited.

“Giano now. I sure…” and he ran again, this time indeed returning with a short, brown-skinned man. He motioned for Ganyemedes again, to follow him into one of the showrooms.

“Come. He Giano. Tailor.”

“I am indeed Signor Gracieux’ tailor. My name is Giano Vertelli. Very pleased to meet you, Signor…” the Italian man looked at the boy expectantly.

Tibor was quite pleased with the result of the negotiations. Zaya agreed to hold back any unsavoury articles that might harm Ganyemedes, but was very, very interested in some rumours about the current head’s negligence and Zephyr Mars’s (non-existent) frequent excursions to the red light district’s rent boy quarter. She promised that she will make some quality works from what he gave her, and bid her farewell with her notes scrambling through several pages. After all, Tibor provided Zaya with all he deemed harmless for Ganyemedes, and everything he judged painful enough for his father. He also promised some more news in exchange for not asking too much about Tibor’s “horrid facial injuries”.

After Zaya left, Tibor took care to warm up his skin and face, then stood up.

Time to look for Ganyemedes…

Ganyemedes followed along with Ilya's instructions quietly. He understood how it could be complicated, and did not interrupt the man. When he got put into the system, he beamed, and was about to take off when the doorbell rang.

Shit. It was the tailor.

The youth tried not to visibly pout. He wanted to go exploring, not get fitted for a new suit. Though now, since he was not only unemployed but expected to work on a new craft, he would have plenty of time to explore every room in the mansion.

He smiled and bowed his head slightly. He held out his hand for Giano to shake. "Ganyemedes, sir. Ganyemedes Mars." He hoped the tailor would not immediately recognize him by his name, and by his appearance.

The tailor politely shook the youth’s hand, his shake firm and warm.

“Very pleased to meet you, Signor Mars” he said on a pleasant voice. “I won’t take long, I promise; but I will need your measurements. I think I can indeed fit a suit on you quick enough, I brought over several sizes since signora Stoyanov said you will need it tonight. That one won’t be entirely bespoken for you, but I promise for tomorrow you will have one made just for you. Then several others. Could you tell me about your preferences in the terms of materials and cuts?”

He gestured for Ganyemedes to stand on a small, round pedestal, and pulled out a measure from his pocket. He moved smoothly, quietly, and worked with quick moves, noting every measurement in his pocketbook.

Tibor arrived around halfway through, his long hair brushed, and let loose over his shoulders. The injuries were looked like they healed a bit since yesterday, but all were still visible. He walked quietly into the room, then stood aside, watching the boy with a happy, and now somehow more relaxed smile. He enjoyed the sight, although he quickly decided he liked Ganyemedes wearing formal clothing more…

Last edited:
Ganyemedes had been fitted for suit before, many times before. He started rattling off his information like he was at a doctor's office. He knew it by heart, being a bit of a fashionista. Though his tastes usually went from formal attire quickly to the more niche and eye catching pieces. Vivienne Westwood was his favorite.

He was standing on the pedestal, allowing Giano to take his measurements when Tibor walked in to the room. It was the strangest sensation. Though he could not see the man walk in, he could feel his presence, as if a golden cord had tightened around his heart. The youth quickly looked over his shoulder, almost nervously. When he saw Tibor, all of his doubts disappeared and turned to dust. His decisions last night made sense. Everything finally made sense. His heart soared and skipped and flutered in his chest. He felt like a school boy with a crush. And this time, it did not occur to him that this was exactly what he was feeling.

He could not wait for the damn tailor to get done so he could run over and hug and kiss Tibor. So while Giano worked, Ganyemedes' eyes flit back and forth, answering any questions the tailor had, and then back to Tibor.

Everything finally made sense.

Finally, the tailor finished, and nodded contently, noting every single one of Ganyemedes’ preferences into his pocketbook. He seemed to be elated by the fact that the youth knew so much about fashion. Then, when he took all measurements, he smiled at the youth.

“Thank you for your patience. I will return soon with a close size, and do the fitting right here. Do not leave” he said, then turned, and smiled at Tibor. “Signor Gracieux, thank you for thinking at me. I brought your new costumes… I will also bring those in.”

The vampire just nodded, then, as the tailor left, he stepped closer to the boy. He saw how Ganyemedes was looking at him, and he felt strangely happy from the youth’s eyes. He just wanted to hug him so much…

…he knew he will, he wanted to do that. Even if he changed a few things, he still wanted, no, he needed to be intimate, in a not entirely sexual sense, with Ganyemedes. He wanted to touch him, to feel that wonderful warmth he felt last night, before drifting to death.

“Good evening, Ganyemedes” he said quietly, raising his hand to touch the youth’s face, although not daring to go for a kiss yet. He bit his cheek from inside as preparation, but he leaned simply for a hug, letting Ganyemedes to decide what he wants to do. “I hope you enjoy this place, I was a bit anxious about how you have spent your first night… I mean day in this mansion….”

The youth waited impatiently for Giano to leave. When the tailor finally left, Ganyemedes practically jumped off the pedestal and ran over to Tibor like an excited rabbit. He beamed at Tibor, and leaned into his touch, then threw his arms around him as Tibor hugged him. He pulled away enough to smile and laugh at him. "Oh I have only been up for a few hours. I was very tired last night. I wrote about last night in my journal, wandered around for a bit, could not find the bathroom. Very well hidden inside the fresco, might I add."

He laughed and pressed a kiss to Tibor's lips. Again, he felt the sensation of every cell in his body blooming and flowering. He jumped, not expecting the sensation. Ganyemedes pulled away, looking Tibor over with gleaming eyes. Another laugh and he practically threw himself at Tibor, kissing him ever deeper. He found it hard to control himself. As the kiss progressed, it became much more agressive, to the point that the youth had intertwined his hand in Tibor's hair once more and had their bodies pressed together so tightly...

Ganyemedes ended the kiss by practically shoving Tibor away. He was blushing, hard. He cleared his throat and tried to smooth back his hair. "I'm sorry. I don't know what go into me there..." He coughed and turned his back, stepping away. His thoughts began to cloud, and doubt filled them once more. Though it was hard to think around the golden cord squeezing his heart.

It was adorable as Ganyemedes started to act so happily, and Tibor hugged him tight. He longed for the contact, for this special kind of intimacy. It was endearing as the boy chatted, and the actor smiled in earnest.

“Oh, I hope one of them showed you the bath” he laughed. “And beside the fresco, I didn’t want to damage it…”

He was cut off by the kiss, a kiss he didn’t ask for, and which made him almost flustered. Somehow, it was satisfying, as the youth partook his blood again, in his own volition, without prompting, but the sense of contentment was tainted by the fact that Ganyemedes seemed to be enter into a haze from it, kissing him roughly and pressing their body together. It was evident that he was aroused, and somehow, while usually Tibor would feel praised from that, now it made him uncomfortable. Last night’s memories were still fresh, and the vampire tensed reflexively. He was not sure what to do, he was longing for the intimacy, but not the sensuality of the situation. The youth was turned on, and he was almost rough… like…

He almost felt thankful when he was shoved away, trying to smile all the same… he reached out, to caress Ganyemedes’ darkening face.

“Don’t worry about that. I am sorry for getting up this late. I seem to be under the weather” he motioned towards the armchairs in the corner. “Would you be offended if I asked for a cuddle while we talk a bit? I have a performance tonight, but after that, we can start setting up everything… so… could you tell me what do you think you want to do? I want to act according your wishes…”

That was part of the reason he had shoved Tibor away; he could feel the man tensing up. But he had to stop himself somehow, so he pushed off of the other man. He did not like what he was becoming, though it was just a flicker of a thought now. He decided to control himself more, and to try and be himself. It would be hard; he never was allowed to be himself before.

When Tibor reached out to caress him, and offered to cuddle in the arm chairs, he was visibly surprised. The youth bowed his head in shame, and looked up at Tibor through his long and thick eyelashes. "I would like that. I am sorry, though, for my... overzealous nature. I've never... had someone..." He coughed. "I've never had a boyfriend. Not sure if I can call you that, but I thought you should know."

Ganyemedes took a deep breath and smiled. He gently took Tibor's hand, and lead him to the chairs. "I want to take up the piano again, and maybe the violin. I also want to learn how to paint and sketch, even just casually. But--and I've never told anyone this before--I love to write poetry."

Tibor sighed, the tension leaving, as the boy seemed ashamed. He reached out, caressing Ganyemedes’ face with tender touch, and love.

“I am the one who should be sorry. I just… how to explain that the best…. I just long for more than carnal desires. And first and foremost, I need some… non-sensual intimacy, right now.” he tried to smile, and it worked, his charm turning on. “I am happy I will be your first… boyfriend. Although I hope to be more later. Just right now, especially after last night, when you expressed some regrets, I won’t want to rush. Please, do not hate me for that. I think what you are doing should be more natural than my wishes. Of course, if that is what you wish for, I’d be usually happy to give, but now…”

He sighed, pulling the boy into his lap gently. The armchair was a piece from two centuries before, it was huge, and very comfortable. There was place for two, so the actor made the youth sit into his lap.

“You are adorable and beautiful, my midnight star. And you surprise me all the time. I would love to help in your endeavours; especially poetry. I love poems, I love the rhythm and rhyme of the words. I won’t be a worthy teacher in that, but I will gladly help you find some. I think your room has a piano in it already, and there are several violins in the mansion. I think I am proficient in music, I will be happy to practice with you, and Ilya is good on the piano, too. I think you will find everything here what you need, and if you deem my help not enough, I know several artists who would be happy to help out a new talent.”

He smiled, listening to Ganyemedes’ heartbeat. He felt relaxed now, no longer uncomfortable. Cuddling was so good…

“Sweet little bird. I want to read your poetry so much. Promise me you will give me the first…”

The youth simply nodded in understanding when Tibor explained his uneasiness earlier. He was elated that Tibor agreed to be his boyfriend, and possibly more some day. But he blushed when he was called adorable and pulled into Tibor's lap. He happily sat there, holding the other man as he was also held. One arm wrapped around Tibor's shoulders, and the other found his hand, and interlaced their fingers. His thumb gently ran over Tibor's knuckles, and he rested his cheek in Tibor's head.

"I will of course give you the hand written and hand edited versions of my first published works. But I don't think they will be the same as the poems I write about you, or the poems dedicated to you." Ganyemedes smiled and kissed Tibor's forehead. The hand wrapped around his shoulders gently untangle his hair.

The youth laughed. "I'm sorry about always grabbing your hair. I just... I really like it. I miss my long hair. I cut it because my uncle kept teasing me about it being overly feminine, and I regret it."

Tibor smiled, nuzzling the youth’s shoulder. He enjoyed the intimacy of their touch, the warm body in his arms, the thunder of Ganyemedes’ heartbeat. It was amazing and refreshing, calming down his hunger, the Beast inside.

He watched their interlaced fingers, slim hand on slim hand. They still looked so different, his skin deadly pale, the youth’s brimming with life… soon, they will be more similar. Somehow, he realized he is not looking forward to that moment. Not anymore.

The actor almost blushed as the youth teased he will write poems of him and to him. It sounded very, very enticing.

“I can barely wait” he confessed, kissing the boy’s hand. Then he just laughed, softly, amusedly, although the pain in his soul tinted it a little more bitter.

“Don’t worry about it. Why don’t you let your hair grow now, though? I am sure you will look amazing. And I can get you a very good hairdresser, too... so it will look even prettier…”

The tailor arrived back, with a suit bag over his arm. He politely bowed, and entirely unfazed by the sight, he went to pull out the suit from the bag and straighten it out. It was a nice ensemble, black complimented by smart red lining and outlines, with a traditionally cut Italian shape. The dress shirt, ties and shoes were also there.

“Signor Mars. May I request respectfully that you try these on?” asked Giano smoothly. He just stood there, with no disgust or judgment in his voice…

Gayemedes sighed in contentment, holding Tibor close. He felt calm, relaxed. It was a rare thing for him. "All right, I will." He laughed softly. "We can match if I do it long enough."

He suddenly sat up, excited. "Oh." He lightly smacked Tibor on the shoulder. "Few things. Ilya is going to help me refresh my piano skills. Dana is going to teach me ballet, and you, good sir, are going to help me with my fencing."

Giano entered, carrying the ensemble. When asked, Ganyemedes stood up, but not before kissing Tibor's knuckles. The man was so cold, and he hardly breathed, and the youth never seemed to be able to find a heartbeat...

He stood and straightened himself. "Should I just change in here or is there some place more private?" He was very self concious of his body, and possibly being in any state of undress in front of anyone. He did not know why, but he had always been that way.

Tibor laughed, relaxed as he caressed the boy.

“Ohh, you already made deals with them? I feel very, very proud somehow. I will gladly help you learn fencing. That is a very useful and relaxing talent to have.” he said, smiling proudly. He himself for one loved fighting, and was actually very good in it. He enjoyed the melee immensely.

He nodded, watching the suit. He liked it already, the material seemed nice, and he thought the cut will complement Ganyemedes’ slight form nicely.

“Will a dressing screen do for you?” he asked, realizing why is the boy nervous. He stood up, and walked to the side of the room, lifting out one of the wooden panels. It was something they used to call a Spanish wall; a heavy-set, thick wooden paravan, carved and painted with roses. It could be opened to a three-wall portion, so that gave a nice, and not seen-through private chamber. Tibor opened it out for Ganyemedes effortlessly, showing the youth the result.

“Well? What do you think?...”

Ganyemedes nodded, satisfied. "It will do nicely, thank you." He took the suit from Giano and nodded, thanking him as well. He slipped behind the parition and started to undress, then redress. He tried to do it as quickly as possible. Even knowing people were just a few feet away from him made him the slightest bit nervous.

Rather quickly he was done. He straightened the suit, and went back into the main part of the room. The youth looked very attractive, and the red complimented his fair nature. The cut was appropriate as well, accenting his slim shoulders and waist. Ganyemedes looked himself over with a smile. "I rather like it."

Giano turned to the vampire as the boy left to dress.

“I will try and hurry up with the new wardrobe, signor Gracieux” he said politely. “Would the same terms we agreed for your clothes do for signor Mars?”

“Of course. And I would like him to have them as soon as possible. Also, a few practicing outfits, if you would be able.”

“I will do everything I can” promised the short Italian. “I hope this will be fitting…”

“Just as I do…” Tibor turned back towards Ganyemedes, and he practically beamed as he saw the results. “Oh!”

The youth looked amazing. The suit fit him as well as it was bespoken for him, and as it accentuated his shape and features, Tibor felt astounded.

“Beautiful.” he whispered. “I love it, too.”

“I’m glad” Giano bowed, smiling. “I think there is nothing to work on for today… I will take my leave. For tomorrow, I will bring something new.”

Tibor just nodded, still watching the boy.

“You look perfect” he said quietly. “I didn’t tell you yesterday, but sadly I’ll have to leave you alone while I am on stage. Although not entirely alone. I will leave with you with one of my friends, and his son, if it is all right with you. They are very nice, I promise…”

Ganyemedes smiled at Tibor, and gave a small bow to Giano. He addressed the tailor, "Thank you for your work. It is phenomenal."

He looked back at Tibor and snorted in amusement. "Oh no. I expected you to let me come back stage so I could hang off of you like some sort of parasite." He laughed and shook his head, blonde hair falling around him in a halo. "I am glad you have someone I can stay with, though. It will be nice to start to get to know your friends. Especially since you... don't really get to meet any of mine."

The youth did not have friends. Well, maybe Antonio, which was ironic. Instead he had acquaintances and people he used as pawns. He hated doing that, but in his life it was completly necessary. It was how he survived, how he kept his head above the water. Sometimes, still, he still felt like he was drowning. But around Tibor, he could breathe again.

He dismissed the thoughs with a couple of blinks. He smiled at Tibor. "You're staring."

“I am honoured. I do hope you will enjoy my other works just the same. I am looking forward seeing you tomorrow” said Giano with a cheerful expression as he left. He looked reasonably happy, and somehow like he was actually curious, looking forward next time.

Tibor stepped closer to the boy, hugging him tight.

“I am sorry for the staring. I tend to get lost in the sight of beauty” he said softly, kissing the boy’s temple. “You look perfect in this, so I hope it will help you feel better. Sorry about being in such a hurry that we left your own clothes in your home. I just didn’t feel the inclination for going back after Zephyr…”

He was interrupted by an opening door, as Karas marched in.

“There you are! Should have thought so, I have seen your tailor leaving! Oh, and here is young Ganyemedes, too! Perfect!” he practically shouted. He looked smarter than yesterday, even shaven, and somehow squeezed into a bespoke suit. The sight might have been even more imposing than yesterday. “I wanted you to meet our friends!...”

The sheriff himself shut up, surprised, as one of the two slim, black-clad figures suddenly lunged forward, throwing his arms around Tibor, and as it was, Ganyemedes, too, hugging them both tight. It was a thin and not too tall teenager, shorter than the Greek boy, maybe around sixteen or seventeen, of very obviously Semitic descent, and a happy expression, despite his paleness and somehow Gothic aesthetic. He was deathly cold, too.

“It is so Gut to see you again!” he exclaimed, with a touch of German accent. “I loved that play yesterday! I can barely wait for the Tempest, again – you are the best Prospero ever!”

“I am sure this is not the case, but thank you very much for the praise, Amos” Tibor sighed, and smiled, petting the boy’s black locks. “Are you feeling well?”

“Yes, so much better…” Amos was practically purring. He still held his arms around both, until the taller, and very much similar looking, deadly pale man in his thirties didn’t stalk up to them, and gently removed the boy from the actor.

“Amos, we have someone new in our presence” he scolded the boy lightly, and smiled at Ganyemedes. He had a German accent, too, much more thicker than his son’s. “It is rude to go and just hug strangers before even presenting yourself. Excuse us for his poor manners. Generally, he doesn’t get out much. He is my son, Amos Kronn, and I am Ichabod Kronn. We are pleased to meet you, Herr…”

Ganyemedes was surprised at the attack hug. His blue eyes widened. He stayed perfectly still, and wached the exchange with a smile. Tibor was so gentle and caring, and this boy so full of life, even though his face was pale and his body cold to the touch.

When the boy was pulled away and scolded, Ganyemedes pulled away from Tibor as well, and with a laugh. "His enthusiasm is much appreciated." Then he bowed slightly at the waist. "Ganyemedes Mars. Pleasure to meet you.'

He turned to Karas with a wide grin. "And you! You look very nice all cleaned up. If you did not seem like a giant teddy bear, I might actually be scared of you. Though I have a feeling people who do not treat you with respect would learn to fear you." The youth (though now he thought not the youngest in the room) laughed.

“Very much pleased to meet you. I take you are Tibor’s protégé?” smiled Ichabod, letting go of his son, although still holding his hand on the boy’s shoulder. “I am glad we met, then. We will most likely see each other often later. As you can see, my son is an avid adorer of your mentor…”

Karas laughed from his belly, patting and cordially embracing Ganyemedes for a moment.

“Thank you! Ichabod insisted I look smart tonight, and as Amos looked at me with those puppy eyes, I couldn’t say no. So I am indeed here to act like a teddy bear, and not like a brute. How are you doing?”

Before the youth could answer, though, Amos suddenly hug the Greek boy, too, and smiled at him, almost vibrating from excitement. His hug wasn’t as strong as the gigantic man’s, but just as enthusiastic.

“Will you come with us? We are going to see the Tempest! It will be amazing!” he was almost shrieking from the thrill already. It was almost adorable. It would have been adorable if he wasn’t so thin and pale…

The youth made a small noise of surprise when he was embraced again. He stayed frozen for a moment. He was not used to so much affection. In fact he was averse to being touched so much, especially without fair warning. Something in him stirred, and it was not a good thing. A drumbeat sounded in his temples, and the uneasiness in his withered away. There was an unusually long pause between the initial embrace, and the returning of the gesture.

Ganyemedes laughed as he hugged Amos back. He kept his hands on the thin boy's shoulders and smiled. "Yes, I will be attending the play. I am quite as excited as well; I have not seen the Tempest preformed in quite some time; and never preformed by our favorite actor." He looked over at Tibor and beamed.

Then he looked back to Karas. "I had a nice day. Or rather afternoon. I've only been up for a short while. I was up for... twenty-one consecutive hours before I fianlly fell asleep with my clothes on still." He laughed again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back