• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Bleakwinder [ detailed; futuristic / fantasy ]

staticteeth

vague.
Hi all! 

My name is diatomic (period optional), and this is (admittedly) not my first time around the block when it comes to RPNation or partner searching. This thread is nothing particularly fancy as of the moment - just an idea I wanted to try, as my current partner is a bit tied up in other matters and I'm fairly desperate to write. (((': 

Before we get started, some quick things about me: 

• I am a strictly detailed roleplayer. This means a minimum of 4-7 paragraphs, although going above and beyond is both recommended and encouraged. I tend to mirror my partner's posts in length, though my own can reach from 800-3000+ words, and I personally like to stick to a quality middle ground.  
  • I'm currently attending school and work evenings and weekends. A post every 1-2 days may sometimes be a stretch, but that's my goal. Of course, I won't hold you to any strict standard concerning activity; I understand completely if/when life gets in the way. 
  • I need someone who's able to work with me as far as moving the plot along. This doesn't mean communicating OOC about every tiny detail or taking it upon yourself to paint every possible arc in the story, but rather achieving a good median. We should both be contributing about equally to the plot. 

In the following plot: 

• I will play Muse B. 
  • I have a slight preference for a female character in the role of Muse A (especially since I haven't written a male/female relationship in quite some time), but this is entirely up to you. 
  • Dark themes will be included. Depending on how this pans out, some situations may involve (but are not limited to): drug use, violence, non-excessive gore, non-explicit sexual themes, psychological horror, and mentions of generally disturbing concepts (e.g. cannibalism, nuclear war, etc.). I believe the best roleplays don't limit themselves too much, so I don't have many limits myself. Nevertheless, please let me know if you do! <3  
  • Background / NPC / side characters are almost essential. This is an exploratory roleplay in which the characters are greatly affected by the world around them, which would, of course, include other people. You should be both able and willing to write additional characters.
  • Some details are negotiable (e.g. names, settings, events). The plot is more detailed here mostly for the sake of flair and can, of course, be edited to our liking. 

B L E A K W I N D E R  

A timeless tale of the aristocrat and the outcast, with slightly altered circumstances. Muse A belongs to a sprawling cluster of Midwestern camps which have fought their way tenaciously back to civilization status succeeding the heat of a devastating nuclear war. Though dreary and pathetic to outsiders, the Sprawl has served as a beacon of hope for those thousands still scraping along the monochrome backdrop of a charred existence; Muse A's place is highly sought-after by the stragglers, even more so considering their role as the eldest of the Chief's children: the heir to a dangerous throne. 

Muse B is an interruption unprecedented in the raw but consistent livelihood supported by the Sprawl - a vague yet inexplicably captivating threat which lingers on the periphery of each of its close-knit members, a stranger who insists upon making himself strange. His arrival follows the death of the Chief, a tragedy shortly pursued by a series of inexplicable vanishings, among them several of Muse A's siblings and closest confidants. Reasonably stressed and left to assume the responsibilities of their new kingdom alone, Muse A turns to the stranger as a scapegoat; Muse B, in turn, reveals that his admitted role in the disappearances were only of the purest intent: that the victims were traitors set on claiming the newly-inherited throne for themselves.

Reluctant to believe and angered at the stranger's audacity, Muse A orders his death to appease the increasing unease of both themselves and their people. On the eve of the execution, disaster breaks out, rendering the Sprawl to an uninhabitable rubble and once more killing many. Now desperate, Muse A claims Muse B as a prisoner and sets out with the remainder of their crumbling kingdom to find refuge; in a world grown feral, however, those who call themselves civilized may have little choice but to heed to the brutish wilds. 

Muse A soon finds themselves depending on Muse B for guidance. Muse B, with a supernatural inclination for both the warped world and its hidden secrets, guides Muse A down a path of hope, fear, and increasing ambition, striking up a twisted relationship in which salvation may lie only in truth, and no promise is as it seems. As Muse A gradually deviates from the safety and comfort of their own people to search for the truth behind the disappearances, Muse B sets to tempt them with a boundless contract: answers, glory, and the world itself. 

Please PM me if you've got any interest, and we'll work out the details there. I look forward to writing with you! <3  

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, Diatomic!

This plot shows a lot of promise! I have a few ideas, but unfortunately I haven't reached the 10+ posts requirement yet, so I am unable to send you the first message through PM. If you are still interested in role-playing this plot, would you mind shooting me a quick PM? I haven't yet encountered any problems with replying to messages, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back