• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Black Sheep Family [Small Group] Open!

EccentricFantasy

The mind is a fearsome thing, don't tread on it.
There are all sorts of families. Each family has their own dynamic and understands each other's quirks better than anyone else. If you can't trust family, who can you trust? There are families who protect each other and families who destroy each other. However, this story is not about them. This story is about a family who falls somewhere in between. A family of people who aren't even blood related, but who still find themselves closer than most other families.

The Riley family is made up of a father and his four adopted children. Each one was completely given up on. Left in the dust because of things that they couldn't control.

The oldest had the idea that they were the strongest. They looked down on everyone and only saw flaws. Flaws that they themself didn't have. They have no sympathy and care nothing for people they deem less than them. Most call them a sociopath. The father simply said that he knew that this child just needed somebody to show them that there was meaning in relationships.

The second child was a liar. They were good at it too. They didn't need to lie, but if they saw a way that they could get something more out of a situation through lying, there was no one better than them at lying and getting what they wanted. Everyone called this child a pathological liar. The father called this child someone who just wanted to show that they had power to change the world. They just needed to learn how to control it.

The third child was autistic. So sensitive to light and sound. They had a pathological need for everything to be exactly the way they needed it to be. Everything had a place and order. There was no changing it and if it was to be changed, there was a way to change it. They had troubles with communication and intimacy. Everything seemed so off and strange. Most of us are people called this child a freak and unable to be integrated into normal society. The father said this child just needed to be pushed. They just needed someone to push them closer to the goal of being a functioning member of society.

The fourth and final child was a genius. A genius who didn't see how simple minded people could exist. They didn't understand why nobody else could see what they saw. Why people found the problems they could solve with ease so daunting. If there was something they didn't know, there was no stopping them from figuring it out. What need was there for Hope and happiness? All that was really needed was true facts. People I would call this child antisocial, pessimistic and narcissistic. The father simply said that this child did not understand. All that this child would need was somebody who could understand and teach him how to understand others.

The father took in all four of these children. They were considered the worst of the worst. These children were forgotten and abandoned, but this man was ready to train them to be a real family. The only way he knew how to do that what's through combat. Being a member of the army, discipline and training was the only way to get through to these children. They moved often, so everywhere they went they were trained by a different martial artist. They were taught to fight and work together. At first it was hard. Each child had their own quirks to work through. That was often brutal fighting. However, over time it became almost natural to think of themselves as family. They began to understand each other and realized that just because they were different, didn't mean that the world had the right to turn their backs on them.

Each child learned how to fight. They learned how to use weapons. Some of them learn different styles of fighting from the others, but one thing always stayed the same. They had each other's backs, no matter what had happened in life. They were family now. Raised under strict discipline and guidelines, groomed to be Fighters.

When they all reached a specific age they took off to their own little ways. Each one doing something incredible. Whether that was gaining very high clearance inside of a government operation or becoming a mercenary. They put their militaristic lifestyle to good use. Each of them becoming Infamous in their own ring.

Then, each of them or hired for the same exact mission. They came in ready to do what they do best. Upon seeing each other it was nostalgic, but they all instantly knew that they were set up. The ship that they were on blew up and those who had set them up assumed that they were dead.

The next day, 4 people washed up on the beach of Puerto Rico. They were badly hurt and taken into the hospital. They were all still asleep and only when they woke up could people get the story.

<<<<<<<------------------------->>>>>>>>>

Obviously we will be playing the 4 siblings. I will be playing the third to child. The other three are up for grabs. Before you say you are interested, there are a few rules to this role play:
-Be able to post at least 3 paragraphs at least once a day.
-Be willing to talk out characters with the other members of the role play. Seeing as all four of them are adopted siblings, obviously there will be some overlap in backstories. Don't come in here and to just put out a backstory with the other characters and not even try to work it out.
-Follow all of my rulings, set ups and judgement. I am a nice guy and I will let most things slide, but if you knowingly do something that I have said not to do, I will not be so forgiving.
-Respect all the characters and do not try to make your character the greatest person in this role play. Each character will have been trained and taught by the same person for most of their life. All of the characters will be extremely badass. Just because you think your character is the absolute best, doesn't mean they are.

With those in place, I am looking for 3 people. As I stated, the third child is mine, but the other three are up for grabs. I was hoping to have two boys and two girls. I will be playing a male, so I need one male and two females. If you can agree to these rules and like the plot, show your interest by telling me which of the remaining three children you would like to play and their gender. Since there is only one male spot remaining, do not be upset if you do not get it. This is a small group so you better be able to get along. I cannot wait to see who decides to join the family.

It is a very interesting idea and certainly something that I would love to join, but unfortunately I can't right now

Aww. I was hoping I could play the third child since I'm autistic too. :closedeyescryingfrown:
I am too. Thats why I decided to take it. Sorry. Is there any other you were thinking about? In all honesty the 4th child is vauge enough we can say they are autistic as well.

I am too. Thats why I decided to take it. Sorry. Is there any other you were thinking about? In all honesty the 4th child is vauge enough we can say they are autistic as well.
Unfortunately, the fourth character sounds like a stuck-up jerk. I'm sorry, but I prefer to play... happier... characters.

(I don't mean to offend you with this comment; I just don't want to play the character.)

Unfortunately, the fourth character sounds like a stuck-up jerk. I'm sorry, but I prefer to play... happier... characters.

(I don't mean to offend you with this comment; I just don't want to play the character.)
I get that. However, those descriptions are of them as they first meet. They could have changed a bit over time.

While the idea is interesting, the only "off putting" thing about is your writing requirement and the reason I will not partake in it unless it is changed. I'm sorry, but 3 paragraphs a day is not something I'm looking to put into any rp.

While the idea is interesting, the only "off putting" thing about is your writing requirement and the reason I will not partake in it unless it is changed. I'm sorry, but 3 paragraphs a day is not something I'm looking to put into any rp.
While I understand that, it is not an unreasonable request. I manage to put that into every roleplay I have. It is something I can do with a spare 5 minutes in a day, so I am not getting what is so off putting about it. I am sorry that it seems to be too much for you, but the fact that you need it to be changed does not change the fact that I know many people who can do it and do it regularly. Of course if you have to skip a few days for good reason, thats fine. But you are just plainly saying that you don't want to put in the effort. Sorry, but that will not be changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back