• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Bishri City] Sowing the Seed of Love

Calliope
short orange hair blue eyes cat girl fantasy adventure merchant confused plants s-3933206482.png
Mentions: Elvario Elvario
Languages: Common | <Beastial>​

Calliope glanced all around her in awe as Keone explained. It was perfect. "<It was somewhat similar in Refara's Sound, too. With how I was treated as a beastfolk, I mean. Are most places in the See like that?>" She leaned to get a closer look at a collection of herbs laid out in the stall, mentally checking off any she knew. She recognized a few from the assignment that introduced her to Euthalia, Keone, and Islwyn, the memory bringing a smile to her face. "<What sorts of things do you enjoy looking for at these markets?>" She turned back to Keone, smiling warmly, happy to have this moment with her friend.

1691655125669.png
East Central Bishri, The Matron's Henge
Mid Day
At Euthalia and Islwyn's dismissal of the Heart's Seed, he looked over the paper work and the label on the chest containing the organ in question. "{No. No, it's correct. The numbers match up. The order came in not long ago and it was delivered here immediately. This is correct.}" He turned back to Euthalia expectantly, as if his proof was indisputable, but the Sylvari couldn't shake the feeling something was still wrong.

Euthalia Apricot

ekSJs62.jpg[

Sylvari
Mentions: Gnome StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal
Languages: Common | {Sylvan} | <Beastial>

She wasn't sure how to respond to that. Part of her didn't want to be a bother, but most of her didn't want that thing to be put inside of her. The more she looked at it, the more she felt repulsed by it. “{Is there any chance the numbers got put down wrongly by someone? Or that the contents were exchanged on accident, or perhaps even on purpose? Or that whomever delivered it tampered with it..?}” She was grasping at straws here, but it was all she could do.

Islwyn Meadhra
uSlu8FB.png

Upon hearing Euthalia's distress, she once again tried backing her up. “{Oh, sweetie, just look at her. Surely such a gnarly looking Heart's Seed can't be hers, right? There has to be some sort of mix-up somewhere down the line.}” She spoke, emphasising 'somewhere down the line' as to not directly accuse the gnome himself. That'd likely have the opposite effect.

Market Outside of Bishri
See of Chearon. Northern Edge. (Near) Bishri.
1000_F_547302883_xd3tTOjWlo1wXr5uvGkeb6OhUvSnGfoq.jpg
From: https://stock.adobe.com/kr/images/f...-with-a-warm-tone-like-a-fairy-tale/547302883

Keone Nagendra
awldLOf.png

“<Yeaaaaahhhhhh.....>” She sighed. “<It's a pain. Most Fae really like their supremacy. I get how they don't like Humans, but it'd be nice if they treated us Beasts a bit more like equals at times. We're not that different, after all.>” She spoke, although she made sure not to do so too publicly or loudly. She'd best not start trouble. “<I'm afraid most place are indeed like that, however, unless you manage to get honorary Fae-hood, so to say. That said, even some Fae will loosen up a little when money's involved... and there's species like Islwyn's. So long as you can party along, you're bound to get in quickly and easily with the Satyrs and Fauns.>”

That said, it wasn't time to debate the See's Faefolk. It was time for a trinket hunt! “<Hmmm... I like things that are shiny.>” She wasn't sure how else to explain it, so she just showed her the Small Solaris Gem. “<Things like this, which I got in Wmgroth!>”

[Small Solaris Gem: An amber gem which emits a pleasant heat. The perfect size to be socketed into an amulet.]

However, as she was talking, her [Heightened Sense Smell F] picked up on something as her tongue tasted the air. “<Oh, oh, oh! I think they're selling fried eel! Let's go!>” She called out, slithering through the many market stalls in a (mild) hurry. Luckily, most folk made way when seeing a snake heading their way.

1691809765041.png
Mid Day
The gnome looked incredulously at Euthalia, the thought of a mistake having been made sending fury coursing through him. As he was about to chastise the Sylvari for her audacity when Islwyn made her plea. He looked between the two of them, his temper cooling with each glance at Islwyn. "Fine. I'll check again. But I'm telling you, everything is correct." He picks up the paperwork and checks the number, then checks the number on the chest. He's about to speak, when he pauses and walks back to the shelf of cubbies, pulling one from near the bottom. He looks it over and then steps to another cubby not too far and checks another paper. "The numbers are correct. Everything in the system is as it should be. But, there is an inconsistency... This Heart's Seed was ordered to be delivered twice, the original order being cancelled and a new order put in almost immediately after. It was likely just a clerical mistake that was amended. But..." He returns to Euthalia and Islwyn at the counter. "Even if there is some sort of mix up, there is nothing I can do about it here. My job is to take care of Henge business. Mistakes made in other departments are beyond me. If you would like to make a complaint or inquirer further, you'll have to go to the East Storage Center." He looks between the two, flustered and waiting to see what they do.

Calliope
short orange hair blue eyes cat girl fantasy adventure vestments s-528626495.png
Languages: Common | <Beastial>
Calliope walked along side Keone, nodding at her words. "<I see... that is not promising to hear, but I suppose I shall have to learnn to navigate the Fae society if I want to succeed here. But I never back down from a challenge!>" She smiled and continued to glance from stall to stall seeing what else was on display. one seemed to filled with strange fruits, another with brightly colored blankets and rugs, and yet another with small exotic animals in cages. She wondered if one of the rugs might look good in her new establishment. In all the excitement of the past few days, she had nearly forgotten about it. She looked in awe as Keone revealed her small glowing gem, her pupils becoming wide. "<It's beautiful... Thank you for showing it to me.>" As Keone suddenly increased in speed, Calliope hurried after her, avoiding the people as they filled in the vacancy left in Keon's wake. Fried eel sounded fantastic and she did not want to miss out on this.

Euthalia Apricot

ekSJs62.jpg[

Sylvari

She was glad to see Islwyn work her magic, as the Satyr defused the situation in a way Euthalia wasn't able to. She suppressed a sigh when he sounded like he was just going to go through his 'all is well' reading again, which turned out to be a good move, as he actually admitted to something short after. “{Thank you sir. Would they also know where the other order went?}” As relieved as she was that this thing was likely not hers, she now had the worry of having to figure out where her actual Heart's Seed was at. Or worse, who might have it.

Islwyn Meadhra
uSlu8FB.png

Luckily enough, Islwyn was still on the case as well. “{Thanks a lot, dear~ We'll be sure to do that. However, could you do us a tiny bit of a favour and write a note with your stamp or something, explaining the situation? I'm sure they'll take us a lot more serious there when we've got the backing and explanation from such a dedicated and accurate worker.}” She'd speak (still using charm) to get them a bit more leverage going into their next situation.

Market Outside of Bishri
From: https://stock.adobe.com/kr/images/f...-with-a-warm-tone-like-a-fairy-tale/547302883

Keone Nagendra
awldLOf.png

Meanwhile, Keone had chased the scent, her tongue flicking through the air to beeline for it. “<Don't worry, you'll get used to it. I did, at least.>” Then again, she was used to being treated like a slave, mostly due to having been one, so she'd only gotten a better deal in this place. The latter wasn't on her mind, however. Fried eel had fully occupied it.

41727817.jpg

She took in the scent. It was pretty fresh! Oh, this was great. She was a bit taken aback when she found out the one selling it... but quickly recovered. “<I'll take four for each, please.>” She said, ordering two batches on the assumption Calliope wouldn't be able to resist these either.

Hai
O0kZSw8.png

“<Very well. Do you want 'em plain, salted or with herbs?>” The shark asked.

“<With herbs, please.>” She'd state, then looking at Calliope. “<Trust me, the herb blends they use here are outstanding.>”

“<Although, if you don't mind my curiosity, what are folk like you doing all the way in the See?>”

1691915388926.png
East Central Bishri, the Matron's Henge

Mid Day
The gnome listened to Euthalia's question, his expression becoming more concerned as the thought that a mistake may have indeed been made began to creep into him. "Well, the first order was scheduled to come here, just like this one. But it was cancelled and the new order replaced it. So nothing else went anywhere. The two orders were completely identical. Well, except for the courier... The new one was delivered by someone named..." He glances at one of the sheets in front of him. "Restifaul Golddawn... Strange I'm unfamiliar with that name. I recognize most of the couriers, as we see them so often. Maybe he's new and that's how the mix up happened? Yes... Yes! That must be it!" He grabs a sheet of parchment and fills out a note similar to Islwyn's request, stamping the bottom with the seal of the Matron's Henge.

Calliope

short orange hair blue eyes cat girl fantasy adventure merchant potions plants s s-4237238166.png
Calliope wondered if getting used to it was the best option. But... she was already kind of used to it with some of the humans of Ryke. And she didn't want to make things harder for Euthalia. She pondered what she should do in the precarious social situation she found herself in.

The prominent smell of cooking eel and the sound of sizzling was enough to shove any worries aside, including the momentary shock of the sharkfolk chef. She nodded in agreement with Keone, trusting the Naga's judgement in the matter, and accepting the Herb Fried Eel. She smiled the cooks inquiry. "I'm actually here on vaca- I-I mean, for work, mmhhmm. Or... well, I was... mmhhmmm. I think it has become an extended stay on official business, mmhhmm." She looked to Keone, wondering if that sounded right to her.

Euthalia Apricot

ekSJs62.jpg[

Sylvari

She nodded. Now they had a name to chase down. She really hoped this was all just an accident and nothing nefarious, but she feared the latter option. “{Thank you once again, we'll be on our way then.}” She said, heading over to the East Storage Center with Islwyn in tow. The latter had already grabbed the note written for them. In an absolute worst case scenario, this Restifaul Golddawn had stolen Euthalia Heart's Seed, a though that made the Sylvan hurry even more, enough so for Islwyn to almost have to jog to keep up.

Market Outside of Bishri

Keone Nagendra
awldLOf.png

“<Yep, we're just slithering and walking around doing our things~>” She'd add, making Calliope's already unclear answer even more convoluted.

Hai
O0kZSw8.png

The shark woman just shrugged. “<Well, all I can say is that I'm already tired of business here. I can't wait to move on towards the West Empire. All this bureaucracy is giving me a headdace.>” She grumbled, before waving them off to make room in the line for the next customers.

Keone didn't seem to care much for more conversation, as she was already slithering off whilst taking a bite out of her eel. “<Hmmssss.... every bit as good as it smelled.>” She spoke, after an odd mixture of humming and hissing. “<Folk from the continental lake really know their fish. Come to think of it, didn't you say you went there once?>”

1692030368349.png
East Central Bishri, East Storage Center
Mid Day
With the buildings large size and the aid of a few church guards, it didn't take long for the two to find the official warehouse. It was surprisingly vertical for a location meant to store things, though the ground floor was still surprisingly large. A group of Brownies and Nixies move boxes into the building from a wagon that looked like it came from Widersia, while a Dullahan gave orders nearby, her head held under her arms. Seeing Euthalia and Islwyn approach, she turned to face them, holding her free hand in toward them. "{Sorry, but I can't let you pass, church associates only. Is there something I can help you with?}" Before Euthalia can answer, she begins to feel something in her chest, a strange thrumming sensation that seems to be beyond the physical.

Calliope
fantasy adventure merchant cat girl adult orange short hair blue eyes s-1509840636.png
Calliope nodded at the shark woman, then hurried to follow Keona as the Naga suddenly began to move. She waved to the Cook witha free hand, the other grasping the fried eel. "<Good luck! And thank you!>"

The smell of the eel was indeed calling to her as she walked just behind Keone. Taking a bite, she moved her free hand up to her cheek. "<Mmmmm... Oh my dreams, that is good! Herbs was definitely the right choice.>" She took another bite as Keone asked her question. "<Yes, I did. There is a rare ingrediant that can be found there. Pris- well, it doesn't matter, I won't bore you with the details, but the trip was quite fun! I made several friends, some of my first actually, and got to explore an amzing new place, though it was definitely nerve wracking. And to get down there I had to ride inside a giant fish. That was unpleasant.>" She shook uncomfortably.

Euthalia Apricot

ekSJs62.jpg[

Sylvari
Mentions: Dullahan StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal

As she continued on with the wild goose hunt for her heart (shouldn't Calliope be trying to win that one?), she made her way to East Storage Center. She'd expected it to be big, with Bishri being a trade city and all, but was still surprised by its size regardless. Expectations could only prepare you for so much and this was a part of the city she normally had no reason to visit. That said, being halted made her sigh. She started to fear more and more that this would be a long day.

Islwyn Meadhra
uSlu8FB.png

Luckily, Islwyn was able to jump in. “{Yes, please, dear, we could really use some help.}” She'd speak with some (Charm) again, smiling at the head in the Dullahan's arm. “{We've gotten this request from the Matron's Henge, regarding an order that might've been mixed up. It's rather important so we wish to check that...}”

“{It's here. I can feel it. It's here for sure.}” She spoke up, unable to stay silent regarding the thrumming sensation in her chest. A longing to find what used to be hers and have it returned suddenly growing strong enough to force her to politely wait, rather than try to rush towards where that feeling was leading her. It's a good thing she wasn't alone.

“{As you can see, it's very important to my friend. It's about her Heart's Seed, after all.}” She spoke, as she showed the Dullahan the note they'd been given by the gnome. Hopefully that'd be enough.

Market Outside of Bishri

Keone Nagendra
awldLOf.png

Enjoying her fish, she listened to Calliope. “<Wait... inside a fish? How in the world do you ride inside a fish?>” She asked, thoroughly puzzled. “<Oh, by the way, was there anything you needed here as well? I'd like to go look for some trinkets next, but it's not that important and I ehh... I ehh... may not even have much spending money left to begin with... sooooo....>” She spoke, as she realised she'd just spent some of her last spending money for the day on the eel.

1692252872736.png
Mid Day
The dullahan frowns and reaches for the paper with her free hand. "{A mix up? Not likely. It's not unheard of, but we have a high rate of success. Mistakes are extremely rare.}" She holds the paper over to her head and scans it. "{Fine, you may come with me to look and see if we can figure anything out.}" As Islwyn and the Dullahan speak, a worker calls out to cart nearby and it begins to move, pulling away from the facility. Euthalia suddenly begins to feel the thrumming diminish, growing more distant in pace with the cart.

Calliope
orange short hair cat girl blue eyes fantasy adventure merchant potions plants n s-3406525707.png
Languages: Common | <Beastial> | {Sylvan}
Calliope shuddered as she recalled the journey to Crustanton. "<It was awful. We entered through its... well, I guess it's mouth. It wasn't like a regular fish, it was like half fish half boat... Very strange and upsetting.>" It was not a pleasant experience to remember, though it had been how she met Phoebe and Victorique. "<Hmmmm? Oh, I was thinking about grabbing one of those cute rugs back there, but I'm still mulling it over. Oh, I think I still have some money from Euthalia and my trip, so I can spot you. You did buy my eel after all, it's no problem. And skies knows Euthalia has bought plenty for me already.>" She smiled at Keone warmly, glad to be having such a pleasant time with her.

Euthalia Apricot

ekSJs62.jpg[

Sylvari
Mentions: Dullahan StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal

She had to really resist sighing deeply when she heard, yet again, that a mix-up was impossible. She feared she'd keep hearing that until she finally had her heart back. Even so, she figured she'd take this as a test and remain patient and polite... Until she felt that feeling in her chest lesson, upon spotting a cart moving away. “{It's in there!}” She spoke, pointing at the cart. She spoke with the conviction of [To Lead and Inspire!], having no doubt in her mind. She also couldn't keep up the 'polite' act, as she ran up to the cart. “{Excuse me, please stop for a moment! You've gotten a wrong item loaded!}” She called out, hoping to stop it.

To Lead and Inspire! – Connect C (The See), Insight F, Leadership F, Persuasion F – character uses the love for their nation and their connection to it to inspire those around them to aid their cause. - Grade C – 4 Post Cooldown

Islwyn Meadhra
uSlu8FB.png

As soon as she saw Euthalia target the leaving cart, a smile crept upon her face. Time to make herself useful~ With a mighty [Jump-Dodge] she leaped through the area and onto the cart. “{I'm sorry dear, but I'm commandeering this vessel~ I'm sure you don't mind holding up for a bit, right?}” She'd speak with some [Charm].

Jump-Dodge – Jumping E, Acrobatics F – Character uses their jumping and acrobatics to jump away from danger - Grade E – 1 Post Cooldown
Charm – Seduction F, – Character attempts to charm others. - Grade F – 0 Post Cooldown

Market Outside of Bishri

Keone Nagendra
awldLOf.png

“<Yeah.... I'll pass on the fish-entering. The idea of slithering across a fishes' insides makes my skin crawl.>” It also sent a shiver down her spine. “<Oh, a rug? Ah, will it be for your new place in Refara's Sound?>” She nodded to herself. That's when she realised the other part of Calliope's statement. “<Ohhhh~ That would be nice... although.... Uhhhhhhgggg.... I fear Euthalia would lecture me about not leeching off of someone else's money and... how did she call it? Physical responsibility?>”

1692516222675.png
Mid Day
The Dulahan shouts in surprise as Euthalia suddenly moves. "{Hey, wait! You can't jus- Are you certain?}" She ran after the Sylvari, adding her cries for the cart to stop to Euthalia's. The driver ignored them and continued forward, starting to pick up pace, when Islwyn suddenly landed next to him. He stopped the cart out of surprise and looked nervous as the other two approached. "{Wh-what's the meaning of this? Do you have a reason for stopping me? I have deliveries to make, I've no time for this nonsense.}" As he raised his voice at the Sylvari and Dulahan, Islwyn would notice him slide something farther under his seat with his foot.

Calliope
short orange hair blue eyes cat girl fantasy adventure vestments s-528626495.png

Eauthalia laughed. "<Yes, it was rather unpleasant within the large... creature... A very strange experience over all.>" She nodded her head and glanced behind her over her shoulder toward the rug stall. "<Yes, it would be for my new place. While the buildingitself is rather beautiful, I have nothing to furnish it with. I've only ever had Mirabelle.>" Calliope stifled a laugh with her hand. "<Don't worry about it. Like I said, you covered my fish, so we'd be even. you're not leeching off of me, we're just friends having a good time shopping together.>" Calliope smiled warmly at Keone, hoping the woman would accept both her offer of repayment and her offer of friendship.

Islwyn Meadhra
uSlu8FB.png

“{Hey! I saw that!}” She called out, spotting the driver's foot. “{He's hiding something underneath the bench.}” She'd inform Euthalia and the Dulahan, unsure of how much more she could do without getting in trouble. She would, however, step in front of the cart. If he'd be stupid enough to try driving off, it'd only take a single jump to plant one of her hooves straight into his face.

Euthalia Apricot

ekSJs62.jpg[

Sylvari

It was becoming more and more clear that this was all deliberate. Someone was already trying to sabotage her. “{I don't know who you are or who ordered you to do this, but I demand you return my Heart's Seed right now, before we'll have to accuse you of theft.}” She stated with [To Lead and Inspire] backing her. Her voice was the angriest it'd been in a fairly long time.

To Lead and Inspire! – Connect E (The See), Insight F, Leadership F, Persuasion F – character uses the love for their nation and their connection to it to inspire those around them to aid their cause. - Grade F – 0 Post Cooldown

Market Outside of Bishri

Keone Nagendra
awldLOf.png

She nodded. No more words needed to be spend on the fish-travelling. The topic of home-decorating was more interesting. “<I haven't even really thought about that... Most places I've stayed in were already furnished. Like that house in Ryke was.>”

Calliope's offer made her form a smile. “<In that case, I can hardly say 'no', now can I?>” She returned the smile, a bit of a glint in her eye at the thought of getting a new trinket. Even so, she decided to show a tad bit of constraint. “<Although let's go check out that rug of yours first!>” She nodded. “<I think the merchant just about wrapped up with her previous customer.>” She said, pointing in the direction of the Elven merchant selling these rugs.

Elven Merchant
2Wwa3Uj.jpg

1692604781978.png
Mid Day
The driver, whose hood fell back to reveal a young half-elf, looked panic stricken as he stammered in protest, looking from Euthalia to Islwyn, now blocking the road. The dulahan approached the cart, a stern and angry look on her face. "{You heard her! Hand ov- Wait! I'm still in charge here! Hand what you're hiding over to me now so I can figure out what exactly is going on here!}" She thrusts her hand forward and the driver pales, then reluctantly reaches under the seat and hands a leather bag over to the dulahan. She rests her head on her shoulders for a only a moment to peer within the bag, then lets out a loud whistle. Severla church guards wander over and she points to the driver who is escorted into the building. She then turns to Islwyn and Euthalia. "{You two come as well. This is gonna delay today's schedule and I need to know exactly why.}" She leads them to asmall office where the half elf and guards are already waiting, offering them seats while she sits behind a large desk, resting her head on the center of it. "{So, you two first. What exactly is this thing and why did you interupt the work flow to get it back?}" She opens the bag and carefully sets a palm sized pulsing green bundle of vines and bulbs on the desk.

Calliope
fantasy adventure merchant cat girl adult orange short hair blue eyes s-271633423.png
Calliope smiled at the memory of the house in Ryke. "<That was actually a rather different experience for me. I've only ever stayed in Inns or at my family's house. More often than not, I sleep under the stars along side the roads.>"

Calliope looked toward the stall, and nodded to Keone. "<Alright, if you don't mind me taking a few moments.>" She approached the stall and glanced over the rugs, then turned to address the merchant. "They are very lovely, mmhhmm. I have never seen patterns or colors like these before, mmhhmm. Might I ask what material they are made from, hhhmmm? May I touch one, hhhmmm?" She held a hand out halfway, waiting for a response before she moved any further.

Euthalia Apricot

ekSJs62.jpg[

Sylvari

She was rather relieved to see the man stopped and apprehended. “{Of course ma'am.}” She replied, figuring it would be best to play along with the Dulahan. Truth be told, she did feel a bit annoyed when she was accused, but she held back. “{That would be my Heart's Seed. The organ that allows us, Sylvari and Dryads alike, to cast magic. It was meant to be restored to me soon, but it seems someone...}” she looked at the half-elf “{... send out this goon to interfere with that process.}” She took out the paperwork from the Hall of Church Affairs, prompting Islwyn to also bring out gnome's notes from Matron's Henge. “{As you can see, we have all the proper documentation to prove this, as well as the evidence that a false order had been placed to replace this, the original, with a fake version.}” She decided not to wast any more words on it. She'd stated her case. Besides, she could feel it. An inherent desire to be reunited with this. A longing she could barely contain. It was difficult to stay calm with such an emotion welling up inside of her. The chance to finally be made whole again was so close...

Market Outside of Bishri

Keone Nagendra
awldLOf.png

“<Oh! I slept outdoors as well from time to time! Or in a tent with Iswlyn. I even slept in a tree once, curled around a branch!>” She sounded rather proud after mentioning that last one.

Elven Merchant
2Wwa3Uj.jpg

“Some of these are from wool, some from fiber. All of them are from creatures and plants found exclusively in the See. You won't find a quality like this anywhere else in the world, I can assure you~” Her words sounded like a well practised sales pitch.

“You can touch, but if you break them you buy them~ Not that they break easily, they're Fae quality, after all! Was there any specific material, colour or design you were looking for? We have some that can serve as wall-decorations as well, or some that are made for in living rooms or bedrooms in particular.” She leaned forwards the whisper. “We even have a few that are soft and fluffy enough to replace a bed, for a romantic night in front of the fireplace with your significant other.” She pulled back with a wink. “So, what will it be?”

1692764047982.png
Mid Day
The dulahan holds the papers up to her face and examines, occasionally looking up as Euthalia spoke. She continued to view the documents for a moment after Euthalia finished, before finally setting them down. "I see... Hmmmmm..." She tapped her figers togather and thought for a moment. "It certainly does appear that someone interfered in the events." Her hand moved forward and turned her head to face the half elf, frowning. "So what's your explanation for this? Things don't look good for you right now, I'm afraid." He stands there nervously for a moment before hanging his head. "I-I can't..." The dulahan's expression remains the same. "Very well. This is a church matter, we shall we let the Inquisitors sort it out." The boy's face pales and he panics. "NO! No, I'll talk to you! I'll talk to you... I-I was ordered to do it. I didn't even know what it was, just given two numbers and told to bring one to the Matron's Henge and get rid of the other discreetly." He slumps in the guards' holds defeatedly. The dulahan looks unimpressed. "And who ordered it?" The boy gets nervous again. "I-I don't know..." The dulahan nods tot he guards who start to take the boy out, but he panics again. "It was... It was one of them! One of the Cardinals. I don't know who, I get my orders from my boss, but when I walked in, I heard him bragging to the others that we were taking jobs from Cardinals now." The dulahan thinks for a moment, then addresses the guards. "Take him to the nearest penal center for holding while I figure this out." They nod and escort the unresisting young man out of the room. The dulahan rotates her head to face Euthalia and Islwyn again. "I believe you are right about intentional interference, however I am merely in charge of holding and distribution. I do not assign orders or designations. I don't have the power to fix this. And if the Cardinals are involved, I don't want my name on any official form anywhere near this..." She looks at the Heart's Seed a moment. "Take it. A Cardinal ordered it be gotten rid of, and it is no longer in our system. Get it out of here and never let me know what you do with it. That is all, good day." She nods toward the door, dismissing the two.

Calliope
orange short hair blue eyes cat girl fantasy adventure  vestments s-1018298499.png

Calliope smiled at Keone's enthusiasm. It was heartwarming. "<While it does get lonely, if I'm being honest, there is something quite exciting and special about sleeping under the stars.>"

Calliope smirked internally at the showman ship of the merchant. It wasn't that different from her won, though this woman likely had lifetimes more experience than herself. But the message caught her attention. Wool from creatures native to the See? That sounded lovely. She wondered what See livestock looked like. The animals raised in Kuridan didn't seem that different from those in Ryke, maybe a little larger, wilder, and more aggressive. At the merchant's permission, she felt some of rugs, brushing her palm against hem lightly and spreading her fingers gently. It felt amazing. Calliope thought for a moment at the merchant's inquiry. "Hmmmm... Maybe something brightly colored, hhhmmm? And large too, I need it to cover a lot of floor, mmhhm. The rest I leave to you, mmhhmm. After all, the tradesman knows best, mmhhmm." She winked at the merchant, but suddenly went red as she whispered to Calliope. The cat girl quickly glanced to see if Keone had heard before responding, trying to control the smile now spreading across her face. "S-soft and fluffy is n-nice, mmhhmm. P-perrrhaps a few of those as well wouldn't be a bad idea, mmhhmm."

Euthalia Apricot

ekSJs62.jpg[

Sylvari

She'd silently listened to the entire exchange. The only part she didn't stay silent about, was when the Dulahan said it was not going to be any of her business. “{Do you really believe him? Not only is his information second-hand, he also has a motive to lie about this in the hopes of getting out of trouble by claiming he was working for someone of importance. I'd say both him lying and him being wrong are likely options.}” She disliked the idea that someone could throw the name of a cardinal around and have someone scare away from investigating it.

That said, she'd at least gotten what she came for. It's why she figured she might as well make those be her parting words. She didn't feel like staying polite and giving a better greeting after hearing such cowardly words from the Dulahan.

Once outside, she sighed. “{I really hope it was indeed a bluff. Having a Cardinal go up against me would not be ideal... although surely he can't still hold a grudge, right?}”

Islwyn Meadhra
uSlu8FB.png

“{I don't know.}” She had no idea what else to reply with. “{If you want my advise, I say we hurry back to Matron's Hedge and get your Heart's Seed back where it belongs as soon as possible~}”

She displayed a tad bit of a smile at those words. “{You're right, let's pick up the pace and get there as soon was we can.}” At the end of the day, she actually had it, right here, in her hands. Her Heart's Seed. All that was needed was to get it back into its rightful place and she'd be herself again... “{Do you think Calliope would even recognise me?}”

“{Of course she would!}” Islwyn stated, without a shred of doubt.

“{You sound rather sure of it.}” Euthalia replied, somewhat surprised.

“{It's because I am! You'll find out why~}” She stated with a wink, before mumbling. “{Eventually.}”

Market Outside of Bishri

Elven Merchant
2Wwa3Uj.jpg

“{Oh~ We've got some amazing ones, just like that!}” She spoke, as she showed Calliope to a bit further to the back of the store. (Feel free to add an image of your own if you settle or one, or to describe it or something.) There was a fairly wide variety of them.

At Calliope's reaction, the merchant chuckled. “{A few of them, even~ Oh my, it sounds like you have some amazing plans. How about I give you a modest discount for buying in bulk, in that case? I normally don't give discounts easily, but if it's for the sake of romance, I shall set aside my cold merchant heart!}” She smiled, showing a few smaller, yet even fluffier carpets.

Keone Nagendra
awldLOf.png

Luckily for them, Keone was distracted, staring at a wall-mounted tapestry with a plethora of intricate designs on it. It seemed to display some sort of ancient battle against a giant.

1692896530883.png
Mid Day
Euthalia and Islwyn hurried back to the Henge, making it in a rather short amount of time. As they entered the office, the gnome from earlier made his way over to the counter. "{G'day to ye. What business have ye with the Ma-? Oh! It's yah' two. I can' tell yah' anything else, I don' wan' no trouble.}" He eyes the two suspiciously.

Calliope
fantasy adventure merchant cat girl adult orange short hair blue eyes shop s-3337234496.png

Calliope glanced over the rugs on display before settling on one she found pleasing to the eyes. But she knew how the game was played. "Hmmmm... I'm not seeing anything that really jumps out at me, mmhhmm. This one is nice, but I may want to see if I don't find something to better suit my needs elsewhere, mmhhmm." But as the conversation shifted to the topic of 'soft and fluffy' Calliope went red again. "N-no plans, mmhhmm. N-not really, mmhhmm. And no rom-" The words stung... She wasn't sure why, but saying them physically hurt. But, they were true weren't they? Euthalia was just a friend... Why had Euthalia even been the one she thought of just then? "No romance, mmhhmm. Just, uh, sometimes the floor is nice to sleep on, mmhhmm." She kept her face calm, if not a small amount of disappointment visible in her eyes. "But, if you are still willing to offer that bulk discount, I suppose I could take two of these fluffy ones and the one I mentioned earlier, mmhhmm." She walked over to Keone for a moment. "<I'm about through here, just finishing up my transaction. What did you find? Oh, this ones interesting.>"

Last edited:
Euthalia Apricot

ekSJs62.jpg[

Sylvari

“{We won't trouble you for long. We've got the actual Heart's Seed back, after catching someone in the act of attempting to steal it. All we need is for you to sign off on it so that the books will look right again.}” She stated, showing the actual Heart's Seed and any paperwork (if any) that came with it to the gnome. She figured she'd rather do this 'by the book' to avoid being accused of stealing it herself. If it was true that a cardinal was evolved, she'd rather have a paper trail to prove her innocence. She wasn't planning on any pleasantries though, so once the papers were fixed, she'd hurry her way back to Gendra, who'd presumably be the one that was to guide them into the next stage of the reunification with her Heart's Seed.

Market Outside of Bishri

Elven Merchant
2Wwa3Uj.jpg

“Of course dear, I'll trust you'll be back in no time~” The merchant replied with a smile. She knew the game well enough to know when she wouldn't have to play it to begin with. The merchant chuckled at the comment of floors being nice to sleep on. “I doubt a floor can be, but these rugs sure are~” She replied, playing along with it for now. “Of course, I'll give you half off on the second fluffy one, in that case~”

Keone Nagendra
awldLOf.png

Keone perked up at being spoken too. “<I know, it's like a woven picture book!>” She said, sounding a bit excited. “<I'm surprised you can get so much detail into something by just using threads. That must've taken ages.>”

1693196155650.png
Mid Day
"{I... But... Fine! If you want reunified with that one, it's none of my business, just get it done with. There's nothing for me to change, just sign the papers saying you recieved your Heart's Seed and take the dang case with the number on it... But... What do I do with this one then...?}" He stares at it pondering as Euthalia fills out the sheet and starts to walk away. "{The circle is ready fer ya', just head out into the grove and they'll get ya' fixed up.}"

Outside the office, continuing through an archway, the grounds open up to a natural space. At it's center lies a clearing that contains a ring of large stones with glyphs carved into them that lies in a clear shallow pool. The edges of the clearing are encircled with tall ancient trees that blend into the foliage of the rest of the city. Standing among the stones is a small group of cloaked figures, all clad n earth tones aside from one who wears bright colors. As Euthalia and Islwyn approach, they can make out several Elves, a dwarf, a satyr, and the one clad in the vibrant robes, a Beastfolk Gazellekin. One of the elves steps forward as they approach. "{Greetings, child of the See. Welcome to the Matron's Henge. I am Zephirin, leader of the Circle here. You are here for your Heart's Seed reunification, yes? While the ritual is a fairly standard one with very little possibility of lasting harm, I must inform that it s a very painful and memorable experience that will likely leave you fatigued for several days. If you need, we have light accommodations here where you can rest and recover, or we can assist you to another location if you should prefer that. We are ready to begin at any time, is there anything you would like to ask me before hand?}" He smiles with his arms folded in front of him.

Calliope
short orange hair blue eyes cat ears tail fantasy adventure merchant potion adul s-2701183299.png

Calliope stood next to Keone as she examined the piece. "<Yes, it is very beautiful, and must have taken quite the skill to achieve. I wonder if this is some sort of folklore or history that it is retelling. I admit, I am not the most versedin historic events. The here and now demands plenty of my attention.>" She Keone a friendly smile and turned back tot he merchant as she finished preparing the transaction. She reached into the top half of her garments and produced a bag of Rykes. "So, what did the total come to, hhhmmm?"

Last edited:
Euthalia Apricot

ekSJs62.jpg[

Sylvari

Her business with the gnome was quickly dealt with. She debated keeping the other Heart's Seed for a bit, perhaps for evidence, buts he couldn't stand the thing. She'd much rather just get it out of her sight and leave it with the gnome. In the end, she just signed for her own and actual Heart's Seed and left the other one for the gnome to deal with.

She was a little intimidated when walking up to the circle. Last time she'd walked up to such a group, it was to get her Heart's Seed removed. She shivered, as she subconsciously slowed down a bit. Until she felt two hands in her back.

Islwyn Meadhra
uSlu8FB.png

“{Come on now, we're so close~ No time for cold feet!}”

Euthalia smiled a bit at the supportive comment, as Iswlyn was right. Now wasn't the time to get cold feet. She politely bowed towards those in the circle.

“{That is correct.}” She'd reply to Zepherin. She assumed they'd already know her name as well, if they knew her purpose here.

She took a very deep breath. “{I survived having it torn out of me. Whatever pain reunification might cause can't possibly be as bad as the loss was.}” She stated, having found a fair bit of conviction.

At being told she'd likely be fatigued, she glossed over at Iswlyn, who nodded. “{That'll be alright, I've brought someone to help me.}” She could trust her, as well as Keone and Calliope, so that would be fine.

She honestly wasn't sure. Did she have any questions? Actually, perhaps out of a perverse type of curiosity... “{Assuming someone were to have been given the Heart's Seed of another, rather than their own, what would occur to them?}” She wondered. What would her faith have been had she not noticed the Heart's Seed she'd been granted was 'wrong' like she had?

Market Outside of Bishri

Keone Nagendra
awldLOf.png

“<I don't know much about history either, but all the fanciest trinkets are from a while ago! Most of the current ones are just fancy baubles!>” She replied, speaking as if she was some sort of expert on it, even though she wasn't.

Elven Merchant
2Wwa3Uj.jpg

The Elven merchant smiled, suggesting a fairly moderate price for the rugs. It might be a tad bit more expensive than needed, but not to an outrageous degree.

Assuming Calliope would agree, she'd be able to buy the rugs with Keone offering to carry either the two smaller ones or the big one. As they were walking and slithering off, however, Keone suddenly brought up a rather different topic. “<Sooooo.... Are you and Euthalia official yet?>”

1693463418725.png
Mid Day
Zephirin merely nods at Euthalias first two responses, but thinks for a moment with a troubled look on his face. "{I am not completely certain, but from what I understand of the Heart's Seed's connection with its host, it would not be good. Personality changes, errant magic, possibly even loss of autonomy or self, and in the most extreme circumstances... death. But such frightening outcomes are not guaranteed. If the recipient was related to the original host, or bore a strong personal connection to them, it could have little to no effect, or perhaps even a positive one. Their are not many examples of such a thing happening to draw from, though we know the East Empire is not above such horrific experiments. But let us speak of gladder subjects. It is a joyous occasion to have your Heart's Seed returned. Please root yourself in the center of the stones and we shall begin.}" He smiled warmly at Euthalia and stepped aside, gesturing to the henge with his arm.

Once Euthalia was ready and rooted herself among the stones, the Circle of the Matron's Henge would begin the ritual. Taking up key places among the stones, they begin to chant and channel the forces of nature and the primordial spirits of the plane, the etchings on the stones surrounding them beginning to glow a deep green. Euthalia would feel the energy begin to course through her, pleasant and warm. She wasn't sure when, but at some point she realized she wasn't in the henge anymore. She was somewhere comfortable and welcoming.

Despite the Circle's kindness of soothing Euthalia for the procedure, she would still feel immense jolts of pain and burning anguish, particularly around her chest. Had she been conscious, the shock and trauma would have been tenfold. Islwyn, however, was not spare the sight of her friends chest being unfurled and hearing her cries of agony. As the Heart's Seed found its place within Euthalia, it began to pulse brighter, small vines extending from it to connect to Euthalia's greater system. The whole process took roughly an hour, but finally the beastkin in the bright robes broke from the group to go to Islwyn. "She should be fine, it seems like it was successful. She'll likely be out for a short while still and shouldn't move much for a few days. Rooting would be best for her, though she shouldn't stand unassisted until she is fully recovered. You may take her when ever you are ready." She smiled warmly at Islwyn before returning to the others to finish the ritual.

Calliope
short orange hair blue eyes cat ears girl fantasy adventure  pharaoh dress luxur s-3158391830.png
Languages: Common | <Beastkin>​

Calliope pondered Keone's words. She didn't know anything about trinkets or baubles, and Keone seemed quite taken by them, so the Naga must know what she's talking about. "<Interesting. I shall have to keep my open for older items when I am out and about Ryke then. There are quite a few long lineages in the village I grew up in, I wonder if they anything special stashed away.>"

Calliope beamed as they walked away from the stall. These new rugs would perfect in her new place. And the soft ones were really comfortable, it would be a fight not to sleep on those each night. As she pondered where in the building she would put the rugs, she almost missed Keone's question. "<Hmmm? Officially what?...>" She stopped dead in her tracks as the full weight of the question caught up to her, turning a bright shade of red. "<Hmmmmmmmmm?! Wh-what? Eu-Euthalia and I are j-just friends... Sh-she sees me...>" Try as she might she can't withhold her disappointment this time as she sighs heavily and her ears fold down. "<... she sees me the same as you and Islwyn... Th-that's rather vain of me to say... you two are her best friends, you've been with her through so much... I'm not even as close as you two...>" She smiles slightly and perks up a little bit. "<S-sorry, I'm not trying to hold a pity party. I'm very happy to be friends with all you. Very happy we all met. And I fully intend on being as good a friend to you all as you are to each other. But, just that... just being able to stand by her side is plenty... Perhaps you are familiar with the old Kuridan saying? "Every bird has their branch." My branch is toward the base of the tree. Euthalia's is much higher than mine.>"

Euthalia Apricot

ekSJs62.jpg[

Sylvari

She shivered upon hearing the possible impact of taking in the wrong Heart's Seed. That was not just an attempt at theft, that had been an attempt on her life. Considering what the other Heart's Seed had looked like... it might as well have been designed to kill or fundamentally change her. It's a good thing she'd gotten her own one back. To think someone had sunk to the level of the East Empire to get to her. It was rather unnerving.

Rooting with an audience was rather awkward. Like being asked to go to bed with people standing in a circle around your bed, staring at you and expecting you to just 'fall asleep'. Luckily, she managed to do so, but she felt awkward all the way through. That awkwardness was soon exchange by an odd mixture of a pleasant and warm feeling mixed with immense burning pain and anguish.

Islwyn Meadhra
uSlu8FB.png

She hadn't seen Euthalia's Heart's Seed being taken, so she had no idea what to expect. This was definitely not it. It was an absolutely brutal sight and, if she didn't know it was needed, she'd have done what she could to stop this. Now, however, all she could do was bear through it, as she could only imagine what Euthalia was going through.

She nodded at the beastkin, not really having much words to say. Instead, she'd head over to support Euthalia, who was barely conscious enough to stand and walk, leaning on her heavily. “{Come on girl, let's get you to a nice root-and-resting post~}” She'd mumble, as she'd drag Euthalia out with merely a nod to the circle.

Market Outside of Bishri

Keone Nagendra
awldLOf.png

She'd look proud at being complimented for knowing her trinkets (even though she didn't) when Calliope complimented her. They should probably never travel to a shady antiques store together, as their wallets would suffer.

It took her a while to realise Keone had stopped walking, slithering back around to look at what kept her. She was a bit surprised when Calliope seemed to break down just like that, just as much as the words themselves surprised. The 'I should not have asked that' sentiment was heavy in her mind, but that was hindsight. “<It'ssssss>” she hissed it out, trying to come up with what to say. “<I'm not sure, but you're the first she's kept close for his long, after her Heart's Seed was taken, other than us. Besides, you'd have to ask Iswlyn to confirm it, but I don't think the way she looks at you and at us is the same.>”

Why had she even started on this topic? This was horrible. “<I... ugh. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have started about this.>” She hissed again, to herself, then sighed. “<Thisss is just between us, okay, but I'm a bit worried. >” She hesitated for a second more, then opened up. “<Euthalia was a fair bit more flirty and all that, before she got her Heart's Seed taken. She told you why it was, taken, right? Taken the wrong girl for a fling. Thing is, that was one of many. She wasn't a bad person, but I bet she'd broke more hearts than she might think. It just makes me wonder how much of that will return when she gets her Heart's Seed back, or if what happened will make her stay more reserved, like now. I'm sure she cares about you, both before and after, I just thought, well... if you two were official already, perhaps... I don't know...>” What did she think? She couldn't word it.

Another sigh. “<This is why Iswlyn should handle this stuff. Anyhow! I don't like that saying! I'd say Euthalia's a tree and I'm sure she's got enough branches for all the birds and that you're right there at the top of the crown!>” That symbology went nowhere and everywhere, but perhaps it ended up conveying what she wanted to convey? Either way, she had no clue what else to add to it. Actually, no, she did. “<Although the one thing I'm sure off is that you're already one of my bests friends!>” Probably not the best closer, but that was one of the few things she could at least say with certainty.

Calliope
short orange hair blue eyes cat ears tail fantasy adventure merchant plants adul s-1209569905.png
Calliope wiped her eye and smiled at Keone, grateful for her words about Euthalia. "<I won't give up. Like I said, I want to become closer friends with you all, so I'll be close by anyway. I'd be a coward not to at least try.>" She thought the the conversation was over and was about to suggest moving on, when Keone dropped her final words on her. She teared up again and threw her arms around Keone tightly. "<You're one of my best friends, too, Keone! And n-not just because I only have a few friends. I had a lot of fun with you today, I really like spending time with you.>" She released Keone and wiped her eyes again. "<S-sorry, I'm making a scene. Thank you Keone, for talking to me. I guess I had a lot stuck in my mind. Let's check out some trinkets and then it should be about time to meet back up with the others.>" She started to move further into the market waiting for Keon to catch up.

Calliope burst into the inn room and looked around in a panic, tossing the rugs she had purchased onto the floor off to the side. "<Where is she?! We went back to the place we left you before and a beast woman told us what happened. Is she okay? I-I think I have a potio->" She suddenly remembered Mirabelle was outside the city, with all her potion making equipment. "<Is she okay, Islwyn? I might be able to make her something to help her if I can get to my cart and maybe find some ingredients in the shops.>" Worry was sat obvious on her face.

Keone Nagendra
awldLOf.png

Keone, resiting the urge to curl around Calliope upon being hugged, just smiled. “<No problem~ I'm having a lot of fun as well!>” She ended up replying, before going on a trinket hunt with the cat for a bit.

Islwyn Meadhra
uSlu8FB.png

She was almost shocked by the amount of worry and rush that Calliope entered the room with. Sadly enough, however, she couldn't understand much of what Calliope was saying. Then again, the tone and circumstances made it fairly easy to guess. “Please, dear, calm down. Euthalia's alright. She'll just need to rest for a while, so we were debating on where to go find a good rooting spot to stay for a few days and how to get there. The capital isn't great for those, but Euthalia isn't really in a condition to travel far either, as she's rather worn-out.”

As for the plant herself, she'd be found in the inn's backyard, soaking up sunlight whilst rooting. Not an ideal spot, but she didn't have a better option available at the moment.

Calliope
Short orange hair cat girl blue eyes fantasy adventure merchant groggy s-2980435309.png

She let out a relieved sigh at the confirmation that Euthalia was okay. "S-sorry Islwyn, mmhhmm. I-I'm calm, mmhhmm. A place to stay, hhhmmm?" Calliope thinks for a moment, pacing in the room before stopping and holding up her hand. "Oh! I-I think I know somewhere, mmhhmm...." She turned a little red. "I-It wasn't intentional, but after Faeremeadow and Refara's Sound, when she had trouble finding good spots, I started looking at places through that lens, mmhhmm. Just, sometimes when I saw a place, her words would go through my head, mmhhmm. 'Near a river bank, fertile clay, used farmland, maintained garden', mmhhmm. Th-there was an old barn in the small settlement on the outskirts of the capital, where I brought Mirrabelle, mmhhmm. It was next to a large stream and there were many tall and old trees around the area, but the sunlight still made it through, mmhhmm. The ground was covered in leaves that could act as mulch, mmhhmm. We would just need permission to stay in the barn, mmhhmm. It looked old, like no one was using it, we could probably pay a handful of rykes to stay, if the owner isn't too far, mmhhmm." She looked to the others for a sign of what they thought of the idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back