• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Bishri City] Sowing the Seed of Love

StarPrincessVal

Princess of the Stars
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
This is a Roleplay set in the Isekai Hell universe. It takes place in the norther reaches of the See, in the holy capitol of the country and its first founded city, Bishri. It will follow Euthalia, a besmirched official seeking redemption, and Calliope, a Neko from a small village looking to make a place for herself in the wider world, as they navigate the city and its politics. This is a closed RP. We are not taking on any more characters without my approval. Anyone who enjoys this RP and would like to learn more about the Isekai Hell universe is encouraged to follow the links. <3

1689447090612.png
Southern Edge of Bishri, the Airship Port and Customs
Early Morning
The air was cool and thick with a fog that rolled in from the Continental Lake, obscuring the towering trees and the ornate structures built in and around them. Magical lanterns pierced the fog like miniature lighthouses, informing others of where the buildings lay in the mist. The cobblestone street was fairly empty with only those arriving and departing being out this early, aside from three figures speaking with a customs agent. The Naga woman seemed rather upset, as the others tried to keep her calm while still demanding answers of their own. The sound of airships docking and ascending echoed through the grey cast morning, the loud warning bells crashing amongst the din. Suddenly the Satyr points and gets the others attention as a Neko hurries toward them from the customs gate...

Last edited:
Calliope
1689464452688.png
Mentions: Elvario Elvario
Languages: Common | <Beastfolk>

"<I'm here! I'm here! I'm so sorry!>" Calliope shouted to the others as she ran barefoot toward them. She wore a much nicer, more formal dress than her usual Beastfolk merchants garb. When she reached them, she paused to take a breath. "<I'm so sorry! I arrived last nigh->" She saw Islwyn and realized she was still speaking Beastial, still in the mindset of her and Euthalia's vacation... business trip! She flushed at the intrusive thought and quickly brushed it away. Now wasn't the time to think about that. "Sorry, Islwyn, mmhhmm. As I was saying, I got to the city last night, but they wouldn't let Mirabelle in, mmhhmm. I was so stupid for bringing her, why did I not just leave her in Refara's Sound, hhhmmm? But after I found her a place to stay outside the city, they still would not let me in, mmhhmm. They said I was 'unclean' and made me go through a purification ritual, mmhhmm! They held me all night in a tiny room until I was 'sufficiently clean', mmhhmm!" Calliope's face was fuming and she seemed on the verge of tears, but she regained her composure. "I am so sorry for any trouble or worry I have caused you, mmhhmm." She smiled at the Naga and Satyr, bowing her head slightly. "It is a pleasure to see you both again, mmhhmm." She smiled widely at Euthalia. "And you as well, mmhhmm. I mean... I-I know it's only been a few days, mmhhmm! I just... i-it's nice to see you, mmhhmm..." She turned a shade of red and covered her face embarrassed for a moment, before collecting herself.

Euthalia Apricot

ekSJs62.jpg[

Sylvari
Mentions: Calliope StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal
Languages: Common | {Sylvan} | <Beastial>

Truthfully, she was glad when Calliope actually arrived. At this rate, she was wondering if the cat would ever make it to begin with. Her worry vanished upon seeing the cat arrive, as she instantly noticed how surprisingly well Calliope was able to pull off formal wear. She looked regal and fancy in it, as if it was a natural fit. That said, when Calliope began to furiously apologise, she felt a pang of guilt. “Ah no, that is my fault as well. I should've warned you. About the horse and the purification. It's just... things like that are so normal to us that I tend to forget it's not normal to outsiders.” She ended up replying. “Although, yes, I'm really glad you made it there.” She spoke, after Calliope's last few words.

Islwyn Meadhra
uSlu8FB.png

“CAAAALLLLIIIII!!!!” Islwyn called out upon spotting Calliope heading towards them. She'd jump at Calliope to give her a good 'ol hug, especially when the latter seemed to start to get teary-eyed. “There, there, dear, it's all alright~ We're just glad you're here~”

Keone Nagendra
awldLOf.png

She slithered up to Calliope as well, resisting the urge to start coiling. “Yesss, the purification is annoying. I could barely even fit in that room and had to curl around my own tail! It wasss horrible!” She complained at Calliope's mention. “And then they kept going on about how I wasn't allowed to wear shoes, like they didn't even have eyeballs in their sockets! How would I wear a shoe to begin with!” She pointed at her tail. “Anyhow, welcome back~”

Calliope
1689533543305.png
Languages: Common | <Beastial>​

Calliope returns the hug to Islwyn and reaches to include Keone. She was glad to see them. It was strange, she had only known them a short while, only spending time with them during their guild job, but she felt comfortable and happy around them. As if they had been friends for a long time. "Thank you, mmhhmm. I'm happy to be here, mmhhmm."

She smiled and took Euthalia's hand, squeezing it gently. "It's alright, mmhhmm. We both had a bit on our minds, a lot was dropped on us suddenly, mmhhmm." She released Euthalia's hand and straightened her clothing. "Have you spoken with the contact yet, hhhmmm? That's the first thing we need to do, right?" As she finished speaking, her stomach growled loudly. She turned slightly red and sighed in frustration. "S-sorry, mmhhmm. I haven't eaten since before the 'ritual', mmhhmm. But don't worry about me, I'll find something after we've got your business sorted, mmhhmm."
She was anxious for Euthalia, but excited to see the city all at the same time, reminding herself this was not like their trip to Refara's Sound.

Islwyn Meadhra
uSlu8FB.png

Islwyn, being her usual self, was happy to feel her hug returned. “Oh, now I really wish we were here for pleasure~ There's a really cool hang-out spot I'd love to show you! By the way, that dress looks amazing on you, so formal and elegant~” She dared say what Euthalia had only thought.

Keone Nagendra
awldLOf.png

Keone, on the other hand, was pleasantly surprised to be included. It seemed like Calliope had gotten more over her snake-fears. “Don't be tricked by her, the spots she'll take you to make most foreigners wonder how this city can still be considered the holy capital.” She'd give a warning.

“Oh, don't be a spoilsport, if we'd go early, like just past midnight, things should still be tame enough~”

Euthalia Apricot

ekSJs62.jpg[

Sylvari

Euthalia sighed. “Business first. Besides, I've just got my reputation cleared well enough to get my Heart's Seed restored. I'd rather not risk nosediving it immediately.”

She was pleasantly surprised when Calliope took her hand. “I haven't spoken with them yet, we should still have a bit of time.” She replied, although she was overshadowed by a loud growling.

“Aha!” Islwyn called out. “This calls out for...” She spoke, rummaging through her backpack to take out some [rations] consisting of mixtures of cubed dried fruits in all sorts of colours. “... Islywns special dried fruit blend~ Able to quickly fruit up any dish or work as a stand-alone snack!”

“Hah, as if!” Keone interrupted, rummaging through her own backpack as well. “Here, this is what she'll want as a fellow meat-eater! I've got lamb, beef, pork and even chicken!” She held out various strips of jerky.

It looked like Calliope didn't have to keep her stomach growling for long.

“Right, I hope that'll be good enough for now. I'll accompany you to get a proper meal afterwards.” She promised Calliope, feeling a bit bad about having to put the cat on rations, but also wanting to get this whole thing over with. Besides, she was rather nervous to meet this 'handler' she was supposed to be assigned to. What type of person would that be? She feared for the worst.

Last edited:
Calliope
1689656506876.png
Languages: Common | <Beastial>
Calliope stared at the assortment of dried foods laid out before her. She glanced at Keone and Islwyn to make sure it was alright for her to take them before grabbing what she wanted. She picked a small variety of fruit cubes from Islwyn, mostly going off color as she was unsure what they were, and several pieces of jerky from Keone, targeting the chicken and lamb. "Thank you both so much, mmhhmm. You just keep these with you at all times, hhhmmm? i usually only bring enough to last me between towns, with a little wiggle room for emergencies, mmhhmm." She turned back to Euthalia, smiling and popping a few cubes of fruit in her mouth. "This is more than adequate, mmhhmm. Now let's deal with the matter at hand, mmhhmm."

1689663039226.png
South Central Bishri, Hall of Church Affairs
Morning
The sun had finally risen and started to drive back the fog as it shone down through the canopy above, giving the marble and chalcedony stonework a green hue. This section of the city boasted some of the finer dwarven architecture, built around the lush dense forest that made up most of the country, even designed to allow its growth throughout the structure. The street that wound its way here led the quartet to the massive multi purpose structure in which several church and city services were housed. Each office bore a large sign in the dwarvish dialect of Sylvan, the letters slightly sharper and thicker then it's counterparts, announcing the name of the executive within.

Islwyn Meadhra
uSlu8FB.png

The fruits Calliope had taken were a variety of all sorts of things. Mango, apple, pineapple, raisins and a few more that were likely native the See. All of them fairly sweet and surprisingly nutritious. Iswlyn giggled at the question if they always brought rations. “Well, when the friend you're travelling with can just point at a spot of soil and call it dinner for the night, you've got to be prepared to have your own~”

Euthalia Apricot

ekSJs62.jpg[

Sylvari

“It's the opposite in towns though.” She replied in defence. “I've got to carry a small bag of nutrients just in case we're in a place where the soil's already mostly depleted or never had much to offer to begin with.”

Keone Nagendra
awldLOf.png

As the group was moving into the Dwarven place, Keone was the first to comment. “I never liked dwarves all that much. They're small, so you'd think they're cute, but they're consistently not cute.” She muttered, to nobody in particular.

Calliope
fantasy adventure merchant cat girl adult orange short hair blue eyes s-271633423.png
Languages: Common | <Beastial>
Calliope stares at the buildings as they walk, this much growth in a city quite a new sight for her. She couldn't make out any of the words on the signs, though she knew they were Sylvan from their similarity to the letter she had received in Refara's Sound. Keone's comment informed her of what she was missing. "Oh, dwarves, hhhmmm? I have only ever had dealings with a handful, mostly in Ryken, mmhhmm. Several were regular customers who purrrchased Potions of Night Vision from me on the regular, mmhhmm. They were very friendly, mmhhmm. Though, I suppose I wouldn't use the word 'cute' to describe them, mmhhmm."

1690010241792.png
South Central Bishri, Hall of Church Affairs
Morning
Around the side of the building, just barely visible to those passing by, the sign for the Clerk's Office jutted from above a door. It bore the same seal on the sign as the wax that had sealed Euthalia's letter.

Keone Nagendra
awldLOf.png

“Exactly!” She confirmed with Calliope. “You'd expect small things to be cute, like halflings, but Dwarves just aren't.” Still, she was a bit surprised. “You must've served some poor bastards, in that case, as I always thought most Dwarves had Darkvision or Night Vision by nature. Then again, I can't say I know much about them~”

Islwyn Meadhra
uSlu8FB.png

“All I know is that they're great drinking companions~ I normally like my booze a tad bit sweeter than their ales, but I recall a Dwarven delegation coming to a Satyr village... The amount of booze that was flowing that night was legendary~” Her eyes twinkled in delight, thinking back upon the night of unconstrained drinking. “Now I really want to start challenging Dwarves to drinking contests again, that was great fun~”

Euthalia Apricot

ekSJs62.jpg[

Sylvari

“Later, perhaps.” She interrupted. Although the temporary distraction was welcome, they had a rather serious job to do here. She stood still in front of the door for a moment, taking in deep carbon-dioxide filled breaths. “Well then, here goes nothing.” She muttered, stepping in and looking around to see where or with whom she'd have to report.

Calliope
fantasy adventure merchant cat girl adult orange short hair blue eyes s-3584377441.png
Languages: Common | <Beastial>​

Calliope pondered Keone's comment. "I am not really sure either, mmhhmm. They bought them in bulk though, every couple weeks, mmhhmm. I wonder if they owned a mine, mmhhmm."

Calliope listened to islwyn speak, smiling at how enthusiastic the Satyr was about the topic. "That sounds fun, mmhhmm. I am fond of the taste of drink myself, mmhhmm. Though, as you said, I tend to like the sweeter ones like mead, mmhhmm." She gave Islwyn a look that was a cross between surprise and admiration as she enthusiastically considered challenging the dwarves.

Her attention was brought back as Euthalia spoke. It seemed she had found her destination. Calliope wasn't sure what she should say or do to support the Sylvari, so she simply smiled and said "It will be fine, mmhhmm. We're all behind you, mmhhmm."

1690567263194.png
Clerk's Office, Hall of Church Affairs
Morning
The interior was rather pleasant and organized compared to the appearance of the city just beyond its door. It still incorporated plants through out, but in a much more maintained and managed way. A desk with a stool at its base sits near the middle of the room, which is currently vacant. A large rainbow feathered bird sitting near the door screeches upon the groups entry, flapping it's wings blustrously. "{One moment!}" The voice came from a nearby room, and a moment later, a halfling stepped through another door and approached the group. "{May the church bless you on this fine day, how can I help you?}"

Euthalia Apricot

ekSJs62.jpg[

Sylvari

She'd gotten a bit nervous, as she was looking around the place. It didn't seem as big as she'd expected, but it looked all the more luxurious and impressive. To that extend, the room fitted someone fancy. The bird really wrapped up that picture of fanciness. At least someone approached them quickly, as she looked down upon the halfling who greeted them. “{Ehm... Right, I'm here after having received word from Korin Highleaf about the possible restoration of my Heart's Seed. I was told to come here to be assigned a handler and receive further instruction.}” She stammered a bit at first, but managed to get the sentence out well enough.

Islwyn Meadhra
uSlu8FB.png

As they were talking, Islwyn leaned over and a bit into Calliope, whispering to translate. “So far, she's just telling him about the letter she'd been sent. Nothing too interesting.”

Keone Nagendra
awldLOf.png

Keone, meanwhile, was eyeing the room. There seemed to be a lot of fancy stuff here. Shiny stuff. That said, she knew better than to even consider getting her hands on it... Even so, that didn't mean she couldn't look, right? She slithered around a bit, checking out some of the fancy stuff placed around the room. Books, statues, fancy chairs. Also the fancy bird, of which she wondered if it wsa tame enough to approach a bit. “<Who's a good bird~>”

Calliope
orange short hair cat girl blue eyes fantasy adventure merchant potions plants n s-3406525707.png
Languages: Common | <Beastial> | {Sylvan}​

Calliope stared around the room. Aside from Lady Shaylan's manor, this was the fanciest place she'd ever been in. She jumped back in surprise as the bird squawked at them, laughing nervously. She was glad Euthalia had wanted her here, but she didn't want to screw anything up for her. She was reminded of Victorique, one of her first friends, as the halfling entered the room. And then they started speaking Sylvan. She really needed to pick it up already. Or maybe brew a potion, so she could communicate when necessary. She noded at Islwyn's translations. "Ah, I see, mmhhmm. Thank you, mmhhmm. For letting me know, mmhhmm." Keone's voice made her head turn to see the Naga woman interacting with the bird. Calliope smiled and turned back to face the discussion ongoing.

Tyvid Johaness

1690663716887.png
The halfling walked to the desk in the center of the room and flipped through some pages of a massive book. "{Right, right. I remember that one. I'll need to see the letter, just to verify.}" He holds a hand out toward Euthalia and runs his other down the columns on the page, searching for something. Once he finds it, he looks up, noticing Keone. "She's fine to touch, if you want, but be warned. She nips. There's a bag of seeds in the drawer under her, she'll gladly accept them from you."
1690664219789.png

Last edited:
Euthalia Apricot

ekSJs62.jpg[

Sylvari
Mentions: Calliope/Tyvid StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal

She nodded, as she took out the letter. Her sap-stream almost halted when she thought she'd accidentally handed him over Hajira's letter for a second, one of the last things she'd want him to read, but she recognised the correct handwriting short after. It'd indeed been Highleaf's one, as relief washed over her. That'd have been a bad start. “{There you go sir.}”

Keone Nagendra
awldLOf.png

Keone wasn't afraid of any nibblers! She accepted the challenge, pulling open the drawer (now that she was legally allow to do so) and checking for the promised seeds. She'd hold up a few for the bird to eat. “<There you go~>” She'd call out to Calliope. “<Do you have birds with feathers this fancy in Kuridan as well?>”

Islwyn Meadhra
uSlu8FB.png

Meanwhile, Islwyn had also started to look around the room, as her eyes were glossing over the many books in there. She wasn't looking for anything in particular, but she did wonder if there were any books on art or music. Some of her few interests outside of drinking and partying.

Calliope
Short orange hair cat girl blue eyes fantasy adventure merchant groggy s-2980435309.png

Calliope's self consciousness was hitting an all time high as she stood there. Was she presentable enough? Was simply standing there doing enough for Euthalia? Should she have greeted the halfling when he entered? Keone and Islwyn seemed to have no such concerns, so she tried to follow their lead. The man seemed friendly enough, different from her experiences in Refara's Sound, maybe she didn't need to be so nervous here. She took a small quiet breath and steadied herself, amazed at how far she had come to be standing in a church office in Bishri. She was on the right path. Keone calling her name snapped her back and she walked over to the Naga. "I am honestly unsure, mmhhmm. There are brightly colored birds, but most are a single color, mmhhmm. They do have peacocks though, mmhhmm. While it's true that my town was technically in Kuridan, we were very near the Ryke border and had more in common with Ryke towns, mmhhmm. I have never been to Kuridan prrroper, mmhhhmm. Have you never been either, hhhmmm?"

Tyvid Johaness

1690791512907.png
He gripped the letter with a smile and unfolded it, checking back from the parchment to the book. Finally he takes a brush from the desk drawer, dips it in a vial of liquid and runs it over the bottom of Euthalia's letter. As it passes, small runes are revealed in it's wake. "{Alright, everything looks good. Your handler is Gendra Hollylocke. She's actually in this building, just on the other side. Second floor. Just present her with that same letter, and she'll inform you of what's next.}" He held out the letter to Euthalia once more. "{That number on the bottom is your case number. It'll be how you're tracked in the system. Gendra will have you're personal information, but anyone else you talk to will only know you by that number, for your privacy.}" He looks past Euthalia at Keone and Calliope, then speaks loudly in Halfling. "Pierro, fevlay morcaci." The bird steps in place a few times and flaps it wings, then it bows its head low at Keone and Calliope several times. He smiles widely at the four of them. "Have a wonderful day, ladies."

Euthalia Apricot

ekSJs62.jpg[

Sylvari
Mentions: Calliope/Tyvid StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal

Euthalia watched in silence, and nerves, as the halfling proceeded to do the formal things. After having things confirmed, she heard what was hopefully not the start of a bureaucratic process of being send from one person to the next for the entire day. Hopefully this was as easy as it'd sound and this Gendra Hollylocke was going to be non-problematic. The name sounded oddly Human though, which made her even more nervous than she'd been prior. Though, surely, a Human would never make it to any high place in their church, so perhaps the name was just a halfling one as well? Halflings tended to have Human-sounding names, right? Yeah. Probably just another halfling.

“{Thank you, sir.}” She'd reply politely, as she got the letter back and read the number. She was surprised this was all handled in numbers, which was rather ironic, considering her whole punishment had been rather public. She doubted she had much privacy left to breach, depending on what this process was going to be like. Wait... what was it going to be like? She was growing cold feet again, so she figred she'd best start walking now, before she'd forget how to do so. “{Well then, thank you again, I'll be off.}” She'd state with a short bow, before abruptly heading to the indicated room.

Keone Nagendra
awldLOf.png

She shook her head. “<I escaped straight into The See after getting out of the East Empire. All I know about Kuridan is from stories that others have told me.>” She'd explain, leaving it at that. She'd rather focus on the bird than on where she was from. Besides, that bird was cooler than expected, going as far as to bow to them. “You too.” She'd reply to the halfling, albeit whilst still looking at the bird.

Islwyn Meadhra
uSlu8FB.png

“Same to you cutie~” She'd reply to the halfling out of nowhere, being a little too comfortable, perhaps. That didn't stop her from talking to Euthalia short after they'd left the room. “Relax, it's gonna be fine. Right, Cali?”

Calliope
1690860821091.png
Languages: common | <Beastial> | {Sylvan}

Calliope listened to Keone, slightly saddened. It was true she had hardly seen any of Kuridan herself, but she couldn't help but wonder if Keone felt she was missing out. "<Maybe we could all visit together one day. I'd love to show you my home town at least. It's very cozy and welcoming, lot's of local craftsman and artisans.>" She smiled at Keone, when suddenly the bird began to bow to them. Calliope was pleasantly surprised, but somehow felt even the bird bowing to her was to much respect. As they started to walk out, she turned to wave to the halfling, when Islwyn's farewell made her pause. How could someone be that foreward? She would never be able to say anything like that to Eutha-... The very notion of thinking of Euthalia that way made her blush and she hung her head to walk out, missing the halflings smirk and upnod at Islwyn.

Calliope followed Euthalia, assuming the sylvari knew where she was headed. She smiled at Islwyn's question and nodded her head. "Of course, mmhhmm. That seemed like it went well, mmhhmm." They came to a heavy wooden door and pulled it open stepping inside.

Gendra Hollylocke
1690868796268.png
A woman sat in an armchair facing them as they entered, though she tugged the front of her hood down. "{Welcome. Do come in and shut the door, please.}" Calliope waited for the others to enter before closing the door behind them, not realizing she was fulfilling the woman's request. The interior was much darker inside than either the outdoors or the last office they were in. It was lit by only a few well placed candles and some glowing crystals that hung from the ceiling in a sort of 'chandelier'. The air was heavy with incense, very ashy earthen smelling smoke visibly wafting around. The woman released her hood allowing it rise up slightly and took a sip from a clay cup before setting it down on a table made of a massive stone. She looked toward the group, but she did not smile and her voice remained stoic. "{Ah, a sylvari. I am fairly certain I know who you are, but I can not say anything until I see your case number.}" Her voice was much deeper than Euthalia's and held an accent of some kind.

Last edited:
Euthalia Apricot

ekSJs62.jpg[

Sylvari
Mentions: Calliope/Gendra StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal

Euthalia was glad to hear both Calliope and Islwyn confirm things had gone well thus far, as it certainly felt like she'd been walking on eggshells. Another good sign was that her handler clearly wasn't Human, she just had a human-ish name. Good. That should make this a whole lot easier.

Even so, try as she might, Euthalia didn't like this place one bit. It was dark, with little light to gain energy from. It also smelled like burning plants, incense perhaps, which just reminded her of getting burn-wounds. Finally, it all felt rather cold and 'stone-like' somehow. There was little more frustrating than trying to root in rocky soil. All in all, she was not a fan. Still, she had a task to get done here.

She slowly paced forwards, presenting the letter and its case number. “{Here you go madam.}” She tried to figure out this woman's species as she handed over the letter. The lack of wanting light might suggest Lune Elf, but Euthalia doubted it. She seemed more stone-like and ancient. Gargoyle? Potentially.

Keone Nagendra
awldLOf.png

“<I'm not that eager to go to Kuridan in particular, as I've got no ties to the place... but visiting your home-town might be nice~ I'd like to meet your siblings.>”

Islwyn Meadhra
uSlu8FB.png

Islwyn would've probably jumped in that conversation with enthusiasm, were she to speak Beastial, but alas, she wasn't in-the-know with the plans of meeting the little Calliope's. Instead, she was attentively sniffing the air. “Smells nice. Earthy and herby.” She concluded.

Keone, having a sharper nose, (Heightened Sense Smell F) didn't' entirely agree. “It's a bit overwhelming.” She replied, speaking at a hushed tone as to not be (too) rude.

Gendra Hollylocke
1690966396270.png
Languages: Common | <Beastial> | {Sylvan}

The woman looked over the form quickly, her eyes darting from one piece of pertinent information to the next as though she had seen these letters many times. She held it back out to Euthalia, setting her cup down and rising to her feet as she made her way to large trunk. "{Welcome, Euthalia Apricot. As you already have been informed, I am Gendra Hollylocke, First Daughter of Collette's Pass, and I shall be your case handler until such a time as the church deems my oversight unnecessary.}" She opens the trunk and pulls out a thin leather portfolio, flipping it open and glancing at a few pages as she returns to her chair. "{Please, take a seat.}" She gestures to a settee on the other side of the coffee table, without taking her eyes from the papers. "{Your case intrigued me when it was brought to me. A rather high sentence for such a seemingly miniscule crime, until you account for the Cardinals involvement. But I am not a judicator. What intrigued me more, however, was the rather sudden and quick nature of the sentences reversal.}" She flicks her gaze up to Euthalia. "{Usually these things can take months of review. Yours was done in a day. And typically it is up to me to determine when the pardon is granted, ensuring you are sufficiently penitent before absolving you. But the order to return your Heart's Seed has already been given. I am not a fan of...}" Her eyes move to Keone and Calliope before returning to Euthalia. "{deviation, but again, I am not a judicator. So long as the rules are being followed I will not obstruct your progress.}" She pulls a paper from the portfolio and grips it between her index and middle finger, then flicks her wrist and the paper vanishes. "{You may go to the Matron's Henge at your leisure for the reunification of your Heart's Seed. You will need time to recover no doubt, it's sure to be a taxing ordeal. Return to me within the week for assessment and we will go from there. Do you have any questions for me before we conclude our discussion?}" She lifts the clay cup to her lips briefly and sets it back down on the table.

Calliope
fantasy adventure merchant cat girl adult orange short hair blue eyes shop s-1534958821.png

Calliope smiled at Keone. She was glad to feel like she was growing closer to the others. "<Of course! I would love to introduce you! I think you and my brother Titus would get along well.>" She wondered what her family would think when she returned home with two Fae and a Naga in tow, stifling a laugh.

Calliope coughed, probably a little too loudly as she reached the center of the room. The smell was intense and the smoke was making her eyes water. sometimes potions gave off fumes, but nothing like this, and even then she always had a cloth face covering. She wondered if covering her mouth and nose would insult the woman. Probably. She'd just have to endure it. She nodded at Keone's comment about it being overwhelming and then turned to glance around. The desk, a rather large surface made of petrified wood designed to used while standing, was immaculate, with only a few strange baubles adorning it. The walls held several paintings of a scenic mountain canyon, the details making Calliope wonder if they were all the same canyon from different angles. Beautiful crystals rested in alcoves and on rocks that had been cleaved to create flat surfaces. She wandered a little afraid to make herself look too interested, and took a seat on the settee near - but not too near - Euthalia when the Sylvari sat. She couldn't understand anything they were saying, and occupied herself with the hem of her dress.

Last edited:
Euthalia Apricot

ekSJs62.jpg[

Sylvari
Mentions: Calliope/Gendra StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal

There were multiple occasions on which she wanted to respond, but the woman mostly started talking again on her own. Truthfully, she couldn't quite recall either this woman's species nor who or what Collette's Pass was, even though she felt like she should. Perhaps it was the nerves making her black out on it? Either way, she just nodded along as she took a seat.

That's when she got a point at which she did want to reply. “{With all due respect, I have been forced to live without my Heart's Seed for a long time. A time during which I still tried to work for the good of our nation. Even though reversal might have been quickly decided upon, the road to earn that has been a long and difficult one.}” She defended herself, or at least so it felt, against the sudden remark.

She decided not to make remarks regarding Calliope and Keone. She'd best not get this woman too much on her bad side. Instead, she'd reply politely. “{Thank you ma'am.}” Truthfully, she immediately had one question. “{Where might I find the Matron's Henge?}” That would be pretty useful information.

Keone Nagendra
awldLOf.png

“<If your family's anything like you, I'm sure I'll get along with all of them!>” She said with confidence.

Islwyn Meadhra
uSlu8FB.png

“{Can I ask one as well?}” Islwyn would interrupt, after the question opportunity was introduced. “{I swear I've heard of Collette's Pass before, but I can't remember what from. Could you please refresh my memory?}” She'd spoke (somewhat sweetly, [Charm]). Whether she'd picked upon on Euthalia's thoughts or just had the same question was unclear.

Charm – Seduction F, – Character attempts to charm others. - Grade F – 0 Post Cooldown

Gendra Hollylocke
1691028746142.png
The woman stares at Euthalia, her face unchanging as the Sylvari voices her comment. "{I do not doubt your determination to atone, nor can I believe in it. I have no evidence one way or the other. But I shall learn soon enough. I was merely commenting on the many abnormalities in your case. Usually I am required to give a detailed account of our interactions here before an order for your Heart's Seeds return would be given. Yet, that is not the case. That is all.}"

Gendra nodded curtly as Euthalia thanked her. "{You can find the Matron's Henge on the eastern side of the City's Center.}" She turned her head as Islwyn spoke up, looking at the Satyr with the same calm unchanging expression. "{Of course.}" She raises an arm and points at one of the paintings on the wall. "{Collette's Pass is one of the passages through the mountains that make up our border with the Eastern Empire. I was born from the stone of her canyon walls, the first of her children. She currently resides in the hands of that wretched cesspool of a country, but we shall take her back on our path to crush them for good.}" Though her face remains unchanged, their seems to be a burning hatred raging behind her eyes.

Euthalia Apricot

ekSJs62.jpg[

Sylvari
Mentions: Gendra StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal

She just nodded at Gendra, as she was definitely not liking this woman, but seeing how she wasn't giving her any needless trouble either, she also didn't hate her. In fact, when Gendra talked about how she wished for the Eastern Empire to burn, Euthalia couldn't suppress a slight smile. “{That would be a most glorious day.}” She replied. Even though she might instinctively not like this woman too much, they were at least from the same ancestry, albeit from different aspects. In the end, they were both far relatives as nymphs.

Islwyn Meadhra
uSlu8FB.png

Although she was the one who'd asked, Islwyn wasn't entirely sure how much she liked the answer. Even so, she did feel some of the same hatred towards the Eastern Empire, after all that'd happened to her friends and family. “{Of course.}” She'd merely reply, with a nod of thanks. She didn't wish to spent more words on it.

Keone Nagendra
awldLOf.png

“<They're talking about taking back some territory from the East Empire, as this woman was born in place that got conquered by them.>” Keone ended up silently whispering into Calliope's ears.

Luckily enough, as they were leaving, Euthalia was actually able to lead them the way to their next destination. Matron's Henge. She took a deep breath. “{So far...}” “Sorry. So far, everything's been going surprisingly well. Let's hope it stays that way.” She'd speak up, hoping not to have jinxed herself.

Calliope
short orange hair blue eyes cat girl fantasy adventure vestments s-2381964953.png

Calliope nodded silently and smiled at Keone to let her know she heard her. She still didn't completely understand the Fae hatred for the East Empire, not that it difficult to find a reason to hate them, she just didn't know what the Fae's reason was. She understood Islwyn and Keone both had some history with them though, and she wasn't exactly a fan after her encounter with the crazy wolf woman in Faeremeadow.

Once outside, Calliope blinked and coughed, ridding herself of the haze from Gendra's office. "Yes, that's good at least, mmhhmm. Though I would much rather you had to visit the bird regularly than the scented smoke hovel, mmhhmm." She followed Euthalia and the others through the city, noticing that the deeper in they went, the more people looked at her unfavorably, ranging from avoiding looking at her to looking at her with contempt. She did not have much experience with Fae in Ryke and wasn't sure if there was anything specific she was doing wrong, or if this is just how they were.

1691396850810.png

East Central Bishri, The Matron's Henge
Mid Day
After a few wrong turns and backtracks, the group finds themselves at the entrance of the Matron's Henge, a sectioned off grassy field where an ancient henge rises from the ground. It is surrounded by the clean stone walls of the city, with an interior for staff built at it's entrance arch. From her time in the city and it's ineer workings, Euthalia would remember that the Matron's Henge is an ancient sacred site said to have strong ties to healing. It was operated by a group of specially selected Druids, and the position was considered a great honor. As they step into the building, an elderly Gnome greets them haughtily. "{G'day to ye. What business have ye with the Matron's Circle?}" He eyes Keone and Calliope and points at them aggressively. "{Beasts, Humans, Constructs or any other non Fae are not permitted on the premises! They need to leave immediately!}"

Euthalia Apricot

ekSJs62.jpg[

Sylvari
Mentions: Calliope/Gnome StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal

She chuckled a bit at the mention of Calliope rather visiting the bird on the regular. “That would be nice. I'm not particularly fond of the scent of burning plants either.” She replied, although a smile suggestion it wasn't as bad as the words might make it out to be. She'd live. “Perhaps we should get a pet of our own later?” She'd ask, not even aware that this heavily suggested she was already assuming a long enough future together with Calliope to care for a pet with her.

Perhaps she'd been too lost in thought, but she didn't notice Keone and Calliope entering the further into the site with them. She sighed upon the Gnome calling it out. “<I'm afraid he wants the both of you gone, something I can't really argue against. We'll have to meet up again later.>” She'd explain to them with a bit of an apologetic look.

Euthalia turned back to the Gnome afterwards. “{My apologies about them, I forgot to tell them to turn around in time. I'm Euthalia Apricot, here for the restoration of my Heart's Seed.}” She spoke, as she got ready to show him the paperwork she'd gotten to back up her statement.

Islwyn Meadhra
uSlu8FB.png

Although Islwyn hadn't really understood Euthalia's words to Calliope, she'd gotten enough context clues to have an id ea what it was about. “Don't worry, I'll back her up, you two can go and let loose somewhere else~” She'd add with a wink, as if suggesting this was their cue to rush off and get wasted somewhere.

Keone Nagendra
awldLOf.png

Keone just sighed. “<Go figure.>” She mumbled, afterwards looking at Calliope. “<Do you want to go trinket hunting? There should be a few shops that sell some fancy stuff, now that we're in the capital. Perhaps even some stuff for your potions?>” She suggested, figuring she might as well make the most of it, rather than to just wait somewhere being nervous about what might occur with Euthalia.

Calliope
orange short hair blue eyes cat girl fantasy adventure  vestments s-1018298499.png

Calliope frowned at Euthalia's comment on the incense. She hadn't even thought of that. Once again she was thinking like a flesh based organism. She would have been horrified if she walked into a building and they were burning meat. Or... wait... isn't that what a retaraunt is? But euthalia didn't eat plants. But wasn't ash good for the soil? Now she was really confused. As she pondered the complexities of Fae etiquette, she nearly missed Euthalias second comment. As its full weight registered she froze, she turned bright red, looking at Keone and Islwyn to see their reaction before sheepishly nodding, a smile appearing on her face. "Th-that sounds nice, mmhhmm. I have always been quite fond of brightly colored birds and lizards, mmhhmm. And fish, mmhhmm!"

It was clear by the gnomes expression and the way he pointed at the Calliop and Keone what was happening. Her suspicions were confirmed by Euthalia's explanation. She let out a disappointed sigh, but knew it wasn't anything Euthalia could control. She collected herself and smiled warmly at the Sylvari. "<Alright. I understand. We'll stay busy until you're finished here. Maybe I can get that food now.>" She gave a small wave and turned to leave with Keone. "<That sounds really fun! I'm curious what sort of unique things might be available here. Most of the stuff in Refara's Sound was high demand easily moved things. I've never seen a traditional Fae market. Maybe we could grab some street food as well.>"

1691470503130.png
East Central Bishri, The Matron's Henge
Mid Day
The Gnome watches Calliope and Keone until they leave, before turning back to Euthalia and accepting her paperwork. He steps to a huge wooden shelf that takes up the whole of the wall, filled with little nooks and cubbies, repeating the case number to himself as he searches. He pulls a wheeled ladder over to reach the highest shelves, but can't seem to find what he's searching for. He stands there and sighs frustratingly as he scratches his head and looks at the paper again. He glances once more at the shelf then around the room, before letting out a sound of realization. Walking to asmall chest in the corner, he hefts it up and makes his way back tot he counter and Euthalia, setting it in front of her. He flips the locks on the chest and opens the container for Euthalia to see, before shoving a paper toward her. "Ju' sign here saying you recieved it and ah'll let the Circle know you're ready for the reunification. Yuh can wait in here, it shouldn't be long before they are ready for yuh." Everything was going surprisingly well, as Euthalia had stated earlier. There was just one problem. Euthalia had an internal feeling that the dark gnarled thorny grapefruit sized glowing Heart's Seed in the chest wasn't hers.

Last edited:
Euthalia Apricot

ekSJs62.jpg[

Sylvari
Mentions: Gnome StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal

Although Euthalia was saddened to see her favourite cat go, she knew there wasn't much choice. She'd rather not start another political riot after just getting back into status. That said, when Calliope mentioned fish, she couldn't help chuckle a bit. The cat's dedication to adorable stereotypes was still going strong. “<Alright, have a nice meal~>” She'd reply, before waving Calliope off.

As for Keone's and Islwyn's reactions, either they hadn't caught up on the depth of Euthalia's statement, or they simply didn't see anything out of the ordinary with it, as neither of them acted surprised. Except for when Islwyn noticed Calliope glancing at her, which made her give the cat a wink. Yet that might as well just be Islwyn being Islwyn.

Short after, Euthalia watched the gnome dig up stuff, eventually returning with paperwork and... “{What in the soil is that..?}” She couldn't help ask, looking upon what she assumed to be a Heart's Seed... it just didn't look anything like what she expected hers would or might've looked like. In fact, it was giving her some really bad vibes. “{I mean no disrespect, but certainly that can't be mine... right?}” Had she always had such a thorny and twisted heart? Surely not? Right? She was starting to doubt herself. She quickly went to read the paperwork, checking to see if there wasn't just a misspelled name or something.

Islwyn Meadhra
uSlu8FB.png

“{A fear there's been a mix-up dear~}” She'd back-up Euthalia by addressing the gnome (with some Charm), hoping to not let Euthalia's own shock make this sound like it wasn't as real or serious.

[Charm – Seduction F, – Character attempts to charm others. - Grade F – 0 Post Cooldown]

Market Outside of Bishri
See of Chearon. Northern Edge. (Near) Bishri.
1000_F_547302883_xd3tTOjWlo1wXr5uvGkeb6OhUvSnGfoq.jpg
From: https://stock.adobe.com/kr/images/f...-with-a-warm-tone-like-a-fairy-tale/547302883

Keone Nagendra
awldLOf.png

Meanwhile, Keone had slithered all the way out of Bishri proper, for a reason she'd explain along the way. “<We're going to want to get out of the city proper, where folks are a bit more loose and lenient. Otherwise we'll just keep running into stuck-up folk that won't let us in or that will force us to pay double. It's the markets nearby where they care enough for making deals to actually sell some at decent prices... like here!>” She'd say, as she excitedly slithered onwards to nicely lit stores, which were crammed with juts about anything. Vegetables, herbs, spices, trinkets, plants... It was mostly natural products, but other stuff was mixed within. It was clear the snake was rather excited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back