• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Birds of a Feather Interest Check

Teacup

/monthly_2016_12/darkalley.jpg.af75906508f7b07339504507252c8b34.jpgA raspy laugh, the flash of a thin blade and then a worn figure collapsing in the filth a mere two yards away from you. Startled, you had only time to think of what shame it was to decide to explore this part of town on THIS particular evening before you met the cold eyes of the murderer...

You felt empty as the poisoned dagger held firmly in your hand pierced you old mentor's heart. What was once deadly had dulled with age, and with that weakness came the derision of your peers. You could not permit the old man to shame you any longer. A gasp sounded sharply in the silence. Ah, you thought, as your own apprentice was thus chosen by fate...

Dying like this was bittersweet. You had passed a lifetime in this world, and did your duties well... perhaps too well, was the fleeting doubt in your mind as your vision darkened around the sight of your apprentice's expressionless face...

Life is a story. Tell me, when does the story starts, and where does it ends? You never know, the answer may surprise you.

----------

Alrighty, the hook's done and over with so let's get to business!

Hello everybody! Teacup here coming to you live with an idea that just about attacked me out of nowhere yesterday and just now decided to take proper form. If you read through that tasty little tidbit of a teaser at the start of this post you may already guess what I'm about to tell you, but unless that's not your cup of tea ( :ClosedEyesCrying: ), please keep on reading for the details!

What is 'Birds of a Feather' About?

The whole point of this interest check is to see if this would interest anybody at all: Each roleplayer pick a very specific point in a medieval fantasy assassin and play it out... with the input of the other participants. You see, at every point in the ongoing plot the characters will be irrevocably linked, becoming one and the same as the life of an assassin shape them all to act (but most definitely not feel or think!) the same. So, say you are currently playing the recruitment of your tiny character like up above. Not only will you be writing with two others, but you will also have to take into account both what you had written previously and what was written by others as each action made by a particular character affect the others, either in their past, present, or future. Your character will be part of an endless loop, and it's up to YOU to make an impact. With that in mind, there will be entire story arcs and no doubt endless OOC chatter revolving around each event; the more characters go through a particular scene, the deeper and more intricate it becomes. So remember, your character is NEVER alone!

Basic Expectations

I'm perfectly aware that nobody write quite the same, and as such I don't wish to put up a word or paragraph count to this project. What I DO ask however is that you take the time to think about each of your post and write it; a maximum of one post a day is allowed per character. The reason for this rule of mine is twofold; I honestly don't have the time to check the rp often for reply or write them myself, and I truly wish for a minimum of thought and effort put into each post. Post comments and chatter in the OOC to your heart's content, in fact plot away, I'm all for it! Just don't make the IC thread so spammy as to draw slower paced yet potentially interested roleplayers away, ok? Thanks, doll! <3

That said, I do want everyone to at least post once a week, in not in the IC, then in the OOC. Be involved, it's more fun for everybody that way!

Questions, interests or comments? Post about them below, or send me a PM directly! I'll answer you as soon as I can.

Attachments

• darkalley.jpg
    darkalley.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Okay so basically everyone's writing the story, each person posting a part of it and sharing the characters?

Okay so basically everyone's writing the story, each person posting a part of it and sharing the characters?

Long story short, everyone would be writing one different character, but since the theme of the rp is history repeating itself and that every character would be one link in a long line of succession, each scene will happen a few times in succession as part as big common events in the life of the assassins of that organization. As a result, each characters will in turn be recruited, trained, tested, welcomed, off their mentors, mentor someone in turn, decline and finally be offed themselves.

Sounds like an interesting premise, playing an up and coming assassin and living out their life from beginning of career through to the end. I'd be willing to give this a shot, maybe playing one of the older assassins who mentors one of the other characters from the start, I think it would be fun. 

This sounds super interesting! I'm willing to join 
Emoticon1-ClosedEyesOpenSmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back