• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Birchwood (Rp)

Wolfiee

Meow
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The night was a cold one the snow coming down hard though it never seemed to bother the people living within the town. The shadows crept across the whitened ground as the moon rose slowly into the sky. The town seemed to settle and creak as the residence within started heading to bed unaware of the danger slowly approaching. The hooting of an owl sounds as it searches for prey its sharp eyes miss nothing as a figure emerges from the dark. It watches as this figure moves silently through the trees not a single sound or drop of snow are out of place. It’s as if no one is truly moving about then just as sudden as it appeared the figure was gone. A chill ran down the owls spine with a nervous feeling the great hunter takes flight getting far away from what it had just witnessed.

The moon once high in the sky begins descending back down as the first ray of light takes its place. In the growing warmth of day birds begin their song alerting those around of the morning blooming around them. The sounds of life fill the air as the residence within begin awakening to start their day unknown to all a new pretty face lurks among them. The woman smiles softly her seeds of discord already being spread the first effects are false memories of her. The town will now believe she’s been a member for years. With a voice like a bell the silence it broken by a single sentence. “It has truly begun.”

This scene was from six months ago that night a stranger had turned up planting memories of herself into all the people around. The six months had passed quiet easily for the woman almost everyone found her fascinating or charming in some way. How she moved, talk, and spoke often left people watching or listening to her. She was always kind to everyone speaking warmly and happily to any who approached her as she worked with flowers or jewelry. Her gaze lifted seeing a man carrying an axe strapped to his back she knew him as Daniel Rexroad the current werewolf alpha of the Birchwood pack. A faint smile graced her lips seeing the stiffness within the male so it seemed the rumors were starting to fester more causing the creatures and humans some trouble. She watched him head towards the bakery until he was within the building then she slipped away heading towards the back of one of the many flower shops. That’s when she let out an ear piercing scream her already pale skin paling even more at the scene before her. A man was splayed upon the ground bright red blossoming under him against the snow from seemed to be deep and ragged gashes. His eyes were open but the flat look in them showed the man had already passed away and this wasn’t just any man this was Bane Winter the son of the current mayor. The woman took another step back her hand across her mouth as she heard several pairs of feet crunching in the snow heading her way

Sunrise Bakery was filled with the scent of fresh bread and pastries, the smell carried out on the chilly streets. Cherub worked the counter, arranging the treats while his parents where in his back. His father was baking, while his mother got the items ready to be brought to the various cafes and restaurants that relied upon them for their baked goods. With a chime the door to the shop opened, letting in a rush of cold wind as a customer entered.

Cherub looked up, giving Daniel a friendly smile. "Welcome! How may I-"

His words were cut off by the piercing scream of someone on the streets outside. Cherub's eyes went wide, frozen as Daniel took off out the door. Then Cherub's parents were in the doorway between the kitchen and the front, panic in their eyes as well. That was enough to spur Cherub into action as well.

"I'll go see what it is. I'm sure it's nothing serious..." Cherub grabbed his coat, rushing out the door and down the snowy street. It wasn't hard to find the source of the scream, given the crowd that had already gathered. He didn't bother trying to push his way through the crowd, instead lingering at the edge and tapping the shoulder of a nearby observer.

"Do you know what happened? Was there an accident?"

(Anyone is welcome to be the person Cherub is asking.)

It was a chilly day, yes, but that was exactly the way Ivy liked it. The witch started up her daily routine, a few spells to animate various objects and the store to clean itself up. As the broom started idly sweeping, she called out to seemingly empty air, "Jik, you can manifest yourself, you know. Your sin is Envy, not Sloth."

The response sounded like it came from everywhere and nowhere at once. "But what if I envy the slothful?"

"Just get to work!"

"Ugh, fine." There was a shimmering near the cash register, and Ivy's familiar Jikariel appeared, having chosen the form of a rather attractive redhead. She smiled as Ivy flipped on the neon sign advertising Pine Street Spells. "Let's see who comes in today, shall we? Oh, and could you get my copy of the Necronomicon out of the back? I feel up for some light reading while things are slow."

Jay was up a little early, beginning to set up on the street corner - his gig today wasn't until the afternoon, so he had more than enough time to get some busking in. He ran his fingers through his hair, tying it back from his face. Setting down a chair, he sat, putting his guitar in his lap, and did some warmup exercises, his Cajun-accented voice seeming to almost have an echo to it.

---

Sleepily leaning against the shop window was Louise, watching him for a moment before flipping the sign to OPEN and disappearing back into her shop. It was a cozy place, full of big, soft reading chairs and lighting bright enough to read by but dim enough to be calming. After scooping an indignant Helsing into her arms, she gently set the cat in the his little nook behind the counter, far out of reach of the food and drinks, then sat down, waiting for customers.

Lana was up with the sun, as she normally was most mornings. She followed her simple morning routine of getting dressed, having breakfast and then bustling out the door to head to work, bundled up with a thermos of coffee clutched in one hand to ward off the chill. Though she didn't have lessons until later that afternoon, she still opened the pool early in the mornings for those that liked to swim before going about their day.

Locking the door behind her, Lana bustled off down the sidewalk towards the pool, which was on the opposite side of town from where she lived. Businesses were already open and she waved at a few passerby's that she recognized as they headed to various locations around the town.

She was halfway to her location when a sudden scream caused her to stumble, nearly dropping her thermos in shock. Catching herself against a nearby lamp post, Lana looked around wildly in search of the source of the scream. She saw several people head towards a nearby flower shop and she swiftly followed after them. By the time she caught up, a crowd had formed and with her short stature she had very little chance of seeing what had happened unless she pushed her way to the front.

A tap on her shoulder caused her to glance behind her, blinking up at Cherub as he asked her what had happened. "I don't know." She said, glancing back at the crowd with a soft shake of her head. "I was on my way to work when I heard the scream and rushed over, but I can't see over the crowd, so I have no idea what's happened." She said as she turned back to Cherub.
bastion bastion

Jisoo

Jisoo was pretty much dead to the world at any sort of early morning time. She had a concrete belief that nothing good ever happened while the sun was up, and she had yet to be proven wrong. A pair of fox ears appeared to slightly rotate above the absolute mess of a bed that had an off pillow-to-mattress ratio. She could hear the commotion that stemmed from the center of town and sighed. Her head felt as if her magic bead was rattling around at a demonic speed, and it took all the concentration she could muster just to maintain her human form. Her hair resembled that of a cloud that had been through a handheld washer and left to die. Jisoo lifted herself up with one arm while using the other to hoist herself up into a sitting position. Seeing as how her sleep attire only consisted of satin pawprint covered boxers, she must have drunk in her male form before passing out in...

Jisoo took a sniff of the air that was full of a variety of tea and lightly scented plants. ''Ah, this must be Nina's place. Thank the almighty fox that she allows my drunken self to come in.'' Jisoo's padded feet allowed her to peek around into Nina's room to see if the forever gentle girl was still sleeping, and that she was. She scratched at one of her ears as quietly plopped herself down by Nina's bed. It was always fascinating to see how diurnal creatures waste the night by going off to the human realm of dreams. If it wasn't for Jisoo's sensitive hearing, she would've thought that girl wasn't breathing. Jisoo had her arms crossed with her head laying on it as she enjoyed the peace that eased her hangover. She suddenly remembered Yasaeng telling her that monitoring humans up-close like this is not what they considered to be normal, but she found them to be quite cute and unaware. Nina, Nina. I woke up before you and I am not good enough at making human safe food yet to be trusted in the kitchen alone. I crave the sweet flat disks that you make,'' Jisoo spoke in a soft tone while twirling Nina's hair. ''Oh, and today will be busy. Another one of our citizens has fallen to something, unknown and dangerous. Fear not, for I shall protect the ones that matter, even Draven...even though he says that I am a bad influence on his 'furbabies'.'' The cute morning wake-up had suddenly become a moment for complaints as she vividly remembered Draven disapproving of her teaching his dogs that animals should take priority over humans and that they should demand more attention of their human.

x_Tasia_X x_Tasia_X

Nina Simone Rivera

Nina’s eyes hesitantly opened, she didn’t look too surprised as she looked back at Jisoo with sleepy eyes. Her expression lit up a bit with recognition and fondness as she quietly replied. Nina isn’t awake enough to fully process Jisoo’s words. Nina shuffled in bed and buried her face in her pillow before she responded. She was hoping to sleep in a bit more, since she didn’t have work until later. But Jisoo wanted pancakes and she didn’t want to keep her friend waiting.

“Oh okay, give me a minute.” She sleepily muttered, her voice half muted by the pillow. She yawned. Nina then stiffened after a few moments. She shot up, quickly sitting upright and looking at Jisoo with a shocked expression. What was she talking about? Someone died again? Who? The killer still hasn’t been caught? What? What, what what?!-

The initial shock faded as her expression softened into something more solemn. More worry made its on her face as she looked at Jisoo. Nina seemed to be having some trouble fully processing this new information this early in the morning. She finally spoke again after a few silent moments of thought.

“Did you see who the victim was?” She questioned with a small worried frown. Making pancakes was the last thing on her mind, she loved her town. These were her neighbors, people she grew up with who were kinder to her than anyone else had been. And they were dying. The fear of the killer coming for her wasn’t as big as them getting to one of her friends. At this rate, one day, the name of the victim would be one of her friends. She wouldn’t know what to do if that ever happened.

Shadow Alpha Shadow Alpha

coded by: s e v e n s e v e n

"Yeah... I heard it from the bakery... Guess we'll need to get closer if we want to know what's up."

Cherub began gently coaxing his way through the crowd, until he'd made it close to the front. First he caught the metallic smell of blood, then the sight of the blood died red. Gore spread out from the body at the center of it all, deep gashes the source of the gruesome end. Cherub felt sick, but he held it in for the moment. He was all too aware of Lana behind him and could only hope she hadn't been able to see yet. He abruptly turned around, making sure to block her view of the grizzly scene.

"It's- You don't want to see," was all he could think to say, putting an arm around her to guide the shorter woman back the way they came. The crowd began to move at almost the same time, as emergency responders finally arrived. Cherub and Lana were quickly pushed back to the edge of the crowd as the area was cordoned off.

"We... should go. Let them do their work..." Cherub murmured, glancing down at Lana.

Interacting with SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles

All the commotion didn't escape Ivy's watchful eyes. She kept seeing people dashing down the street, and finally looked over at Jikariel. "I've got to figure out what's going on. Something's happening, and they could use a witch's services. You can come along if you want."

"Sure thing, boss. Let me get something for you." The demoness conjured a pair of high-end jackets for them, and the pair trundled out in the snow. When they got there, the crowd was too thick for them to see any details, but the basics were all too clear. "Great. Another corpse. At this point, we might need to start calling in some outside help."

As Cherub began to push his way through the crowd gathered in front of the flower shop, Lana followed in his wake, using the opening he made to make her way through the crowd. As they reached the front, Lana found she was unable to see around Cherubs taller form, not with how close the crowd was pressing in as everyone tried to figure out what was happening. But even if she couldn't see the accident, there was no mistaking the familiar scent of copper than hung heavy in the air.

Her fragile hope that it wasn't that bad was dashed to pieces as Cherub turned around and she caught sight of his face; the fact that he seemed to be shielding her from seeing what had happened told her all she needed to know. Someone else had died. Her eyes closed and she inhaled a steadying breath, exhaling heavily as she let Cherub lead her back the way they had come.

"Who...Who was it?" She asked though she was afraid to know the answer, desperately hoping it wasn't any of her friends. Her hands clutched her thermos as anxiety swept through her. She was barely restraining herself from whipping out her phone and calling all of her friends to make sure they were safe.
bastion bastion

scroll me!

mood
some details !

kang Jisoo

The Free-range Gumiho

Jisoo immediately perked up as Nina finally stirred awake. Of all the places that she had chosen to stay, Nina's home was the most rewarding for mornings since some of the others also had nocturnal tendencies. Excitement over a fluffy and tasty breakfast was overwhelmed by the growing concern in the girl's face. Jisoo knew that Nina was the sort to have a gentle heart that cared for all around her so she knew that lying would be for the best, she also didn't want it to come back and bite her in the tails so she'd play it by ear. At the current distance, the scent of old blood had become muddled to the point that she was not able to confidently confirm who had been lost, only that it smelled similar to the mayor.

''I believe that it is someone that we know. I haven't been out of the house since I arrived in the early hours of the morning. I don't even remember the scent of this amount of blood, it has a rotten tinge to it unlike last night's playmate at the bar.'' Jisoo's mind drifted to last night and all the fun she had with a few other creatures and humans that she was close to, truly a time to unwind as the tension among the community over the killer was rather thick. ''I wonder if it is a creature with similar tastes to me but that wouldn't explain the mess it leaves behind like an abandoned meal.'' Jisoo stood up and stretched out her arms until she felt a concerning pop and quickly went through a special closet that Nina had designated for Jisoo. She quickly threw on a sleeveless black hoodie that was covered in a gold pawprint design.

''If you'd like, we can go checkout the scene before it gets too late and messed up by observers and the police. If so, eating can wait as it will be another gruesome scene that I do not recommend for a young pup like yourself. I'd rather you be somewhere dangerous under my care than having you creep alone later.'' The middle of Jisoo's chest had begun to glow while she muttered the end of her sentence, she had found it easier to keep the Magical Bead where she stored most of her magic within her chest cavity as many of her kin had lost or had theirs stolen by greedy creatures aiming for more strength. Most of the thieves perished as their bodies were torn asunder by the owner or the magic that ripped through them. Within seconds 4 blue will-o-wisps appeared around her and began flickering in understanding. They were tasked to relaying the news to those of her circle and to gather up what they know and vanished with the snap of her fingers. A low snarl escaped her and the steely glint to her usually playful blue eyes was alarming. Jisoo had always been territorial, whether it be people or an area, and she was becoming fed up with these murderous games. The fur on her ears puffed out as she let loose a much quieter groan before focusing back on what Nina decided to do.

x_Tasia_X x_Tasia_X

♡design by neon reverie, coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
Nina Simone Rivera

Nina watched Jisoo with a concerned gaze, her gaze lowered when Jisoo kept speaking. She fiddled with her fingers even after Jisoo stood to her feet, she was mostly thinking. Trying to figure out how to process this information, and what she could even do with it. There wasn’t much Nina could do. She was a normal human, not only that but she was no detective either. She wouldn’t be able to contribute much to the search for the killer. Still, she wanted to try. Anything she could do to help.

Nina eventually got out of bed, “I see.” She muttered. Her gaze averted from Jisoo as she got dressed. It was gruesome. She hoped the victim died quickly. Nina looked around her room, she figured that she would keep wearing the large t-shirt she already had on, she could just put on some leggings underneath. There was no reason to dress up today. Nina rummaged through her clothes before she found some leggings to wear and got dressed. Not minding that Jisoo was there. By the time she was done, Jisoo was speaking again. Nina looked over, taking a few steps towards her friend. Her expression turned to a mildly surprised one. Seems like Jisoo had her figured out, she was planning on going to the crime scene, even if it had to be alone. Not smart, but it was what she wanted to do. She had to confirm who it was for herself.

Nina’s always been like that. Even as a child she would sometimes forget that she wasn’t like the supernatural beings she grew up around. That’s why the girl was usually covered in some sort of bandage, she was a reckless child. She was the same now, except she didn’t get hurt nearly as often. She rarely heeded warnings. Nina watched the lights that formed around Jisoo with a look of wonder, seeing those around her use magic never got old. It was enrapturing. Nina noticed the steely look in Jisoo’s eyes and frowned a little. These murders had her friend on edge as well. Nina realized she’d have to be more cautious, if she died her friends would be upset. The last thing she wanted to do was cause them pain.

Nina furrowed her brow and stepped closer to Jisoo wrapping her arms around her friend's waist and hugging her tightly. “I’m glad you’re okay.” Nina said with a sigh, as guilty as it made her feel, she was glad it wasn’t Jisoo who was hurt. She’d had to tell the rest of her loved ones the same today.

Shadow Alpha Shadow Alpha

coded by: s e v e n s e v e n

scroll
Cherub Howell

main street, near crime scene

Lana

"It was Bane Winters..."
Cherub said softly, a slight shudder in his voice. He hadn't examined the scene closely, but he had gotten a clear look at the victim's face, one he recognized from growing up. He wasn't exceptionally close to Bane, but he'd still considered him a friend. They'd grown up together after all, gone to school together, played together... He'd been a good guy, who didn't deserve to die in such a gruesome way...

Cherub took a steadying breath, glancing towards the sky.
"It's like the other recent deaths... Something definitely attacked him. I... Whatever it was, it was strong."

Cherub glanced back at Lana, studying her face. He hoped hearing this wasn't too upsetting. She seemed to be holding herself together well, at the very least.

"I should tell my parents... And you look like you could use something to steady your nerves. Come with me to the bakery, something warm to eat will help and give you a chance to process."

♡coded by uxie♡

Users who are viewing this thread

Back