• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Beyond the Witch's Corridor [IC]

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Arcvine Shopping Mall
Code by Serobliss
Sovetskaya Dragnov
ABSOLUTE FORCE OF SELF-IDEALISM
Female
Skadi
A shock of adrenaline rushed throughout her body once again, reminding her that despite her elegant facade, she was a Dragonborn down to the every last drop of blood. Once the idea of combat enters her consciousness, her bloodlust increases mildly, until the blood flow increases at a rapid pace, further making the situation worse. But alas, as a trained officer and veteran of rift control, administering her innate crave action was as natural as breathing.

"Extermination of biological threats is of foremost priority," Skadi announced to her team, having rushed to the nearby makeup aisle. "Fu and Raikou, rendezvous to my position. The closure of the rift via freezing will have to wait until we clear all lifeforms that escaped from the transporter. Harmless or not, let us exercise caution and take care of it professionally. I'm not visiting either of you at the infirmary if you end up with even a scratch." Skadi commented with unfiltered bluntness, showing off her mildly apathetic humor.

Having made preparations on her weapon, Skadi breezed near where the makeup aisle was presumed to be located but did not make her presence known to the creature just yet. "Raikou will be on execution duty. Fu, as usual, will heighten our spatial awareness and update us on environmental changes. You're to support Raikou and me from the back, just in case that zombie mermaid has a trick up her sleeve. With that said..." Skadi took several steps towards the grotesque creature, having loaded her rifle with the required ammunition and charge, a mere trigger away from blasting away a shot of condensed plasma. "A redundant tactic, but nonetheless effective. Render it immobile, and I'll blast its head to pieces with absolute precision. Better to decrease environmental damages if we can... Even a world-saving organization keeping the peace of this planet can be subjected to a lawsuit, you know." Skadi sighed.

Veren | Raikou | Omicron-6 | A-Rank

"Hooh, you just couldn't stand to be away from me for too long, is that it? Very well, as you wish," the Tenebria swiftly responded to Skadi's order without missing a beat, though ultimately making her compliance be known. Having spent the past moments impotently hopping across balconies to scan for anything of interest, Veren was quick to report back to Sovetskaya's position, guided by Fu's directions. All the while, she let out a muffled chuckle in response to Skadi's dry joke, happy to hear some degree of banter from her.

As Raikou moved through the empty shopping mall, she responded affirmatively to Skadi's further orders regarding how they would deal with the fresh find they had on their hands. "Understood. With that said then... do make sure that you are not in the water once I arrive, hmm?" She simply advised. Considering the nature of her powers, it shouldn't take too long for one to piece together what she intended to do.

Intent on arriving in style, Veren only arrived to her destination within the makeup aisle just as Sovetskaya gave her final instruction -- one that she admittedly didn't pay too much heed toward -- as her body surged with electric energy. Reaching the position of their supposed target, the agent sprung into the wet stream, landing beside the creature with a splash that quickly turned into a resonating shock as the power of electricity transferred from her own body to the water, electrocuting the creature with the intent of immobilizing it as directed.

"Now then, Skadi..." Raikou said through the sounds of surging energy, remaining still where she was, maintaining her ever-present smirk. "Won't you show our new friend your deepest courtesies?"

Nano Nano ERode ERode Novelight Novelight Cosmos Cosmos

heathcliff.

Taking advantage of Kim's transformation, Heath's quick, but nimble footsteps led him until he was safely hidden behind her large frame. Heath situated himself into a kneeling position. His old tobacco pipe hung from between his lips. Whenever he inhaled, puffs of translucent clouds swirled into the air.
"Veil incoming,"
he spoke into the communicator before closing his eyes to focus.

The "Veil" he spoke of extended from his broad frame and floated through the air like tentacles. As if the smoke-like tentacles had eyes of their own, each one found a member of the squad and encircled them into a comforting hug. The Veil sent tugging sensations against Heath's form to confirm he found his targets and each of their presence was masked from the wolves. The tugs gave a similar sensation of having multiple leashes tied around his waist.

He took another inhalation while he kept a steady focus on the Veil. His eyes remained closed at this time. If he lost focus, he would feel a snap and a momentary sense of loss. Heath threw up a hand signal for Kim and Rook to see. Once Asanah retreated to their location, Heath tucked his tobacco pipe into his coat pocket and once again took another deep breath. Then, a hum resonated from his chest. It started out as low, but it gradually grew in volume.

To the others near him, the humming was nothing more than a child's lullaby, but once the melody reached the ears of the wolves, their senses will become mendable to his will. Unable to speak as he had a time limit, Heath sent another signal for the others to proceed. His squadmates will know the wolves were caught in his hallucinogen when Heath's humming, which is steady and slow, picks up in tempo.

cry for love

백현

♡coded by uxie♡

Date
Monday, 4 March 2047

Time
12:52PM

Weather
Partly Cloudy (67°F)
As the splashes of water from the rift became more violent, the creature on the floor continued to lie on the floor motionless. When Raikou’s electric currents ran through its body, its neck twisted with a sickening snap, revealing hollow eye sockets and an eerie smile stretched wide from one ear to the other. Sharp ringing shook the area as the creature’s body suddenly disappeared and dense mist filled the area.

In the distance, Agent Fu’s spell would alert him that the entity further back in the store had begun to move, albeit at a snail’s pace.

As soon as the abyssal creature disappeared, its signal would reappear right on top of the rift. A deluge of seawater crashed through the rift, sweeping merchandise off shelves and making quick work of the now shattered automatic doors of Bullseye’s entrance. Should the agents present have braced themselves for the sudden flood, they’d see three dark and slimy appendages slide past the crack of the rift and pull a black shelled creature into view. Its large, rounded shell seemingly prevented it from squeezing past the rift. However, its numerous appendages which plugged the various holes in its shell kept a tight grip on the self-checkout counters.

Floating atop its shell next to its vaguely serpentine crest and head was the wispy figure of the creature that had been electrified by Raikou just moments prior. It was a Clarissian Sea Phantom, a creature all sailors feared not because of the rather weak creature itself but what its appearance heralded. Where Earth feared the legends of Krakens, sailors traversing the waves above Clarisse feared nothing more than an Eoros that decided to emerge from its home in the ocean’s icy depths.
When the manager had called him in to cover a shift for a few hours, scooping up a lost child and running for his dear life wasn’t quite what he’d imagined doing during the final hour of his shift. Why was it so difficult for college students to earn a little pocket money nowadays?

Every slight movement from his diaphragm elicited a fresh jolt of pain, yet the teen kept his breathing steady and held the unconscious child in his arms close. Rubescent eyes peered out from behind the corner of the counter to study the blurred shapes of the two behemoths wrestling against each other. The spider had distracted the serpent long enough for him to crawl away from the carnage, but it was only time until the victor of the brawl turned its attention back to the two fresh morsels sneaking around like rats.

From the point of view of Squad Kappa-101, as soon as the giant serpent crashed into the counter of a juice bar, a dark red object was tossed from behind the serpent and sailed over the head of the spider. In spite of the spider missing a leg, it nimbly turned on its seven remaining legs to gather the object within its fangs. Moments after it appeared to feed while ignoring the stunned serpent, it suddenly crashed to the ground with a wobble.

A teen with a dark blue dye job and a sizeable open wound running down his left forearm rolled out from behind the Venti’s counter and broke into a run with the grace of a foal on ice. Upon turning out of the food court and spotting an unknown figure, the teen skid to a stop, holding the little girl in his arms close. However, when the uniformed figures of the Kappa-101 members caught his eye, his shoulders visibly relaxed, and he slowly slid down the wall to collapse on the floor.

“I’m a…”
he wheezed out,
“freshman at ACU School of Business.”
Now that the adrenaline had worn off, the pain in his abdomen and now the fresh wound on his arm from when he’d bitten himself were starting to ache again.
“My blood should keep the spider down for a few minutes,”
he informed, though he wasn’t sure what the two Arcarum members present would do with the information.
-->

Daruu'maka

5d2a698ecd3dcc3413aea18cbe474a51.jpg

Spiders and Snakes. Why are they natural enemies?

"Well done my boy!" Daru said after watching the ingenious use of resources available to the young man. The effect that his blood had on creatures from the rift was something to be explored at a later date. He opened up his comms and made a short report "Two Civilians in the food court, one injured, the other unconscious, both hostiles...temporarily halted." his eyes locked on to the two creatures as he examined them "Estimated time...three minutes till recovery. Err on the side of caution to a minute thirty"

With only Hunter and himself there, Daru didn't see them being able to kill both creatures. Tough bodies tended to be hard to cut through even when the creatures were stunned and there was no guarantee that attacking them wouldn't break whatever stunned effect both had on them. He also couldn't put the two civilians here at risk. They needed to be moved to a safer location before any attempt at killing the creatures. He nodded.

"Reaper, return from scouting" he said and looked at Hunter "Hunter, we are going to retreat until we've got a better understanding of these creatures, as well as get these two to safety." his eyes looked around the food court as he spoke, keeping an eye out for any other civilians "In your assessment, do you believe you have enough time to use a spell to trap the spider and serpent, at least long enough to restrain them if they start moving early?"

Spotting no other movement, he knelt down and pulled a strip of cloth from his pack and began to tightly secure the young man's arm. While intelligent with the blood, the scent of the blood would be easy to track if left unattended.

Nano Nano AreSneksSly AreSneksSly Firelie Firelie

A very slight frown formed over Fu’s expression. He had asked for the visual. None, it appeared, deemed it necessary to explain what exactly that visual was. All he had were vague comments about a zombie mermaid, which meant, what? Mermaids as humanity understood them, full-blooded monsters intent on dragging people to their deaths? Or Aegir, a sentient, humanoid race that made up a not-insignificant portion of the active field agents in Arcarum? Without that knowledge, he could not make a judgment on whether or not Skadi was correct in her decision-making…and certainly, there was no way that Raikou would be a voice of reason in this either.

Well, there was no point in worrying about it. No visual had been provided, but Skadi was experienced. There was probably some key information that he was being kept in the dark about.

Like the sudden surge of another magical signature, this one emanating right out from the rift, five times more potent than the two-headed bird that they had butchered moments ago. Even at a distance, the deluge of seawater, the sheer displacement of it all, gave Fu a clue as to what was to come, and he stepped into the air, ascending upon transparent scaffolds as he rose above the tide. From his vantage point, he could see the abyssal creature now, a tentacled monstrosity shielded by a black carapace, the stench of the sea powerful enough to be smelt even from far away. And above, looked to be the ‘lure’ of that multi-limbed anglerfish, apparently still strong enough that it could float about after taking Raikou’s lightning to its entirety.

And then, there was the matter of the other mysterious entity, inching further and further away.

“DRG-05,” Fu spoke. “I’ll send you locational data regarding the other signature I caught. Investigate and report back. We’ll handle this in the meanwhile.” While Raikou required precision in order to land a Godspeed on a target she couldn’t even see, just a general blip of knowledge, augmented by an understanding of the store’s basic layout, would be enough to get the scarlet Dragonborn on her way. Rapid incantations packaged arcane information, and a moment later, information sprouted like a seed within DRG-05’s mind.

Now, it was just a matter of dealing with this monster.

“Implementing visual support. Skadi, do we fight to kill, or to force a retreat?”

As their frost-blessed leader formulated her answer, Fu wove his second spell, dropping on top of a toppled shelf as he extended his right hand towards the Eoros. A darkly-tinted creature in a dark environment, especially in a Bullseye without any electrical power and thus without any direct light, presented a unique problem even for races with more acute senses. His Scan spell already gave him the location of the monster though, so now, he wove an inversion of his Stealth spell, crafting an illusory lattice that spawned from its shell before expanding outwards to its limbs. A wireframe mirror of the creature’s form, one that now glowed with a soft, green light.

The groundwork was laid. Now, more destructive elements can play.

scroll
Eclipse

Mall, Outside Second Floor food court

K-101 + Teenager

"...to think, someone of my master design reduced to a simpleton scout..."
Eclipse grumbled to herself as she split off from the rest of her team, floating gracefully through a broken window into the second floor of the mall. She floated sourly through the now empty halls of the mall. The people who lived here have been dealing with this sort of threat a long time and by now are well trained in this sort of situation. She didn't expect to find many people as she floated the halls, but she knew it was her job to check anyways. Using her "Demon's Chakra" Eclipse quickly scouted out the inside of shops without even sparing a glance physically. She was about halfway down the second floor east wing hall when the communicator orbiting around her head beeped. "Reaper, return from scouting" The muffled voice of Daru informed through light radio static. "Realized mine deathly presence is needed. So be it!" She cackled and turned around mid air. According to intel, they were moving to the food court, so she figured she would find them there.

It didn't take long for Eclipse to join her comrades. She was inhumanly fast, being able to fly and all. Plus, she wasn't even that far away. "Ah, a pair of survivors!" She called, seeing the boy and the unconscious child. "Your tenacity is admirable, mortals." She turned to her two teammates. "If it is of the plan to facilitate the escape of the mortals, so be it. I will tarry our foes pursuit. They will not get past..." She paused for dramatic effect, crossing her arms and posing. "...The Reaper." Eclipse tried and failed to muster up an ominous tone. She didn't seem to mind though as she turned to the direction of the food court, holding her hand out and speaking into the receiver floating about her head. "Command, summon unto me Annihilation, so I may send mine foes wandering about the abyssal fields." Such requests were obnoxiously common for her. Sure, she could have just said she needed her energy scythe, but this was so much cooler.

AreSneksSly AreSneksSly Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire

♡coded by uxie♡

Arcvine Shopping Mall
Code by Serobliss
Sovetskaya Dragnov
ABSOLUTE FORCE OF SELF-IDEALISM
Female
Skadi
'Our mobility's compromised because of the flood. If I were to be alone, freezing the surface into solid grounds wouldn't be an issue, as I'd be able to walk on glacial platforms thanks to my natural ice affinity. However...' Skadi studied her surroundings, having realized that the situation was getting worse and worse the longer this went on. If possible, she wanted to analyze the phantoms before closing the rift with her magic, but unfortunately, that was going to be an impossible task with how the situation was developing. 'The others will have a difficult time. I'll have to prioritize our survival first.'

Veren's sarcastic remark forced a slight smirk, as she jumped upward to land on the nearest shelf, above the water level where she can have a full view of the situation. She prepared her spells in advance, as her free hand was radiating with a hue of azure, indicating that she was ready to cast her magic. "I've made up my mind. On your right, Raikou."

With nothing but a verbal warning and a desire to end this fiasco, Skadi cast her doubts aside and extended her magic forward with her hand, as a flow of blue energy traveled across the air towards where the rift was located, swiftly freezing all waters that it came into contact with, effectively freezing the rift from spawning any more threats and environmental damage. Additionally, the shell-protected beast was locked in place, being unable to squeeze itself through the rift, leaving it immobile. Perhaps, she should have done this prior.

Then, again without hesitation or second thought, Skadi jumped from the shelf and landed onto the surface of the pool, freezing the water below to create an icy pathway towards Veren, skating on its frozen road to travel faster towards her target, swiftly striking the immobilized monster from above, penetrating the tip of her plasma blade into its head. She took a closer look at the creature before determining her next options.

"Extermination of all threats is in order. The rift has been paralyzed, but remain cautious. All are to rendezvous at my location. Our primary objective has been accomplished, and now we'll focus our attention on eliminating the corrupted." Skadi spoke, primarily responding to Fu's question. "Raikou, you and I will strike from both sides. I will freeze half of its body and you give it a shock from the other side. If the shell is tough, our physical attacks won't be of any use. We'll have to kill it internally."

Turning her attention to Fu through the comms, "I'll trust you to find its weak points from the distance, Fu. Once you have a clear shot, go for its head. I'd rather not blow that thing into a million pieces if we don't have to." Skadi spoke with a cold expression, unlike her usual, collected self. "Its mobility might have been compromised but its claws still bear lethal capabilities."

Something was bothering her, and she wasn't interested in finding out what her gut was trying to tell her.

Last edited:
Monday, 4 March 2047
Rook
N8:Luke
With a gentle hand placed upon Kim’s abyssal form, Rook leaned in to rest his head against her wing, eyes closed as if in prayer. Her carrying him to the rendezvous point wasn’t quite expected, but the gesture was greatly appreciated considering his rather ironic aversion towards damp environments.

Following the brief exchange, the Anima stepped to the forefront of the trio to lie in wait for their squad leader’s signal. When the furry figure of a grossly oversized rat-hamster tumbled over the bloodied snout of a snarling wolf and landed within Haze’s veil, he immediately tapped his left foot against the floor. As if the footfall had triggered a chain reaction in the ankle-deep water, a trail of ice crackled towards the Voidland Wolves before spreading out to freeze their paws to the damp floor. Directly below the wolves, the magic circle he’d carefully sketched on the marble emitted a bright flash before three thick walls of ice suddenly rose from the ground and crashed into the ceiling with a creaky groan, boxing the wolves in save for the open side facing Nu-8.

“Give them your worst,”
Rook instructed Kim with a quick step backwards as to not get caught in the crossfire. Though the wolves were more than capable of breaking their paws out of the ice, he doubted they’d be able to fight off Haze’s hallucinogen. The surviving wolves would only have one way out—if they were even capable of breaking past the squad.
#kim
#asanah
#heathcliff

Last edited:
Veren | Raikou | Omicron-6 | A-Rank

"Hup!"

Perfectly in sync with Skadi like a tag-team against the helpless creature, Raikou hopped out of the shallow pool once the team leader announced herself and entered the fray, landing atop a nearby shelf just as the water went from surging with crippling electricity to a devastating freeze, as the water turned to ice and the rift was blocked off, preventing any other uninvited guests from trying to break into this world.

Once the ice had settled and the creature was firmly stuck in place, she hopped down next to it once again, now with Skadi accompanying her. As the leader gave her next order, that the two of them would assault it from both sides, Veren nodded once again in affirmation. "To be tended to at both sides by two beauties? I should be jealous if I were this beast," she smirked, seeming to not share the same apprehension Sovetskaya might have felt in her own gut. After all, when suspended like this, what harm could a beast like this possibly do to either of them?

Not needing any further signal, Veren went ahead and began to act, raising her daunting Vajra blade, which surged with electricity, with both hands like a baseball bat -- even raising her leg like a waiting pitcher -- as the Tenebria once again channeled her power. "We are counting on you, boy! Don't let us down now!" She called out over the intercom to Fu, before bringing down her leg just as quickly and giving the creature a fierce swing. Once the Vajra hit its mark, Veren kept her weapon in its place, maintaining a consistent flow of electricity toward the beast's side to continuously disable it.

"Just stay nice and still... and accept your fate, worm!"

» Kim Yukhin
Kim watched as wolves begun to pour into the room, and chuckled to herself. As planned, the wolves were frozen in a cage of ice, and the only opening was towards her. With the combination of Heaths smoke, the wolves were open to be destroyed, and Kim would make sure that she would deliver.

Kim heard Rook give her the go ahead, and she begun to advance towards the wolves. She could see that the wolves were all loopy, but didn't hesitate to unhinge her jaw and chomped down on the wolf closest to her. As she raised her head, she could feel the wolf squirm around in her mouth. Kim bit down harder, and could feel bones break in her mouth. Kim flung the body at another wolf, and sent them both flying into the ice wall, which held steady.

Kim didn't wait to confirm that the other wolf was dead, and instead moved unto the next closest wolf, who was trying to break free from the ice. She stomped the wolf flat, and retreated back to her teammates from the remaining 3 wolves, 2 of them a normal size, while one was abnormally long. "I'm pretty sure that big one isn't gonna go down as easy as the others, back me up on this one." Kim asked.
code by Nano Nano

Asanah | Nu-8 | Code: Skull
As Agent Luke was standing back in his steady composure, observing his plan come to fruition, a sharp impact abruptly interrupted him.

"You don't get to have last commands." Asa chuckled dryly behind, lowering her palm. Although he didn't look it and neither did she really care, she learned from their long history that it was good to check on the kid's ego occasionally. Then, with a cheap, sophistic smile, she reissued to the squad,"Ahem, give them your worse."

Failing to acknowledge Rook's reaction if he had one, Asa trained her eyes on the pack ahead, as she had been since the beginning. Watching her sea drake friend rampage her bout, she faintly approved Kim executing their drills aptly in her quick takedowns of three wolves even with her typical heavyhanded savagery. Knowing where to bite made a big difference after all when testing brittleness. The wolves who were sedated into newborns, courtesy of Heath's hum, weren't entirely helpless. Rattled by their injuries and the stench of another dying, the wolves inevitably resisted their drugged states, that awakening ferocity ingrained in their native Voidland temper.

"Heath, switch to immobilize, prioritize the Alpha." Asa prompted as Kim returned. The largest wolf growled lowly, the glassiness in its eyes fading quickly as it looked down at the still body of one of its brethren, warmth escaping in the pooling liquid. Its breath instinctively quickened, as did the others of the pack, but it was no time to mourn. Fur bristled in vigilance along with a sudden pull of power. Its golden bestial eyes reflected those four enemies ahead. The wounded wolves felt the change and rose from the ice, hastily returning to their position with the rest. Yet, while their recovery was undeniably without delay, five dire heads still twisted in shock.

Voidland wolves had a unique trait from which their social culture developed: the ability to assimilate the mana from the corpse of their kin. Death in the Void Lands was a common occurrence, and for them, it led to the development of the pack's Alpha. Mana surged in the Alpha's chest, its magic energy manifesting into heat crackling across the ice. There was no respectful ritual of the deceased, no bowing nor ingesting blood and flesh to honor a will. Survival was sovereign. As the buildup of flames was moments from budding, a dark-haired monster appeared, her weapon swung with both hands coming down at its skull.

The Alpha managed to tilt its head away, sacrificing its shoulder to the brutal blow. Following the attack was the sound of fabric tearing, the absorption of mana cut prematurely through Asa's strength and a rough application of her own mana, severing those threads with her hand as the knife. The disruption caused the Alpha to experience extreme stiffleness, like reaching an oasis to find a pinch of water, its mana momentarily under turmoil and vulnerable for Heath to act. With the other wolves immediately lunging at her, Asa deftly evaded them and continued to pressure the reeling Alpha with her assault.

Nano Nano Nessi Nessi nios nios

Last edited:
Date
Monday, 4 March 2047

Time
1:02PM

Weather
Partly Cloudy (66°F)
Based on the manner in which the Eoros was shifting right to left ever so slightly, the ice hadn’t managed to freeze the aquatic beast to the rift. However, it was firmly stuck from moving forwards, preventing any hopes of its advance without first breaking the ice. Nonetheless, its shell remained pristine while the slime coating its tentacles kept its squishier appendages seemingly safe. The Sea Phantom accompanying the Eoros was far less fortunate, having been vaporized on the spot by Skadi’s onslaught.

The blow from the plasma blade to the Eoros’s head did little to impede its continued struggle to pull itself out from the rift. It ripped its head away from the blade and quickly sealed its divided head back together as if its body were a fluid.

When met with Raikou’s volts conducted by Vajra, the sea monster visibly recoiled. A sharp upward movement from the appendage that the Tenebria had pinned down dislodged the two parts of the now sundered tentacle from Vajra’s bite. In a seemingly defensive maneuver, the Eoros slipped its head and all three visibly remaining appendages into its shell. Following a violent tremble, a deluge of frigid water shot out from the five open pores on the frontal half of its body. The instant it had fired off the high-pressure shot, it slipped its body back outside of its shell’s holes, only pausing to shake its head to rid itself of the debris raining down from the ceiling above. All exposed pores were once again plugged snuggly, including the fifth which had quickly regenerated its lost limb.
Due to the number of civilians injured during the sudden outbreak of rifts, a handful of medical tents had been set up a safe distance away from the shopping center. Agents Haphaestus and Hunter arrived with three civilians in tow: the two they had contacted in the food court and another they had picked up on the way. Though his senses were muddled, the Asteran youth (who introduced himself as Jaye) managed to point out the location of the third injured civilian who hadn’t made it out during the initial evacuation. Fortunately, the young woman had merely sprained her ankle, but the injury along with the fright induced by encountering a monster so close had rooted her to her previous hiding spot. The sprain was quickly fixed with magic, and the group of five’s attending medic quickly turned her attention back to Jaye and the two agents.

The dragonborn with two coral-like horns crowning her blue hair rose from where she had been previously kneeling.
“You have a rib fracture, but it’s nothing an Asterid can’t patch up easily,”
she said. Despite her reassuring words, her lips which were turned down into a frown delivered her displeasure loud and clear.
“That is, if you’ve been eating properly,”
she continued with a sharp tone dripping with disapproval,
“Keep the area iced. I’ll call for someone to bring a blood pack shortly.”

After confirming that Hephaestus was unharmed, the blue-haired woman gave Hunter a brief once over. Unfortunately, she was no engineer, only being able to suggest that the agent remain behind in wait for transport back to headquarters for repairs. A call for “Dr. Yu” from another medic drew the dragonborn away from Kappa-101’s side, leaving the newcomers to their own devices.

Back in the food court where Agent Reaper had remained stationed, the giant snake had quickly recovered from its stunned state to take advantage of the arachnid’s paralysis. With some difficulty, it had managed to make steady progress on crushing the armored carapace within its tight coils. Far too concerned with finishing off the crippled spider in its grip, the snake failed to notice the Phantasma keeping an eye on its movements nor the faint, muffled sneeze from the vent above the nearby Chinese food stall.
-->

heath

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

The NBHD

Let It Go

Sensing his grasp on the Voidland Wolves falter, Heath ceased his humming and his eyes snapped open. The tether linked between him and his squad broke like snipping frayed strings from a sweater. Masking their presence no longer served a point. The wolves knew they were there, and Heath was quick to pick up the rising hostility emanating from the wolves.

His head dipped in a nod, which signaled he was on a similar page with Asanah. Heath stood up from his kneeled position; his gloved hand adjusted the tie wrapped around his neck.
"Allow me to assist you, my darling,"
he said cooly. Usually, he'd have his oh-so captivating grin and a pleasant comment to soothe the dire situation. However, he was giving off a displeased aura for some unbeknownst reason.

"I'm missing an important tournament match starring my Little Ones,"
he pouted to himself, regret weighed heavily in his core. Oh well... These vermin will suffice as punching bags for his ruined plans.

Heath proceeded to follow Asanah in her pursuit of the Alpha. He remained at a safe distance from Asanah and the pack. From his new vantage point, Heath extended his hand in the direction of the Alpha. Grey smoke surged from his fingertips. With his other hand, he guided the smoke using his index, middle finger, and thumb. It weaved through the pack like a delicately woven thread. His fingers swirled, causing the smoke to circle within the ice cage. The smoke grew bigger and denser under his influence. With a keen eye, Heath waited for a window of vulnerability to present itself.

Heath's jaw clenched as it monitored Asanah duck and weave around the other wolves. Knowing not to underestimate his captain, he remained in his position and waited for his chance to strike. The hand that guided the smoke had been pulled back as if Heath was imitating the motion of withdrawing the string of a bow. The other hand, which supplied the smoke circulating in the cage, pointed at its target.

"Darl-,"
Heath cleared his throat,
"Captain! You need to get out of there in the next three seconds!"
His smoke, like hungry demons searching for a soul, would seep into the victim's system and attack their muscles until they're immobilized.

Not wishing to miss his window, Heath released the hand holding the imaginary string. The smoke in the cage pulsed like a heartbeat and soon the Alpha, who was at the heart of Heath's assault, will begin to be attacked from the inside out.

♡coded by uxie♡

Monday, 4 March 2047
Rook
N8:Luke
“Of course, Captain,”
Rook responded tonelessly, almost as if Asanah had pressed a button to a prerecorded message. Regardless of her previous track record of ignoring such comments, the Anima shook his head and delivered a remark of his own,
“If only you’d be just as dedicated to writing reports in a way others could understand.”

While observing the fight progress, an amused
“Oh?”
escaped Rook’s lips as he witnessed the beginnings of an Alpha consuming the mana of its fallen kin. Though their captain’s quick thinking had cut the process short and spared them the trouble of facing a far more powerful foe, he couldn’t help but wish she’d failed. After all, it was a rare opportunity to personally record a Voidland Wolf’s crude sacrificial ritual. No matter. Their duty was to eradicate all threats as efficiently as possible.

Rook idly hefted a ball of ice in his left hand whilst Nu-8’s captain wove past the snapping jaws of the two smaller wolves to head straight for the Alpha. Attempting to frost their paws down to the floor again was likely a futile effort, as the Alpha would simply melt it away. He also wasn’t too keen on wearing down the mall’s cultured marble tiles by icing it multiple times. If he were to stun one of the wolves, he was sure that Asanah would easily punt it somewhere far away without sacrificing any attention required to focus on the Alpha. Though Asa’s interruption and Haze’s smoke had worn it down, it appeared that complete immobilization would take a few minutes longer. The otherwise sluggish Alpha would have to be dealt with before it got desperate.

With his mind made, the brunette pitched the ice right for the smaller wolf that was attempting to latch onto the Sylvan with its teeth. Though the ball hurtled with blinding speed towards Asanah’s shoulder, moving slightly out of the way meant it would smash painfully into the side of the wolf’s head. He trusted her, of course, and the specific trajectory he chose certainly wasn’t purposeful in the slightest.
#kim
#asanah
#heathcliff

scroll
Eclipse

Mall, Second Floor food court

Vent Guy+Dumbass Snake

"And thus, entropy is born! Your crime is existence, fiend! Thy punishment..."
Eclipse spun her newly spawned energy scythe around her telekinetically, stopping it when it was placed behind her form, its red glowing crescent faced tip first at the snake creature. "Is death!" She exclaimed dramatically, her voice louder than usual with a slight echo. There was no magic or enchantment involved, just a small voice changer that she had bought with her paycheck for this exact reason. The girl shrouded herself in the illusion of darkness and floated forth into the fray. Her scythe began to spin at a rapid pace, the glowing red crescent blade creating the red trace of a large circle. Crescent blades of the same color loosed themselves from the spinning scythe, dozens in number. They flew quickly through the air and struck against the skin of the snake beast. She doubted the blades would cause the snake anything more than mild discomfort; shooting them simply felt very cool. It was only then that her Demon's Chakra notice the lifeform shrouded in shadow in the vents above. A survivor, no doubt. How did they get into the vents, though. Eclipse brushed the thought aside and sent her scythe forward a few feet, the blade still spinning and letting loose a barrage of low impact attacks. Eclipse snapped a finger and a ultra-reality screen was created within the vent, hopefully within sight of the person in the vents. The screen itself was an illusory piece of parchment with words upon it written in red ink. The message read, 'I see you, mortal! Worry not for I seek not to destroy you. I shall facilitate your escape, are you able to move through the vents? Write now, upon this cursed parchment your answer. Trace your message with your puny finger and the parchment shall respond!' Eclipse continued her assault, hovering a few feet below the vent now. Keeping one eye on the inside of the vent and the other on the snake was a simple task for the phantasma, but she needed to make sure to stay close to the vent in order to be able to see the person within the vents. She wasn't a fan of being locked down like this, but such sacrifices had to be made.

AreSneksSly AreSneksSly Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire

♡coded by uxie♡

Users who are viewing this thread

Back