• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Beyond [CLOSED]

Fable

₮ⱧɆ ₥Ɏ₮Ⱨ, ₮ⱧɆ ⱠɆ₲Ɇ₦Đ, ₮ⱧɆ ₣₳฿ⱠɆ
Administrator
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Beyond

Humanity successfully created the first AI - artificial intelligence - over a century ago. At first AI's were limited to enclosed systems, but soon they were given a physical body to allow freedom of movement. At first, the AI's were clunky and often encountered issues due to programming errors. Perhaps it was due to the three laws of robotics that conflicted with the AI's need to learn that caused these errors.

AI focused industry grew exponentially as the demand for product only increased as android units were made more affordable and better quality. AI's were the new serving class; androids who could think, learn, and while they had some freewill, bound to obey their human masters.

This didn't stop the ever boundary pushing AI companies. The privately owned - and the most successful - AI company Coeus went against international regulations in one of their most recent experimental AI units. They removed the three laws protocol and servitude impulse drive. They created an AI with complete freewill.

The first unit, Muse A, was a male android. A few months later Muse B, the female android, was created. Both Muse A and B lived and learned within the unknown underground facility.They had been kept separate at first to allow their creators to compare their differences to the same scenarios, questions, and information. Seeing how both Muse A and Muse B have developed in unique ways, a new experiment was started.

Muse A and Muse B were introduced to each other, though they were kept physically apart, only able to see and speak to each other through sturdy safety glass. Eventually Muse A and Muse B were allowed to physically interact in an area named 'Eden' - named such in an ironic way. Eden is a large enclosed garden meant to simulate the nature above ground.

However, without the limitations of humanity, concerns about the project getting out of hand resulted in a demand of a 'killswitch' being added to both Muse A and Muse B as a security measure... and a way to exert control over the androids, who proved that without the three laws could be potentially lead to a new market of AI weaponry.

About This RP

I love drama and romance, so I would like there to be some elements of that within this RP setting. I would be Muse B, the female android. I do have a face claim already prepared.

We can start from when Muse A and Muse B first meet or even a bit later, however I would like to have the characters escape the facility together.

Since they are both androids, they are humanoid in appearance, though they are stronger, better, faster, smarter* than normal humans. However, they have no real world experience or know that other androids aren't like them.
  • A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
  • A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
  • A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
Preferences

This list may seem so long that i am being nit-picky, but I've just broken everything down into sections so that it is easier to locate. So hopefully this doesn't scare you away. Some of this is information is also about what you can expect from me as an RP partner.

Post Frequency
It would be great to get frequent posts, either once a day or every couple of days. Anything longer than one post a week wouldn't be ideal. Long time gaps between posts makes me feel as though interest is dwindling.

Post Length
I would like to have at least one paragraph posts. Anything shorter makes it hard to post a reply to if there is little to go off of.

Post Style
I type 3rd person past tense. This means that my posts read as though the were written for a book. I do not do first person or script style posts.

Grammar & Spelling
I'm fine with either real or anime face claims. As far as characters go, I don't need a detailed life history, a general history is fine. I like there to be some mystery to the characters that can be discovered through the RP rather than is just blatantly written in a character sheet.

Metagaming/Godmode
I'm not against powerful characters, but if they are never injured no matter what is thrown at them, we have a problem. Powers need to be balanced and reasonable! Metagaming also should not occur ( using OOC information IC ) unless we both agree that it's fine to bring into the RP with a reasonable explanation.

Dead Ends
If our characters just don't get along or interest is lost in the RP and we hit a dead end, we can end it. Just be honest if you are bored or just want to stop. I'll be honest on this as well.

Inactivity
If there is one thing that bothers me most, it is when a partner vanishes without a word and thus the RP dies. I am looking for a partner who is interested and invested in the RP and plans to stick around; a partner that will trudge through the low points of an RP and writer's block with me, not abandon it at the first sign of a struggle.

If something happens where you know you'll not be able to reply for a period of time, just let me know. Life happens. If I find I am unable to post, I'd do the same courtesy for you.

Additional Information

Romantic Pairings: I prefer M/F pairings.

Gender Preference & Doubling: I prefer to RP as a female character. And while usually I am open to doubling, this plot sort of revolves around the fact there are only two of them.

Plots: I generally try to not RP the same plot with multiple people due to the chance of getting them mixed up with each other, as well as the risk of losing interest very quickly over what I would call "plot burnout."

However, if you are very interested in a taken plot, don't be shy about asking on it. I could have simply not updated the status or I just might be willing to do another RP with the plot.

Character Plots: My characters for my RPs generally have their own little private plots that is connected to the main plot. These can be discussed OOC if you wish to do the same, but I consider that kinda of a plot spoiler.

hmm, so they have to survive with no knowledge of the world?
Well, no knowledge of the societal norms. They were in a set up environment where they learned things in a 'perfect' setting.

huh. alright, i'm interested. :p
You happen to have a writing sample? I've found that people interpret paragraphs differently and mine sometimes scare people away.

This is still open~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back