• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Beware the Frozen Heart (Open and Accepting)

UnknownRolePlayer said:
"Ow!" Jamie yelped and dropped him. She immediately regretted that and offered to help him up. "I'm Jamie, a human."
Frack snarled, and bit at her. "Piss off. You humans are all the same."

UnknownRolePlayer said:
"What the?!-" Jamie took her hand away. "I'm trying to be nice to you! Most people wouldn't!" She yelled at him.
"Why the hell were you picking me up? Uh?" Frack growled. He knew of kidnappings and selling people into slavery.

tumblr_lvuxesFKZM1qchudt.jpg
She heard more than saw someone approach her. Briefly she toyed with the idea of moving but aggressively shoved it aside. Moving was not a possibility at the moment. Hime let out a pained cry when her blood froze, even if was only for a short span of time and when it thawed again, she was shivering violently.

Rin came into view and Hime felt none of the underlying rage that had once raged when she thought of the prince. Instead she grimaced and looked up at him curiously as he spoke of her bleak outlook on life. As much as she would like to deny it, she squeaked when Rin scooped her up. She would also vehemently refuse to admit that she pulled closer when they passed through the walls. She was not accustomed to being able to phase through solid objects.

She winced as she opened her mouth to speak and found her throat to be raw. She coughed a few times to clear it and tried again. "What's this mirror you're talking about?" @DeadxPhoenix2661

UnknownRolePlayer said:
"BECAUSE I THOUGHT YOU WERE HURT!" Jamie yelled at him.
Frack bared his teeth, and swung his claws at the girl, trying to tear her clothes to pieces as a warning.

Pyra took out her whip and wrapped it round the boy's neck. Flames licked his skin and she smirked before shoving him back into the ground and putting it away.

"Normally, I would happily kill you for been so rude to my friend but these flames are for that cold hearted bastard so I'll spare you," She glared before turning on her heel. "Come on, Jamie. Clearly he doesn't know when people are been nice,"

@UnknownRolePlayer @DaManofWar

Rin smirked as he put her down before walking over to a cloth covered object. He pulled it off, revealing a large but broken ornate mirror with an inscription round it.

"This mirror... it's magical.... legend tells that it was the very mirror winter herself owned," He replied, carefully stroking the edges. "It belonged to my father... but as you can see it is shattered,"

He gently touched the cracks.

"My father died in front of it. The sword impaled him impaled it and caused it to explode..." He smiled softly. "The shards flew out and landed into the hearts of people turning their outlook on life bitter, cold and twisted... one of the shards fell into the heart of the king who murdered my father and all these people who seek me out have a piece in their heart. They want to melt my heart or kill me because they blame me for their sudden and bleak view but its really the shard of the mirror inside their hearts that causes them to look at life like that. I've been trying to complete it,"

@Genieva Von Bubbles

Frack snarled, and gripped at the whip around his neck. He shot a fireball at the girl who had attacked him. "Hard to trust humans when they treat my people as slaves," he growled, and tore at the flame whip, summoning his fire magic.

@UnknownRolePlayer @DeadxPhoenix2661

Last edited by a moderator:
tumblr_m59n5048ns1qhfjsoo1_500.png
Hime stood a few feet from Rin, one eyebrow quirked as he explained what the mirror was. She felt a pang, when he mentioned his father's death, but then remembered that he probably didn't care about it. She stepped up next to him and scrutinized the mirror. It was a beautiful mirror, even with all the cracks in it. However, despite its cracks, she didn't quite believe that one of its shards was lodged in her.

"So...are you planning on ripping this shard out of my heart? Because that's just cold your highness, that's cold." She grinned slyly and breathed out a chuckle.

She brushed a frail hand through her dark hair and cocked her head to the side contemplating herself in the mirror. With a shrug she flung her arms out to the sides as an invitation for him to try. @DeadxPhoenix2661

Jamie quickly threw two knives at him. They flew next to him, pinning his shirt to the ground. She gripped more so hard her knuckles turned white. She did the same as Lyra, glancing back at the male one last time.

@DaManofWar @DeadxPhoenix2661

Rin chuckled but shook his head.

"Oh believe me when it's time, it will leave you. As the other pieces left the others. You see I only had a hand in freezing them. Their hearts were already bitter and cold. The shards and myself are drawn to those hearts because of the cold inside," He chuckled. "That's why people fear and hate me. Because they are just as cold and twisted as I am. Our only difference is that I'm not ashamed of it. I live in a bitter truth while they live in a beautiful lie,"

@Genieva Von Bubbles

Pyra aimed her whip between the two fighters before clearing her throat.

"As much as I love a good fight, I'd rather save it for that icy bastard!" She growled, lowering her whip.

@UnknownRolePlayer @DaManofWar

"You live in a bitter something that's for sure." She grinned, letting her arms fall back down to her sides and turned to appraise herself in the mirror yet again. Had she always been so thin? She looked so exhausted, and almost skeletal.

Hime gently traced the dark bags under her eyes before grimacing and turning away from the mirror and her unappealing reflection.Generally she wasn't one to care about her looks, but as she was currently sporting several detriments to her own health, she was keen on knowing them. Hime briefly entertained the idea that she may not even be alive long enough to be upset about her health, but vehemently brushed it away.

She was starting to rethink her previous ideal, of dying and not having to return to Ornduin.@DeadxPhoenix2661

"The Others may have shards in their hearts too," Rin continued, looking over at Hime before moving away from the mirror and her. He flopped on his throne and put his feet up. "Tell me about your homeland, Hime. I'm curious of what it is like to live in summer,"

He wasn't really. He just wanted to hear her talk. Of all the people who had come here seeking him, she was the most interesting. Someone with a cold heart but still feeling. None of the others were like that. They were too far gone but not Hime. There was hope for her yet and if there was hope for her, maybe there was hope for Rin too. Not that he would ever voice it. 

@Genieva Von Bubbles

Hime watched with an amused look as Rin sank into his chair. For someone so cold and calculating, he sure let his guard down easy. Did he forget that Hime was a trained fighter? Not that it mattered because she had long forgone any thought of trying to kill him. It was really just the principle of it. With a huff and a shake of her dark locks, the petite woman padded over to the throne and sank to the ground only a foot away. She laid on her back looking up at the sloping ceiling and rested her thin hands on her stomach as she thought of what details to share of Ornduin.

"It's really not all that spectacular, if I'm being honest. Rolling green hills as far as you can see, dense forests that a lot of kids played in all the time." Hime barked a laugh at the thought and began to animatedly gesture with her hands, telling a tale from her early childhood. "I got so lost one day, gods you should've seen me! I was covered in brambles and was being chased by a bunch of really pissed off bees, not to mention I'd managed to anger a bunch of the older boys in the village so they were chasing me too." She sighed and frowned, all amusement from before fading fast. "My father was the one who found me, covered in prickers and stings and crying because one of the older kids got in a cheap shot. He wasn't real happy about the waterworks."

She let her hands rest again and closed her eyes briefly before continuing. "Anyways, summer is hot, like everyone's gotta walk around half naked or run the risk of catching on fire. It's pretty indecent." A goofy smirk gripped her sad features and she tilted her head back to look at Rin with a narrowed gaze. "Why haven't you tried going anywhere else? 'Fraid you'll melt?" 

Rin closed his eyes as he listened to Hime. Her stories brought a smile to his lips as she spoke of summer and the dense forests then she asked if why he hadn't left this place.

"No I'm not afraid of melting," He chuckles. "I just don't want to leave her..."

Her. The reason why he became this. 

"Once this was a great city with a bustling population and a great river that ran through it. The markets had so many people there. I use to sneak out to go there,"

@Genieva Von Bubbles

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_filename_640.jpg

When Rin started speaking, his tone had changed. He wasn't so regal anymore or stiff. He seemed at ease and she fleetingly wondered if it had to do with his fondness of this "her". Whether he was talking about the city itself or a woman was unclear.

Hime hummed softly in response to let him know she was listening as he told his tale. A sudden chill wracked through her and it occurred to her that she had nothing on that was really suitable for this environment. She was wrapped in her travel gear, thin billowy fabric that was meant to ease the ache of travel rather than be a sufficient provider of insulation.

She turned to her side and curled inwards, hoping to conserve heat that way. She didn't want to break out of his reverie, risking his peaceful mood. Not to mention he didn't seem so pained in this moment and although she just met him, relief of past hauntings was something she oft wished for everyone.

"Mm sneaking off to do something fun? Sounds like something we have in common, how funny."  She breathed, visualizing the river and market and suddenly she smiled gently. "You must have been an energetic child. Continue with your story, it sounds like a great place, this city."

@DeadxPhoenix2661

Rin looked over at Hime and smiled.

"I was a rebellious child with no interest in ruling. I just wanted to have fun so I would sneak out and travel around the markets. That was where I met her. She was the kindest person one could ever meet," He smiled. "I was 11 when I first met her and we became friends but as we grew older, it went from been a friendship to been something more. I fell in love with her, despite her been a servant girl. We planned to run away together..."

He frowned.

"And then the war came," He said bitterly. "That bastard of a king wanted our land for his own and his army descended on our city. In one night, everything changed. The city was ablaze, children screaming, women dying. I remember fighting off his army, trying to find her but when I did, I was too late,"

@Genieva Von Bubbles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back