• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea: Black Crusade, Hive Mutant Edition

Hellkite: you also can reroll either or both of those if you'd rather.

EDIT: Don't tempt me to stab you, Rowgen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got Animal Hybrid and I'm actually pretty fine with that. I have to roll for which animal I am mixed with, aww yeah.

[dice]3624[/dice]

Ooh... I'll take Vampiric Addiction (got a little crew of addicts forming xD ) and reroll the other one. 2 secs...

[dice]3625[/dice]

Got an addiction and a vampiric addiction... Maybe my character should favour Slaanesh then? :P

Well...you can either take an Addiction...or roll 1d10 for an animal for your Animal Hybrid.

Nevermind. I'm slooow.

It could be a few days. I'm in the middle of preparing to move and settling into a new house today and tomorrow, and for a bit my internet service is going to be spotty.

[QUOTE="Thief of Words]It could be a few days. I'm in the middle of preparing to move and settling into a new house today and tomorrow, and for a bit my internet service is going to be spotty.

[/QUOTE]
No problem, gives me time to think about character specifics. Good luck with the move!

So I have two concepts:

Crazed Charismatic Artist

-Steel-Hearted

-Icon of Blasphemy (Shadow rises up into a terrible,vast damonic form)

Flaming Warp Wych

-Steel-Hearted

-Burning Skull (Oh my the Pyromancy benefits of a perpetual flame source)

Thoughts?

I'm pretty confident with either option; personally I was thinking of playing a Renegade - a super-charged street thug with a (literal!) thirst for blood. I know that VisionImp was looking at a psyker, though, so you might take that up with him. Both concepts sound cool, though! :D

Atm I'm planning on creating a sneaky/manipulative Apostate,or some sort of supportive Heretek, although atm am definitely leaning towards the Heretek, just need to nail down a concept for it. I reckon both of your ideas could be pretty awesome tho!

A point: if you go the heretek route, you weren't a born mutant. You were mutated by exposure to the various chemical byproducts of the planet's industries.

[QUOTE="Thief of Words]A point: if you go the heretek route, you weren't a born mutant. You were mutated by exposure to the various chemical byproducts of the planet's industries.

[/QUOTE]
Sounds good, actually suits my character as a vermin-hybrid just fine

@Thief of Words I think I did this right; my primary concern being if I've done my acquisitions correctly (two due to my Infamy bonus, Best Craftsmanship Chainsword and Helmet Augmentations).

Let's play "Spot the Dump-stat!"

Player: Rowgen

Character: Brother Blood

Archetype: Renegade

Pride: Martial Prowess (+5 WS, -5 INT)

Disgrace: Hubris (+2 INF, -4 INT)

Motivation: Legacy (+2 INF, -4 INT)

Characteristics:

WS: 49

BS: 40

S: 40

T: 40

AG: 38

INT: 19

PER: 37

WP: 34

FEL: 34

INF: 25

Skills:

Common Lore: Imperium (INT)

Common Lore: Imperial Guard (INT)

Common Lore: War (INT)

Scholastic Lore: Tactica Imperialis (INT)

Linguistics: Low Gothic (INT)

Trade: Armourer (INT)

Athletics (S)

Awareness (PER)

Dodge (AG)

Parry (WS) +10

Operate: Surface (AG)

Intimidate (S)

Survival (PER)

Medicae (INT)

Talents:

Jaded

Quick Draw

Rapid Reload

Weapon Training: Chain

Weapon Training: Flame

Weapon Training: Las

Weapon Training: Primary

Weapon Training: SP

Weapon Training: Bolt

Two-Weapon Fighting: Melee

Catfall

Sure Strike

Double Team

Ambidextrous

Flesh Render

Berserk Charge

Traits:

Unnatural Strength: +2

The Quick and the Dead

Special Ability:

Adroit: Strength

Gear:

Best Craftmanship Chainsword

Best Craftmanship Chainsword

Best Craftsmanship Lasgun

Bolt Pistol

Heavy Carapace

Helmet Augmentation

Medikit

Dataslate: Tactica Imperialis

Wounds:

Total: 13

Current: 13

Infamy:

Total: 2

Current: 2

Corruption and Insanity:

Corruption: 0

Insanity: 0

Gifts of the Gods:

Chaos Organ (Unnatural Strength: +2)

Vampiric Addiction

Experience:

Experience earned: 1000

Experience unspent: 0

Experience total: 1000

Advances:

Two-Weapon Wielder: Melee Talent - Tier 2 - 500 XP

Flesh Render Talent - Tier 1 - 250 XP

Berserk Charge Talent - Tier 1 - 250 XP

Alignment:

Khorne: 2

Nurgle: 0

Tzeentch: 0

Slaanesh: 0

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay. For anyone still interested, I'm setting up the thread here: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/between-the-devil-and-the-deep-blue-sea-black-crusade-hive-mutant-edition.92313/

It will take me a while to ferret out exactly what rules changes I'm making to character creation to reflect your lowly status. First off: expect your gear to be kind of crap, and you will probably have less of it. You're under the underhive. Much of what you can get your hands on had to be stolen or salvaged somewhere between its creation and it ending up in the hands, tentacles, claws, or other appendages of a mutant. Second: your starting skills will vary from the base, barring sufficient backstory justification. I will go into the specifics of that in the character creation tab...as soon as I figure out precisely what those are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back