• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Between Knights and Druids

Do you like Druids or Knights?

• Total voters

FrostXShadow

Lord of Snow
I've been wanting to do a new type of roleplay so I looked around and saw that barely anyone did anything revolving around Arthurian legend...... so if anyone would be interested I have a few ideas.

Long after the death of the great King Arthur. A Usurper takes over the throne and takes control over the knights. Under the rule of Arthur the druids were able to safely practice their magic and worship their gods but under this new kings rule, he belives everyone should believe in his god( Christian religion) so he makes it his goal to either kill the druids or force them to give up their religion and adopt the kings religion. And of course the druids do not like this so they decide to retaliate, using their vast knowledge of the arcane and mystical arts to fight the knights and king in order to keep their lands and worship their gods.

In this roleplay you have four choices of factions
The knights: loyal to the king and attacks druids on orders and for fun
Kings servants: serving the kings whims
Camelot citizens: as a citizen of Camelot you don't have a say in anything but most of them tend to dislike the kings views. Some even practice magic
The druids: masters of the mystic arts, fighting for their right to live and practice magic.

I will need someone to play the kings and his wife and children (and mistress) but it's first come first serve.

I will be playing a Druid chieftain
I want to keep the amount of knights and druids at a fair amount (there should not be 50 druids and only 3 knights)

More details will be posted if people are interested in this idea.

xpstitch xpstitch SarachaSauz06 SarachaSauz06

ooc chat link: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/camelot-divided-ooc.348639/#post-8096736

Last edited:
yay!! type if character would you like to play? also if you could invite some people that would be great
Most likely a druid of some description. Beyond that would likely depend in large part on the general tone of the rp and the other characters, although I would likely lean more dark style magic.

I'm interested! I'd like to play the king's wife or mistress, but I see that amxlia amxlia beat me to replying. So whichever one they don't take, I'd love to play! (Honestly, I'd be happy as anyone. Those roles just stood out to me.)

curious! i'd be interested in playing the king's wife/mistress or just a citizen of camelot

I'm interested! I'd like to play the king's wife or mistress, but I see that amxlia amxlia beat me to replying. So whichever one they don't take, I'd love to play! (Honestly, I'd be happy as anyone. Those roles just stood out to me.)

well you two can work that out if you would like, and remember to invite people to join

dude, druid life for me please, although I'd love to play both sides if that's possible X3

Wow I am surprised people are taking interest, I will try to have the actual rp up some time tomorrow( it is 9:36pm for me) do I a just working everything and getting everything ready

Let me know how many Druids to Knights there are, cause I would like to be a Druid, but I'll go Knight if you need balance.

Ummm, sure, no problem. I'll work on them now. Are there any Knight folk open that are absolutely needed?

I'm intrigued... Would it be possible to play a Camelot citizen who's the apprentice to a druid/seeking to become one to learn how to master their magic?

yes it is possible, but where would your loyalty be? are you learning magic to fight on the side of the king? like a fight fire with fire type thing? do you fight for yourself or do you fight for the druids?

It would probably start out as something more like curiosity. How does my magic work? Why do I have it? How can I use it without injuring people I don't want to injure? And since I presume magic users are being hunted down, the character would want to learn magic for their own survival at first. You know, preferring not to die at the hands of people they never met but want them dead just because they happen to have magical powers... And then, when the character finds a cause they consider worth fighting for, fight for that cause. Most likely the druids... unless drama happens and the character is bound to choose between factions. then it could get interesting and fun. Where will true loyalty be when you're confronted with morals? I'm just going to assume for now the character will fight for the druids. But should things change during the RP, only for logical plot reasons, I would always first PM you and discuss things before just doing my own thing ^_^

Small "warning" note: I tend to spot plot hooks in sometimes the tiniest things that could give stories an interesting twist. I always discuss said ideas with the GM first before writing it/making it canon.... But it's happened on a few occasions that I came with ideas that made it into main plots... To the point where I was co-plotting with the GM. Should this happen during the RP, please don't take it as offense or me trying to hijack your work. I'm just thinking along and hoping to make the story more immersive/epic/dramatic/you get it ^_^

So while I was writing this and the last post regarding possibilities with my character, I already developed another plan or two... three.... Ah, being a huge fan of RP and writer.... my mind sometimes works quick, especially when I can build off an existing idea.... *glares at the few lines that should turn into a story I"m making up on my own here*

I'm intrigued... Would it be possible to play a Camelot citizen who's the apprentice to a druid/seeking to become one to learn how to master their magic?
It would probably start out as something more like curiosity. How does my magic work? Why do I have it? How can I use it without injuring people I don't want to injure? And since I presume magic users are being hunted down, the character would want to learn magic for their own survival at first. You know, preferring not to die at the hands of people they never met but want them dead just because they happen to have magical powers... And then, when the character finds a cause they consider worth fighting for, fight for that cause. Most likely the druids... unless drama happens and the character is bound to choose between factions. then it could get interesting and fun. Where will true loyalty be when you're confronted with morals? I'm just going to assume for now the character will fight for the druids. But should things change during the RP, only for logical plot reasons, I would always first PM you and discuss things before just doing my own thing ^_^
Small "warning" note: I tend to spot plot hooks in sometimes the tiniest things that could give stories an interesting twist. I always discuss said ideas with the GM first before writing it/making it canon.... But it's happened on a few occasions that I came with ideas that made it into main plots... To the point where I was co-plotting with the GM. Should this happen during the RP, please don't take it as offense or me trying to hijack your work. I'm just thinking along and hoping to make the story more immersive/epic/dramatic/you get it ^_^

So while I was writing this and the last post regarding possibilities with my character, I already developed another plan or two... three.... Ah, being a huge fan of RP and writer.... my mind sometimes works quick, especially when I can build off an existing idea.... *glares at the few lines that should turn into a story I"m making up on my own here*
I already really like your style stranger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back