• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Betrayal of a Marine

*click* Luke hung up. Sera leaped up, marched over to Connie, grabbed her, and dragged her into the elevator.

"Wuhh?" was all Connie had to say. Sera looked into her eyes, tears shining.

"He knows. He found out. Peter said something."

"Oh no, honey, oh noo, I'm so sorry. Oh my gosh..."

Connie maneuvered them to a reclusive spot outside. She let Sera cry her eyes out.

After she was done, Connie handed her a tissue dug out from her pocket. "It's clean, I promise. Now, is there anything I can get you?"

Right then, Sera's stomach growled. "Umm.. Some food, probably. I haven't eaten."

"All right, what do you want?" Connie asked.

"Oh, I don't know... everything I usually eat's been making me nauseous. I don't know why. So I haven't really been eating... but I've been gaining weight and it's driving me crazy, I don't know what's up." She looked up from her tissue to see Connie staring at her once again. "What?"

"You- you're not hungry, getting nauseous, and gaining weight mysteriously?"

"Um, yeah..."

"Sera... did you, um, did you miss a period?"

"Yeah..."

"Oh, God... Sera, I'm pretty sure you're pregnant."

Luke took his little boy home with some chicken nuggets. Aiden munched on them smiling all the way home. He chuckled and patted his head. He pulled in the drive and got him out of the car seat. He took him inside with a McDonald's bag in one hand.

He walked up the steps and took him inside putting him in his chair. He kissed his head and walked into the kitchen for a plate.

"Thank you daddy!" Aiden said mouth full of chicken.

(Sorry, my WiFi's been all over the place, we just had a huge storm)

"Pregnant?" Sera exclaimed. "I am NOT... Just because I've been kind of sick... Doesn't mean... No."

Connie raised an eyebrow.

"I'm on birth control. It can't have-"

"Birth control isn't 100% effective, Sera."

Sera's breathing became restricted. She felt like the world was crashing down.

"No, we can't be for sure. I'm just sick, that's all."

"Dizziness? Nausea? Sensitivity to smells? Unnatural weight gain? Mood changes? Missed period? Fatigue-"

"Stop. I get it. But that all could just be a virus or something."

"Sera, no. Denying it won't help anything."

"CONNIE. MY HUSBAND JUST CAME BACK FROM WAR. I CAN NOT BE PREGNANT."

Connie looked extremely surprised by the outburst. She sniffed.

"Sera, take a pregnancy test. Please. You can see if I'm wrong. If not, then you'll have more time to think of what to do. Okay?"

Sera bit her lip. "...Okay..."

Luke ate his hamburger and then went into the other room with his boy and turned on cartoons for him. They laid on the floor together Aiden laying on his chest like he used to when he was rally little. He was fully content to have his daddy and curious George. Luke looked at the clock seeing Sera would be home soon. Hopefully she wouldn't think he was begging needy by bringing up the distance he had felt between them since he got back. He hoped she wasn't thinking of divorce or something like that. He couldn't live without her or his little boy. Thinking about it made him kiss Aidens head. He could never live with out his little boy.

"How long do we wait? I never took a test for Aiden."

Connie had run out and purchased a pregnancy test for Sera. She had peed on the stick, now she just had to wait.

"Three to five minutes."

"Uuuugh..."

The two sat silent for a minute. Connie looked like she wanted to say something, and she kept opening her mouth, turning to Sera, changing her mind, and turning away.

Finally, Sera asked, "What?"

"Oh, uh, it's just... what's going to happen if you are pregnant? With Luke?"

"Connie, I don't know... Nothing will happen, since I am not pregnant."

"I'm just making sure, Sera."

"I know. Thanks for looking out for me, but I'm okay by myself."

The two friends once again sat in silence, waiting the remainder of the time.

"Is it-?" Sera squeaked. Surprised by the fear in her own voice, she cleared her voice and tried again. "Is it ready?"

"I- I think so." Connie answered. "Do you want to or, do you want me to...?"

"Umm.." Sera was suddenly very nervous. She didn't think she could check. "Could you...?"

"Yeah. No problem..." Connie said. She stepped up and peered at the result. By the look on her face, Sera already knew the answer.

Luke fell asleep with Aiden on his chest after the third repeat of the same curious George episode on Netflix. He hadn't slipped into sleep so easy in two years and while he slept it was nothing but darkness no dreams to speak of some how Aidens pressure on his chest and the rhythm of his little heart kept him calm enough to just sleep. Aiden fell asleep soon too lulled by the pounding of his father's heart against his ear.

Sera breathed deeply as she stood outside the door. After learning that she was, in fact, pregnant, she couldn't bring herself to open the door. She was already an hour over the time she was expected to be home.

Back at work, Connie had asked if she was going to tell him.

Sera hadn't answered her. She didn't know.

She finally built up the courage and pushed open the door. She saw nothing. She heard nothing. Maybe Luke took Aiden somewhere? She called out for them. "Luuuuke? Aiiideeen?" No answer. She peeked into the dining room. No one. Kitchen was also empty. Luke's car was in the garage, but he was not. No sign in the dining room. Her room was empty. Aiden's was desolate. Wait-

There they were, in the living room. She had passed by it earlier, but a couch blocked the view of them. Aiden was snuggled up against Luke's sleeping form. Sera bit her lip and turned away. How could she hurt this man?

Luke slowly opened his eyes hearing his wife. He cradled Aiden who was still sleeping as he sat up slowly. He looked at Sera and smiled he looked sleepy and for some reason when he first woke up he always looked younger. He yawned and stood slowly so he wouldn't wake Aiden. "I'm gonna take him upstairs, so we can talk." He whispered to her then walked carefully up the stairs on silent feet. He walked Aiden to his room and laid him in his Lego race car bed. He kissed his head and looked at him for a moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back