• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Betrayal of a Marine

Aiden bust into the garage and almost gave Luke a heart attack. He dropped the wrench he was holding and it flanked around in the engine until it fell to the floor. He just smiled when his son ran over to him. He scooped him up and the little boy hugged his neck. "Mommy made us breakfast!" Luke smiled and walked him inside setting him in his chair he kissed his head and looked at Sera. "I'm gonna go wash up real quick."

Sera nodded at him and he walked off. "Aiden, honey, come sit down." Her son sits and starts shoveling food on his plate. "Slow down! Slow down! Wait for your father to get some!" she laughs. Like Aiden, she's also hungry, having skipped dinner in all the excitement the night before, but she's noticed a bit of weight creeping into her belly recently. She wonders why. She hadn't changed her food consumption recently. Maybe it's just stress. She's been under quite a bit of stress lately. That's probably it. Also, that's probably why she suddenly got sick. She lets out a relieved sigh, having just (presumably) solved the mystery of her recent state.

He scrubbed himself relatively fast then changed into old clothes. His shirt were fighters then they used to be, they clung to his new muscle. He pulled on some loose jeans and walked back to the kitchen. He smiled and sat next to Aiden kissing his head. He piled his plat and started eating. He was also shoveling, out of habbit. In the marines you had to eat a lot and eat fast if you wanted to eat all. Aiden laughed at him.

Sera held off Aiden as they waited for Luke. He strolled out in a considerably small looking shirt and baggy jeans. She raised an eyebrow at him, but he didn't notice, kissing Aiden. He sat nice enough, but then out of nowhere he basically scraped everything off the platters and began scooping large forkloads into his mouth. She looked at her son, flabbergasted, who seemed to be enjoying the view. He was laughing, which made her crack a smile, too.

Sera choked back a laugh. "Like father, like son, I guess." She bit her lip to stop from bursting out laughing.

He looked up and rubbed the back of his neck. "Sorry." He laughed and pulled on his tight shirt. "Guess that's why ny clothes don't fit." He looked at Aiden and made a funny face at him. The little boy laughed and then mimiced his dad as he ate. He chuckled and looked at Sera. "Sorry." He laughed again looking at Aiden again.

Sera shook her head in good nature and chuckled. She looked at her two boys shoveling food into their faces. She could barely touch her own. She just picked at it while waves of nausea overtook her.

She looked at the time. "Oh my God!" She exclaimed. "Aiden's gonna be late for school! And I'm going to be late for work!" Sera jumped up and began clearing off plates.

Luke stood and picked up Aiden. "You just go get ready I'll get Aiden ready." He smiled and walked over to her, he almost kissed her but though about he being repulsed by him yesterday. He swallowed then turned away walking up the stairs. He walked to Aidens bedroom and they packed up his back pack and everything before coming back down stairs.

Sera rushed to her room. She threw on a white button-up shirt(which was tighter than she remembered-she needed to start dieting, she thought), a black blazer, black slacks, and black high heels. She was a secretary at a relatively calm office. She didn't really have to do much more that sort out her boss's meetings and direct calls. She quickly put on makeup and threw her hair up in a tight, neat ponytail. She grabbed her purse, which was hanging on the limb of a chair, and briskly walked to the front room. "I'll drop Aiden off on my way to work." Sera told Luke.

"Alright, I guess I'll see you guys around." He chuckled and gave Aiden a kiss. He didn't move to give her one, he just turned around walked to the charge to finish his Chevy. He was meeting with a few spec. Ops. Guys from his squad later. The would have a few beers then head off to the gun range.

Sera buckled Aiden in, then got in herself. She drove to his preschool and did her best to avoid his teacher. No such luck. He looked her right in the eyes. She quickly whipped her head around and left. She sped to her work, barely making it on time. She plopped down in her secretary desk chair. Her best friend, Connie, strolled up to her desk and handed her a coffee. "Heya, Sera. How's it going today?" Sera blew air out of her mouth slowly and took a long sip of coffee.

"Guess what? You'll never believe it."

"What?"

"Luke came home last night."

"NO WAAAAY."

Sera and Connie told each other everything. Connie helped Sera with Aiden when she could and kept Sera company. So, that meant she knew about the affair.

"Shit, did you tell him?" Connie asked, eyes wide.

"No... I... I don't think I should."

Connie's lips became a thin line. She shook her head. "I really feel like this is going to come back to bite you in the ass."

(Omg sorry I thought I replied, my bad!)

When Luke was done he went upstairs and showered again just to get all the oil off him then he dug through his clothes for something that would fit. He sighed when he had no such luck he made a mental note to go shopping. He was very differently shaped since he'd been home.

He walked down the stairs and grabbed the keys to Chevy. He opened the garage then hoped in his truck to meet up with his buddies at the bar. He was the first to arrive so he ordered the first round of beers. Trigger was the first to arrive, he still had that intensely white toothed grin and green eyes full of mischief. Chief and Texas were next. Texas had been true to his word and wore cow boy boots and a giant bel buckle where chief was more low profile with aviators and a leather jacket. He greeted them all wit a salute and a grin.

(All good!)

"Hun, I really think you should tell him." Connie spoke.

Sera dropped her head into her arms. "Con, he just got back from WAR. He doesn't need anything else to stress him out. I mean, it'd be different if I had cheated on him while he was away on a business trip for his nice, quiet office job. But that was far from a nice, quiet office job."

Connie made a noise of agreement. "That's true..."

"It's not a big deal, Connie. I mean, it is- but like... it's a big deal but we don't need to make a big deal out of it." Sera shook her head and dropped into her arms again.

"I hope you know what you're doing. I don't want to see a good marriage ruined."

"I know. Me neither. But it won't be ruined. Nothing's going to happen. I hope."

"How's the wife?" Trigger asked wiggling his eye brows. Luke shook his head and laughed.

"Shed probably rather die then do what you're thinking." Luke said his smile fading. Chief sipped his beer seeming to ponder it while Texas spoke.

"Seems to me like she needs to be reminded just how sexy you are Tank." Texas winked smiling and flashing his gold tooth. Chief snorted and his grey eyes held a smile even though his lips were stationary.

"I banged my woman the second I got home. Two years is a long time." Chief smirked at Trigger who had no woman to speak of. "For Trigger though that's average." Trigger scowledand just took a swig of his beer. Luke nodded thinking to himself, maybe she just didn't want him anymore. She just didn't wanna be the bitch who broke up with the man who just came back from war.

"Don't worry Tank," Texas slapped his back. "Your dry spell will end soon enough. You just have to make her want you." Teams winked flashing his gold tooth again.

Sera's day was going on as usual. She scheduled meetings, took calls, and tried to entertain herself. Getting a bit peckish from skipping breakfast, she reached for her purse to grab a piece of gum. Instead, she accidentally knocked it over. Its contents dropped all over the ground, "Shit," Sera expressed, and began picking everything up.

She quickly snatched up a fallen tampon, embarrassed. She shoved it back into her purse. Then she pulled it out again. She looked at it. She thought about it. She hadn't had her period. She was a month overdue... Sera shook her head. It had to be something that happened to women occasionally. She shoved it, and the rest of the spilled items, back into her purse and continued working.

Luke and his buddies parted ways with hugs and merry making. He got in his Chevy and honked at the trio as he turned toward home. He was thinking he would pick up Aiden today instead of having him in after care. He dialed Sera to let her know.

"Hey ba-sera. I'm gonna go get Aiden I wanna spend time with him. If that's ok." He turned on to the road the school was on. He wasn't sure if the teacher would be upset he wasn't on the pick up list. Aiden would surely cling to him as soon as he saw him though so he should be fine.

Sera was about to plug her dying cell phone into the charger when she got a call from Luke. She answered, hearing what Luke had to say. She panicked, knowing her phone would die in a second, "Luke, no! Plea-" beep, beep The phone was dead. She doubted it had lived long enough for him to hear her objection. She sank down in her chair, banging her head on the desk. She hoped Peter, Aiden's teacher, wouldn't say anything to Luke about what had happened between them.

Luke guessed her phone had died so he just pulled up to the school anyways. He got out of his Chevy and strapped the car seat into the passenger seat before he walked up to the gate.

"Can I help you?" Asked the security guard he was a rent a cop with aviators and Luke just smirked flashing his high security clearance id. This joke of a cop would never see such a high security clearance. He was let in and he walked down the hall looking for Aidens teachers name. He remembered from the things he helped Aiden pack into his back pack this morning. He found the door and opened it to the kids all coloring.

Bad scenarios kept running through Sera's head. She had told Peter that she had a husband and that their relationship was a mistake. Peter was angry and didn't take it well. He said that she had tricked him into falling in love with her, and he wouldn't let her go so easily.

"I fucked your wife, she loves me not you." was the line that kept running through her head. She could easily imagine Peter saying that. She hoped that maybe he could be a mature adult and realize that it wasn't his place to say. She hoped.

Aidens head shot up and he stood running over to Luke. "Daddy!" He yelled. Luke smiled and kneeled scooping him up in his arms. He kissed his head and rubbed his back.

"Hey buddy." The teacher. Mr. Peter walked over arms crossed. He stared at Luke with hatred even though Luke was sure he had never met him.

"Sir you can't be in here you are not on the list." Luke set Aiden down but Aiden cling to his leg. He straightened up and he was ahead taller than Peter. The teacher was pretty built for a teacher but Luke still out shined him by a lot.

"He's my son I've been gone that's why I'm not on the list." He tried to be polite. The teacher glared at him.

"You'll have to leave or I'll call security." He spat Luke narrowed his eyes.

"Sera?"

Sera jumped like 12 feet. "Connie! Oh, God, you scared me!"

Connie was staring at Sera with a weird expression on her face. Sera raised an eyebrow.

"You looked really... worried. Something happen?" Connie said slowly.

"Oh.... yeah... Luke went to go pick Aiden up at school... I didn't have a chance to tell him no."

"Oh, damn...Think Peter'll say anything?"

"I don't know..."

"How do you think I got inside if I wasn't authorized to be here." Luke spoke to him like he would to an insubordinate.He picked up Aiden again. "I'm with the United States Marines. Sargent first class Feller I have class 3 security clearance I think I can pick up my son from preschool." Luke all but growled before he turned and exited the room grabbing Aidens back pack on the way out. The teacher did nothing but stare at the empty door way angerly. Luke fished out his phone and dialed Connie he knew her well seeing as it was his wife's best friend.

"Hey Connie is there anyway you can get the phone to my wife for a moment I'd be very thankful."

"Ehh... yeah. Sure." Connie made an alarmed face at Sera and covered the phone's receptor. "It's Luke. He wants to talk to you."

Sera gaped at Connie. "He knows, oh my God, I bet he knows..." She held her breath and took the phone from Connie. "Heey, Luke..."

"Hey I guess your phone died or something, I just picked up Aiden." He walked him to his Chevy and strapped him in. "Want some chicken nuggets buddy?" He kissed his cheek as Aiden screamed. "Yes!"

He walked around to the other door and opened it he slid in and cranked the engine.

"When are you getting home? I think we need to talk."

Sera was relieved when she heard him talk happily to Aiden. Then came the we need to talk. Sera wanted to die. He knew. He KNEW. She was SURE he knew.

He knew. What was she going to do? She needed to think of what to say. She loved him, she missed him, she needed someone and he wasn't there. Sorry, I was lonely. He forced himself on me? No, no, she couldn't potentially get Peter in trouble for her mistake. Luke was going to hate her. She knew he was. She knew it. Oh my God, she knew he would never forgive her. "I- I'm getting home at- at five..." she whispered, suddenly unable to talk.

He noticed the change in her voice but ignored it. He could tell there was something she wasn't telling him. He pulled out of the school and heads to McDonald's. Aiden loved that place even when he had only two teeth in his mouth. Luke pulled up to the drive thru and asked for a moment.

"Ok I'll see you then, I'm getting Aiden a snack at McDonald's." Usually he would say, I love you but he just hung up and placed his order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back