Chitchat Best Childhood Memory

When I didn't pay bills, wasn't in debt, and didn't see myself as a complete loser.

Sorry I'm being negative. Best memory probably... shit I don't even know tbh. Probably Christmas time when I was like 7. I remember getting a PS2 and I was just the happiest kid on earth.

Honestly, I used to freak the hell out whenever we went to Chuck E. Cheese. Also loved Christmas/Halloween/etc.

To me it's a bit of a bittersweet memory now. It's a vague memory of me as maybe 6 or 7 years old at most, in front of a chalk board kinda lecturing my cousin about the origin of the planet or something. The guy just going "maybe God pooped the world" and me getting all angry. A bit later an adult comes in and tells me my cousin really looks up to me and had said something in class about me being the person he looks up to. I remembered that sense of accomplishment, pride and just general satisfaction, like I was doing great my job as the oldest.

Unfortunately, that hasn't really held up to the test of time, and I don't think my cousins nor my siblings hold the slightest candle of respect for me anymore. Quite possibly with good reason. So that is the happiest I remember being, but it also makes me a bit sad nowadays since I couldn't live up to it.

I have this great memory of being out on my grandma's porch while it was raining. Nothing particularly great or interesting was happening, but I can still smell the rain and mist. This memory is the reason I love petrichor so much.

It's such a simple, yet great, memory.

A rival to this memory would probably be the first Christmas that I can remember. The day was a great day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back