• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Beneath the Cosmos we Call Home [OOC - Open]

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I'm not sure where to start, but I think I'll start first with the original AI created to reboot life on Earth. I didn't include it since it was going to get over shadowed, but the original AI was retired after the discovery of the Black Hole. That said, it was reprogrammed to keep watch over the wildlife living in the Bio-domes, so although it's still around it's also been altered drastically; so to say some of its systems are buggy wouldn't be wrong. As for why androids weren't programmed with emotions to begin with, a large part was due to paranoia by ignorant civilians, the other part due to the fact that an android that went rogue would be very hard to subdue (They're cannonically over 8 feet tall and weigh over 300 pounds, so they're beefy enough to be a massive pain if they go rogue)
Pardon me but I think you’ve mistaken a robot for an android robots as a robot despite taking a human like appearance in some cases such as having arms and legs I wanted to play as an android which the definition is “(in science fiction) a robot with a human appearance” meaning that unlike a robot an android looks more like a human therefore having one 8 feet tall and over 300 pounds would most likely for the description of a robot more than an android. An android would most likely be about human size and weight as well as having some features of a human. In terms of A.I and having emotions humans tend to interact with things that seem more like a human. I mean look at the machines/A.I we already make now! Many of them have simulated emotions often even being good enough that for short amounts of time tricking some humans! Granted machines, robots or androids that work in labor which would obviously be a thing wouldn’t have emotions in fact most androids, machines or robots wouldn’t have emotions at all except for ones that require to constantly interact with people such as police an assistant, a private security guard and other similar jobs that require human interaction.

Last edited:
Tldr I want to make an android that looks similar to a human and has some amount of artificial emotions

I didn't make a mistake with their classification, and I'll explain why. The androids do indeed have a human like appearance, so much so that the carbon fiber exterior can be manipulated to absorb punches and kicks much like skin does. However, they were intentionally made to be 8 feet tall due to progressive evolution, as the gravity from Jupiter makes the people of Earth feel lighter or heavier depending on where they live; due to the Earth being tidal locked. This difference has resulted in evolution to compensate for it, with those feeling lighter gravity becoming taller and heavier to compensate.

With that said, different bunkers have different models with different heights and weights, so you could say that the android was ordered from a different bunker.

I'm pumped to see this Android! A glitchy android with a personality to be a bodyguard if you so choose. That is going to be awesome!

I'm pumped to see this Android! A glitchy android with a personality to be a bodyguard if you so choose. That is going to be awesome!
hey dude how old do you want the android to be I was thinking quite new but if you have any input i'd love it!

I think new would work. But not so new that it doesnt understand it's predicament more so a few years or maybe even months? Now how would the android come to be employed with the mob and my character in turn?

I think new would work. But not so new that it doesnt understand it's predicament more so a few years or maybe even months? Now how would the android come to be employed with the mob and my character in turn?
Is the predicament the fact it has feelings or something else? Also why wouldn’t the mob just buy an android

Yes, the feelings would scare the public. Which would actually work to the mobs favor. My character would definitely buy an android! Especially since androids don't really need sleep. That is 24 hour protection, if you can get over the fact the android will just be watching you all night haha.

Yes, the feelings would scare the public. Which would actually work to the mobs favor. My character would definitely buy an android! Especially since androids don't really need sleep. That is 24 hour protection, if you can get over the fact the android will just be watching you all night haha.
alright, I'll make it young then. Also how much of the situation do you want it to understand?

On one hand having it understand none of the situation would be funny on the other hand having it not understand could be problematic or I guess you could just explain it to them

alright, I'll make it young then. Also how much of the situation do you want it to understand?

On one hand having it understand none of the situation would be funny on the other hand having it not understand could be problematic or I guess you could just explain it to them
No knowledge is fine my character will explain it. That will allow our characters to make a bond as he explains and helps the android. Hence why, the android would want to protect him!

I can double on a character I just moved apartments today however so as soon as I'm settled and good I'll work on that if we still don't get anyone else for the rp

Hey everyone. Seeing as we're not getting any new members anytime soon, I've decided to switch the RP over to Discord. You can keep the characters you have created, but you'll have to paste the info into a google doc and link it in the Discord below:

Hey everyone. Seeing as we're not getting any new members anytime soon, I've decided to switch the RP over to Discord. You can keep the characters you have created, but you'll have to paste the info into a google doc and link it in the Discord below:
Super sorry, but I don't have a discord, so I'll have to dip. Super cool idea, though, and I hope to see you guys in some other rps :]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back