• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Beneath the Cosmos we Call Home [OOC - Open]

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I've decided I want to make an android that's made to act as a security detail/assistant anyone want one? Or if not I can think of something else

Last edited:
Yeah. I did describe the androids as being replacements for hazardous jobs (construction, welding, etc.), but imagining an industrial android using their increased strength in a mafia is pretty funny.

True. I just thought it would be funny due to the androids only having generalized AI that put them on a level slightly below humans, with settings able to be tweaked to specialize them for certain jobs. But one thing they're not programmed with are the robotic equivalent to emotions, hence why they were used for hazardous jobs that require little to no emotion.

For that reason, you don't see too many androids working as Security Guards aside from a few situations, as it's harder to convince someone to let go of a hostage if you don't know how to display emotion.

True. I just thought it would be funny due to the androids only having generalized AI that put them on a level slightly below humans, with settings able to be tweaked to specialize them for certain jobs. But one thing they're not programmed with are the robotic equivalent to emotions, hence why they were used for hazardous jobs that require little to no emotion.

For that reason, you don't see too many androids working as Security Guards aside from a few situations, as it's harder to convince someone to let go of a hostage if you don't know how to display emotion.
wait...now I have a quesiton

can I make an android with artificial emotions? as like a bug or something?

You technically could, but you'd have to give a reason as to how they obtained emotion alongside of what functionality they may have lost.

If I may offer a suggestion. What if the project that projected an AI into space to save humanity was never abandoned and a scientist managed to retrieve the data files? Their findings didn't find an AI that kept DNA of everyone but instead found an AI that used the DNA of the humans it kept to try to produce emotion even though it didn't have any? The aforementioned scientist then went on to make bugged androids with the data findings and each had their own personality. So the data was never consistent.

If I may offer a suggestion. What if the project that projected an AI into space to save humanity was never abandoned and a scientist managed to retrieve the data files? Their findings didn't find an AI that kept DNA of everyone but instead found an AI that used the DNA of the humans it kept to try to produce emotion even though it didn't have any? The aforementioned scientist then went on to make bugged androids with the data findings and each had their own personality. So the data was never consistent.
So essentially an A.I absorbs data about humans and create a artificial personality and so a scientist finds it and produces android with different personalities

Their randomized emotion means they are no longer efficient at certain jobs and means no one can truly control them. Since the data is varied no one can even reproduce the results so these bugged androids are essentially the lucky few that have sentience

Their randomized emotion means they are no longer efficient at certain jobs and means no one can truly control them. Since the data is varied no one can even reproduce the results so these bugged androids are essentially the lucky few that have sentience
Let me sleep it is late here. I like your idea and I think I might use some aspects of it thanks!

I'm not sure where to start, but I think I'll start first with the original AI created to reboot life on Earth. I didn't include it since it was going to get over shadowed, but the original AI was retired after the discovery of the Black Hole. That said, it was reprogrammed to keep watch over the wildlife living in the Bio-domes, so although it's still around it's also been altered drastically; so to say some of its systems are buggy wouldn't be wrong. As for why androids weren't programmed with emotions to begin with, a large part was due to paranoia by ignorant civilians, the other part due to the fact that an android that went rogue would be very hard to subdue (They're cannonically over 8 feet tall and weigh over 300 pounds, so they're beefy enough to be a massive pain if they go rogue)

I'm not sure where to start, but I think I'll start first with the original AI created to reboot life on Earth. I didn't include it since it was going to get over shadowed, but the original AI was retired after the discovery of the Black Hole. That said, it was reprogrammed to keep watch over the wildlife living in the Bio-domes, so although it's still around it's also been altered drastically; so to say some of its systems are buggy wouldn't be wrong. As for why androids weren't programmed with emotions to begin with, a large part was due to paranoia by ignorant civilians, the other part due to the fact that an android that went rogue would be very hard to subdue (They're cannonically over 8 feet tall and weigh over 300 pounds, so they're beefy enough to be a massive pain if they go rogue)
That adds an interesting dynamic. If there is an android with emotions. His only option would be to turn to criminal assets to hide him from the public that would want to scrap him. However, if the AI wasn't the root cause could we chalk it up to a scientist who took various data from the AI and elsewhere and made this one android that could feel?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back