• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Beginner Dice RP - Horror

Grey

Dialectical Hermeticist
This is intended as an introduction to system-supported roleplaying

August 17th, 2013

Seattle has had its share of tragedy and monsters - the disastrous WTO protests, the Mardi Gras Massacre, the Rainbow Killer. In this post-9/11 world fear of your neighbour, of the dark city streets, of the government allegedly sworn to protect you is rife, and we are understandably paranoid.

But no one was ready for John Whistler.

He took hostages at the Bank of America, and then he detonated a bomb, killing 89 people. Seattle is still reeling from the shock.

November 8th, 2013

You haven't slept for almost a week. After the bombing, you slept badly, sure - nightmares, restlessness, early rising. Now it's full-blown insomnia. You find yourself walking the rainy city streets by night, settling down for coffee in an all-night diner (sure, it won't help you sleep, but you weren't sleeping anyway - might as well stay alert, right?).

A few other lonely souls are in here, getting acquainted with the night. Maybe you're not the only one.

Hallucinations have begun to set in, so it'd be great not to be alone...

This is a game for five players, but due to dropouts one slot is open.

It will be set in Onyx Path's World of Darkness, under the God-Machine Chronicle updates.

You do not require these books, nor any knowledge about them. Players without prior system experience are preferred.

This is a Horror game; there will be disturbing content - in particular self-harm, violence, and themes of domestic abuse.

I will be assigning characters to ease the transition, but you are free to expand or take liberties with the premade character you might be given. Note, however, that there will be minor restrictions on the types of characters welcome.

Our characters must have an artistic interest or outlet. There must be one police officer, one military veteran, and one librarian. They are ordinary humans with no knowledge of the supernatural beyond what they might have seen in fiction or read in mythology.

I'm ineligible to join, but I can't help asking if Whistler called his bombs Noctunes.

Players without prior system experience... That's me.

Is the focus on writing and character development or does it lean more towards... mmm, I don't know, trying to win the game? (or something like that)

Focus is still on writing, character development, and plot resolution. 'Winning' is having a good story by the end of it.

Alright, which of you is happier with taking the slot for Ludmilla Kyle, linguist with a chip on her shoulder?

Oh! If there is only one slot, SubSonic can definitely take it. Also I've never really RPed a female character and I dont know how good I'd be at it.

I fine with female characters but that description does not really grab my attention.

Thanks, doc, but I guess I'll leave the role to you.

I'm pretty intimidated by all the dice systems I see, so a beginners one would be pretty nice. If there's any room left I'd like to be in this.

Well, for the other RP, I need someone to fill this role:

Miss Ludmilla Kyle

Studying linguistics at Miskatonic was not your first choice, but not many universities were willing to admit a woman to the language faculty. Miskatonic needed the money (helpfully left to you in Father's will), and were willing to accept you. Mother hasn't spoken to you since.

But now! Well, this is exciting – a trip to Guatemala, a chance to study more Nahuatl and the culture surrounding it. And any academic paper you get out of it will show those snobs at Harvard!

Your ambition knows no limits, and you will get published off the back of this if it kills you. You are proud, independent, curious, and intelligent.

Educated or not, you're still very much a lady, and faultlessly polite even when you need to be positively chilly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back