• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Beauty & the Beast

The doors opened easily.
"Why did you not lock the doors?"
"Why would I do that, granpop, when I'm taking the dog out?"
The voices followed behind her a little ways. Behind her then was a grandfather clock and a candle stand in the shape of a female Angel.

Haruno turned, and blinked. "Okaaaay... since it's this cold, I'm going to assume that I'm awake... but... I reiterate. What the hell?!"

The little Angel rushed to the doors and gestured inside. "Please come in madam and warm yourself."
She looked like a little waitress. One hand carried a tray with a flaming candle while the other was empty. A candle sat on top of her head as well.

She's kind of cute... I was being rude. "O...K then" It was freezing out... Haruno went inside.

She was followed by the grandfather clock as the candle girl led the way towards a glowing fire. "Please be seated madam. Would you like something to eat or drink?"
"Leila, stop." Said the clock. "It is bad enough she's seen us. I think inviting her in without the Master's consent is beyond appropriate."
"As if the Master would ever give his consent in the first place."
"Exactly."
"God granpop!" Leila exclaimed, "Why so heartless? Would you rather she freeze to death?"

"Hey, I might... not have died. And don't trouble yourself, I'm fine" she warmed herself up in the front of the fire. "I just need to get warm, and I'll get going back to the village. I expect that I have an enourmous amount of patients already"

"I daresay you won't be going back out there, madam. It's become quite a blizzard."
The clock grumbled in the back. "And if we get caught, the Master will have our heads."
"Then at least I won't be stuck in this ridiculous form. I hate spilling wax down my back. It looks so disgusting."
A table came around the corner with a teapot and cup. "Hello dear." Said the kettle, "How about a spot of tea? It's a fine blend of mint and lemon. Made it myself."

Stuck? "You mean you weren't always weren't... like this?" Haruno couldn't resist a good tea, and took a careful sip. It warmed her right up, and she smiled. "Thank you. I don't want to get you all in trouble, but I don't think I'll make it back at this rate"

"Oh it's quite all right, darling. It's been months since we had a guest." Said the pot.
The cup giggled and said, "that tickles!"

(It's great, waiting for the Beast to make his dramatic entrance, and throw a world class temper tantrum!)

(Good. In this case though, it's more out of fear rather than anger and his being an ass.)
"Sigmun behave." Said the pot.
"Sorry."
"No we used to be human. I tended the candles, arranged parties, balls, weddings, and I danced and ate chocolate. Oh how I wish to be human again." Leila said.
"Indeed." Said the pot.
"Who is this?" A deep graveling voice came from behind the chair.

Haruno slowly turned, her instincts telling her to run, but she had nowhere to run to...

"Master my deepest apologies..." the clock's voice trailed off.
An animal skull looked down at her without expression. "You are not welcome here. You have trespassed."
"Master i--"
"Silence!" He spoke over Leila.
"You should never have come here."

He's so commanding and cold... like the storm outside. It's scary... but as a doctor, I can't let them get in trouble protecting me! Haruno stood. She was scared, but didn't want to show it. "I'm sorry. You can blame me not them, I came here to get refuge from the storm."

He moved around the chair, his legs like that of a bull, a long reptilian tail dragging behind him. His arms were hairy and ape like with bear claws. A mane grew from his neck making him look even bigger.
"You can't leave. At all."

Don't shit yourself Haruno... I definitely can't beat him in a fight. "Why?! There are too many people back at the village who depend on me... I have to go back soon, it's the fever season!" Haruno momentarily forgot her fear, thinking about all the good people back home... children, women, good men who worked hard for their families!

"And how many would love to find out a beast exists in the castle that looks like it can eat a child? Or that my treasures are enchanted? You expect me to TRUST you?!!!!"

He does kinda look like that...and acting a bit like it too. "Calm down will you! Can't we talk it out like civilized adults..."

"No! I can't risk it!" He said, fear tearing into his voice, making him sound like a frightened child.
"Master? Perhaps..."
"Silence!" He said. "Perhaps nothing! I am cursed because I assumed all my people have good hearts. I can't make that mistake again. Take her to a room and lock the door."
"But master,"
"NOW!"

Curse...? So that's why they all look so strange... but why were they cursed and by who? "I'm sick of all the yelling, I'll go myself" And with that, Haruno walked off to find a room. She needed some rest after this craziness anyway.

The beast stood there a moment.
The little Angel ran ahead, putting out her flame.
"I'm so sorry my dear." Leila said.
"I told you the Master would be angry." Said the clock. His bell started chiming, it was midnight.
"Confounded bell!" He stopped and leaned against a wall.
"We'll see you in the room." Leila said.

"Angry isn't the right word... if anything, he was scared." I was already working on escape plans, but... I think that I'll stick around here a while

They approached a spiralling staircase, the little Angel lighting the way. "I would be of better service if you carried me madam. Around the waist would be comfortable."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back