• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Beast Boy and Raven (Closed)

Garfield pruned his feathers, forgetting how in character he could become when being an animal. When the passage way opened he shook his head and hopped off Rachel’s shoulder, becoming human once more. “I’m pretty good at catching stuff.” He agreed, becoming a “golden” retriever. “See? Get it because imma retriever.” Garfield felt the joke was funny even if it was a pun.

Garfield felt like the joke was necessary to lighten up the mood until they came to the crossroads and he sniffed around the floor. “Something smells funny…” He agreed before running off with Rachel as the hallway behind them was incinerated by the explosion that blew them into a huge empty room.

Garfield groaned and nudged Rachel with his nose until she got up. “I guess that means you’re the retriever now.” He said, thinking her catch was just as good as his. Garfield was glad this room was lit as well as he pattered around, sniffing for anything else that was out of the ordinary. “Uh Rae…is something missing in here?”

Rachel groaned and once again pushed herself back up on her feet. She wondered offhandedly how many more times today she’ll be thrown to the ground. It didn’t get any more fun. She looked around to see what Garfield was talking about.

“Uh yeah, everything.”

The room that was once filled with gadgets and gizmos aplenty and villainous statues galore was now empty save for one machine that stood against the right wall. It looked like a giant pipette, hanging from the ceiling facing down towards the platform below. Rachel flew up to examine it, looking for what she suspected she might find.

“This must be how Overload and Brain were freed. And look, there’s a serial number on this machine too, the same one from that other-“ Rachel was cut off by a large metal pipe soaring right passed her face. The pipe smash into the wall and clanged to the ground.

“I was hoping I would find you here, green one.” At the other end of the room stood the large monstrous gorilla, currently smiling cruelly at Garfield. “I was glad you survived the ambush my master planned for you, now I can finish you myself, as well as your little friend.”

Monsieur Mallah picked up another fallen pipe, excitement on his face for the beating he was about to give. “Let’s see what 3 years have done for you. I assure you my intelligence is still superior to yours. Let’s put it to the test,” He suggested before charging straight at Beast Boy.

Garfield yelped as the metal pipe smashed the wall. He morphed into himself and looked over at the intelligent gorilla as he declared their fight to be legendary. “Rae just try and figure out the number thing, I’ll handle bananas!” Garfield became a greenish(silver)back gorilla and went to match Mallah pound for pound, blow for blow.

It had been years since Garfield had been hit like he was just then. He was forced to shake off the feeling of pain and rolled behind Mallah, changing into a T Rex and smacking the gorilla with his tail. “Whoa who knew gorillas could fly like that.” Garfield mocked the villain.

Rachel did not intend on staying away from the fight for long, but Garfield was right. If Mallah was here, they must be on the right track. The serial number was the same one as the last Brain machine. It must belong to some sort of company, and Rachel was now sure that finding out which company will tell them where the new headquarters first.

“Hello, little bird. Come to play?” Rachel suddenly felt an arm wrap around her, and around and around and around. It pulled her out of the air and onto the ground. She looked up to find the source of the super stretchy arm and thick Eastern European voice.

“I’m not one for games,” Rachel replied, her eyes flashing white.

“Pity. Madame Rouge wants to play with you,” The woman said with a wicked grin, before being promptly whacked by the giant machine wrapped in dark magic.

Monsieur Mallah slammed into the wall, but recovered quickly, not looking as happy as he was before. “You can surpass me in strength, but you will need more than that to defeat me.” He pulled out his laser gun and pulled the trigger, aiming at the T-Rex.

The first shot was blocked by a black shield. Rachel used Madame Rouge’s momentary stun to help Beast Boy out.

“Beast Boy! He’s not alone,” Rachel called out. The distraction was what Madame Rouge needed to recover and land a blow on Rachel.

Garfield was thankful for Rachel’s quick thinking barrier but knew he couldn’t rely on her since she needed to fight her own battle at the moment. When Monsieur Mallah began shooting after Rachel’s magic was being occupied by Madam Rouge, Garfield transformed into a hummingbird that zipped around his bullets. “For a dude he says he’s steering you sure use that gun a bunch.”

He sped behind the gorilla and turned into a rhino only to be grabbed by the horn. Garfield pushed Mallah back towards another wall and pinned him there. “Get your stinking paws off me you damned dirty ape!” It took a lot out of him not to laugh considering it was a quote from one of the movies he was involved in. Out of the corner of his eye Garfield looked at Rachel. “How’s it going over there?” He yelled out.

Monsieur Mallah took this opportunity and moved from between the rhinoceros and the wall, causing Garfield to get his nose stuck in the wall. “It seems I was right about your intelligence after all. No warrior takes his eyes off his enemy.” The gorilla said.

Rachel had recovered from her punch and was blocking Madame Rouge’s attempts to grab her again. One of Rouge’s legs stretched out and tripped Rachel, causing her to fall on her back. As Rouge went to stand over her though, Rachel released her soul-self, a big black Raven that lifted Rouge up to the ceiling.

“Great until I heard that cheesy line,” Rachel replied. She looked over and saw that Beast Boy was currently stuck in the wall, Mallah mocking his mistake of looking away. Rachel realized they were going to keep getting hit if they kept checking on each other.

Madame Rouge spread her body out to avoid the constant attack of the Raven and melted back down on the ground, reforming at the end into herself. “You’ll have to do better than that to defeat me,” Rouge said.

“You talk too much,” Rachel responded. She leaped into the air and dodged the limbs of Rouge, making her way over to her partner. She created a giant claw that grabbed Monsieur Mallah and tossed him out of the way.

Landing next to Beast Boy, Rachel helped him get out of the wall. “We’re supposed to be doing this together, remember?” She asked with a grin.

Madame Rouge formed on the ground a few feet away from them. “How very sweet. But this changes nothing,” She laughed before throwing her limbs out at them both.

Garfield hadn’t realized that he would get himself stuck inside the wall but that’s the price to pay for being inattentive. He struggled to get his horn free before hearing Monsieur Mallah groan, voice fading further away. When Raven appeared next to him he smiled. “Thanks Mama. Let’s do this!”

When the elastic woman’s arms shot at the duo, Beast Boy turned into a ankylosaurus and felt the arms harmlessly bounce off of his armored back. “You messed with the wrong heroes rubber band lady!” He said as Mallah regained his senses only to be hit by Beast Boy’s clubbed tail.

The fight continued, Monsieur Mallah and Madame Rouge’s attacks becoming more and more desperate as the realization became clear that the ex-hero duo was stronger than the old villain powerhouses. All hits were defended by Rachel’s shields and powerful hits by giant green beasts broke through every defense.

Just as the fight was about to be won, though, the lights went out, leaving them in darkness save for a screen that protruded from the machine Rachel had recently used as a club. A bald man appeared on the screen, dressed in a suave purple suit and green tie. Rachel thought he looked familiar, but couldn’t tell why.

“Hello intruders,” said the man in the screen in a deep prideful voice. “If you are watching this, then you must be foolish thieves who have made the worst decision of your life, or heroes who have also made the worst decision of your life.”

While the man spoke, Madame Rouge looked at Mallah and grinned. Rachel was too busy listening to the man on the screen to notice them take their leave. Whoever this man was, he was obviously the key to finding Brain.

“If you are heroes and not foolish thieves, then you must be here to take down the Brotherhood of Evil. As you may have realized, the Brotherhood is no longer here. In fact, the Brotherhood of Evil is now under new management.” The man smiled as if he had said a joke. “I would introduce myself, but I’m sure you already know who I am and that you have no chance of stopping me. The only man who can is off on some fool’s errand and won’t be back in time to help you, I’m afraid.” The man pointed up at the sky, as if that was an indication as to where the man who can stop him is.

“Now that you understand your uselessness. Allow me to give you one warning, the only one you are going to get.” He leaned forward in his chair, all humor out of his face. “Stay out of my way, and pray you don’t ever have the honor of being in my presence.” He leaned back in his chair again, the smirk back on his face.

“Oh, and one final thing. This message will self-destruct in three…two…”

Rachel grabbed Beast Boy and form a dome around them.

“…one.”

Garfield slowed to a halt next to Rachel, confused about why exactly the lights had gone out. He transformed back into himself and kept an eye on the dastardly duo that they were fighting. He half listened to what the guy was saying since for the most part it was boring villain speech. Garfield looked over at the screen for a moment but was confused. “What? He’s not really saying anything important…”

Of course when he decided to pay attention the two villains had ran away. Garfield tugged on Raven’s cloak. “Uhh Rae….” Next thing he knew they were surrounded by black as the explosion rocked the building around them. He looked up and around as the bubble dropped only to see rubble and the blue sky.

“Whoaaa…How big was that bomb? And how strong was your bubble?” Garfield was mesmerized until he realized they were still trying to solve the missing statue puzzle. He gasped “I bet that bald guy was the one who helped Brain with the machines!!”

“Ugh… I think you’re right,” Rachel replied. Creating a shield strong enough to protect them from a bomb was exhausting, and it took its toll on her. She released the bubble and placed her hands on her knees, taking some deep breaths to steady herself.

She realized that Monsieur Mallah and Madame Rouge were gone, but had the sinking feeling that they had left long before the bomb hit.

“I think I’ve seen him before, but I don’t remember where,” Rachel said. “I’m sorry they got away again. This wasn’t a total loss though. If we find that man, we’ll find The Brotherhood.”

Garfield could see that it wasn’t easy for Rachel to be able stop the bomb from killing them but listened to her talk. He hurried over and helped Rachel stand up. “How’s boy we do some chilling first?” He offered. Garfield wasn’t trying to delay the inevitable this time but rather let his partner rest.

“You gots to relax and eat something. You just saved our lives we can do more later.” Garfield stepped away from Rachel and became the biggest flying dinosaur there was. A Quetzalcoatl. “You need a lift back?” He asked, flapping his giant wings eagerly.

Rachel was grateful for the assistance. The dome had taken more out of her than she realized. “I think chilling is a great idea. I can go for a nice cup of tea right about now.”

She took a step back in shock at the giant Beast Garfield had become. She couldn’t remember him being this dinosaur before, and she couldn’t help but be impressed.

“Showoff,” Rachel smirked. She used the remainder of her strength to lift herself onto the giant dino’s back and hold on tight. “Do me a favor and don’t drop me.”

Garfield laughed which came out as a mix between exactly that and a squawk. “I can learn new stuff too y’know.” He said before slowly starting to ascend in the air. Rachel’s remark about him dropping her was something he wouldn’t do but he certainly would do a few tricks with her there. “Aw man, so no loops or spins?” Garfield feigned stupidity as they started heading towards her house.

He had started getting a good feel for where exactly Rachel lived and felt he could navigate them there successfully. Maybe it was his animal instincts or maybe he had good memory, whatever it was it seemed to work as planned.

Garfield lowered to the ground, careful not to be in sight of any pedestrians, before letting Rachel off first. “So, did I do a good job flying or did I do a good job?” He asked confidently as he popped back into himself, dropping next to Rachel.

Rachel probably should have helped navigate their way back to her home, but she instead shut her eyes and just felt the wind rush passed as she clutched onto a big green dinosaur. It was an interesting feeling, being flown instead of flying. She was afraid at first, especially with Garfield joking around, but she found that she trusted him a lot more than she thought she did.

Finally, she felt herself being lowered and she opened her eyes again. “You flew a straight line. Congratulations,” she said completely deadpanned.

She was happy to see the beast go, because the boy took its place. “Thanks,” she added. “For bringing me back. Now let’s get inside, I’m tired of smelling like a fossil.”

She led the way back inside her apartment and immediately felt better upon entry.

“I’m taking a shower. Think you can manage making yourself at home while I’m gone?”

Garfield messed with his hair and poked Rachel’s side. “Don’t lie you know it was cool.” He enjoyed the playful banter with her even if it was unnecessary. Whenever Rachel mentioned the smell he sniffed both of his underarms and turned back to her. “It’s not that baaad.” Garfield insisted, following behind her.

Once inside he stretched out his arms before hitting the couch with an oof. Garfield rolled his eyes and nodded as Rachel talked. “I can handle anything Rae. The real question is how much you gonna miss me?” He teased. He felt his stomach rumble and got up after Rachel left, going into the fridge and pulling out his leftover pizza. Garfield tossed a few slices into the microwave and went back to the couch to wait for the food.

Rachel rolled her eyes. “Just don’t burn the place down. I’ve grown attached to the wallpaper.”

She stopped in her room first to get some black sweats to wear, foregoing all care of what she looks like in favor of comfort, and grabbing a towel from the closet before heading into the shower. It took about 15 minutes for her to wash her hair and get herself all clean, humming in a tone-deaf manner contently as she did so. One she was done, she wrapped her hair up in a towel, threw on her clothes, and stepped back into the living room.

The smell of heated up pizza overtook the room, but Rachel was not in the mood for greasy foods. What she really was in the mood for was herbal tea and tea biscuits, comfort food.

“You can have whatever’s left of the pizza,” Rachel said to Garfield on the couch. She turned in the kettle and reached up in as top cabinet for some packaged tea biscuits, which are store-bought shortbread. She shoved a small biscuit in her mouth and leaned against the counter, waiting for the water to boil.

“Want to try one?” She asked, holding out the packet of cookies.

Whenever Rachel excited the bathroom, Garfield was sitting on the couch with a plate of pizza slices and a slice in his mouth. He would’ve had the TV on but he couldn’t find the remote nor figure out how the buttons so he gave up and sat there relaxing. He nodded his head, finishing up on his first slice. “Thanks Rae, I didn’t know if you wanted some so I left your box in there.”

Garfield looked confused at the baggie that was held up in front of him. “Are those like cookies or something? Are they sweet?” He asked standing up and hurrying over to the counter in case they were to his liking. Garfield inhaled the smell of the cookies and caught whatever Rachel used to was her hair. “Dude you smell good and so do those cookies….” His mouth watered thinking about cookies and milk.

“Uhh…thanks.” She said, now self-conscious on how she smelled, it wasn’t something she thought about before. She then figured, with animalistic instincts, Garfield’s sense of smell might be more powerful than most.

Rachel reached in another cabinet for a bowl and dumped the bag of cookies into it just as the kettle started to whistle.

“Here. Help yourself. Do you want some tea as well? Or milk?” Rachel handed him the bowl of cookies and went to stop the kettle and prepare her tea. She decided to go with a simple Earl Grey tea this time, putting it in her go to “Ssshh… I’m Reading” mug.

Garfield always thought that kettles were more of an old fashion technique to boil rather than something else. “How come you don’t just put the water in like a pot or something?” He asked. His eyes followed the bowl of cookies while walking over to stand right next to Rachel, leaning against the counter and facing her.

He thought about it for a moment and strongly considered going for milk but knew he should start trying things Rachel liked. “Uhhh lemme try some of that tea.” Garfield decided before pointing to the cookies. “Don’t you want some too?” He didn’t want to be outright rude no matter how hungry he was.

Garfield’s hand brushed over Rachel’s when he went to grab a cookie and blushed a little. “Uh my bad…. I wasn’t tryna hold your hand or anything.” He joked nervously before stuffing his face with a cookie before he said anything stupid again.

“Because I have a tea kettle,” Rachel replied simply, raising an eyebrow at him. She was pleased that he was willing to try tea, but of course she wouldn’t show it.

Rachel reached back into the cabinet to grabbed a black mug for Garfield. She then took two tea bags from a wooden box on the counter and dropped them into the mugs. “I put them in the bowl to share. Of course I’m having some.”

She was just grabbing the kettle when she absentmindedly went for a cookie at the same time as Garfield. Quickly, she pulled her hand away and stared at him. He was blushing, which made her blush too. Quickly she looked away and put all her attention on putting water into the mugs.

“Yeah… no problem.”

Rachel handed Garfield the black mug, now steaming with tea. “Here you go. Be careful, it’s hot.” She took her own mug and the bowl of cookies and brought them over to the couch. She placed the cookies on the coffee table and lowered herself to the couch, sniffing her tea and feeling instantly better.

Rachel noticed that the TV was off, and wondered what Gar was doing while she was gone.

“You could have watched some TV or something. It works… I think.”

Garfield initially thought she was being generous with the cookies and letting him have them all but that actually made sense when she explained it. “Oh yeah, sharing.” He chuckled as he swallowed the cookie. Though they were a little dry they were pretty good. They didn’t taste like any cookies he normally ate but different was good.

“These are awesome! Kinda feels like if sand were cookies.” That was really the best way Garfield could explain the texture but his second cookie let Rachel knew it was plenty good to him.

He was a bit embarrassed to say but he told the truth. “Well…” He rubbed the back of his head. “I couldn’t really figure out how it worked. Plus I wanna do what you normally do to chill. I wanna go inside the mind of Rachel.” Garfield realized how that sounded and corrected himself. “Not Raven but Rachel. I remember being in there.” He shuddered remembering the shattered mirror incident.

Garfield slowly took the mug and went in for a sniff, mimicking Rachel’s motions, and nearly died. “Whoa! There’s no way you drink it this hot?” He sounded surprised a little and a bit impressed all at the same time

Rachel snorted, covering up a laugh. “No, don’t drink it yet, you’ll burn your tongue. I just…sniff it because it smells good. Lots of people do that,” She said defensively as she grabbed a cookie and dunked it in her tea.

“These cookies are tea biscuits. They’re supposed to by sort of dry so that it sops up the tea.” She bit the now tea-absorbed cookie and it melted in her mouth.

Rachel had been avoiding the whole ‘get in her mind’ business since it was mentioned this morning. “Rachel’s mind is not much better than Raven’s. Trust me, I’ve been to both.” She put her mug down, opened the drawer on the side of the coffee table, and took out the remote. “Maybe we should watch something instead.”

Garfield took another sniff and shrugged his shoulders. It smelled like a sort of candle but one you could definitely drink. “It does smell pretty good.” He agreed before simply just copying Rachel, listening along to her explanation. “Wait so you’re supposed to just use it like a sponge?” Garfield started to connect the dots smacked his forehead. “Just like regular cookies and milk, c’mon Garfield.” He chided himself.

Garfield took the remote from Rachel and turned the TV on the news was the first thing that popped up.

“More coverage on the abandoned building that was bought by Lex Corps has just came in. It appears the explosion was caused by gas build up inside the facility according to Jump City police investigators. The multibillionaire, Lex Luther, has yet to release a a statement on what exactly will be done with the building but more coming up on that at 6 pm.”

Garfield pulled his biscuit out of the tea and half of it had disappeared into the hot beverage. “My cookie!” He dramatically exclaimed as his face resembled that of a sad dog. When he turned to the TV he pointed the partial dessert and shook Rachel’s shoulder with his free hand. “THATS THE BALD DUDE!”

Rachel dropped her whole cookie in her tea, staring at the man on the screen.

“Lex Luthor.” Of course. That’s why he looked so familiar. Lex Luthor was a famous multibillionaire from Metropolis. Even in Jump City people have heard of him and Lexcorp. Lexcorp was one of the biggest companies in the world. Even Rachel, who stayed away from News knew who he was.

“What would a business man like Lex Luthor want with the Brotherhood of Evil?” She asked.

Garfield finished what was left of his biscuit before hearing Rachel out. “I think I know who that is…” He recalled while scratching his chin. All he knew was that the guy was loaded but that had to count for something.

An almost visible lightbulb went off over Garfield’s head as he had came up with an idea. “Oo! They said he lives in metropolis right? Then that means if he’s really a bad guy then Superman knows who he is! We can just ask him?” He felt as this was the best way to find out exactly who this Lex dude really was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back