• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Beast Boy and Raven (Closed)

Garfield was pleasantly surprised when he saw that Rachel was through doing what she needed to do. He wasn’t going to complain or anything but it was a bit of a surprise. He stood up as well, sliding his chair to the side. “Uh…”

It had become a bit of a brain fart moment for Garfield when questioned about what he wanted to do. “I dunno actually…” He admitted while walking towards the exit. “Let’s definitely get outta here though..” The library always made his brain hurt more just thinking about all the books inside.

Rachel nodded and followed him out of the library. She wanted to continue her search of help, but Garfield looked like he had enough of the library, and she didn’t want an audience anyway.

It was about mid-afternoon upon their exit of the building. The streets were a lot busier as rush hour approached.

“I’m guessing your opinion hasn’t changed about libraries,” Rachel observed. He looked very happy to be out of there and back outside.

Garfield hustled down the stairs, allowing his body to bounce as he went along. It was good that he and Rachel got the opportunity to spend some more time together, or at least that’s how he felt about it.

He realized his face must’ve given away his thoughts since Rachel was easily able to perceive his emotions. “Well kinda but Im really happy cuz we get to do some more stuff together.” That’s what he hoped anyways. Garfield was feeling a bit hungry after spending so much time in the library. “Aren’t you happy?” After being alone for so long, it was natural for him to cherish every second he got with Rachel in his eyes.

Expressing emotions was not something that came easy to Rachel, mostly because she wasn’t allowed to, lest she begin the apocalypse. So she didn’t really know how to answer Garfield’s question, because she was glad to not be alone, but she was also worried about what was to come.

“I don’t know if happy is the right word,” Rachel replied. “We are still going up against a multi-billionaire and possibly every villain we’ve ever faced. But sure, I guess I’m not unhappy.”

Reminding herself that said villains could still be looking for them if they didn’t believe they were dead, Rachel added, “Maybe we should just go back to my place.” She gave a quick look around to see if anyone was looking at them. No one was, so far as she could tell.

Garfield didn’t know if it were good or bad that Rachel explained it that way but figured she was trying to look at things from a larger picture, which he could understand in a way. He frowned a little and let Rachel continue about returning before speaking up about what was on his mind.

“Y’know Rae, I was just thinking let’s like not think about that stuff while we get to chill. Let’s just think about the good stuff we got.” Garfield explained on their trek home. He walked next to her and this walk he was a little more talkative than normal. “Dude I’m starving! Do you think we could order something else tonight or do you have stuff?” Garfield didn’t even let Rachel finish before speaking again. “You know I got more games I can show you right? Aw man they’re like the best games to play, I bet you’ll love it!”

Rachel watched as Garfield’s mood got increasingly brighter as he suggested not talking about their problems and instead focusing on the things they can do together. When he’s happy, he can’t stop talking, which can be annoying or enforce his mood into others. Right now, his happiness was infectious, even for someone like her.

“Do you expect an answer from me or are you just going to keep talking?” She asked, deadpanned. When he stopped talking, she continued.

“You’re right. No more villain talk tonight. Let’s order Chinese or something and you can show me one of these games. Just don’t expect me to like all your games. I still think video games are pointless.”

They were coming across Rachel’s apartment now, and she hadn’t seen anyone looking or following them. She wanted to go to the grocery store, but she was still wary about onlookers today. Maybe tomorrow after they solve this whole Luthor issue.

Garfield racked his brain to try and predict the games Rachel would actually like. “I dunno if you’re gonna like games li-“ When Rachel suggested him to let her answer he simply zipped his lip, becoming silent. He didn’t know if what she said about the video game thing was actually true, but he decided on not saying anything. He nodded about her choice in dinner before they kept walking

On the remainder of the walk home Garfield kept thinking about games Rachel would actually enjoy to play. He knew she wouldn’t like shooting games but he didn’t have many of those anyways. He figured she wouldn’t care much for fighting games or anything like that. What would be a game that require her to think, Rachel did like thinking a lot. Maybe a slower game even though those usually bored him to death.

Once he had a catalog of games from Rachel to choose from in his mind, Garfield finally said something when they were inside. “Do you think you’d like these gaaaamesss….” Garfield was digging through is bags on the ground trying to find the certain game he was talking about. “Oo! Here!” He laid out three games in front of Rachel. Minecraft, Super Mario Party, and Overwatch. He decided to choose three completely different games so he could know what Rachel would like in the future and make the choices a little easier.

Rachel stared at the three games in front of her. Having no clue which one she should pick. Super Mario Party looked similar to that racing game they had done before, same characters anyway. Minecraft had everything in the shape of blocks, even the people. Overwatch looked like it would be some sort of fighting game, based on the cast of characters with all sorts of weapons. Out of the three, Minecraft caught her eye. She was curious how crafting in a video game would work. She’d only ever seen the fighting and racing games Beast Boy and Cyborg used to play in Titan Tower.

“Uhm, what’s Minecraft?” She asked, grabbing that case and reading the back.

Garfield scratched at his chin and laughed with a of embarrassment In his voice. “Well I ain’t beat that game yet but I know the basics and stuff. We could learn it together!” He said, excitement replacing the previous embarrassment. He was only embarrassed since he was supposed to be the video game nerd and know everything but this time he had little knowledge of the game she chosen.

“It’s basically just building stuff and you can create almost anything you wanna build. You can even have dogs and cats and you can fight dragons and other bosses.” Garfield have a basic breakdown before heading over to his console and turning it on. He handed Rachel a white and blue controller that had a familiar color scheme while his own was green and purple.

It wasn’t lost on Rachel that she was given Cyborg’s remote. She awkwardly held the unfamiliar controller in her hands, remembering the last time she held it (it was glued to her hands). With Cyborg moving on to be a member of the Justice League, it probably never gets used anymore. Garfield had said he sometimes still played with Cyborg online, but that probably wasn’t the same. She felt a little guilty for not thinking about it before, but also determined to give the game a shot.

“So if it’s just about building and fighting. How do you win? What’s the goal?” She asked, confused at the concept of a free-reign game.

Garfield frowned a little, wishing he had the bean bag chairs for them but it was enough to just play he felt. Too lazy to fold it, he quickly balled up the blanket Rachel gave him to sleep with and put it on top of his bags along with the pillow. He sat down on the couch and started up the loading screen before she began throwing questions at him.

Garfield stopped her at the last question by interrupting. “Hey hey, chillax Rae.” He took her hand and pulled her down onto the couch next to him gently. “It’s not really about winning all the time with this game it’s more like a chill vibes game. I guess you could play just to kill the bosses but it’s not really how it’s meant to be played. It’s about exploring and using your imagination and having fun with each other.” He tried to explain before loading up a world He promptly named “BBxRaeRae”.

Rachel was still confused, but she took a seat next to Garfield on the couch and got comfortable. “Ok. I’ll take your word for it. Here, let’s order Chinese before we get started.”

She took out her phone and used her powers to float a Chinese menu from the kitchen cabinet over to the couch. She handed the menu to Gar, already knowing what she was going to get. While he chose, she practiced using the buttons on the controller, watching her little character on the screen move around in a circle.

Garfield dropped the controller in his lap and caught the paper menu in his hands, barely. He eyed the items and 90 percent of the options were filled with meat. Chicken Teriyaki, Orange Chicken, Beef with Ramen, Pork with Ramen. Nothing really stood out until he spotted something. “Oo! Can I have the Vegan (Won)One Ton Soup and some noodles please.” He decided before frisbee-ing the menu onto the coffee table and picking the controller back up.

Garfield looked over at Rachel, a small smirk appearing on his face. “Did you already figure out how to play without me?” He asked, moving his character around to come and find her’s. It wasn’t exactly a complicated game nor high paced but sometimes, when it wasn’t a bored to Garfield, it was definitely what you could call his “wind down game”.

“Yeah, look at me, already a pro.” Rachel said sarcastically. She lowered her controller to place the order on her phone, ordering the Pork lo menu for her, and the vegan Wonton soup, pronounced correctly, for Gar. Once done, she picked up her controller again.

“20 minutes,” she said. “Plenty of time for you to show me how to build with these little block guys.”

Garfield rolled his eyes and began breaking the trees surrounding them with his bare hands. “Whatever it’s the same soup though, right?” He asked pertaining to the pronunciation of his order. He crafted them a crafting table and made each of them a wooden pickaxe and a wooden axe.

When Rachel got off the phone he laughed at her technically correct description of their characters. “I mean it’s pretty easy. All you gotta do is get some materials like wood and stone and put them in the crafting table. If the thing you want is red then that means youse missing some stuff. Oh! And also you gotta break the thing you want with the right tool or it’ll take forever.” He knew that since he had to learn the hard way. “Pickaxe for hard stuff like rock, axe for wood stuff, and shovel for soft stuff like sand.” Garfield explained.

“Sounds simple enough,” Rachel said, practicing digging into the ground. They went like this for a while, digging and getting used to the controls. Further in, she noticed a little green guy headed right towards her.

“Hey, what’s this guy supposed to-“ Before she could finish, the thing exploded, leaving a huge hole in the ground. Rachel’s screen turned red and white text told her that she died. She stared in shock at the screen. “What happened?!”

Garfield was busy getting them the basic necessities for the game like cobblestone, coal, and lots of wood. He heard Rachel’s question and looked down at her screen, laughing at her reaction. “You got blown up by a creeper dude.” He definitely knew it was his fault for not explaining the enemies of the game but it was funny nonetheless.

Garfield pressed a button on Rachel’s controller and she simply popped back into the world a few blocks away from where she died. At her death point her items were there scattered around along with some dirt blocks. “I kinda forgot to tell you about bad guys. When it gets dark there’s a buncha those creepers and zombies and skeletons. Oh yeah and spiders.” Garfield said with a chuckle every now and then. “It doesn’t matter how many times you die you can come back, you just lose your stuff and gotta go back and get it where you died at.”

Rachel was decidedly not a fan of the aptly named Creeper. She frowned and carefully made her way back to where she had died to collect her things, keeping an eye out for more creepers.

"I know what I'd want to make, a fort to keep those creepers away from me." Just as she had said this, she saw another creeper headed her way. She raced as fast as her little character could away from it. "How do you kill these things?"

Ding Dong

Great. The food was here, but Rachel didn't want to die again. "How do you pause? I got to get that."

Garfield laughed at the attitude Rachel was gaining towards Minecraft. “Duh, we gotta make a house and stuff so that no one can get inside. They don’t blow up unless you’re riiiiight next to them.” He explained as he saw the second creeper slowly walk up over to Rachel’s person. He hobbled over and began striking the monster with a stone sword he crafted, jumping back and forth so the creeper wouldn’t explode until it died, dropping some grey substance. “Hey look, he dropped something like you when you died.”

Garfield shook his head “There’s no pause when it’s multiplayer Rae, but don’t worry I’ll protect you!” He vowed while running over to her character. In the meanwhile he began building the outline of their house with some planks. “We gotta find some beds or we can’t sleep.” Garfield explained over his shoulder while Rachel got the food.

Rachel placed her character in what she thought was the safest place she could find before dropping the controller and going for the door.

She paid the delivery guy with tip and collected the bag of Chinese food. Just the smell of it made her hungry.

“You have to sleep in this game too? What happens when you don’t?” She asked as she brought the bag over to the counter to organize the contents inside. She set up both meals and brought them over to the coffee table in front of the couch. She opted to use a fork, not daring to try using chopsticks.

Plopping back on the couch and picking up her controller, Rachel was glad to see that she had not died while she was gone, and in fact the character was standing in what looked to be the start of a house.

“Ok. How do you make a bed?”

Garfield started having trouble figuring out how big he wanted the house so it was just a big rectangle, 7x11. “Uh I actually dunno but night time gets real crazy.” He had dumped stone tools in front of Rachel’s character in order for them to be sucked into her inventory as he started building the walls around her. When Rachel brought over his food as well he leaned over and bumped his shoulder to hers. “Thanks mama. I don’t think I can eat soup with chopsticks though.” He laughed.

“Well…” He didn’t really like to go about the game in certain ways so for once this was something he did the hard way. “You gotta get the wool from sheep ‘cept most people just kill ‘em but I don’t wanna kill ‘em which meeeeans…” Garfield placed down a furnace and a crafting table in the corner of their house. “We gotta make some scissors but for sheeps.” He explained to the best of his ability before diving into his dumplings with the provided form.

“Oh yeah? Not skilled enough to eat soup with chopsticks?” Rachel teased. She pulled out a spoon, having got one for him while she was in the kitchen, and handed it over. “Here you go, uitter.”

She moved her character over to the craft table and figured out how to make the shears. She hadn’t yet seen other things alive out there besides the creepers, but she took his word for it that there were sheep somewhere.

They continued playing for the whole time they are their dinner and a while after. Rachel liked how they were reaching for a goal, building up their house and characters. She was surprised that a video game could be calm and strategic, and that two players can work together instead of being pitted against each other.

Time flew by, and before they knew it, it was night time. Rachel yawned, which prompted her to look at the clock and see the time. She rubbed her eyes to make sure the time was correct. “We’ve been playing this for how long?”

Garfield was busy stabbing his dumpling with the singular chopstick when Rachel gave him the spoon. “You got jokes now Rae?” He smiled before taking the spoon from her and sipping on his soup. “Mmm good soup…” he determined from the few sips he took.

In all honesty Garfield’s time spent playing Minecraft with Rachel was the longest he had played the game in one sitting. Typically he either died far from his home or got bored and chose a new game to play. He was proud of what they had accomplished so far but wasn’t yet pleased until they found some diamonds.

Garfield shrugged his shoulders and checked the time on the console. “Uh it’s been…” he “subtly” counted on his fingers. “Bout three hours.” He determined before turning to his roommate. “You getting sleepy? Aww it’s still early though.” Garfield knew Rachel didn’t want to play games as long as he did but it didn’t mean he wanted to stop so “soon”.

She put down her controller and stretched. Her fingers were a little cramped from being in an unfamiliar position for so long.

“I think I’m done playing. I want to read a little before going to bed. You can still play if you want,” Rachel said. She reached down in the drawer of the coffee table and grabbed her most recent couch book (she had a book for every seat in the house and one behind the desk at the book store).

She cross crossed her legs onto the couch and opened it up to where she left off. It was something she remembered doing in Titan Tower, reading in the living room while Cyborg and Beast Boy played video games. She always said it annoyed her when they made noise, but really she liked the company.

Garfield groaned dramatically before closing out Minecraft and getting up to walk over to the console. “Reading is your favorite thing to do huh?” He rubbed his side that was stabbed through in their fight at the movie studio, slightly wincing. He swapped out Minecraft for a platform game by the banner of Crash Bandicoot.

Garfield came back over to the couch and fell into his spot next to Rachel, starting it up. “Maybe I should read to. Get my brain nice and big like yours.” He teased while the game finally loaded up successfully. He had gotten through a couple levels in this game but not fully beaten it. Garfield was sometimes good at multitasking in video games but talking to Rachel and doing so maybe wouldn’t work for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back