• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Beast Boy and Raven (Closed)

Garfield remembered his badge this time around but there was no security. Strange. Maybe it’s a one man scene? He shrugged his shoulders and started heading towards Brian’s office. The set seemed to be still standing yet no directors, no yelling, no nothing. Garfield paused in his tracks when he heard a creepy yet familiar robotic cackle.

“Oh Beast Boy…. So innocent yet so naive….”

Garfield looked around and the sets began to collapse on their own. “I know that tin can voice!” He tried to sound like he was brave but truthfully he was nervous. Never had he faced a real villain in so long. Brain always made Beast Boy scared because he was always outsmarting the green dude. A multitude of Brain’s new robotic henchmen had uncloaked themselves in the large room. There was at least twenty of them Garfield could count.

“Do not believe the Brotherhood has disappeared simply because your Titan friends have…”

Garfield eyed his surroundings, noticing the robots were stationary but had circled the former hero. “Why don’t you come out and fight me yourself you pickle jar!” Even though the outburst sounded genuine, Beast Boy was sure Brain was nowhere near where he was. He always did that stupid thing where he hid and let someone else do all the work.

“Now that all the Titans are separated, picking you off one by one will be easy…. Seize him.”

Beast Boy became a fully grown gorilla as the robots began charging him. He pounced on one, ripping his arms off and using them to swing at the others. Beast Boy was doing good at first, but soon he realized that whenever he defeated one robot, another materialized into view. There was no way he could defeat them forever.

“If you give up now Titan, I will ensure your human friend’s life will not be harmed…”

Beast Boy had forgotten that Rachel was with him. It seemed Brain didn’t know it was Raven so that meant she would be alright. He couldn’t just give up though, Beast Boy knew he would die if that happened. “Leave her out of this jarhead!” He explained, biting the head off of a henchman as a lion.

Rachel tapped her foot as she waited outside. The feeling that something was wrong grew and grew until she couldn’t take it anymore. She reached out to grab the door when she heard the sound of a lion roaring inside.

“I have a bad feeling about this,” She moaned, pulling the door open and going inside. Rachel dropped the bag of paint and her backpack in surprise of the scene in front of her. A big green lion surrounded by robots.

“I knew there was something wrong here. Your tally talk never convinced anyone of anything before,” Rachel said as her eyes turned white. She lifted her hands and sent cameras, boom mics, and other set pieces towards the robots. It felt weird, using her powers again after holding them back for so long. She was rusty, most of the items missed the robots. It certainly got there attention though.

“We have to get out of here,” she called out, not yet realizing who was attacking them.

A robot came too close to her, so she used her power to tear it apart. Another one popped in, causing Rachel to pause in confusion. No regular human could have made these just to pick off some old washed up heroes.

“It seems I can kill two birds with one stone….Hello Raven….”

Beast Boy hated how pleased Brain sounded whenever he saw Raven show up. He was beyond glad to see her regardless of Brain’s reaction, he definitely needed the help. “It convinced you a bunch of times.” Beast Boy retorted.

Before his banter could continue he was surrounded by robots as they all jumped on top of his feline form. He was forced into something he hadn’t actually transformed into in a long while. Suddenly the ground tumbled and out busted Beast Boy the triceratops.

Garfield looked at Raven and ran over to her, trampling every robot in his path. “I don’t know how he did it but we gots to get out of here!” He said, bulldozing several robots into a set wall.

“There is no place you can escape me heroes….Especially you Garfield. I know where you live and I know you have nowhere to go, no one to go to. Living on the streets will only suffice for so long….”

Beast Boy forgot how much this jerk could get into his own head. It distracted him long enough for a few of the henchmen to jab their metallic hands into his thick skinned sides. He grunted in pain before stomping on the culprits until they were discs in the ground.

“A-any ideas Rae?” Garfield could feel the blood pour from his wounds as strikes and blows became more fierce. For the first time ever, he felt like a cornered animal.

“There’s no hope left for you Titans….The public of Jump City no longer wants to be protected by failures…”

Rachel stiffened at the voice and her already pale face grew paler. This was more dire than she had realized. If Brain was here, that meant she couldn’t hide in the shadows any longer, not without consequences. Garfield looked terrified, it was his life-long nemesis, after all, who had finally found him and knew everything about him including his identity. They did, however, have one advantage. Brain didn’t know her.

“We’re not afraid of a talking organ,” Rachel said, taking down another robot calmly as she spoke. “And just because the city doesn’t want us anymore, doesn’t mean we’ll go down quietly.”

She glanced around the room, looking for whatever machine must be transporting the robot army to them. She found it in the back corner of the room, a tall thin machinery with what looked like a big tuning fork on top of it. Of course, it was surrounded by the henchmen.

“Beast Boy, we have to take down that machine, otherwise we’ll be doing this all day,” Rachel said, not willing to use his real name in front of Brain. I’m her distraction, a robot had gotten through her defenses and struck at her, knocking her across the floor and separating her from Garfield.

Beast Boy swung around in a circle, changing into a stegosaurus. It was easy to stop himself from getting overwhelmed when he was the biggest thing in the room. The dinosaurs tail kept the sharp handed henchmen at bay, piercing the bodies of the ones that chose to get too close. “A brain is a organ?” He asked, shaking off any robot parts on his tail.

Of course they weren’t just popping out of thin air, they were being made by a machine. Beast Boy stampeded his way over towards the machine and suddenly the green dinosaur was no more. He shrunk into a squirrel, winding his way through the robots that clanged into each other trying to capture him. Beast Boy found some random wires and chewed until finally the machine short circuited.

He scurried away as the machine blew up, hurrying to Raven’s side as he turned back into a stegosaurus in order to properly protect his ally. “Rae are you okay?” He asked while staving back the robots.

“You heroes only continue to delay the inevitable…..Whether it be today or another day, you will fall by our hands…”

Beast Boy crushed a few more henchmen like soda cans beneath his multiple ton foot and yelled out. “You don’t even have hands you dummy!”

Rachel had opened her eyes just in time to see the machine power off and a squirrel to transform into a stegosaurus right in front of her. She rubbed her head and slowly stood up. "Just peachy," she said in response to Garfield's concern.

While Bran gave a stereotypical villain line and Garfield came up with a stereotypical Beast Boy response, Rachel looked for how Brain could be watching them while not being there. She found a camera on the ceiling that was angled towards them. She was certain that must be it.

"Show's over. Azarath Metrion Zinthos!" Her eyes flashed white and black energy shot up towards the camera, breaking it in half. Now, without the audience, they could finally end this.

She shot black discs at the rest of the robots and, along with the help of her friendly neighborhood green dinosaur, took down the rest of the ambush. Rachel slumped against the wall to give herself a breather and refocus. There was a lot to process about what just happened and what it means for her and Garfield.

"I don't think this job is worth the benefits, Gar."

Beast Boy squashed his final robot with the weight of his body before walking over to Rachel and laying his giant head on her lap, slowing changing to himself. Garfield looked up at Rachel and laughed before groaning, holding his sides. “I liked being a movie star while it lasted.” He sat up slowly and looked down at his sides. There were two slashed that corresponded with where his dinosaur body was injured at during the fight.

Garfield frowned and looked down, pulling on his black hoodie that was now stained in green blood. “Aw man….I like this hoodie a lot..” He complained. His eyes quickly looked at Rachel and examined her. “Are you hurt? Did they cut you too?” It was clear Garfield’s concerns were on Rachel before his own self.

Rachel frowned. She had only received the bump on her head from being punched across the room. Garfield looked way worse off.

“Worry about yourself. I’m not the one that was ambushed.” Stepping closer to him, she gently placed her hands on the slashes showing through his torn hoodie. Slowly she chanted, “Azarath Metrion Zinthos” and the cuts faded away as if they were days old instead of just moments. He was being so considerate towards her, it was the least she could do.

“Are you ok?” She asked, taking her eyes off the now healed wounds to look in his eyes. Rachel had seen how scared he was, no jokes can change that. “It’s not every day your cover is blown and your nearly killed.”

Garfield winced a little at Rachel’s touch before relaxing, letting her work her magic. He exhaled in relief while touching on his healed wounds. “Thank you Rachel.” In all honesty Garfield was exhausted after using his powers for that long. He didn’t have much energy to be more positive than he felt.

Garfield looked at Rachel and sighed, breaking eye contact. “I’m just happy you were here. If it weren’t for you…..” He didn’t want to finish his words but they were obvious. He looked back up at Rachel and frowned. “I don’t have nothing no more. He took my job and he said he knows where I live!” Garfield angrily kicked the scrap head of a dismembered robot. “I didn’t even know it was him the whole time cause I’m so dumb.” His emotions were starting to get the best of him. “Like c’mon dude. Brian-Brain.” He facepalmed and started to walk off. “I don’t want to get you hurt Rachel….You should definitely stay away from me…..” Garfield wanted to be with Rachel but the last thing he wanted was to see her hurt.

Rachel held out her hand and created a wall in front of Garfield, blocking him from leaving.

“Yeah, not gonna happen.” Rachel caught up to Garfield and reached out to touch his arm.

“That’s exactly what Brain wants, us to be alone he can can pick us off one by one. I’m not going to let that happen. You’re not leaving me again.”

She released his arm and the wall in front of him. “You can go, but I’m just going to go on after you. I know where you live too. No matter what, we’re surviving this together, Garfield.”

Garfield reached out and touched the pitch black wall in front of him. He hadn’t thought that Rachel would disagree with considering she was more of a loner in the first place. His heart raced trying to figure out a good reason why she was wrong.

A few moments when by after Rachel let his arm go. Garfield turned to her and looked concerned for this entire situation. “You really think we’re safer together?” He asked. It may have seemed like a dumb question but Garfield trusted Rachel’s thought process before his own any day.

Garfield walked up to Rachel and gave her another one of his signature deep hugs, letting the embrace wash his worries away. He let go and looked her in the eyes. “I’m really glad you’re here with me Rae.” Garfield was a bit more serious that normal but the moment was enough for his tendencies to die down slightly.

“I didn’t think so, but I do now,” Rachel had replied before Garfield gave her a big deep hug. She wasn’t a hugger, she ducked at it too, but it helped her just as much as it helped him.

“I’m glad I’m here too,” she said quietly, before turning to go look at Brain’s machine. With any luck, maybe there’d be some indication as to where Brain could be hiding so they can end this quickly and quietly. There wasn’t much, but there was a serial number on one of the machine plates. She made a mental note of the number and put it away to think about later.

She stood up, deciding on their next step. “Ok. We’ll go to your place, grab everything you’ll need for a couple days and we’ll go back to my place. Brain won’t attack us again so soon, so it should be safe to go now. We’ll decide what to do next after we’re rested.”

Garfield watched Rachel while she walked over to the machine, going over to pick up the bag she had dropped. He then followed over to her, jumping at one of the robots that glitched on the ground. “These things are creepy.”

Garfield scratched his head and tried to think for a moment. “Uh does that mean I gotta leave my house forever? Does that also mean I gotta find a new job?” He was satisfied with the money he was making as a “movie star” but unfortunately it was all a ruse. Garfield have a small frown before nodding his head. “Sweet, let’s go get my stuff then.” He tried his best to sound like things were alright with him but inside he was a bit scared for the both of them.

Rachel walked over and grabbed her backpack and the bag of paints. And here she thought painting was going to be her biggest worry of the day.

“Once we get rid of the brotherhood, your identity will be safe again, so you’ll be able to go back to your apartment,” She shrugged. “You may need a new employer though. I don’t think I ever want to come back to this place. Let’s get out of here.”

Being outside after the dark studio ambush felt incredibly welcoming. Rachel felt just a little bit more hopeful about their current situation.

“Hey, we just beat a bad guy. I should order us pizza or something.” Rachel thought back to all the times after defeating a bad guy, the titans would go out to pizza. She didn’t think going anywhere other than a quick trip to Garfield’s and straight to her place would be safe right now, but there’s always delivery.

These things truly made Garfield wonder if he would ever truly get his life back. They couldn’t defeat the entire brotherhood of evil over their entire reign as the Teen Titans. Now there were just two of them and he wasn’t sure if they could do it. “Same…” Garfield never wanted to see another movie studio again after today.

As they walked, the sound of food, pizza to be direct, made him perk up noticeably. “Oh can we get toppings too or just cheese? Also make sure there’s no meat dude.” Garfield reminded Rachel even though it wasn’t necessary. He didn’t want to make Rachel’s mod any worse so he specified. “Wait can I get a WHOLE pizza? I can even pay!” Garfield was already hungry enough for two whole pizzas but since he had no job, he didn’t want to overspend.

“Yeah, I think we earned toppings,” Rachel said with a grin. “How about I cover this one?” She didn’t feel comfortable taking his money right now, not when he just lost his job.

In no time they arrived at Garfield’s place. “How about you pack what you need and I’ll order the pizza?” She suggested. She had actually remembered to bring her phone this time, and maybe she’ll order more pizza than necessary. Her apartment was not company ready as she’s never had guests before. Rachel figured if he was hungry he could have the leftover pizza until they go food shopping.

Garfield rubbed his stomach at the thought of food. He hadn’t had a good pizza since a few weeks ago when he last ordered. “Aw you don’t hafta do that Rae.” It was a sweet gesture that he wouldn’t argue for much longer.

Garfield tried to take his mind off of Brain but the silence was a bit hard to conjure up any thoughts besides him being killed at the hands of a talking pickle jar. When they got home he was relieved to actually have something to do with his hands. “Gotcha I’ll get all my stuff. Can I bring my games?” Garfield asked, heading towards his room in the back.

"Sure. I have a TV," Rachel said as she looked up the number for a pizza parlor. She found it and mindlessly paced the living room while she waited for someone to pick up. She ordered 2 pizzas; one with all the non-meat toppings she could think of and one cheese. They took down her address and told her it would be delivered in 45-60 minutes. Rachel ended the call and threw her phone back in her bag.

"You almost done? We probably shouldn't stay here too long." She called out, going to the window facing the street and looking out. Everyone walking outside looked suspicious, or maybe it was just the paranoia kicking in. There was no way Brain would organize another attack so quickly. They were safe for now. Or at least that's what she told herself.

Just as she was about to clothes the blinds on the window, she saw someone heading towards the apartment. It could have been someone who lived in one of the apartments underneath Garfield, but something about him caught Rachel's eye. He was a large man mostly covered by a large trench coat and big-rimmed hat. What she could see of the man's face, which wasn't a lot, he was very hairy. He reached out and knocked on the door at the bottom of the building. His hand, too, was hairy. Or rather, furry.

"Uh Gar, is there an emergency exit for this building?" She asked, quickly stepping away from the window and closing the blinds so she wouldn't be seen.

Garfield thought about what to bring clothing wise and tapped his chin. He immediately took off his ruined hoodie and tossed it in the bottom of his duffel bag and started grabbing clothes. It consisted of sweatpants, skinny jeans, long sleeve shirts, hoodies, and of course socks and underwear. Garfield put on a purple hoodie to replace the one he had taken off and stood over his items. He tossed a few toiletries inside along with his shoes and grabbed another bag, heading into the living room.

Garfield started neatly stacking consoles in the bottom of his bag before putting the game cases on top. “Uhhh I think there’s a fire escape out the window in my room, why?” He zipped up the oversized bags before lugging them over his shoulders. Garfield led Rachel to his room, bed stripped of blankets and pillows, closet open and a few clothing items on the floor, and dresser draws open and empty.

“Because unless you’re expecting guests from the zoo, Monsieur Mallah is on his way up here.” Rachel could have kicked herself for being so wrong. She only saw Mallah, but there could be more with him. She could have just gotten them into another trap.

“We should go before he gets up here. The last thing we need is a fight in close quarters.” Luckily it looked like Garfield had finished packing. Rachel raced to the window and thrust it open. Leaning her head through, she saw that the emergency exit was an old rusty red metal staircase that looked as if no one used it for centuries and could collapse at any second.

“Looks safe.” She said sarcastically. “Hand me some of your bags. We should even out our weight. I don’t know what the limit on this thing is.”

Garfield shuddered at the mention of that gorilla. Of course where Brain was involved with something, Mallah was typically closer to than away from the situation. Garfield didn’t need to be told twice to leave when someone connected to the Brotherhood, or Brain for that fact, was involved. He moved to the side as Rachel rushed out the window and handed her the lighter of the two bags.

Garfield looked down from inside when Rachel stepped out and shuddered. “Dude, I wish I didn’t live all the way up here.” He admitted, regretting the choice now they were this high up. “Uhh can I just turn into a flying dinosaur and get us outta here?” Garfield would replace comfort/convenience for subtlety any day of the week.

Rachel hadn’t even thought to use her powers. She hadn’t flown in years. “Good point. But we should still try not to be seen. We don’t want the brotherhood following us.”

As if in reply, there was a knock on the door. Mallah must not think they know he’s coming, which gives them a little bit more time. She put her finger to her lips to indicate quiet, then carefully stepped out onto the emergency exit.

Garfield sighed in relief before helping Rachel get the bag out the window. “Sweet…Imma follow you since I don’t remember the way…” He whispered, watching the doorway in case the gorilla knocked his door down. Once Rachel was off the rickety fire escape Garfield climbed out, closing the window before handing Rachel his bag.

“Hold this for a sec” Garfield asked before jumping off a good distance from the building and turning into a car sized pterodactyl. He grabbed the bag from Rachel and his Dino head swiveled around. “I haven’t been this dude in FOREVER!” Garfield was excited to be using his powers again but under these circumstances, it was probably an inappropriate reaction.

Rachel shut the window behind them just as the front door was forced open. “This way, quickly.”

She flew straight up in the air to get out of sight, then made a 180 and flew over Garfield’s building to the east. Thanks to it being later in the day, the sun was behind them and not blinding. If this weren’t a dire circumstance, Rachel might have enjoyed the fact that she was finally flying again.

It would have been a strange sight from down on the ground if anyone chose to look up. A pterodactyl and a young woman flying through the air holding big bulky bags. For Jump City though, it wasn’t strangest thing the citizens have seen by a long shot, or at least it wasn’t three years ago.

Rachel decided not to go home straight away, in case there was anyone watching them. She flew past a construction site, the abandoned library, and Mad Mod’s ling-destroyed Mansion.

“Ok. I think we’re good,” Rachel called to the giant Dinosaur beside her. She led them back to civilization and to the quieting street which she now called home. Slowly and cautiously, she lowered herself down.

Garfield wasn’t use to being an aerial creature of this size so it took him a second to get the hang of exactly how fast he was going and how many times he needed to flap his large wings. At first it was pretty fun flying around and seeing all the pretty lights of the sunset mixed with the city lights.

It didn’t take long for his fatigue to catch up with his reptilian body, feeling as if though he had hit an invisible, levitating wall. Garfield definitely wished he didn’t do all those loop de loops in the beginning of their flight and maybe he wouldn’t be so tired. He had the will to talk to Rachel but his need to breathe overrode that thought easily.

When Rachel signaled for them to land, Garfield dropped like a stone and was instantly human, bag on the ground and bent over with his hands on his knees. “I….huff… coulda sworn….huff…it was closer last time….” Garfield went to lay on the sidewalk out in the open and used the bag as a makeshift pillow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back