• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Beast Boy and Raven (Closed)

Garfield leaned forward in his bean bag, which took more effort than expected. When the Lakitu appeared on the screen, Garfield waited until the creature reached two before he held down his go button and shot ahead. He held in laughter as he looked at Rachel’s split screen. “Rae you gotta wait until he says two until you press it.” Garfield explained with a tone that made it seem obvious.

Of course he was cruising along in first place while simultaneously giving pointers to Rachel. “Listen, when you go round curves you gotta drift in the right way. If you do it long enough then you get a like speed boost.” It was nice teaching Rachel something and not vice versa for a change.

Rachel stiffened and pressed her finger harder on the A button. Her kart wobbled from side to side as she floundered her way through the course. She wasn’t in last, but not nearly close enough to the front than she wanted.

The turns were the worst. She tried drifting as Garfield told her, but she didn’t know the “right way” to do it so it didn’t help much. Then, her kart ran through a floating box. She noticed she had a blue shell in her inventory.

“How do I use an item?” She asked, desperately hitting buttons. She must have hit the right one, for a blue shell twirled in the air ahead of her kart. “Where’d it go?”

Garfield was busy trying to fight for first with Bowser and Daisy as Rachel struggled for top seven. He finally successfully weeded out the competition when she asked a relatively simple question. “Oh just press that back left button.” He explained while drifting away on the second lap.

A moment of realization crossed his face when he saw the blue shell leave Rachel’s shy guy. “Aw come on!! I just got to first place.” He complained as the shell crashed down on him and soon before he was passed by the perpetrator herself. Garfield pouted but a smile peaked through realizing Rachel was making her way to first. “I see you Rae!”

Rachel passed the Yoshi still spinning thanks to the blue shell and grinned. “Oh, that’s what that does.”

She was still having a problem with controlling her kart, especially at the turns, but she found she was now getting closer and closer to first place. She passed a girl in orange and was just behind the big spikes turtle guy. Bowser, was it? He was in first and she was right on his tail. Up ahead there was a row of boxes, but because she was right behind Bowser, she didn’t get an item. He, of course did, and she found out really quickly what item he had gotten.

All of a sudden, a banana peel popped behind him, and she was too close to switch out of the way. The shy guy and his kart did a flip, and even though Rachel kept her finger down on the acceleration button, the character took a moment to readjust itself, leaving room for her competitors to zoom passed.

“No way,” she groaned, not even realizing how much she was getting into the game.

Garfield had sat up even more, realizing he might have to actually take this serious if he wanted to win. Sometimes he hated items. It’s like he always got the bad ones! He drove eagerly and became laser focused. Garfield nearly bounced out of his chair when he got the double item boxes. “Ooo I got something for you Rae….”

Garfield evilly glared at the three red shells he had gotten and used them properly. He saved the very last one for when he was behind Rachel and sent it hurtling towards her. Garfield laughed manically while moving past his unfortunate guest and working on regaining his crown from Daisy.

“You’re doing pretty good mama.” He said bumping shoulders with Rachel, not trying to mess her up but rather to initiate a small form of contact. Garfield personally didn’t know if he was going to win this considering all the unlucky things that were happening with the stupid items.

Rachel saw the red shell heading toward her and swirled out of the way, hitting the side of the course. It didn’t help, the red shell followed its target and hit anyway. She clutched the controller tighter as Yoshi whizzed passed her.

In reply to Garfield’s response, Rachel glared sideways at him and said, “you’re going to regret that.” When Rachel got the drive to win, she didn’t know. Maybe after realizing she possibly could, having been in second place before.

She finally drove passed the starting line a second time. The little turtle on the cloud showed up again to indicate that it was the last lap. She put all her focus on her screen, learning her lesson and making sure to hit each item box along the way. Eventually, she found herself towards the front again, but still no sign of Garfield.

After rounding a corner, she finally spotted him. There was a green shell in her inventory, and while she didn’t know what the difference was between the red, blue, and green shells, she knew it had to be good enough to get her in first.

The finish line was in sight, so she had to act quickly. “I win, ninja turtle,” she said, and released her green shell. The green shell, to Rachel’s surprise and misfortune, missed.

Garfield could see tell Rachel was getting in the zone just like usually was. He never expected her to take a “silly video game” serious, but maybe it was just natural when having competitive fun to want to win. “Whatcha gonna do about it?” Garfield teased as he started to get a good lead on the second place computer.

Garfield had been holding a banana behind him in case a red shell came behind him but so far things were easy cruising. Unfortunately he had accidentally let go of it so he was left with nothing for protection. Garfield finally saw the finish line and leaned forward, mashing the go button harder as if it would help.

When Rachel threw the green shell, Garfield’s anxiety reached an all time high as he watched it on her screen. “No no no no no no!!” As if Lady Luck was shining down on him, the green shell harmlessly hurtled forwards past him as if it had no care in the world.

Garfield waited until he crossed the finished line before celebrating, hopping up and dancing around. “In your face Rach! This ninja lives in first place” He poked Rachel’s cheeks before plopping back down into the bean bag chair, victorious. “You almost had it though!” Garfield reassured her with a cocky smile.

Rachel fell back into the bean bag chair in defeat, rubbing her cheek where Garfield poked her. She couldn’t believe how close she had been to victory. Talk about beginner’s luck.

Calming down from the rush of a game against the clock, she admitted, “It’s a silly game. But I guess it’s a little bit fun.” Realizing what she just confessed, she quickly added, “Not that fun though. I still don’t see the excitement over it.”

She frowned and crossed her arms. “It’s not that hard. I bet I can beat you next time, now that I know what I’m doing,”

Garfield nodded in agreement while putting them back at the main menu. “It’s a BUNCH of fun, you know you enjoyed it Mama.” He corrected while going to put the controller down. When Rachel mentioned the possibility of beating him he immediately picked the controller back up.

“Oh is that challenge Rae? You think you can beat the green team?” Garfield scrolled back to the versus and picked green Yoshi once more. He was determined this time and reached over to Rachel. “Don’t be such a sore loser and pick yo shy guy.” Garfield teased while waiting on a decision from last race’s second place holder.

Rachel glanced at the time on her phone, not wanting to be the reason Garfiekdthen promptly put it away. “Fine. I guess one more game won’t hurt.”

She lowered her hood and picked up her controller. “You can’t be a sore loser if you win.”

She picked her blue shy guy again, but chose the Mach 8 kart instead or the standard kart.

“Start the game, Gar.” Her thumb rested over the accelerate button, determined not to make the same mistake she made the first time. “I don’t lose twice.”

Garfield laughed at Rachel’s premature declaration knowing that things would be slightly different this go around. “Oh yeah? Then that means I can put it alllllll the way to 200 cc then right?” He laughed maniacally as he turned the speed all the way up and left the rest of the settings alone.

As the Lakitu began counting down, Garfield instantly pressed his button when the two popped up and shot forwards in front of the group. “You know, I never thought you’d be so bad at video games Rach.” At this point He was attempting to get inside of Rachel’s head before taking her item boxes so she got none.

Several of the characters shot forward on go, but not Rachel. She had pressed her button too late this time, still not getting the timing right. At least she didn’t spin out of control, so she wasn’t yet in last place.

“I had a horrible teacher,” Rachel retorted. All of the item boxes were gone by the time she got to them. The robot racers were definitely more difficult this time. A guy with a green hat threw a green shell at her, which was annoying but it proved that green shells could be helpful if used properly.

At the turn she was finally able to perform a perfect drift to get passed two more racers, bringing her up to 5th place. Another row of item boxes was waiting for her, and it decided to give her a banana peel. Based on experience, she knew banana peels are for the people behind her, but she had just spotted a green Yoshi in front of her.

“Don’t suppose there’s a way to throw bananas in front of you, is there, professor?”

Garfield was half focused on the words Rachel was saying and half focused on not falling off the map. Even he had to actually try now that things got a little more serious. “I’m a AWESOME teacher. I’m like a professor or something.” He responded as he narrowly avoided a computer who happened to have a piranha plant.

It wasn’t often that Garfield failed to notice things about Rachel’s appearance but when she asked him about the banana, his eyes wandered slightly. Even though he had seen her without her hood before, Garfield never could get enough of simply seeing Rachel for who she was. “Uhhh….” His kart slammed into the wall as he shook himself out of his sight trance.

Seeing the competitors close in on him, Garfield quickly answered Rachel. “You just holds that left stick forward then press the throw button.” He explained while hoping to get something good from his double item box.

Rachel did what Garfield said, and threw the banana fat ahead of the track. He had missed the banana, swerving over to the side. When he rammed into the wall, Rachel was able to sneak passed and take the lead.

“Would you look at that? Maybe I’m not so bad after all,” Rachel said. She snuck a glance at Garfield to see if he saw, which was a mistake because she forgot to look out for her own banana. Her head snapped back just in time to see her error and her loss of first place. We’ll that was embarrassing.

“Ok, lesson learned.” The other racers whizzed passed her. It was going to take a lot for her to catch up now, and not much time to do it with the final lap beginning.

Garfield laughed himself silly when Rachel ran into her own banana peel. Of course it had been something he had done before but it was much funnier witnessing someone else besides him fall victim to their own devices. As they entered the third lap, Garfield tried to hold his drift a little too long and went off the edge of the map.

“NOOOOOOOOOO!!” He yelled, seeing what was taking place but too slow to react properly. Garfield huffed watching Rachel zoom past as he was finally unlatching from the helpful Lakitu’s hook. Sixth place was no good for as much trash he was talking but out of the corner of his eye he saw a blue blob on the mini map.

“Hope you’re not in first Rae. That would suuuuuuuck.” Garfield laughed while collecting three mushrooms from his mystery box. Of course it being his luck the blue shell barely missed him, things starting to look up.

Rachel glanced at Garfield’s screen and saw him fall to his doom. She didn’t even know falling off the track was a possibility. Her hands held on tighter to her control, determined not to suffer the same fate.

“Why? Do you have a blue shell?” She asked. She wasn’t in first place, but she had made it to third and was determined to stay at least ahead of Garfield.

She saw a blue shell whizz passed her and hit orange dress lady in front. Rachel was now in second and catching up to the big turtle guy in first. The course was just about over, the finish line in view, when all of a sudden out of nowhere a ghost thing popped in front of her and sprayed her screen with ink. In surprise, Rachel swerved and flung herself off the track.

“No!” She gasped, watching as the other racers took her finish. The little turtle guy on the cloud brought her back just as Garfield was coming round the bend. She can still beat him! He was directly behind her, but she just needed to hold on for a short length longer.

Garfield looked at Rachel’s split screen and groaned seeing that she wasn’t in first. He got a little bit ahead of himself with the trash talk but it didn’t matter. “No but you better watch your back.” He warned her.

Garfield had grown a small resistance to the squid ink and simply squinted his eyes to try and ignore the semitransparent black splotch on the screen. His eyes widened at the sight of Rachel falling off the map and he pressed his button in to the point he thought it would get stuck.

Garfield realized he and Rachel were neck and neck as the final lap was coming to a close. He prayed for something to happen but he had no items that would help him. The final item boxes had given him…… a coin. Garfield’s frustration peaked as they crossed the finish line and he had indeed lost this time around. He collapsed in his bean bag, going limp while slowly sliding down to the floor. “Uggggggggggggh”

Rachel released her controller upon impact with the finish line. Her hands were cramped from being so stiff for so long. She cracked her fingers and stretched them.

“Ok, I’ll admit it. It’s harder than it looks.” She lay back against the bean bag chair and looked over at Garfield who had slid down to the floor.

“But I beat you. Guess that means your not completely hopeless as a teacher.”

She realized she had gotten way too comfortable, so she threw her hood back on and sat up straighter. She stared at him defeated on the floor.

“Are you always this intense with video games?”

Garfield didn’t feel as bad or angry as he normally did when he lost, which was a bit odd to him. He was use to being more upset but it wasn’t that bad. His emerald eyes looked up at Raven and laughed. “I told ya I was a good teacher.”

Even thought it was subtle, Garfield was able to catch her putting her hood back up. “I mean sometimes I chill and sometimes it’s like that. Only when I’m playing against someone though.” He explained as he slowly rolled over onto his stomach and pushed himself up. “But you had fun, right?” That essentially was the most important part about video games to Garfield. The idea of enjoying yourself whether things got a little competitive or not.

“It was…enlightening. Thank you for sharing it with me,” Rachel said slowly, not willing to admit just how much fun she did have. The way he was looking at her with his big green eyes made her feel like he already knew that. It was scary, being seen so clearly by him.

“I still prefer books though. TVs rot your brain,” she said crossing her arms, putting her facade back on. She shifted uncomfortably in the bean bag chair until she was able to stand up.

“We should go. I don’t know how long it’s going to take to paint a tiger. Can’t say I’ve ever done it before, and we have to make it look convincing.” Rachel was getting concerned about the whole painting business. His identity could be blown if she makes one mistake, but she also didn’t want him struggling to do it himself, that would be even more of a disaster.

Garfield was glad to hear the truth from Rachel even though she tried to make it seem she wasn’t having that much fun. He shook his head and rebuttaled her statement quickly. “That’s not true! Look at me. I watch TV all the time and my brain is a okay.” Or at least that’s what he thought personally to a certain extent.

At this time Garfield actually agreed with Rachel about having to get started on his body paint. “Yeah yeah I got it.” He went towards the back and shuffled around for a few minutes before coming back with tubes of body paint. He made sure to get black, orange, white, and brown which covered all the bases in his mind. Garfield put them in a book bag before adding in some brushes. “I think you can come with me to the studio and we can do it there. I’ll talk my talky talk and convince them you’re an animal trainer.” He said, tossing the bag over his shoulder.

Rachel wondered how on earth the studio would be convinced by Garfield that she was an animal trainer. Then again, they have believed him on everything else so far.

As they left Garfield’s apartment, she thought about it more and more. It just didn’t seem to make sense. If Garfield has been doing this on his own the whole time, didn’t the studio wonder where he went when the animal comes out?

“How did you do it without an animal trainer? You can’t be both at the same time,” Rachel questioned.

Garfield never gave in most thought to his fortunate situations, he just enjoyed them while they happened. “I mean, I was just like they’re really well trained and they’ll just be ready.” He shrugged his shoulders as he locked his door. “Oh I almost forgot.” Garfield ran back in to grab something and came back out.

“Here.” He handed her the Nintendo switch which had Mario Kart still inside. “So you can practice at home.” Garfield suggested before kicking the door once more. He didn’t know why Raven was being worried for seemingly no reason. “Don’t worry Rae, Brian said that he trusts me so it’s all good.” Garfield referenced his supposed boss.

It seemed like things only got better and better when they arrived to the actual studio. Garfield always remembered which building he was supposed to go into since it had a big 7 on it, making it easy to recognize. There were a couple cars there and the giant building seemed quite empty. “Hmm you stay here and let me go talk to Brian. I’ll come back and let you in.” Garfield assured, leaving the bag with Rachel. He walked off into the building without even letting Rachel speak a word.

Rachel watched as Garfield walked into the Stage 7 building by himself, then looked around. She had never been on a movie set before, so she had no idea how it was supposed to be, but she had assumed there would be people around. The whole place looked…deserted.

“Relax… this is all normal. You’re just being paranoid” she told herself. Rachel picked up the switch Garfield had given her, deciding maybe to play a game while she waited, but couldn’t bring herself to do it and ended up just throwing it in her backpack.

“I should have brought a book,” she said. Rachel looked back at the door, wondering when he was going to come back. She argued with herself until finally she came up with a compromise.

“Ok. Five minutes. Five minutes and you go in.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back