• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Beast Boy and Raven (Closed)

Rachel threw a frown on her face as if to prove that she never so much as grinned in her life, combatting just laughter. “I do not snort, and I do not laugh.”

She stared at the train tracks, now wanting the train to come faster as well. Luckily, there were only a few more minutes left until it was supposed to arrive. A couple more citizens were showing up now and buying tickets. Rachel watched them all suspiciously. The brotherhood was still a thing after all, and while there was a possibly Monsieur Mallah and Madame Rouge died in the explosion, she couldn’t know for sure. Satisfied that she didn’t sense anything suspicious, she turned back to the still laughing Garfield.

“How do you do that? You just… laugh so easily.”

Garfield nearly fell off the bench when Rachel tried denying her true habits. It was something she did that he found cute to be honest, but he knew she wasn’t the type to be cute, which made it even better in his eyes.

He wiped a tear from his eye when Rachel spoke up about his lack of difficulty when it came to laughter. “Uhhh…I guess I just laugh at stuff I like. Or whenever I think of something funny. No way am I gonna hold back laughing about something like that, it’s cute. “ Garfield explained while sitting up. “I think cuz I didn’t use to see you laugh a bunch back then it’s waaaay better now ‘specially cuz it’s me making you laugh.”

Rachel's frown deepened, but she looked away to hide that she couldn't hold it, a grin pushing its way through. "I told you, you're not funny. And you don't make me laugh."

She stood up from her seat. "Why is this train taking forever?" Now the impatient one, she grabbed her bags and plunged forward into the rain, headed towards the platform. People were starting to line up as well, dealing with the rain to get the chance to pick their seat first. Rachel did not have a watch, but she sensed that the train should be arriving any minute now. She wanted to make sure she got a window seat so she can keep an eye on things outside.

Not willing to be so close to the crowd, Rachel stood apart from the other passengers. There were plenty of doors into the train, she couldn't understand why everyone clumped towards the middle of the platform. A high-pitched whistle broke through the sound of rainfall; the train was pulling in. "Finally," Rachel said.

Garfield went to lean into Rachel playfully but fell over when she stood up, his body hitting the bench with an oof. He sat up rubbing his head and looked up at her. “Whatever you say mama…” He knew that she at least laughed because of him whether she meant to or not, so that was enough for him.

Rachel suddenly seemed anxious for the train to arrive as time had passed by. Garfield stood next to her as he heard the whistle sound off. “Hey look it’s here!” He said excited to his partner in crime. He jogged ahead of
Rachel and the ticket collector machine waited for him to enter his ticket before allowing him in. “Please insert ticket.” A few impatient citizens behind him groaned and Garfield turned to Rachel. “Uh you got those tickets?” He realized he may have gotten a bit ahead of himself.

Rachel nudged Garfield aside and took out the tickets, ignoring the groans of the people behind them. The tickets zipped into the machine, popping out a second later with hole punches in them, indicating that they did not sneak into the train or reuse the tickets.

“Come on,” Rachel said, grabbing the tickets again and hopping onto the train. They were one of the first few people inside, but it was filling up quickly. Rachel grabbed a seat to the right that faced towards the front of the train. She scooted in so that she was against the window, able to see the remaining people waiting to get on.

“See, no time travel needed.” Rachel said with a shrug.

Garfield watched as Rachel squeezed past him and used the tickets she purchased for them. He nervously laughed at the people who were behind him and followed Rachel to wherever she wanted to sit.

Garfield shook his head in defiance. “Still took a whole hour or something.” He estimated before looking out the window along with Rachel. After the train started to move, Garfield gently shook Rachel’s shoulder and leaned in. “Can we switch seats? I wanna look outside too!” He continued to softly move Rachel’s shoulder back and forth as he put on his big puppy eyes.

As much as she didn’t want to admit it, she couldn’t resist the puppy dog eyes. She used to be able to, but the past few years obviously made her soft. Rachel sighed and rolled her eyes.

“Fine, but keep an eye out for anything suspicious.” Rachel carefully stood up and made her way around him. Just then, the train made a quick break, causing Rachel to stumble forward and then backwards right onto Garfield’s lap. Quickly she scooted off his lap and next to him.

“Sorry,” she said, pulling her hood over her head again.

Garfield did a fist pump with an overly excited “Yes!” To suit the entire exchange. He let Rachel stand up and put his hands on the seats, sliding over to the window seat. Suddenly he lurched and found a weight in his lap, seeing Rachel having fallen into it.

He blushed heavily and stumbled on his words, not even able to tell Rachel that things were cool. Garfield was quite for a record 20-25 minutes into the train ride before grabbing Rachel and pointing out the window. “Rae, look!” Though the way he said it, it sounded urgent but really was only an owl flying alongside the train.

For the first half hour of the journey, Rachel zoned out, shutting her eyes and letting her soul self stretch out across the landscape. A giant black bird flew across the sky, then plunged straight down into the ocean. Based on what she had researched, Titans East had disbanded just like the Titans. Marble Aqualad went back home to Atlantis… too bad she had no clue where that was. Metropolis was still the better option for finding help, but that didn’t mean she couldn’t try to find help elsewhere.

Rachel was suddenly jolted back into her body by Garfield’s pulling. “W-what?” She asked, straining her eyes to adjust and see out the window. Finally she saw what he was pointing at. An owl.

She released the breath she hadn’t realized she was holding in. Rachel leaned back in her seat again. “I thought it was something important,” she said. “It’s just an owl.”

Garfield was partially shocked that Rachel wasn’t as surprised as he was to see the creature given the circumstances. “Rae! Owls are nocturnal! You don’t see them at day time a bunch.” He began tapping on the glass trying to get the creatures attention. After several annoying taps he quickly transformed into an owl and fluttered with the creature.

The two seemed to chitter before a small child across the way noticed Beast Boy. “Mommy look, that man turned into a birdie?” The boy insisted as he pulled his mother’s hair. Garfield heard the boy and suddenly was himself back in his chair, making sure his hood was up tight over his face.

The woman turned as if you play along and noticed the owl outside the window. “Yes yes James I see it.” She said before returning to her newspaper in hand.

Rachel straightened and tried to block the little boy’s view of Garfield. “Was that really necessary?” She hissed. She glanced over at the boy to see if he was still watching them. It looked like he was, but he was trying to hide the fact as if maybe he could catch it again.

“What does it matter what this owl’s sleep pattern is? Did it tell you anything useful?” She asked.

Garfield held his hands slightly in front of his shoulders and tried to calm down. “Easy there Rae, I was just asking him some stuff.” He said trying to process animal talk to human words in order to relay what he said. “Well the dude said rats taste good, but they’re real gross I bet and I had to tell him bread is way better. He said he’s gonna try some bread but-“ Garfield got the message that he was getting off track and shook his head.

“Oh yeah. He said there’s some heroes he saw in Metropolis called Plastic Man, Hawk Man, and Black Canary.” Garfield explained in hopes that he has made up for his mess up with the whole owl in the train scene.

Rachel waited impatiently, tapping her fingers on her arm until Garfield got to the point. Eventually he did, and luckily it was worth it after all. The kid was losing interest, so Rachel sat back in her seat again, thinking about the three heroes they could possibly meet.

“I think I’ve heard of Black Canary before. Not the other two,” Rachel replied.

Garfield peeked out the corner of his vision and saw the owl flutter off to a nearby section of forest. With his informative friend safe he focused back on Rachel, prepared to give her some more information. “Hey I know Plastic Man! He’s like Mr. Fantastic and can stretch and stuff.” He explained briefly.

Just then a few owls came over to the window and began looking at Garfield. He nervously chuckled and they screeched at him before he turned to Rachel. “They wanna try some bread but I ain’t got none.” Garfield looked around for any possible witnesses and cupped his hands around his mouth, pressing them to the window. Without turning into an owl he quickly hooted a few things and though displeased, the owls flew back towards their decently sized group of trees that were alongside the rolling train.

“I told them if they see us in Metropolis then I’ll gets them some bread” Garfield said with a satisfied smile. It had been a few months since he had unlocked the ability to use animal speech in his human form but he often forgot about it in the moments and didn’t use it. Thankfully Rachel was there or he most likely would’ve turned back into an owl unnecessarily.

Rachel wasn’t as thrilled about the prospect of being followed by a flock of owls until they got bread, but she didn’t say anything. At least they flew away now so the kid can stop looking over at them. There was still a long way to go.

“You said you know Plastic Man. Do you know a way we can contact him?” She asked, wondering if they can forego the whole play-acting plan.

Garfield figured that Rachel must’ve misunderstood what he meant by ‘I know Plastic Man.’ He shook his head “I don’t really know him Rae, I just know who he is. Don’t know Hawk Man and Black Canary. Are a bunch of superheroes named after birds?” It was pretty interesting that animals gave certain people their powers, or that’s what Beast Boy figured considering that’s how Spider-Man got his powers.

After things were cleared up the loudspeaker sounded off about their trip. “Attention, We will be approaching Metropolis in 30 minutes. Please enjoy the ride.” Garfield groaned and leaned against Rachel, his shoulder above her own due to his height. “Rae you want the window back? Imma get some shut eye.” His head leaned down and he shifted his body to move his head down and rest Rachel’s shoulder.

Rachel was going to say yes that she would like the window seat, but Garfield had already made himself comfortable against her should, so she didn’t want to move him.

Instead. She scrunched down a bit in her seat and got comfortable herself. If they were thirty minutes away from Metropolis, maybe she can go in ahead and see what they were in for. She shut her eyes again and released her soul self into the air. The big black bird soared along the railroad tracks for a long while before it came across what must be Metropolis.

Metropolis looked a whole lot busier than Jump a city, although maybe it just looked bigger and badder because Rachel wasn’t familiar to it. A couple landmarks stood out, the Daily Planet building for one, with its giant globe on the top. Lexcorp was what really interested Rachel. It was one of the tallest buildings in the city with a huge logo saying Lexcorp on the side. This man obviously didn’t feel the need to hide, so why was he hiding in Jump City?

“Attention passengers. Metropolis is our next stop. This is the end of the line so all passengers must depart from the train. All leftover items will be left at the station. Thank you for using JC Transit.”

Rachel’s soul shot back into her body. “Gar, wake up.” She rubbed his arm. “It’s our stop.”

Garfield went to sleep quicker than he’d admit while resting himself against Rachel. He dreamt a rather odd dream of being an owl with some owl buddies and they were pecking at a rat’s corpse. Garfield in particular was the odd one out as he walked over to the group and signaled them towards some bread. The entire parliament of owls went over to the food suggested by the vegan and began devouring the bread.

Garfield smiled in his sleep as Rachel rubbed his arm, rubbing her cheek as if she was an owl. “I told you dudes bread is the waaaay….” He slowly opened his eyes and turned to Rachel before sitting up and jolting back towards the window. “You’re totally not an owl..” He nervously got up and let her out first before getting his bags.

When they walked out, Garfield nearly fell over looking up at all the tall buildings. Some of them made Titan Tower look like a dog house. “Whoa, this place is way huger than back home.” His hoodie fell off while he looked up at the skyscraper just outside the station. He didn’t really mind considering the wind felt good on his pointed green ears.

Rachel stiffened at Gar rubbing her face, but she was relieved that he was, in fact, just dreaming about the owls and not… something else. He seemed just as embarrassed as she was, which made her grin. He’s cute when he’s embarrassed, not that she’s going to tell him that.

Having already seen Metropolis through her soul self, Rachel was not as shocked by the vastness of the city as Gar was. “Maybe too huge. It’s going to be that much harder trying to find some help here,” she replied. She noticed that Garfield’s hood fell off, so she reached up to try and pull it back over his head, having to use her full height to do so.

“Lexcorp is over that way. The Daily Planet is just down the street, that tall building with the globe.” Rachel pointed out the buildings that she recognized from her earlier scouting.

Garfield was almost too engaged in the sight of giant buildings to notice his hood had fallen off. He smiled “Thanks Rae.” He said in gratuitous fashion while walking alongside Rachel. He turned to her with a confused look on her face. “Wait, I thought you said you ain’t ever been to Metropolis? How come you know all this stuff?”

Before Rachel could even answer, Garfield gave a sarcastic like answer. “Lemme guess, you read it inna book or something?” He teased while the hustle and bustle occurred around them as if the two weren’t even there. Maybe it was good no one noticed them since they wanted to be secret and stuff.

“No actually,” Rachel said defensively as the pushed through the crowds of people. There are plenty of reasons why Rachel is. Or a people person. This is one of them. As much as she like the anonymity, it was annoying being shoved around by strangers who didn’t no, or care, that she was right there.

“While you were dreaming about your owl friends, I sent my soul-self to check out the city,” she explained. They were heading in the location of the Daily Planet. Rachel wanted to steer clear of Lexcorp. The last thing they needed was Luthor’s attention.

Rachel noticed an empty alleyway and pulled Garfield by the arm over to it. She felt like she could breath much better just by being out of the crowd. “Ok, I can’t walk in that mob anymore,” she said.

Garfield followed closely behind Rachel, his bags on either side of him being rustled and jumbled around with each passing pedestrian. “Your what?” It was strange how casually Rachel explained what she did as if he was just supposed to know. Maybe it was something she had done before and he had forgotten…

He let himself be pulled into the alleyway with Rachel while turning to look behind them. Garfield rubbed his forehead with the back of his wrist and sighed. “So how come we can’t just find like a hotel or something to stay first? I’m tired of carrying round these bags.” He complained openly.

The sounds of people talking and walking by the alleyway had begun to make Garfield paranoid. Typically he wouldn’t mind or ignored it but the small silence between them really allowed the sound to bore into his mind. Where they out to get him and Rachel? Were they about to attack them? His eyes bounced around from the rooftops to the sidewalk, looking for an enemy trying to find an opening.

Rachel didn’t blame him for complaining, her arms were getting tired as well.

“You’re right. We can’t walk around with all our stuff in this city.” She thought back to what she saw before they arrived, trying to remember a place where they could possibly stay.

“I think I saw a hotel about a block away from the Daily Planet. Let’s try there,” Rachel suggested. It meant they would have to go back into the hustle and bustle, but hopefully not for too much longer. She shifted her bags in the hands again, preparing to step back into the fray. “Ready?”

Garfield was regretting getting two large duffel bags now that he had them dangling from his arms for what seemed like forever. However, he just tried to clear his mind and listen to what Rachel was explaining rather then let his mind get the best of him.

He nodded his head, making sure Rachel went out first, taking into consideration she know what to do so there was a situation similar to boarding the train. As they walked briskly through the crowd, many people bumped into them with a few excuse mes here and there. It reminded Garfield of how in movies, some muggers would bump into people and take their wallet. Thankfully his was in his sock….

“Hey look!” He pointed out a giant building with a red awning walkway and red carpet underneath said awning. “There’s some guy dressed like a butler in front of this hotel.” Garfield said with a chuckle. They walked towards the hotel and the doorman opened the door, tipping his head to the couple. “Good evening.” Garfield took this opportunity and threw on a semi-decent British accent. “Good evening to you my good man.” The green young man bowed before entering the hotel.

He looked up at the ceiling and gasped. A giant, glass chandelier encompassed the middle of the room. It was about 30 feet in diameter and had a few Christmas lights on them. From that point forwards, Garfield knew they were in a fancy establishment and turned to Rachel. “Uhh how do I do this thing so we can get a room?” He most definitely didn’t want to mess things up and leave them without a room.

Rachel didn’t realize she was holding her breath until she finally released it inside the hotel. It had been a while since she had been in a hotel, and definitely never been in one with a British doorman. She rolled at Garfield’s attempt to sound British and stepped inside.

The lobby was so bright thanks to the big beautiful Chandelier and Christmas lights. A huge Christmas tree stood in the center of the lobby, decorated like a Currier and Ives picture. Rachel had forgotten Christmas was right around the corner, and wondered if she should get a present for Garfield. Behind the tree and at the far side of the lobby was a huge desk with key rings behind it.

“Uhh, let’s talk to the guy behind the front desk,” Rachel said. Making there way around the tree, the man behind the front desk, who was dressed in a suit and tie, smiled and greeted them.

“Welcome to the Outlook Hotel! Do you have a reservation?” He asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back