• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Beast Boy and Raven (Closed)

Rachel watched in confusion as the green elephant threw food up in the air. She lifted her hands up, ready to shield above her head, when all of a sudden she was tackled to the ground, taking her breath away. Garfield was right on top of her, pushing her out of the way if the food and laughing it off. As he rolled over, she finally was able to breath again.

“Shapeshifting into animals isn’t fair either, but you don’t see me complaining,” Rachel defended. She glanced over at him and had the sudden urge to do something crazy. Rolling over to her side towards Garfield, she planted a kiss on his cheek.

“You’re the worst,” she said. Sitting herself up, she took a look at her the mess they made. For a moment she wondered if she could clean up the splatter of food, but then she though against it. They were outside after all. Rain will wash it away. She opted to just picking up the trays.

“Come on, Gar. We did enough damage here for one night.”

Garfield rolled his eyes and mocked Rachel’s words with his hand. “Blah blah blah you still lost fair and square.” He said while looking over at the the food that landed around the couple. He hadn’t realized how much a splatter a small amount of food could make when fallen from far above.

Suddenly he felt a surprising warm sensation on his cheek and turned to Rachel. Garfield knew what had happened yet she treated it like it was nothing so he tried to keep his cool though his cheeks remained flushed. He sat up with Rachel and got to his feet. “Alright! Let’s watch a movie or something.”

Garfield was excited to finally relax, that is to say he wasn’t opposed to the time they had spent just then not relaxing. He turned into a green parrot and perched on Rachel’s shoulder. “Now fly me down captain!” Garfield squawked passionately while bobbing his bird head up and down with anticipation

Rachel raised an eyebrow at the parrot on her shoulder that could very easily fly down himself, then sighed.

“Fine. All aboard the Raven express, I guess.” At that, she stepped off the roof and hovered in the air for a moment before lowering herself down the side of the building. She didn’t remember her room number, but luckily didn’t have to because it was the only with the window open. With one swift movement she soared through the window, landing unceremoniously in the middle of the room.

“Tada,” she said monotonously. It wasn’t as much of a relief as she’d thought being back inside. With the window open the whole time they were on the roof, the room was as chilly as it was outside.

Garfield laughed at the unintentional rhyme Rachel had created with what sounded like sarcasm. Of course he picked it up and ran with it. “Woo woo!” He teased while they swiftly descended down the side of the hotel and floated back into their room. Garfield flew off Rachel’s shoulder and poofed back into himself too close the window.

“Wow…you’re the hottest magician ever!” He turned to Rachel after turning around quickly. Garfield smiled while walking towards his bags. He definitely wasn’t planning on just going straight to sleep so he tossed the switch on the bed along with some night clothes. Normally he used to just sleep in his boxers but he couldn’t do that with Rachel around. Some shorts and a tank top would do. “Y’know I hope this TV has TV on it and not just cable.” Garfield said making the least amount of sense possible.

Rachel stared blankly at him, not having any clue what he was talking about. “Uh, yeah…hate when that happens.” As she was finding her own pajamas, she found the remote on the end table.

“Here. Find something to watch,” she said, tossing the remote over to him and making her way to the bathroom. “Be right back.”

Rachel shut the bathroom door behind her and stared at herself in the mirror for a moment before changing into her pajamas. She couldn’t help but notice that her face was a whole lot brighter. It was getting harder and harder to hide her smile. Despite all her reservations, she was finally opening up. Perhaps everything was going to be ok after all.

Garfield fumbled the remote in his hands and swiped at it while it fell to the floor. He groaned and rolled out of bed, falling as a cat to land on his feet and slithering under the bed as a snake. It was easy to find the remote since it was still warm from their hands so he coiled around it and slid up the bed post. Had he always been so accustom to using animals for everyday things? Maybe back then but once the Titans split he tried to refrain from any strange activity.

Garfield turned into himself and wondered how long Rachel would take in the bathroom. Impatience was his strong suit so the green dude took his change of clothes and began dressing under his blanket. At the sound of the door opening, he panicked and fell off the bed. Garfield popped up from inside the blankets and smiled. “I’m okay.” His tank top was inside out but other than that he did rather well.

He tossed the blanket back onto the bed and gave the remote back to Rachel. “Uh I couldn’t find nothing to watch, you should find a movie!” Garfield had remembered that technically it was her turn considering the last time they went to watch a movie he picked.

Rachel opened the door of the bathroom and immediately her the thunk of Garfield falling to the floor, tied up in blankets. He quickly recovered and threw the remote back to her. “Uhm. Ok.”

She inched around his bed and sat down at the end of her own, turning the tv on as she did so. Flipping through the channels, she noticed there were many unavailable. Perhaps this was what he meant by hoping the Tv wasn’t just cable. Eventually though, she did find a channel showing a marathon of movies she was aware of. On the bottom right corner it dubbed it a “Harry Potter Weekend.” Rachel of course had read the books, so she able to determine that it was just the beginning of the movie.

“Is this one ok?” She asked.

While Rachel surfed through the endless supply of channels, Garfield decided to make himself comfortable. He plopped back down on the bed and rolled himself up in the blankets leaving only his face visible. “Totally! I like the animals in this movie.”

He rolled himself over to the side of his bed that was closest to Rachel only to realize he was on his face. With no arms it proved very difficult to flip over yet stay in place the way he wanted. “Hey Rae, couldja help a burrito out?” Garfield asked hoping he wasn’t about to fall off the edge.

Rachel turned around and saw Garfield wrapped up tight in his blanket and very close to the edge of the bed. “What are you doing?” She shook her head and stood up to help him.

Standing at the edge of the bed, she tried pushing the beast boy burrito over. Doing so rolled him right back to the center of the bed, but at least he was face up again. She shrugged. “All right, scooch over, burrito.”

Rachel climbed onto the bed and wriggled in next to her friend, getting herself comfortable too. She wasn’t used to physical contact, but this felt ok somehow. Actually, it was kind of comforting.

“Hey Gar?” Rachel asked once she was all settled. “Do you remember your life before you, you know, turned green and started shapeshifting?”

Garfield could hear even if things were muffled and felt his body be moved back to where it was. Once Rachel did so and saw his predicament, he looked over her with frustration riddling his voice. “See?” He watched her climb up into the bed with him and decided to prop his head up on the pillow so he could see everything without needing to turn.

Garfield was a bit surprised with Rachel’s question considering she never liked talking about her past. He gave a solid “Hmm…” while recalling what he could. “Well…” sadness began filling his green eyes. “My parents were some type of scientist and we traveled a bunch. I dunno a lot from before I changed since I was small but I remember being homeschooled since we moved so much.”

Garfield rolled onto his back and sighed a little. It wasn’t often he thought about his parents but he certainly missed them no matter how long ago it had been. Even if he had stayed where they set up for him to live, they way they kids stared at them. It wasn’t the little kids fault but they certainly hurt the small Garfield enough to have him want to leave and never come back.

She knew it was more likely that a little green kid did not have the happiest of upbringings, but Rachel was kind of hoping for something better for Garfield. Just by the change of his eyes she can tell he was outed for being different, just like her. It made sense that he would jump at the chance to be a part of the Doom Patrol.

“It must have been scary,” she said. “When you turned into an animal for the first time.” She could only imagine what it must have felt like for him to not know what was happening to him, to his body.

Rachel was at least lucky in that respect, she always knew what she was and what she was supposed to do. The Azarathians never hid it from her. Sometimes, though, she wished they did, just for a little while.

Garfield thought back to when he originally was able to transform for the first time and it was most certainly worrisome, but like any child he grew to find the powers comical. He rolled over to face Rachel and nodded slightly. “Yeah but it was kinda fun. I remember I turned into the monkey that bit me first.” That would be something he could never forget.

In deep thought he tried to remember interacting with other children and what it was like. It then dawned on him why he truly felt out of place. “It was cuz I was green…” Garfield recalled, remembering the stares and the looks he would get. “They thought I was some weirdo and my parents were bad cuz they made me green.” He felt angry that they didn’t know the whole story of why he was green and chose to enact their personal thoughts on a situation they had no hold on.

Garfield sat up and pushed his arms out of the blanket burrito. “Mom and dad saved me by making me green, they didn’t do anything wrong.” He never understood why people often blamed his parents. He wouldn’t be alive if they weren’t the people they were. “It wasn’t their fault they got into that accident and left me…all alone…”

Rachel flinched at the revelation of what happened to his parents. It made perfect sense that they would no longer be around, she knew he was with the Doom Patrol for a while. To hear it out loud reminded her why the titans never really talked about their pasts. Maybe it’s something all heroes have to go through in order to be heroes.

“I wish I could meet them,” Rachel said quietly, and knew that what she said was true. “They must have been pretty incredible people to make you.”

She turned back to the TV, feeling a bit guilty for starting the touchy conversation, but not really regretting it. She was happy to know another side of him. Perhaps she also understood a bit why he’s such a goofball, maybe it’s a bit of a coping mechanism.

Garfield turned away from Rachel while she spoke kindly about the type of people his parents must have been. He wasn’t upset with her but more upset in general just remembering his mom and dad. He laid their in silent thought for about twenty minutes before rolling back over and facing Rachel.

Garfield didn’t look her in the eyes at first but spoke softly. “Rae…I’m sorry. I wasn’t tryna be mad with you.” He looked up and locked eyes with her, smiling. “Thanks for being here for me…” Garfield held his arms out at Rachel and raised a brow.

Garfield knew that Rachel wasn’t one for hugs but apology hugs were waaaay different in his eyes. Surely she’d be okay with those right? It stunk that he made their good night a little worse but he could salvage the remainder so they could at least sleep happily.

Last edited:
I’m the twenty minutes of silence, Rachel was actually starting to get worried. Was he mad at her for bringing it up? She of all people knew talking about the past could be difficult. This was probably the longest Gar had ever been quiet without being asleep. Rachel turned back from the movie and stared at him, waiting for him to turn around. From what she could sense, he was in pain.

“Ga-“ she started, but stopped when he finally turned around to face her. He looked right at her and opened his arms for a hug. For once she didn’t hesitate and scooted right into the hug. She held on tightly to him, leaning her head against his chest.

“I’m sorry,” she whispered. Rachel started to understand just how much of a blow it was for him to lose the Titans. She didn’t really have a family before, but he lost his family twice.

“It’s my fault for thinking our night needed some good old fashioned family trauma.” She looked up at him. “I’m glad you were able to share it with me, though.”

Garfield wrapped his arms around Rachel, shocked at the speeds in which she followed suit with his gesture. He shook his head as his chin slightly rubbed the top of her head. He pulled her back away from his body and looked down while she spoke.

Rachel made good points and it was well noted that she cared about his feelings as much as he had. Her growth as a person and a friend was very clear in that department. Maybe the defeat of Trigon made this easier for the half demon?

Garfield steeled himself and exhaled. “I would tell you anything Rae. I trust you with my life, LITERALLY! I’m just no good with talking about them…” He scooted down a little so that they superhero duo were eye to eye. “I hope you know I…” Garfield looked as if he was scared of what Rachel would think of him with his next words. “I love you Rae and nothing could change that….” He said with steady eyes on hers.

Garfield often used those words as Raven use to say when they were all out and he genuinely expressed himself with his team, no, his family. Now it was slightly different considering the circumstances, but to him the meaning and intent behind the words remained the same.

Rachel froze as she stared back at him. So many thoughts flooded her brain and yet she couldn’t comprehend any of it. She forgot how to think, which wasn’t good at all for someone like her. His words were the same, but different this time.

Come on, Raven. Do something!

She was scared, but didn’t feel unsafe. All of her caution must have been left and forgotten on the roof of the hotel. She’ll have to retrieve that later. But for now, there was only one thing she could think to do.

Rachel moved in closer so that they were nose to nose. Then, finally, she kissed him.

In response to her emotions being fully released for the first time in a long time, Rachel’s magic shot out and short circuited the TV. It fizzled loudly before blacking out. Rachel pulled back and quick looked over at the TV. “Oops,” she gasped, realizing what she had done.

Garfield got a little nervous at Rachel’s silence and when she got nose to nose with him he dared not blink. Something about her eyes reminded him of a big cats, maybe a panthers or a lioness but it was certainly intimidating. Of course he leaned into the kiss, arms tightening their hold instinctively.

Garfield jumped and opened a single eye when he heard the TV practically explode. He looked and Rachel with a grin. “Was that a ghost or you just happy to see me?” Garfield teased before scratching his head at the situation. “Uh howdja do that?” He asked genuinely not understanding what had just happened.

Rachel blushed, embarrassed by her lack of control. “My powers are linked to my emotions,” she explained. She rolled over and grabbed the remote. “They become unpredictable when I lose control.”

Clicking the power remote on the TV proved useless. Whatever her powers did to the TV, it wasn’t a simple fix like pressing a button. She wondered if she killed the outlet.

Rachel flipped her feet over the side of the bed and stood up. Not willing to test her powers right now, she walked over to the TV and inspected the outlet. She unplugged the TV and plugged it into the next closest outlet. That seemed to do the trick, the TV flickered back to life and continued right where it left off, showing Harry Potter on the hogwarts express in the dark. The dementors were coming to suck all the happiness out of him.

Rachel sighed in relief, glad she didn’t break the TV. “I should meditate,” she said, and turn to go hover by the window.

Garfield facepalmed when Rachel explained something he already knew. “Man I totally knew that answer.” He sat up in his bed and watched her go through the trial and error of something he certainly would’ve deemed broken and called it a day. Luckily Rachel was much less lazy than he was and figured out the issue in less than a few minutes.

Garfield scrambled to his feet, nearly tripping out of bed thanks to the blanket, and walked over to Rachel. “Oo wait, I wanna meditate too. Will I float too or do I gotta be magic for that?” He certainly liked the idea of just floating up and down but not as an animal. That was something he could do at anytime he wanted.

Before Rachel was given a chance to answer yes or no, Garfield waved his hands to dismiss any talking she could’ve done. “No don’t say nothing you told me how to before.” He strained to remember exactly what she had told him about meditating. “Just be quiet and think about something but like, think about nothing?” Garfield asked in hopes to be correct.

Rachel was glad he wasn’t mad or freaked out that she nearly took out the TV just because of one kiss. She’d have to try harder so it doesn’t happen again, if it does happen again.

She crossed her legs up into the air and held her hands out, grinning at Gar’s confusing description of meditation. “Yeah, that’s pretty much it.” Knowing that Gar wouldn’t be able to hover in the air, she shut her eyes and secretly used her own magic to lift him herself.

It was proving difficult for her to focus, too many strong thoughts pounding in her head. Rachel opened one eye to see Gar trying really hard too, and she wondered if he realized what she had done. “Look at you, already a natural,” She commented.

Garfield sat down across from Rachel and crossed his legs in a sort of mirrored way with her. He spread his arms to match her and closed his eyes. His mind was very rampant with the slow revelation of what had happened between him and Rachel. It was relatively simple to clear his mind since he didn’t know what to think. It was complicated trying to process anything without directly asking Rachel, then what would be the point of meditating.

When Rachel mentioned he was a natural Garfield opened his eyes. His face lit up with surprise and joy as he felt nothing below his posterior. He laughed, holding his stomach and waved his hands beneath himself. “No way dude!”

Garfield was ecstatic to say the least but felt himself lower to the ground. Unknowing that Rachel was the one making him float he figured that he was losing concentration and therefore losing altitude. He straightened back up and zipped his lip before closing his eyes and going back to meditating with Rachel.

Rachel shut her eyes again and allowed her focus to slip away into the inter-dimensional chasm that was her mind. Surrounded by floating rocks and darkened skies, others may feel a sense of isolation, loneliness, or fear. This, however, was world that kept Rachel grounded. It was a reminder that she was just a speck in the grand scope of existence itself. Emotions here are worthless. All that’s left is peace.

When Rachel opened her eyes, she found that Garfield was still floating next to her and trying his best to meditate. She wasn’t sure if it was doing him any good, or maybe he had just fallen asleep. Glancing over at the clock on the bedside table, it had only been about 30 minutes, one of her shorter sessions. Normally, she could go on for hours. She found that she was back in control of her powers again, as evident by the fact she was still holding Garfield up, so she decided to call it quits.

“Hey,” Rachel whispered, not wanting to scare him if he was zoned out. “You ok?”

Garfield hadn’t expected the time to flow this well in his “peaceful” state of mind. He wondered what Rachel normally did mentally when she sat here for hours on end. There was no way he would sit for longer than what he had just then. It felt like it would be something he’d get use to since he did like floating. It made him feel free and truly relaxed. If he wanted to keep doing that then he’d certainly continue to get better at meditating.

His eyes shot opened and he looked a bit confused. “Huh what’s happening?” Garfield rubbed his eyes and tried to put his feet on the ground. Once he did so he remembered they were just meditating and smiled at Rachel. “Did I do good? For like a beginner?” Garfield asked helping Rachel to her feet. It was rather nice being able to do something she enjoyed with her and hopefully having done it correctly.

Garfield flopped back on his bed and exhaled. “That was pretty awesome. We should do that s’more!” He stared at the ceiling and knew they’d have to start heroing again soon. That didn’t mean he wouldn’t enjoy every second he got outside of “the job”.

Rachel let go of the magic holding Garfield up and gratefully took his hand to get down herself, which wasn’t needed but nice anyway.

“You actually liked it?” She asked, rubbing her arm and sitting on the side of her bed. She stared straight ahead, enjoying the comfortable moment of silence between them while her thoughts ran through her head at a nice even pace. “I’m out of practice with my powers after so long, so there’ll be a lot of times I need to meditate. You’re welcome join….whenever you want.”

She looked out the window. While she was in her mind, she got a sense of the city. The Justice League was not there, but Metropolis was not left unprotected.

“I sensed some heroes while I was meditating, but I couldn’t tell who they were. We’re going to find the help we need,” Rachel informed. She covered her mouth as a big yawn forced its way out of her. “But that’s tomorrow’s problem.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back