• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Beast Boy and Raven (Closed)

Garfield wanted to say that technically the Justice League had the Hall of Justice but it didn’t matter since it was empty at the time anyways. Maybe some lesser known heroes were within Metropolis still…

He looked at Rachel and shrugged his shoulders. “Probably do some bad stuff but if we do bad stuff there’s no way they’d just let us go right?” Garfield watched her turn to the paint and wasn’t sure what she was thinking about just yet. “You got a plan Rae? I wanna know too don’t leave me out!” He demanded, “banging” his fist on the table. It was fun to pretend to be serious but maybe it was a little too fun for Garfield.

In response, Rachel stood up and walked over to inspect the paints. “The last thing we need is for people to think we’ve gone bad, so what if we were in disguise?” She took out some of the pain cans to see the colors.

“We make a villain, do some sort of stunt to get everyone’s attention, then once a hero shows up and defeats us, we reveal ourselves and what our true intentions are.”

She thought back to when Cyborg went undercover in Hive to better understand what Brother Blood was up to. This would be the same thing, except this time they’re looking for a hero, not a villain. It felt like something Robin would do.

Garfield wasn’t exactly sure about this idea. Couldn’t something go wrong? Wasn’t it usually Rachel thinking stuff like this? “But if we does that then what if they think we’re really bad guys and try to take us down for reals?” He asked before looking down at the paints.

Even he was starting to see what she wanted to do. “We’ll does that mean we both get to be bad guys? Cuz I wanna be a cool one” Garfield demanded while Rachel looked the colors through. “I think I only got regular colors in there Rae.”

“We won’t do anything bad. Just… make a scene. Put on a show. You’ve always been good at getting everyone’s attention.”

Rachel pulled out all the paints and scrutinized the colors. Orange, black, white, red, brown, and more colors matching the colors of multiple animals. She, of course, was looking at the black paint for herself.

“You’ve seen movies. Any ideas for a believable villain?”

Garfield was glad to hear that they weren’t going to do anything bad. It would’ve been really awkward kidnapping some people or something then letting them go. There’s no way they could come back and be heroes after something like that getting out right? “Uhh not really… I didn’t pay attention to that stuff…..but I bet I could make something up!”

He watched Rachel pick out the colors and tapped his head. “What if we just like….” Garfield was drawing a blank but wanted to contribute to the idea. “We cooould…Oo! We could do like an evil speech or something at a big place and scare some people and see if the good guys come and stop us.” He suggested.

Rachel snorted. “I’ll leave the evil speech to you. I’m not one for speeches.” She thought about things she could do that wouldn’t hurt anyone. Scaring people doesn’t necessarily hurt them, and Rachel knew she could be very creepy when she wanted to be. A vision came to mind, and she stood up and went to her room.

When she came back a moment later, she had a long green robe in her hand. “What if we’re Wicked Scary?”

Garfield laughed at the sound that Rachel emitted since it was the first time he had heard it. Whenever she left to her room her raised a brow. “Where ya going?” Since she didn’t reply he figured it would be a quick in and out thing.

When Rachel came back with robe he laughed and took it from her. He wrapped it around his body and used it like Dracula would have, peering over his forearm draped in the robe. “I think this will be perfect my evil ally..” Garfield said in his best villain impersonation.

Rachel raised an eyebrow at his poor attempt to sound villainous. She didn’t think he could ever really sound scary or villainous, not in his human form anyway.

“We’ll work on it,” she said, pulling the robe off of him and folding it over her arm. “If we’re lucky, someone will show right away and we don’t need to pull this off for too long.”

Rachel looked around the room, thinking of the things she would need to pack. “I suppose we’ll have to take transportation to get there. Have you ever been to Metropolis?”

Garfield leaned towards Rachel when she was pulling off the robe, pulling himself back standing with a bit of recoil and having to steady his legs a little bit. She was definitely right about him needing to work on his villain voice.

Truthfully after the Titans, Garfield hardly traveled with the exclusion to their out of city missions. “Nuh uh. You mean we gotta ride a bus or plane? Can’t you just portal us there and boom we’re villains!” He suggested. It only made sense of course but who knew, maybe it would be best if they had more time to actually think about what they would do once they’re there.

Rachel shook her head. “Too far, and I haven’t been there before so I could land us in a less than ideal location.”

She stooped down to pack up the paints again, they’ll just have to bring them all. “Maybe we should take a bus of train. I don’t know what the rules about paints are on planes. We can probably have more luggage too.”

Rachel stood up once done packing the paint. “I’ll go pack,” she said as she went back to her room.

Garfield didn’t think Rachel had a limit to her powers considering her father but when she said the reason, it made sense. How could you teleport to a place you couldn’t imagine? “Why can’t you have paint onna plane, that’s stupid.” He tried to think of a realistic reason of why that would be, Rachel leaving to pack.

Luckily for him, Garfield had everything in bags already besides his video game stuff he took out. He quickly unplugged everything from Rachel’s television and put it back into its proper bag. He walked over to the book that had flopped to the ground and picked it up. “Rae, I think you’re gonna wanna take this.” Garfield teased, holding the book over her head. Once she got it back he laughed and picked his bags up.

“C’mon! Whatcha waiting on?” It was clear he was happy to get going to the city of Superman and his best friend. “I can pay for a hotel or something right?” Hopefully Rachel would let him contribute this time.

It didn’t take Rachel long to pack. She brought a few civilian outfits and a few robes for clothes, 3 of her spell books and her meditation mirror just in case, and her toiletries. She didn’t expect they’d stay long, hopefully they’d be back before she missed the rest of her things.

Walking back into the living room, Rachel saw Garfield holding up her book out of reach for her. Not taking the bait, she floated up into the air to snatch the book and throw it into her bag.

She gave one final look around the apartment, making sure it would be ok with her being gone a few days. There wasn’t much in the fridge anyway, so she deemed it ok and grabbed her things.

“Fine by me. Let’s head to the train station first and see if they have anything headed to Metropolis soon,” she said with a shrug. The lights were shut off, front door locked, and they were on their way out on the streets.

Outside was foggy and grey with the smell of rain coming soon. The train station was a bit of a distance away, so Rachel was hoping for the lack of rain so she wouldn’t be sitting in soaked clothes for a long ride.

As if in reply, a few drops plopped onto her head, a warning of what was to come.

“Do you have your skateboard?” Rachel asked, watching the sky.

It was cute watching Rachel grab the book from his hands and using her powers but he had to make sure he got everything. Garfield tossed his things in all the bags and realized that now Rachel had her own bags to carry so he had to carry both bags.

While they walked, Garfield had a bag in each hand and waddling alongside Rachel. He looked at each bag and motioned to the one in his left hand. “Uh huh, it’s in here with my clothes.” He instructed. He wasn’t sure why she asked but it must’ve been for something she wanted.

Rachel shrugged. “Just thought about it. Looks like rain. And who knows, maybe our villain can use a set of wheels.”

They continued to walk as the rain started to pick up, but luckily the train station was just around the corner now. One train was just leaving as they arrived, filled with passengers. Rachel hoped their train wasn’t as filled, way too cramped, especially with their luggage.

“Do you see a train schedule anywhere?” She asked, peering through the rain.

Garfield thought it was a little awkward for her to ask but the thought of a skateboard king villain seemed a little funny so he laughed it off anyways. When the rain began dropping more rapidly he wanted to move closer to Rachel but his bags on either side of him would’ve bumped into her so he just followed closely behind.

Garfield looked around for something on the wall with a bunch of numbers on it and places to go. He walked over to a poster he found and read each line with his finger until finding the one with Metropolis and reading the times. He jogged back over to Rachel and started naming the times. “It said 6:30, 8:45 andddd….” Garfield scratched his head and ran back to the poster and then back to Rachel. “Oh and the next one is 11:00. “ He said definitively.

Rachel nodded. “At least we don’t need to wait long. Let’s get our tickets.”

There was a ticket kiosk right along the side of the tracks which Rachel opted for so she wouldn’t have to any ticket teller. There was no one nearby, must have just missed the rush hour work commute time, so she conjured a shield above their heads to protect them from the rain as she ordered the tickets.

Rachel dropped her bag to the ground so she would have a free hand to work the machine. After a few moments of putting in credit card information, two tickets spat out of the machine. Rachel grabbed them and stuffed them in her pocket.

“All set,” she said. “Now we wait.”

Garfield eyed a few civilians of the train station to make sure they weren’t watching the duo. Maybe they were Madam Rouge in disguise or some other shapeshifting villain Lex Luthor hired to take them out. So far so good….

He didn’t expect Rachel to just up and use her powers considering their location but he was grateful for the dryness. He peered over her shoulder, looking at the tickets before she pocketed them. Garfield groaned loudly, trying to be obnoxious when Rachel mentioned waiting. “But Rae, how come we just didn’t come later? I hate waitiiiiing….” Garfield put his forehead on her shoulder.

Rachel rolled her eyes. “Patience is a virtue.” Not knowing what to do with his head on her shoulder, she decided to just ignore it.

She nodded over at the train platform.It had some covering from the rain thanks to a small structure protecting the bench there. “Let’s wait over there so I can release this.”

Rachel picked up her bags again and lead the way over to the bench, releasing her magic umbrella right as they reached it. The rain responded by coming down harder, as if angry that it could no longer reach them. Rachel sat down on the bench and dropped her bags beside her. “It’s not too much longer. Think you can handle it?”

Garfield sat up a little and attempted to throw his hands up but they were weighed down by his bag, so he settled for a shoulder shrug. “I don’t even know what a virtue is Rach….” He said in reply to Rachel’s wise words. It frustrated him a little more when Rachel used words that no one used anymore. Like, who actually knew what “virtue” meant anyways?

Garfield trudged along, tucking the bag with his electronics and such inside into his body in case water wanted to seep through the bag’s material. No way was he going to a new place with nothing to do the whole time. He sat down next to Rachel and sat his bags in his lap. “I dunno Rae, I might need some help…” Garfield coughed like he was dying and laid his head on the bags in his lap. “I’m dying…. I’m dying of boredom….” He exaggerated.

“Why am I not surprised,” Rachel said sarcastically at him not knowing what virtue means.

She was tempted to take out her book and read while waiting for the train, but Garfield’s dramatic reenactment of dying put that on hold.

“We’ve only been here a minute,” she said, shaking her head. “What do you want me to do about it? I can’t make the train come faster.”

Garfield looked up at Rachel from his laying down position. Has it only been 1 minute? He looked around for a clock but lost interest in the idea before he found one. “But Raaae…You got magic right? Doctor Strange had magic and he can do stuff like go through time. You should totally just bring us faster in time and BOOM! The trains right there.” He says up as he finished his sentence, pointing both hands to the tracks.

Garfield figured Rachel was strong enough to do these things just because she wanted to but never took into consideration the time or dedication it took to learn these things. It would be nice for that to be an actual possibility though. Maybe she would turn time forward so they didn’t have to deal with this bald headed nerd.

“I’ve never heard of a Doctor Strange,” Rachel said with a raised eyebrow. “But traveling through time is dangerous and difficult. It’s not something you ‘just’ do so you don’t have to wait for a train.”

There were very few times she manipulated time, all times in either dire circumstances or by accident. After not using her powers for years, she wasn’t even sure she could still do it. Now that she thought about, she was kind of curious… but no. She shouldn’t. Her abilities are not to be fooled around with. But who knows, maybe for Doctor Strange it’s different.

“If you know him so well, maybe he can help us. It would save us the trip to Metropolis.”

Garfield poked Rachel in the side after she finished speaking. “Yeah but you didn’t say that you can’t do it.” He teased while she spoke of Doctor Strange. He snickered a little and shook his head. “Doctor Strange is a dude from the comics Rae. They call him sorcerer supreme pizza or something.”

Garfield imagined Rachel traveling through time and wondered how she would use it. “Y’know if I could time travel I’d make all the boring stuff in life go by fast so I wouldn’t have to worry bout being bored. What bout you?”

“Sorcerer Supreme…. Pizza.” Rachel stayed away from comic books, and now she knew she was right too. Definitely not her type of story.

Rachel thought about what she would do if she could time travel, time travel easily without consequence that is. For someone who for the longest time dreaded the passing of time as it crept closer to the day of her destiny, she didn’t see the appeal of making time go faster. If anything, she’d want to freeze time, or even go back in time. She didn’t want to say that, though, he might get ideas.

“I would use it so I wouldn’t have to listen to your jokes,” she replied, deadpanned.

Garfield shrugged his shoulders at Rachel’s skeptical response to Doctor Strange’s nickname. “I dunno dude it’s something like that. I forgot the whole thing…” It wasn’t often he forgot certain detail from comics and movies but it’s not like Doctor Strange was one of his favorite heroes or something.

Garfield gasped and shook his head. “Liar liar, cloak on fire! You likes my jokes. I even made you snort like a little piggy earlier.” He pointed out, smiling at the thought of the genuine sound Rachel made. “Wait wait couldja do it again.” He burst into laughter, pressing his forehead against his bags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back