• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom BBC: Sherlock (any tags and characters welcome)

Blu_lifee

The true roleplayer
[All tags welcome and any character welcome] sherlock slumped against the wall, growing tired of tugging on his chains. His eyes dragged around the dark room, looking for anything to tell him what time it was, what day. He had lost count at the second week. He just hoped that somehow he could get out of this, whether it was talking his way out with his captor or rescue. He lifted his head as he heard the door open, unsure of what to hope for at this point.

Jim walked in and wore a rather bored expression.

"No, I didn't do this to you. I'm sure that's not what you expected, is it? But we don't really have time for all that now. You don't get a choice. I can get you out of here, or I can let you stay here and rot .. which I'd really rather not do. You provide me with a very nice source of entertainment, most of the time. We do have that special something, now don't we?" The smile came, brilliant, bemused, always mocking yet paradoxically as well, inviting. Warm, in some strange meaning of the term. "The one who took you is dead now, Sherly. Basically, I inherit you, I adopt you. My men have secured this place, and this can go any way we want it to. " Dark eyes shone in the room, there was a slight influx of light coming in now from the still opened door.

"I would hate for you to make the wrong choice, Sexy."

Sherlock sits up a bit more, trying to regain what sense of power he managed to have, "If I provide you so much entertainment, why would you let me go? What's your angle Moriarty?"

"You're only entertaining in the wild. That's my angle. You aren't very much fun this way."

He sat down beside him, and lit a cigarette now. "Aren't you curious why you're in chains? Someone did have an angle for that. Maybe you don't care. If I release you, you'll do one of three things: try to restrain me, flee the scene, or sit down here like a civilized man and have a chat with me. Or ...maybe .. accept my invitation to come back to my flat and talk there. But we have a lot to discuss. Things have changed."

Sherlock looked to Moriarty curiously, "well I'm sure whatever they're angle was is useless now... I'm sure that a chat should be in order, I will admit that I am rather curious about what is going on in that mind of yours"

Jim laughed. "There's my Virgin." He moved to unlock the chains, with a small key. There were remnants of blood on it. Whatever had happened, someone had likely died, as Moriarty had said.

He released him, and sat back. "I may be top dog in the pack, but I have competition. You were captured by someone wanting my place in the underworld. A rival, as it were, Sherlock. As far as I know, I was the only one notified of your abduction: this was a trap for me." He took a long draw on the cig. "I saved your life, and by my estimation, you owe me now."

Sherlock scoffs, "one, I am not a virgin, two, I owe you nothing. I've saved you many times by not turning you in"

He stands, rubbing his wrists softly, leaning back against the wall, "you should have known that someone would come for your position at some point"

Jim arched a dark brow. "Not a virgin." He filed that away for later information. "Well, I guess you have me there, Sherly. In prison for any length of time, I'd be toast, eventually. Like I said, I have enemies and rivals. Of course I knew they would. I've waited for it, let them come out of the shadows rather than stay in the dark like poisonous snakes! Now .. " Jim settled back, and stubbed out the cigarette. "I have something to entertain you." He brought out a small sealed glass vial. "Now the thing about the contents of this is, if I accidentally had dropped and shattered it, our conversation would be minimal at best. Nerve agents are fun to play with, you just have to be .. a little careful." He grinned at Sherlock. "If I drop this now? We go belly up. If any of my men scattered across the major cities of the world drop theirs? ... a little more will happen. I know you do love a good game."

Sherlock narrows his eyes at mycroft, tired of playing his game after how long he had spent in this room. He crosses his arms and rubbed his face softly, "alright, I'll bite, what do you want?"

"A public statement that I am innocent of all suspicions and an apology of ever besmirching the good name of James Moriarty. Further, a declaration that you are delighted to be my very good friend. Also, you are deeply ashamed of being such a failure and you will do better in the future."

It was hard to not burst out laughing, it was so absurd. But he was serious. "That's what I want. Telly, national BBC, everyone has to see it. Prime time."

Sherlock blinks and scoffs, "sure, and that would solve all of your problems, I'd still be after you. Humiliation tactics wont work on me Moriarty, I thought you were smarter than that"

"Oh honey! I don't want anything to 'work' on you, and this isn't about humiliation! This is about the truth!" A sly wink, and he reached out to grab his wrist, boldly. "After all, aren't we good friends now, after all this time, and all the game I have given you over the years, and here, now, saving your arse this way? Friends ... can still harbour evil thoughts for one another, you know. And Sherlock - you have turned out to be not a problem, after all, but what keeps me interested in living."

Sherlock looked to Moriarty's hand, "if I am so special to you than why would you try to ruin my career? Wouldnt it be in your best interest of entertainment if I could still work? Give you more of a chase?"

Jim frowned, but he did not let go.

"You may be good for me, but you're bad for business. You're intimidating weak minded morons that I unfortunately have to deal with for my little empire. So you may feel some pride in that, and we can laugh about it privately, but in public, I need you to clean things up. Privately? Chase me all you want, baby. I insist on it. Just wipe things clean so the chickenshit associates I have aren't shaking in their wee boots. Even some of the worst of the worst in the world are cowards, and I have a bit of a global thang goin' on. I kind of like the money. Ok, I really like the money."

Sherlock chuckles, "so, you hire and deal with idiots and now that's my problem? I thought you were better than that, a shame really"

Now Jim did let go.

"Really. Disappointed in me, are you? Well then. Maybe I ought to just end this once and for all." Jim's feelings were capable of being hurt, despite the fact of his hideous crimes and completely detached sense of right and wrong. He knew the difference, but he did not care. Conscience was something that had never annoyed him. But what Sherlock thought of him .. that mattered. His dark eyes seemed to darken further, and he looked at the vial in his other hand. "Maybe I can show you the error of your words right now. Or .." He smiled. "I can just kill off some of the world."

Sherlock hums, taking Moriarty's hand that held the vial in his own, "or, you could do neither, and we can talk. I'd hate to bore you here. Id have more of a chance of staying alive if I go to your place, wouldnt want to ruin your floors"

Jim grinned at this. "How can I refuse an offer like that?" He pocketed the vial, very carefully. "Alright, Sherlock. Make me feel alive again. Make me feel like I want to be alive. Follow me." Jim turned and led the way up and out of where Sherlock had been held. "Out here, come on, I know the light hurts your eyes, toughen up. Out here, do not try to run off, that would be ever so stupid of you. That car there, in front. The Jag. Get in the passenger side. Needless to say, I'm driving."

His men were all over the house, and they nodded briefly at the two.

Sherlock walks calmly as he follows Moriarty to the car, his eyes scanning as much of what he could catch. He squinted when he saw the light and only rolled his eyes when he climbed into the passenger side of the overly fancy car.

Jim drove them through winding back streets, and he turned to Sherlock suddenly. "Close those pretty blue eyes, Sherlock."

Yet he didn't bother to check or watch that he had, as he turned down the street where his own home was. Perhaps Sherlock already knew where he lived. Mycroft certainly did. Or perhaps Jim didn't mind if he knew. He pulled into the three car garage and turned off the Jag's motor. "Come on, that door there, let's have some 'us' time, Sherlock. "

Sherlock shut his eyes, though he managed to remember the time it took and which turns he made while he drove. He opened his eyes when he felt the car shut off, he hummed and got out of the car, looking around a bit, it was nice for a high end house.

"Come on in."

Jim went in and turned the lights on. It was nice, alright, and he did not think twice about Sherlock being behind him. Whether it was trust or recklessness, who could really say. Certainly not Moriarty himself, who very rarely was as certain of why he did anything as he seemed to be. "This time, I'll make the tea. With or without arsenic. Joking!!"

Sherlock chuckles, the man's dark humor funny despite the obvious danger. He could almost hear John yelling at him, though there was no doubt that he had no idea where he was.

"I have more regard for you than to ever poison you, and I know you'd never stoop so low to me either. Besides, if I wanted you dead, you'd be dead long ago. I'm sure you realize that by now."

He made the tea quickly, and brought over an elegant 18th Century teapot in gorgeous white floral. Two cups, and saucers to match. "Cream? Sugar?" Jim Moriarty affecting the Good Host, now. Because it amused him to do so.

Sherlock hums softly, "and I think you have the same thought that I would have done the same to you"

He takes the cup and saucer gently, shaking his head, he sips the tea gently, finding it to his taste, "so, it seems weve come to an impasse"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back